Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work envoirnment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fun, energetic, encouraging
Cons: late nights
Typical day at work would be stocking merchandise in my department.
My co-workers were awesome.
Hardest part of the job was not getting all the merchandise out in my shift.
Most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers, getting all of the work done in my shift.
productive and fun work place
Loader (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaJuly 22, 2014
it was a very productive work place i enjoyed the job with being more productive to managemrnt by training new hires
Great place to work!
DEPARTMENT MANAGER/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 22, 2014
The Management team and employees are great. Loved the employee discount. Fun atmosphere and product. You always get Sunday off. They really seem to care about people.
Worked with nice people
Cashier (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 22, 2014
Even though this was a seasonal job, I enjoyed my time there. All the employees were nice and helpful.
Decent Manual Labor
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, lots of hours, many areas of learning
Cons: poor management, slow pace
Stocking isn't a problem as long as you have good coworkers to assist you. The maintenance of organization is a bit messy, cleaning is simple but hard to reach areas full of dust. The manager I worked with lead a group of people on saying they would definitely get hired working as hard as they were and they were all let go. The pay and hours aren't – more... bad. The store music is very sleep-inducing, plus the work pace can get very slow and down right snoozy. – less
Nice working conditions
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A typical day was 12 hours of welding and fork lift driving, co workers were great to work with, management was always punctual.
Fun place to work
Department Manager/ Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: benefits
I loved going to work everyday. It was a beautiful atmosphere and my coworkers were a great group. I traveled many times for this company building and opening new stores. I did many resets and am very familiar with schamatics and merchandising.
Hobby Lobby is the place for an assortment of hobbies and leisure learning activities.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: christian-based enviroment, large selections of crafts and great team workers.
Cons: higher management interference
My employment at Hobby Lobby, provided me with a chance to learn every department in the store and the different ways to understand the customers needs. This position strengthened my customer service skills and helped me to see things from the customer's viewpoint.
one of the best jobs i have ever had
Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2014
Pros: salary
long hours, good hard work, strict rules but I would go back if given the oppurtunity
Customer service, cleaning, sales associate (Former Employee), Mason, OHJuly 13, 2014
If you are crafty, you will like working here. Good people, clean environment and an overall nice place to work!
This company was by far the best company I have worked for so far.
Department manager of fabrics (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great work ethics
Cons: not enough help
The management and customers were the best. A normal day would be to take care of stock and customers. Order stock or put away when truck came in. Always back up cashiers, and help other departments when needed.
productive work place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2014
a fast work place
I learned a lot working there
the management was great
A nice place to work
Department Head (Former Employee), NCJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed all that I learned and the people are wonderful there.
Nice Place To Work
Fabric Cutter (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: schedule flexibilty
I am a seventh day adventist which means I go to church on Saturday. The seventh day adventist believe that sabbath starts from friday sunset to saturday at sunset. When i was hired I told all of the managers that and I gave them the hours that I could work on friday. So the first time i checked the schedule I found out that the manager had put me down – more... as closing on friday night and this same problem happened each friday. I was very flexible and I told the managers that i would either come in on my day off or work longer on the days that I was scheduled to work. That did not change anything because each friday i had this problem. So i asked my pastor to write a letter for me explaining why I could not work on friday evening. Even after i gave them that letter nothing changed so, a week before christmas I was called into the managers office and they told me that "because of low payroll" myself and other new employees were to be let go. Now I had only been working there for a month. But I think they let me go is because of that letter. I recently went in to Hobby Lobby and the people that were hired after me are still working there. While I was shopping I saw the manager who let me go. I said hi to him but when he saw me he started walking in the other direction. He was the only one who was rude to me the other managers and team members all said hi to me. Hobby Lobby was a fun place to work at. While I worked there, I was a fabric cutter. I enjoyed working there. The team members are very friendly and very helpful. – less
Good Pay, Bad Managment
DEPARTMENT HEAD/ SENIOR REFUND CASHIER (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 5, 2014
Pros: great pay and good insurance, christmas bonus
Cons: long days, and lots of drama
Registers can be daunting. Everything is rang up by hand, no bar codes. Refunds were easy and customer were for the most part nice and enjoyable. Christmas time was strenuous but that's retail. Co-workers were enjoyable for the most part although some were shown favoritism. Management was lacking.
run from this company they act like a cult.scary
manager (Former Employee), jacksonville,flJuly 2, 2014
Pros: off sunday
Cons: cult
low pay no benefits good for part-time just do not tell them your a non- believer!
Great
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: pay, sundays off
Cons: fast pace, short breaks
Theres always a problem here and there with retail but it was still enjoyable.
A lot of work but they pay enough for you to bear with it
Love every sunday off
A good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Hobby Lobby - Bettendorf IAJune 28, 2014
Get along well with co-workers and everyone works together.
Excellent Job
Cashier (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: great employee discount, every sunday off
Cons: limited staff
Great work environment. Having every sunday off is a great advantage for working for this company.
Management unrelaiable
Cashier/ stocker (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2014
Poor management
No help given when having trouble
Did like having every other Saturday off

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

At Hobby Lobby, we know the value of exceptional people. More importantly, we want to find the right people to integrate into – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos