Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting Environment
Home Accents Department Head (Former Employee), Howell, NJApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work included merchandising, ordering, and cleaning. I learned to push myself harder than I ever have physically. Management was amazing and I couldn't have asked for better coworkers. The most challenging part of the job was the heavy lifting. I most enjoyed the fact that I got to be creative with merchandise.
great Pay/ No Work / Life Balance
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Nacogdoches,TX, And Lufkin,TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Misleading Philosophies
Was mislead on Work /Life Balance. Average working Hours consisted of 60 to 90 Hours per week. Requested time off denied during the months from October- February of each year,therefore, not allowing any holiday time with family.
a good place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee), tampa flApril 28, 2015
I have lean to work hard to make goals set by the manage for weekly sale. I like working with customer help them find fun thing for they pools. team work is the key to make a business grow.
Productive and fun work place
Head Framer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 27, 2015
-Great evirorment
-Outstanding staff
-Wonderful company with Christian values
-Tought me all about superior customer service
Warehouse Inventory Control (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: only have part time, not enough to live on
Good working conditions
Great People, Manager is a wonderful person and boss.
Wish I could work here Full time and get benefits
Part Time
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmond, OKApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good Company
Cons: NA
I worked at Hobby Lobby while in high school. I was given ample opportunity to advance and trained sufficiently on areas I was not knowledgeable in.
Good place to get your feet wet.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), USAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Off on Sundays
Cons: No room for advancement/ Lack of advancement for women.
The job is not hard if you can follow directions. It is completely a micro management environment so you don't have to think only produce which can kill your drive. Job is repetitious and not enjoyable for me but someone else may find the lack of a challenge enjoyable. If the manager builds a great team then you won't have any problems. We focus on customer service and merchandising for the most part. Not a bad place to work just not very challenging or any room for advancement if your not "like" by upper management. Someone just starting out in management would like this place but not something a driven person would enjoy unless your burnt out in retail and you looking to retire soon.
Working on my feet all day happy to help customers.
Framer (Former Employee), Mason City, IAApril 22, 2015
Pros: excellent employees/co-workers
Cons: none
Working a non-typical work schedule, working full time hours, sometimes double shifts when needed. Unloaded company truck every Monday, unloaded/emptied boxed and stocked shelves. Worked with customers on a daily basis by taking custom orders and helping them find the perfect product they are looking for. I was a cashier when called upon and worked in multiple areas when needed. I took the custom framing order, floor framing order and part of the assistant managers order (Home Accents).
I learned a lot from working at Hobby Lobby, before working there I had a fear of talking to people, but it didnt take me long to gain confidence in myself and to speak up and help people with what they need.
I love working with my co-workers! They were always there when needed, if I needed assistance or just simple advice about a product.
There wasn't much of a hard part of the job, we did have to have certain items/ shelves stocked the right way, or when something was moved to a different part of the store we would have to have it done by a deadline. I love working towards goals!
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers. I loved it when a customer I helped before would come back to the store and ask for me personally, also when the customer was really pleased with my work/customer service and they would let the manager know, makes my job even more enjoyable knowing they were impressed and pleased with my work.
Wonderful customers. Do not get schedule for the next week's work until Thursday or Friday. Part-time employees must work all holidays store is open
Cashier (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsApril 22, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: schedule
Wonderful customers here. Hours are cut drastically many times through the year when the store is not busy, especially for part-time employees. The next week's schedule is not put out until Wednesday or Thursday, and is not consistent. This makes it difficult the plan other things. Also, part-time employees are scheduled for all holidays that the store is open, as full-time employees typically get those off as paid holidays.
productive and fast paced, was always busy
Cashier (Former Employee), kennewick, waApril 21, 2015
Pros: they gave their employes holiday bonuses
a typical day at work was to cashier, interact with customers. sometimes I never left my cash area because of how busy it was but when it wasn't so busy, I would do go backs. I would also have an assigned a department to clean at the end of the night.
Enjoyable job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2015
Pros: the customers were delightful.
Cons: company was not employee friendly or supportive.
I would answer the phones and give customers information on their orders. We would discuss options to their crafting ideas as well as track order progress.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service, Cashier, Front -End Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: The pay and the environment
Cons: No 15 minute breaks
The environment of the whole store was wonderful from the customers to the co workers that I was able to get to know. Helping the customers find what they want or what find something at a cheaper price always made my day and the day go by faster. We are given 30 minute lunches but still no 15 minute break, that is one of the cons of the store. In all I did enjoy my time working with Hobby Lobby.
Great Company
Crew Member (Former Employee), Billings, MTApril 17, 2015
I loved the sort of costumers we would get in the store. The local management was great with managing a store, but lacked in people skills. My co-workers were friendly and knew how to do their jobs. The owner of the store is a kind man and is doing very well in running the Hobby Lobby company. I loved the pay there and the flexible hours, they worked around my college schedule for a semester before I left. It was great working there!
Great place to work !
Cashier (Current Employee), oklahoma,okApril 16, 2015
This job is fairly easy, they work with your schedule rather that being school, or personal issues. Overall a great place to work.
Assembly Line/Factory
Inventory/Dock/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: Hot in the summer. Cold in the winter.
Very much an assembly line type of work. Some days were good, some were bad. Not the type of work I really wanted, but everyone has to start somewhere. Liked most of the people I worked with, but things really changed between the time I first worked here and the last.
fun and enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Upland, CAApril 15, 2015
loved being around the great hospitality and everyone worked as a team to accomplish any task, the managers were a bit tough but none the less they did a very great job managing the place to its grand opening.
Fun place to work, but was disappointed with management decisions
Store Team Member (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 15, 2015
I started with the company during the setup of a new store. While the setup process was a fun experience, I was HEAVILY disappointed that I was never consulted on department preferences and how my experience would help in that department. We were never informed on what to work on during our "try out" period with the setup process, especially considering that work would decide our future with the company. I was placed in a department that never had the potential to have a department lead and despite my numerous attempts to express my desire to be a lead and how I would be perfect for the role, the manager ignored my every request and very inconsiderately overlooked a lot of very hardworking individuals. A lot of the people I worked with were strung along and eventually were forced to leave because of how poorly planned and informed the entire process was. Overall, it was just very disappointing.
freindly place to work
Custom Framer/cashier (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Christian faith based company
Cons: will not give fair part time hours
I enjoy working with the public and helping people. Hobby Lobby pays fair wages however will not give part timers at least 20 hours per week. Besides that they are a peaceful place to work retail.
Good workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Lunch 45 min and rest breaks 15 min
Cons: Work hours for part-time employee.
I enjoy working for a company that cares about their workers. My co-workers are a great group to work with. Also I enjoy assisting customers with their selections.
Creative and Productive company
Office Mgr./Art & Hobbies Dept. Mgr./Custom Framer (Current Employee), Hanover, PAApril 12, 2015
I have worked for Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. for 7 years and love the high standards of the company. The "customer" oriented company takes in consideration the wants and needs of their customers and employees. I have been very pleased with the company and the way the CEO and other higher management personnel really care about who works for them. That is very important and rare in today's world. Their creative approach and business sense contributes to their success and productivity. They are an excellent company to work for.

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Salaries

$10.00 per hour

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos

Hobby Lobby
Right in front of Hobby Lobby
One of my regular's son is a huge UT fan.