Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Overall, not a bad place to work.
Order Puller (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: will not work with school schedule
Great pay, insurance is about average priced as any bigger business. The work isn't too hard but it is a lot of walking.
Store Management
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 10, 2014
Pros: interesting products
Cons: unrealistic expectations of store employees
If you are prepared to give your entire life to a job then this might be the job for you. Work 6 am to 10 pm a couple of times a week and work 6 day weeks most of the time. Intense physical labor, No social life and an environment where crying over being chewed out by upper management is considered normal.
Great place
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Longview, TXAugust 9, 2014
When I get there start working in my department which is sesonal, love working with my co-workers, and my management. Working at a fast pace job and everyone there.
Hobby Lobby
cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2014
Cons: everything
the Hobby Lobby way was never giving you help. No one knew what they were doing, if you asked questions to the manager's or long time staff you would get this " its the hobby way of not knowing anything!" it was a job that had more negative then positive and it ran you done. signs in the building was to confuse the shoppers so it was always cheating – more... the people. if things was broken they would charge full price, no military discounts, no senior citizen discounts. the hours was from 5:30a to Done and that would be 12a or 1a the next morning. – less
Poor managment, Poor Training
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: poor training
This job was okay, until I got a write up for something I was not trained on. This was my first job, and I feel like they did not treat it as so, the overall experience was horrible.
Able to maintain clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area
Cashier (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 7, 2014
the job was a good job. i met alot of good people, the hardes part was the holiday busy season.
Relaxed Enrinment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Warner Robons, GAAugust 6, 2014
Great work schedule and hours, Enjoyable task and opperations
Color theory, problem solving, creative enviornment
Framer (Current Employee), Southlake, TXAugust 5, 2014
A work day started with a morning checklist of machine maintenance and turning the shop into production and beginning the day. Typically a single framer would open for the day and began to cut matting and assembling framing projects. As the day progressed consumers would come requiring design assistants with their framing projects ranging from basic – more... readymade/custom frames and matting to the challenging shadowbox with multiple layers of matting, frames dimensional pieces; jersey's, pocket watches, baseball bats, guns, and much more. The day would continue some times with a mid-shift frame helping taking orders and the assembly process. Some days the foot traffic could get wild so a cool head was a necessity to make the day go smoothly. At the end of the day another maintenance check and thorough cleaning of the frame shop to get ready for the next day of business.
Through my years working with the company the design skills came naturally to me, but my comfort with consumers did not. There was a lot of self growth, I gained confidence in my communication skills with the general public while discussing their design options. As well as working with a team of framers that would not only be working on their orders but possibly an order or two that was taken by me and in return I would assemble an order they had taken.
Of the three locations of Hobby Lobby that I had worked in they all had something in common with uniquely creative framers working in the shops. Many were highly driven to produce that best possible product for our customers.
As great was it was to work with those creative framers sometimes we fell short with backup help. At the start of our employment in the framing department all framers and management must go though a certification process. Many times management avoided this certification and as well as the frame shop. There was also a requirement of other employees who are able to pass the certification process to be crossed trained to provide backup, breaks, lunches, and even in cases of illness to cover the framing counter so the shop would not be closed during business hours. So with the lack of a crossed trained employees many times a framer would be left alone for most of their shift unable to be productive in the assembly, helping customers, taking a 15 minute break, and even lunches on some occasions.
At the end of the day the satisfaction that a customer loved to finished artwork no matter what the piece that makes my day. I love the challenge of design playing with color, texture, and thinking outside the box. Framing artwork is design work at a mini scale that will fit within a personal space. – less
Very Productive
Department Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: decent lunch breaks
Cons: horrible pay, work weekends, very long days
The hardest part was working 10-12 hour shifts almost everyday and having to be on your feet all day. Some of the co-workers were not very pleasant to work with but it's your job to get along with everyone as best you can.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Department Manager (Current Employee), Missouri City, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: nice environment, raise every year
Cons: with the raise comes cuts in hours
VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK. EVERYONE IS LIKE FAMILY. MANAGEMENT TRIES TO WORK WITH YOU ON SCHEDULES WHEN IT COMES TO SCHOOL AND FAMILY. I LEARNED TO EXCEPT CHANGE NO MATTER WHAT IT IS. THERE REALLY ISNT A HARD PART OF THE JOB BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THERE TO HELP. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS COMING TO WORK.
Fun work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Everett, WAJuly 29, 2014
It is a great place to work, I definitely learned a lot from working here about customer service.
Associate (Current Employee), Louisville, COJuly 27, 2014
I've worked for the company for 6 years as a supplemental income while going to school. It's an OK company to work for.
Productive and fun work envoirnment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fun, energetic, encouraging
Cons: late nights
Typical day at work would be stocking merchandise in my department.
My co-workers were awesome.
Hardest part of the job was not getting all the merchandise out in my shift.
Most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers, getting all of the work done in my shift.
productive and fun work place
Loader (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaJuly 22, 2014
it was a very productive work place i enjoyed the job with being more productive to managemrnt by training new hires
Great place to work!
DEPARTMENT MANAGER/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 22, 2014
The Management team and employees are great. Loved the employee discount. Fun atmosphere and product. You always get Sunday off. They really seem to care about people.
Worked with nice people
Cashier (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 22, 2014
Even though this was a seasonal job, I enjoyed my time there. All the employees were nice and helpful.
Decent Manual Labor
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Zephyrhills, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, lots of hours, many areas of learning
Cons: poor management, slow pace
Stocking isn't a problem as long as you have good coworkers to assist you. The maintenance of organization is a bit messy, cleaning is simple but hard to reach areas full of dust. The manager I worked with lead a group of people on saying they would definitely get hired working as hard as they were and they were all let go. The pay and hours aren't – more... bad. The store music is very sleep-inducing, plus the work pace can get very slow and down right snoozy. – less
Nice working conditions
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A typical day was 12 hours of welding and fork lift driving, co workers were great to work with, management was always punctual.
Fun place to work
Department Manager/ Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: benefits
I loved going to work everyday. It was a beautiful atmosphere and my coworkers were a great group. I traveled many times for this company building and opening new stores. I did many resets and am very familiar with schamatics and merchandising.
Hobby Lobby is the place for an assortment of hobbies and leisure learning activities.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: christian-based enviroment, large selections of crafts and great team workers.
Cons: higher management interference
My employment at Hobby Lobby, provided me with a chance to learn every department in the store and the different ways to understand the customers needs. This position strengthened my customer service skills and helped me to see things from the customer's viewpoint.

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

At Hobby Lobby, we know the value of exceptional people. More importantly, we want to find the right people to integrate into – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos