Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Amazing environment to work in.
Framer (Current Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: family orriented.
Cons: long lines
My most enjoyable part at work would have to be making my customers smile after I hand them their project after it has been completed.
Great Team At Store Level
General Manager (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 12, 2015
I Would not recommend company for Management Prospects...............................
A great company to work for.
sales associate (Former Employee), Paris, KYJanuary 11, 2015
Hobby Lobby hired me on a seasonal basis, according to my availability; Nov. 2014 to Jan. 2015. I also worked at Hobby Lobby from 2004 to 2007. A typical day, included display and pricing of merchandise, recovery of store, customer service, cashier, assisting in all areas of store. I have had good management and co-worker experience with this company. I really enjoy the products and helping the customer find what they need.
It could go either way.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: sundays always closed
Cons: manual entry registers, the music
I began my work at Hobby Lobby in my hometown, I was successful there, treated well by my co workers and management and I was happy. I was good at my job, enough so that they had me train a few new hires.
Unfortunately the college I wanted to attend was far away from home, and I had to transfer to a Hobby Lobby closer to school when I moved. I had worked at my hometown Hobby Lobby for about a year or more when I transferred, yet I was still treated like a new hire at the new store (I had been there longer than my customer service manager.) This store was lax on rules I was used to following, it was messy, and the management was terrible. I ended up finding a new job after a few months, because I just couldn't stand the morale or lack there of. The end of my work experience there tainted my view of the company unfortunately. If I shop at Hobby Lobby, I do it when I visit my hometown.
Pleased with the experiences I've had with this employer. Great opportunities for advancement and excellent compensation.
Custom Framing Associate (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: i am able to use mathematics, problem-solving, and be meticulous.
Cons: challenges are limited.
As a custom framing associate, my day includes reviewing orders that are to be done within the next work day. Each order includes an order sheet with detailed instructions on what the customer has requested and specifications on how to complete them. Updates within the custom framing stock must be completed promptly on Tuesday and Friday's. Maintenance for the tools and machinery within the shop must also be completed on Tuesday. These necessary tasks help ensure that the upkeep and quality of the frame shop and its tools remain in peak performing condition.

As a custom framing associate, I am also required to assist customers and document new orders. When a customer decides to place an order, I am required to accurately record its dimensions, access its current condition, and decide on which method of framing would be suitable for this particular artwork.
Great art store and frame shop.
Picture Framer (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 9, 2015
Great place to work. Nice people, and made many friends there, in a creative job picture framing.
Well organized store
Department Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Big store with a great selection of merchandise, well displayed and kept. The only thing I would add to this store is a better way to check out. We did not had a scanner to check out our merchandise.
Wonderful work place
Floral Department Manager (Former Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was responsible for the ordering and stocking of my department.
Great Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 5, 2015
The only bad thing I can say about working here is that you pick up way more hobbies than you start with. Great environment to work especially for students!
Fun Place To Work
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: took breaks with possible
Cons: not knowing when it's quitting time
Load And Unloading Trucks,Stocking Shelves,Traveled To Other Stores To Do The Same And Setting Up New Stores 2 Weeks At A Time.
Recieved some new Ideas for Crafting.
Floral/Fabric (Current Employee), Rome, Ga.December 31, 2014
Pros: closed on sundays, closed on some holidays, christmas bonus
Cons: short lunches, no holiday pay, no insurance, no vacation.
Zone products and clean, Order Products in Floral, Make Bows & Cut Customers Fabric.
good people to work for
Order Selector/ conveyor line maintance (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2014
good pay and pretty easy work good managers train well hours of work were ok start early
Good environment
Assistant Framing Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 31, 2014
Good environment to work. Worked with customers to enhance their artwork with custom framing.
Good work experience
Sales associate / bookkeeper (Current Employee), Flowood, MSDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: long hours
Working at hobby lobby I was able to learn a lot about retail and what it takes to keep a store up and running. From stocking the shelves to ordering and making sure everything is priced, and working as a team with other associates.
The most experience I was able to obtain was learning about the books and the behind the scene look at the paperwork and reporting of documents and daily reports.
buisy store always productive
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: working so hard you are sweating
go into work get assigned a department to work in, learned more about merchandising product. Management was also buisy working right along with employees. Co workers worked hard and constant not taking breaks or lunch so work can get done. The hardest part of the job is meeting the time frame to accomplish task. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing customer service.
Busy and demanding retail. Lots of overhead lifting of heavy mirrors and framed artwork.
Dept. Mgr. Home Decor (Former Employee), Richmond, KYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: provides insurance, chrisitan music plays throughout store.
Cons: schedule subject to change daily, no home/ work balance, not enough help.
A typical day at work was very demanding. Full time employees are responsible for cashier work as well as their assigned duties as a department head. Not enough time to complete tasks efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the music which played throughout the store. It was uplifting and spiritual.
Great people
Fabric Dept. Lead (Former Employee), Kennewick, WADecember 26, 2014
nice place to work if you are full time. Part time employees don't get the benefits but work just as hard.
Great Christian store with benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 26, 2014
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: tedious work with sweeping and mopping
Management is fair. Job is fast paced most of the time and room to move up in the company is available. The people you work with are great also. We work as a team if you have time you help your fellow worker and they help you. Hardest part of the job is truck day. You just unload a semi trailer of boxes and set out items in the store.
Setting up Store for Grand Opening
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 23, 2014
Setting up Store. Unloading Cargo truck. Set shelves with merchandise. Breakdown merchandise. Set up displays. Assist management with multiple tasks. Learned how to display shelves for retail.
Great place
Stockman (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: no sundays
Cons: retail
Like working at Hobby Lobby.

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos