Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Employees work hard because they care about the customer.
Fabric (Current Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: customers and co-workers, 15% discount
Cons: managment is rude, condensending and at times mean. few hours to work.
Worse management.
Co-workers are willing to help you out
No training, boss gets upset because you didn't do the job right.
I have learned that there is a company that runs ineffiently and thinks that is great. (No bar codes, no scanner to price item,)
I do enjoy working with people and helping them with their projects.
Looking for a great hobby then you need to come to Hobby Lobby
Cashier/Stocker - Part-time (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2014
Hobby Lobby has something for every hobby enthusiast with 13 departments and great staff.
Good family atmosphere
Cahier (Current Employee), EvansvilleFebruary 12, 2014
fast paced job with good results with customers, large sums of money to work with and very customer focused
Productive and very enjoyable job. great management!
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee), Perrysburg, OHFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great employees and friends. good benifits if you get can a full time position
Cons: no full time openings, poor communication at times.
Hours varied, I worked with some great people, even management was easy to get along with and worked side by side with hourly employees.

I learned quickly I might add how to do all refunds and exchanges
cash registar was easily and completely learned within a few days of training.

I worked longer hours (retail) for the holidays. but I worked along – more... side with some great employees. Best part of the job was the employees that I worked with.

The hardest part was not getting many hours in the slow season. – less
Not Too Bad
Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible breaks
Cons: weather changing climate indoors
It's not that bad of a job. But if you're working in the summertime, the whole warehouse can make you sweat before you even clock in.
Profession atmosphere and great team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay and sundays off.
Cons: changes in schedule and lack of hours.
Typical day at work there is always something to do. What I have learned is that company is becoming overtaken by management that only cares about dollars and cents instead of the workforce and customers. Great CEO, but he would be disappointed in the direction that this company is starting to take. Management is suppose to have schedules out by Friday, – more... but sometimes it does not come out until late Saturday night when morning crew has gone home for the weekend. "Check for changes" is always written on the schedule because they are constantly changing it as the week progresses. – less
Get ready to work
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Panama City, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: associates want to succeed and will try very hard to help each other
Cons: information on standards is not well documented, have not received benefits packet since hired, long work weeks typically 72 hours
Great job for hourly associates. Day goes by quickly. For salary, it is a lot long days with typical 6 day a week schedule.
Week to week
Department Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 10, 2014
The work here is repetitious every week. One day during the week a truck comes with the freight for the store which you are required to unload and sort. The day continues with sorting the freight for your particular department and processing it to the floor. Another day is set aside for ordering product for your department. The rest of the week is designated – more... to maintaining the store and reworking the department to company standards all while still maintaining a level of customer service. The hardest part of the job is time constraints, while the most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere with the other co-workers. – less
Good place to work but not managed well
In-Checker (Current Employee), Center, OKFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: no loyalty from company to you
There are a lot of good people and it is a lot of fun but the decisions from upper management are strange and have no sense
Cleaning and maintenance
warehouse (Current Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: co-workers
I clean the bathrooms and warehouse. Unpack boxes, maintain the warehouse. I help costumers with big carry-outs. I put up and stock shelves.
Every day we were reminded that we could lose our jobs at a moments notice
Cashier (Former Employee), FrontFebruary 5, 2014
Cons: 15 min lunch breaks
Very poor management, poor location. other than that it was a pretty good job. just in a town that does not have enough people to constitute a hobby lobby in the area.
Great pay for the work involved
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: 10 min break and 30 lunch, great pay for part time
Cons: not enough hours, difficult to advance
They start you off at 9.50 an hour and all you have to do is load and unload truck, work product to the shelves, and set up displays. full time is hard to get because they recieve so much pay, they dont want to leave. its hard to advance unless you know people.
One screw up and you get canned.
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), okc, okFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: rush rush rush
My first screw up getting a ticket and i got fired. No priors at that company. Busted my butt to make on time deliveries and that was the thanks i got when i got wrongfully accused of speeding. The officer went for me when there was a grey ford pu that blew past me.
Helped customers, completed tasks that was expected of me, back up cashier
Associate (Current Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: most of the people i enjoyed working with
Cons: won't work with school schedules
Go to my supervisor and ask what my daily task was for that day, stock the shelves on truck day, I learned to better my customer service skills, I was a back up cashier.
Young people, very tense
Cashier,Clerk & Merchandise (Former Employee), Winter Springs, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Must always be on guard,Big Brother always watching.
Never know when you will be let go
MY OVERALL REVIEW ON HOBBY LOBBY
cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 29, 2014
THE PLACE WAS VERY CHRISTIAN LIKE ENVIRONMENT. I WOULD GO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS AND WOULD GET A GOOD COMPLIMENT THAT I DID A VERY EXCELLENT JOB. THERE WERE SO MANY AREAS THAT WAS IN THE BUILDING. MY CO-WORKERS WOULD HAVE A PARTY THAT WAS HELD IN THE BREAKROOM.
Nice work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), winchester va 22601January 28, 2014
Pros: closed sundays and flexabile, good start out pay
Cons: no advancement, no insurance, no hours
It was a great store when I first started. Hours were great for part time and we were closed on Sundays. The owners are great and managers are trained to make sure the employees are happy and spend time with their families. Well, my manager resigned out of no where and is the 4th manager in 3 years to do so. There is no advancement and right now I have – more... 7 hours on the schedule. If you are not full time you might be lucky to have 13. This is why my resume is posted on indeed. But I love the store. We sell awesome products and customer satisfaction is our main focus. We all work well together and it's like family. But I have to eat too and live and 7 hours I cant live off off. Im looking to keep it part time still. – less
Productive work place
Customer Service and Inventory Control (Former Employee), Rosevielle CAJanuary 26, 2014
This place of work was one of my favorite places to work because it was challenging and pushed me to grow as a employee I loved it
Most organized store I have ever worked for!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: perfectly clean, organized store and staff
A typical day at work would always start off stressful but by the end of the day, I realize how much I really enjoy working at Hobby Lobby. My co-workers here at Hobby Lobby were the nicest and most generous people I have ever met. The hardest part of the job was the constant work in the stock room around Christmas time. The most enjoyable part of this – more... job was seeing the smiles on the customers faces. I was soon promoted to Returns and directly dealing with customers. – less
Good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Houma, LAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: longer lunch break
Cons: short breaks
I love working with people, learning more,get alone with everybody ,do what my manager tells me what to do. I have been working for about 39 years and feel like I can't stop now, because I love working with the public.

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

At Hobby Lobby, we know the value of exceptional people. More importantly, we want to find the right people to integrate into – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos