Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rigid attendance policy
A typical day of work consists of counting inventory using scales or by hand to ensure the numbers match the computer data. I also floated between data processing and mail departments helping out whenever fellow employees were absent. I assisted in dropping off store orders, running multiple print machines, sorting and packaging mail. My coworkers were all respectable hardworking individuals. Same for management. The most enjoyable part of the job was it never got boring, and the shift was perfect for my lifestyle.
Productivity is key
Associate (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Typically I entered work and looked at what was high priority. After completing those orders, I moved on to the next priority.

I have learned how to work with my hands and get past my fear of power tools. My co-workers are great and I hope to continue getting to know them.
Fun Place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Green Bay, WisconsinFebruary 26, 2015
The staff there are great to work with. They work hard and are super friendly. The management does decent with requested days off.
lots of work great company
Manager (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: closed on sundays
Cons: not enough payroll
it is really hard work but it was always different. gained lot of experience with high volume retail stores. the basic mission statement is exactly how the company is run.
Great Company
Customer Service Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), McDonough, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Read Previous Review listed under the Hobby Lobby Review. My Views are the same. Great Company to work for, Management needs better training.
Consistant change,
Part Times Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Moving seasonal around, changing displays and doing resets in the departments as required. Assist customers as needed.
Favorite place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pizza parties, hours
Cons: short breaks
Hobby Lobby was my favorite place to work at, great co- workers and managers. Everyone there was very friendly and hard working.
Great company
Stockmen (Former Employee), Katy, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: reliable boss, very creative co-workers
Cons: n/a
Everyday was the same, learned a lot while working this retail job that can definitely guide my way through another retail company. Managers were really strick around seasonal coming an going. Worked with some of the best co-workers that I have ever worked with.
calm place to work
cashier/sales (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: getting to meet new people everyday
Cons: the way managers treated you
a day at work was helping customers find the product they came in for, ring out sales, and answering any questions the customers may have. the management team never really talked to the employees unless they were throwing out demands to do something. The co-workers were very nice and friendly. The Hardest part of the job was unloading a tractor trailer of merchandise on truck day , the most enjoyable part was seeing different faces every day and getting a chance to talk with people.
Dependable job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: set schedule
Cons: break rooms to far away
I always had a set schedule, Monday through Friday. The break rooms were too far away. When you would get a break, by the time you actually got there, your break was almost up.
I hated this job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: the pay
worst place I have ever worked.the people are mean, they're not willing to help when you need it.You can't get help from the bosses. Everyone is judgmental.
I made a family of wonderful friends in my co-workers.
Head of Papercrafting (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: compensation and sundays off
Cons: long days, short breaks
Hobby Lobby is a "GO GO GO" type of place, meaning you can be anywhere in the building assisting at any given time no matter the task at hand. And for that I have learned to multitask very quickly. Management seemed of low impact and to share lack of communication and heart. My co-workers were always friendly and willing to assist and still are even outside of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was finishing the job at hand due to constantly being called to run the registers. I however, all in all enjoyed working in papercrafting because it is a very crafty area which I enjoy. My co-workers as well play a large part in the love I have for Hobby Lobby.
Great company to work for
Office Manager/Department Head (Former Employee), Prattville, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to get breaks
Working with the public was enjoyable. Hobby Lobby has a great system in place to process freight and orders. I have worked retail for many years and Hobby Lobby is the best one I have ever worked for.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Hobby Lobby is an excellent company that is highly supportive of their employees and staff members. Definitely recommend this company to everyone!
I loved their products, most of which was top quality. I can't work somewhere that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off all products in addition to the sale items
Cons: not getting enough hours
Count my bank. Open register and start checking out guests. Offering assistance with finding products, discounts and sales. Keeping register and floors clean. Stocking and pricing products when needed. At the end of shifts we would straighten shelves and prepare store for the next shift. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Management was always available to adjust the help accordingly to guest flow and problem solving. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that the products were great and the guests were happy with that and all the discounts!
okay company
Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: sundays off.
Cons: backwards technologically
Good job to keep as an avenue to reach a desired goal. Not a job to keep for the longest term. The process within the company needs re-engineering atleast at store level as alot is wrong and I am surprised no one can see it yet.
Work day hours not set
Intake Checker/Receiver (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: never knew time you were off
Good pay ,daily work schedule unknown.Assist with shipping and receiving, unloading of truck, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing
A hobby and craft store with large selections of merchandise
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: lots of freight each week and sending back every two weeks the boxes that the freight came in
Cons: short hours, hard to plan anything
Freight trucks each week sometimes twice or three times a week, hours are short during the summer but during the holidays 40 plus hours available. Management is flexable, co-workers are nice and easy to get along, lot of time on your feet and meeting customers every day and seeing the customers return over and over.
interesting place to work
cashier - sales associate (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2015
I was hired before the store had opened, experiencing the opening of the store was quite interesting by learning how to set up the store and see its development. The management was very helpful and the customers and coworkers were very nice.
Fun Work place
Back Room/ Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Arvada, COFebruary 9, 2015
Overall very good places to work at. Except for walmart because of the overall atmosphere which was very unsettling and very unfriendly .

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos