Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

great place to work
Frame Shop Manager (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 27, 2015
Pros: hourly wage, closed Sundays
Cons: support (sometimes)
great people, fun job, great pay, loved working with the customers, framing was a nice way to work, co-workers were nice
Productive with a Christian based atmosphere.
Cashier (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working with the public. Since I've worked at Hobby Lobby I am learning new how each department puts our product on the shelves and to condence product down to a smaller area.
I enjoy working with the team because everyone is hard working and works well with each other.
Retail and hard work
Art Framer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Pay rate and Sundays off
Cons: Holidays and inventory is exhausting
Base pay is excellent and offers lots of learning about retail. Depending what store you work at, can be extremely busy or rather slow. Must multi-task and go beyond your job description. Problem solving is a must with customers and customer service is demanding. Learning a new skills is great.
Fast paced job environment.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great medical benefits, great pay, always guaranteed Sunday and Christmas off.
Cons: not guaranteed 40 hours, inconsistent work schedule, work almost every Saturday and holiday, plus several evenings
Working at Hobby Lobby has taught me several valuable skills, such as strong customer service and office management skills. I have learned to be much more confident when helping and serving customers. I have also been exposed to many customer personality types, and therefore have gained an insight on how to handle certain customers in a delicate manner. Expectations of individual employees are high and leave no room for slacking or fun. Unfortunately, team-work is practically does not exist here, in fact the majority of the time management frowns upon helping a fellow employee. Sadly this current position leaves no room for growth, management, or better career opportunities.
lot's of room for quick growth
District Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: reward for hard workers.
Cons: not a 40 hr week/short break
start with customer service and ends with customer service, you learn that the customer is always right no matter what. My co-workers are like family we have pot lucks and meetings to better our store operations. the hardest part of the job is to get the district to all be on the same page but the best part of the job is that we all get along.
Company has good code culture,compensation is great; however a need for continue growth in job work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albany GaMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good compensation/benefits
Cons: job security
Planning and Organization
Maturity
Rational Thought Process
Communication Skill
Reaction to Pressure
Aggressive and Enthusiasm
very productive
Reciever (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2015
Daily job task include in-checking items coming in for shipping docks across the world. Also tagging these items so the company pullers can have the correct amount of supplies as they work. I also worked a night shift for a few months that instructed me to completely back stock items in a timely fashion that weren’t used from the day shift. I also drove the forklift and EPJ (electric pallet jack).
pros: friendly coworkers, good management cons:short lunches unfriendlly customers no benefits for part time workers
Customer Service/Stockman (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMarch 14, 2015
Typical day at work, stocking aisles, opening boxes, preparing for the next season.
What I learned is I want to go back.
Management is good
coworkers are good and friendly
Hardest part is collecting boxes
The most enjoyable part is everything else!
Hobby Lobby
Seasonal Department Manager (Former Employee), Pearland, TxMarch 12, 2015
A typical day is checking shelves to place merchandise needed on shelf. Its not a hard job but if the store manager is a jerk then the job is horrible. Most of the co-workers are down to earth and friendly same with customers.
Great environment; enjoy the people
ART AND CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 12, 2015
Pros: beautiful work environment
Cons: not really a con, but work can be intense and very face-paced
My department was full of great people, very hardworking that produced excellent product. The environment is open, friendly and a great place to work.
I love working for Hobby Lobby
Department Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 11, 2015
I love my job, my co workers, and my bosses! I enjoy coming to work daily. I enjoy my daily duties and assisting the customers that need help.
It was a job
Stockman (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work was stocking shelves. Also running a register when asked and doing multiple other miscellaneous tasks.
Productive learning experience
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2015
A very good part-time job for someone in school. They are very flexible with scheduling and no work on sundays. Co-workers care about one another and are happy to help. Management can be overbearing at times but build you to be a person that pays attention to detail and organize your things.
Good Company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2015
Its a Christian based store which means its closed on Sundays and all major holidays. I enjoy working with my co-workers and there is a lot of teamwork involved. This job does give to a since of responsibility by being a department head. In my opinion, there a little advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Also, management is good but of course it all depends on whose doing the management. In all, I have gained some experience and its a good company to work for.
Very Pleasant
ORDER PULLER-SORTER (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaMarch 5, 2015
I was early for work. Started off as an order vpuller then went to sorting after that went to packing. I knew all the stations so Icould float to were they needed me ther most. It was just a temp job. I finished my assignment.
Although there can be a bit of down time, for the most part we are always busy with something which helps the workday go quicker.
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Casper, WYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: closed on sundays
Cons: we don't have scanning at registers
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work and I feel much of that is due to the owner, David Green. I read his book, "More than a Hobby", and it gave me insight on how things are done, why they are done in that manner and all seems to be dealt with, putting God and family first....can't go wrong that way! He pays attention to his employees, knowing that they have to be kept happy and feel they have some control. This in return, brings forth a better attitude and a desire to work hard for the company.
Rather disappointed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, KYMarch 3, 2015
Cons: lack of training
The company fails to live up to its Christian background. The lack of support from the leaders is vey disappointing. The lack of training for all levels promotes a culture of employees not fully understanding their jobs
It is a very warm and friendly place. A little bit of poor management.
Retail Associate/cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NeMarch 3, 2015
I personally like Hobby Lobby. I loved my co workers and the environment. Customers were very friendly and sweet. I don't quite agree with how management handled things at times. Other than that it's a great place to work.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: hard to learn the departements and what products go where.
Maintaining the store by stocking shelves and recovering misplaced items. The management was very nice and worked with me when my Mom became sick.
I enjoyed my co-workers as they were friendly and helpful to other co-workers as well as to customers.
The hardest part of the job was learning which departments products were located. When you first start working there, there is no lay out plan or labeling of the isles.
The most enjoyable part of working at Hobby Lobby is the atmosphere of the co-workers.
Great pay and variety of work to be done
Cashier/Office Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work. Closed on Sundays for religious perspective. Great pay. Variety of things to do each day. Variety of people to work with. Learn new things every day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos