Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Temple, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: breaks, awarding and closed on sundays
Cons: healthcare
customer service always. management i learned to do daily work logs, train new hires, and manage cash draw. met alot of nice people.
great an polite people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 13, 2014
I would step in the store an have a great attitude an smile on my face . also have a Idea how my day will go ..all ways had a great day working for Hobby Lobby ..district manger was polite and the assistant manger was also polite an you never could ask to many question ..loved working there!!
Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 10, 2014
My experience managing invoices, collaborating with vendors to resolve differences, performing audits, completing reconciliation reports and supporting remote locations allows you to add an experience professional to your team – one who will be productive at once. Created customer invoices. Worked with customers and Corporate on collection to maintain – more... a current AR aging schedule. Banking: deposited checks, prepared bank statement.
Processed daily receipts ensured prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts; including all lockbox, ACH and credit card payments. – less
new experience
Cashier (Current Employee), Norco, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: seasonal job
I am usually the first and last contact with a customer the management team is helpful and the co-workers are good team players the hardest part of the job is when I get a very rude or impatient customer but I have gotten through it
Nope
Inventory Control-Auditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2014
This place is filled with the worst kind of people. Bible thumping hypocrits. I'd never go back. I warn anyone thinking about working there.
GREAT PLACE TO START OUT AT
MECHANIC HELPER (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2014
VERY GOOD PLACE TO GET SOME EXPERIENCES FOR BEGINNER MECHANICS TRYING TO GET IN THE DIESEL FIELD.
A Job Enviorment Worth Being In
Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: part-time hours
As a cashier at Hobby Lobby, I have fun doing my part in helping my company. I've learned to multitask, take interest in other people and go above and beyond. My supervisor and coworkers are really nice and everyone cares for each other. A hard work day would most-likely be Saturday as Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays. And the pay is decent.
Fun place to work
Customer Service-Sales (Former Employee), Wilson, NCApril 2, 2014
Pros: good people, ok money, friendly environment
Cons: lack of pay for the work u was doing and lack of hours
Unload trucks of holiday supplies and school supplies throughout the year
Productive Job, Customer Service
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Merced, CAApril 1, 2014
Loved working at Hobby Lobby. I always stayed busy, I loved serving the customers
Review of Hobby Lobby
Cashier (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 31, 2014
I really enjoyed my role at Hobby Lobby. They are a great company to work for and I enjoyed my interacttions with the customers. Since I was on the front line I feel that my role was an important one as I am on the front lines and first impressions always make a difference. Management was strong and they always encouraged us to ask questions and if – more... we ever made mistakes it was always given contructively. My reason for not looking for full time is there is not any room for growth. – less
Monotonous counting, lots of walking.
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2014
Pros: cheap health insurance.
Cons: not many hours, no overtime possibility.
Counting boxes for the warehouse, making basic adjustments. The management did a very poor job in helping me learn the position, i was left almost to learn everything on my own. The fact that there are no possibilities of overtime nor moving up in the company deeply decreases my ambition to work there.
could use new ideas
Unloader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2014
Pros: fun friendly workers
Cons: management needs work
unloading trucks.
organization skills
management needs improvement.
co-workers were nice and fun.
hardest part was trying to get help from management
help me with learning craft and art
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 28, 2014
Team work and a never ending list of jobs to be done made this job and easy one to get through each day. The advancement opportunities and pay were horrible though.
If you like retail Hobby Lobby might be for you
Multi-Tasker, Warehouse, Stocking (Former Employee), Trexlertown, PAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: employees were great, you always have every sunday off, the pay for a retail job wasn't bad $9hr for part time and $14 for the full timers
Cons: training sucked, poor training, scheduling wasn't all that great. never enough hours, and you never will work a steady shift.
Setting up shelves, putting product up or moving product around, helping customers, stocking, unloading or loading truck every thursday, recovering, putting away returns, setting up displays, lite cleaning threw out the day, cleaning at the end of every night shift, etc.
Good job to learn new skills if put in the right place.
Framer (Former Employee), Mesa, AzMarch 26, 2014
Pros: 15% discount
Cons: short/no breaks, poor management, poor training
I loved the actual job itself. Seeing artwork each day, Helping customers love there art even more with a custom frame of there choosing. Building there frames and installing the artwork, seeing the faces of excitement when they pick it up. There management needed some serious help as well as training. The hardest part of the job was management not – more... being on the same page as the staff. – less
Fun place to work
Jewelry/Wearables Department Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AzMarch 26, 2014
I would recommend Hobby Lobby as a fun place to work. There is room for advancement and the employees are treated well.
General Manager (Former Employee), Gardendale, ALMarch 24, 2014
Company based on good beliefs and have stayed true to them. Good work/life blend.
Hobby Lobby
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flowood, MSMarch 21, 2014
Pros: location
A typical day at work was enjoyable. The staff was friendly and always willing to help with task. The customers were also enjoyable and sometime that made my job a little challenging, but I liked a little challenge.
Productive/ fun work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2014
Fun work environment. Cubicle work space with Mac computers. You get to work on a variety of jobs everyday.
Could be worse
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, not open too late, not physically demanding.
Cons: poor management
The job itself is fun, and not extremely difficult. Def. better than flipping burgers.

I did however go through five different managers in the six years I spent with the company. All five micromanaged to the point that work could get stressful with almost impossible expectations. It seems like common sense that stressing your employees out isn't very – more... productive.
For example the company would get mad if a cashier had more than 10 voided items per week. This goal was impossible to achieve as any customer changing their mind on an item in the middle of ringing them up would be a void (which happens dozens of times a day.) The management would also yell at you if your sales average was slightly higher than average (which is totally at the whim of what items the customers in your line purchased; not to mention that since it is an average, half of the cashiers are going to be above due the nature of what an average is anyways.)

Stores are commonly understaffed the majority of the year.

Overall a good college job, but not a good career choice. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

At Hobby Lobby, we know the value of exceptional people. More importantly, we want to find the right people to integrate into – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos