Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilson, NCApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: not many hours
Very fast paced environment, with great employees. Great management but was very closely supervised and harshly punished. Overall great job.
Best retail store to work at
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Germantown, TNApril 9, 2015
Hobby Lobby is a good retail store to work at. It has a family-like environment and the job is interesting. If you enjoy working with people Hobby Lobby is probably a place you would like.
Not a place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Some customers
Cons: Managers, co-managers, and District Managers
This is the worst company to work for. They are only for themselves! No teamwork effort. I can't speak on all Hobby Lobby, but I can say the one I work for, not a good place to work. This is suppose to be a Christian Company, but the managers that work there are total squares! ONLY if DAVID GREENE knew how his stores was ran, he would be livid!
Stern work environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 8, 2015
There was zero sympathy for a death that had occurred and in fact the event was used in a negative way. For a Christian company, the language the management and supervisors used was appalling.
Great Environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 7, 2015
Going to work every day was always a pleasure. The job was not too demanding and the employees were great. The stocking and cashiering was very simple to learn and the instruction and training given to me was very adequate.
Good work invironment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 7, 2015
Right out of High School I was introduced to the retail industry. I started here as a back stock receiving and unloading merchandise organizing it by department to be picked up by department lead and put out. Within a few months I was assigned my own department. I was in charge of keeping up with the changing holidays restocking and relaying every isle each time new merchandise arrived for a new season or holiday. I then was put as a back-up cashier being called to check out customers when needed. Later I found myself not only keeping up with my own department, but helping all other departments as well. I really enjoyed the busy work, after every day I felt accomplished.
Awesome place to work
Store Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Heath, OHApril 6, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: 1/2 hour lunches, no benefits for part time
I love my job at Hobby Lobby. I just need benefits which are not available to part-time employees. On Mondays its order day, Wednesday is truck day. Clean and customer service is a top priority which it should be in retail. I enjoy the fact that we are closed on Sundays.
Learned a lot
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort CollinsApril 3, 2015
Pros: Discount
I learned a lot from working at Hobby Lobby. I learned patience and how to work with people you did not necessarily get along with. Management was not the best, that is one of the reasons I quit. The hardest part was the customers, they were not pleasant most of the time. The most enjoyable part was getting to know some of the nicer customers, learning different departments and what certain craft supplies are for.
Nice place, a lot more work than you think.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Abilene, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: Pay, regular operating hours, interesting specialty store
Cons: More physically and seasonally demanding than expected
Starting compensation is good but being retail, your hours can suffer during slow seasons. I did enjoy the people I worked with although there was a lot more climbing of ladders than I prefer. Truck days were also pretty heavy work days but usually days when you can pick up a few extra hours. Having decent hours of operation and being closed on Sundays was a bonus. Our supervisors were professional and courteous but could be demanding during peak seasons.
Great Work Enviroment
Certified Custom Framer (Current Employee), Winston-salem, NCApril 2, 2015
Wonderful work environment.
Great Management and staff.
Schedule is every Sunday off.
Good family values.
Large ever changing inventory.
Customers love the new location.
Fun place to work
CSM - Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Hemet, CAApril 2, 2015
Need something with more hours. I do enjoy working with the customers. It's a fun store to work. Hobby Lobby has amazing products.
Great people and products
Full Time Department Head (Current Employee), Arvada, COApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great products
Cons: Not a living wage
The most enjoyable part of working at Hobby Lobby is the coworkers. There are some great people here. For a creative person, teaching customers about the products we sell is fun as well. The hours can be difficult, and retail around Christmas is always challenging.
fast paced and fun
Hobbies Department Head (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2015
A good place to work, so long as you know what you are doing. Also it is a good place if you really like having a project everyday.
The Pensacola Hobby Lobby
Associate (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Very good wage.
Cons: Work environment, management, company values
A word of advice for potential applicants. This company, and especially the zone where this District Manager supervises, treats it's employees like cattle. If you want to work in an enviroment where absolutely nothing you do is ever good enough please apply. This store is filthy, molded, and the ceiling leaks. Management is distant and cold. This job is hard and the environment is perpetual stress. The management will always remind you how much money you make and believe me they get every penny out of you. BEWARE!!
I beg you, please look elsewhere....
great place to work
Frame Shop Manager (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 27, 2015
Pros: hourly wage, closed Sundays
Cons: support (sometimes)
great people, fun job, great pay, loved working with the customers, framing was a nice way to work, co-workers were nice
Productive with a Christian based atmosphere.
Cashier (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working with the public. Since I've worked at Hobby Lobby I am learning new how each department puts our product on the shelves and to condence product down to a smaller area.
I enjoy working with the team because everyone is hard working and works well with each other.
Retail and hard work
Art Framer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Pay rate and Sundays off
Cons: Holidays and inventory is exhausting
Base pay is excellent and offers lots of learning about retail. Depending what store you work at, can be extremely busy or rather slow. Must multi-task and go beyond your job description. Problem solving is a must with customers and customer service is demanding. Learning a new skills is great.
Fast paced job environment.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great medical benefits, great pay, always guaranteed Sunday and Christmas off.
Cons: not guaranteed 40 hours, inconsistent work schedule, work almost every Saturday and holiday, plus several evenings
Working at Hobby Lobby has taught me several valuable skills, such as strong customer service and office management skills. I have learned to be much more confident when helping and serving customers. I have also been exposed to many customer personality types, and therefore have gained an insight on how to handle certain customers in a delicate manner. Expectations of individual employees are high and leave no room for slacking or fun. Unfortunately, team-work is practically does not exist here, in fact the majority of the time management frowns upon helping a fellow employee. Sadly this current position leaves no room for growth, management, or better career opportunities.
lot's of room for quick growth
District Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: reward for hard workers.
Cons: not a 40 hr week/short break
start with customer service and ends with customer service, you learn that the customer is always right no matter what. My co-workers are like family we have pot lucks and meetings to better our store operations. the hardest part of the job is to get the district to all be on the same page but the best part of the job is that we all get along.
Company has good code culture,compensation is great; however a need for continue growth in job work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albany GaMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good compensation/benefits
Cons: job security
Planning and Organization
Maturity
Rational Thought Process
Communication Skill
Reaction to Pressure
Aggressive and Enthusiasm

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Salaries

$10.00 per hour

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos

Hobby Lobby
Right in front of Hobby Lobby
One of my regular's son is a huge UT fan.