Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Work day hours not set
Intake Checker/Receiver (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: never knew time you were off
Good pay ,daily work schedule unknown.Assist with shipping and receiving, unloading of truck, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing
A hobby and craft store with large selections of merchandise
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: lots of freight each week and sending back every two weeks the boxes that the freight came in
Cons: short hours, hard to plan anything
Freight trucks each week sometimes twice or three times a week, hours are short during the summer but during the holidays 40 plus hours available. Management is flexable, co-workers are nice and easy to get along, lot of time on your feet and meeting customers every day and seeing the customers return over and over.
interesting place to work
cashier - sales associate (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2015
I was hired before the store had opened, experiencing the opening of the store was quite interesting by learning how to set up the store and see its development. The management was very helpful and the customers and coworkers were very nice.
Fun Work place
Back Room/ Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Arvada, COFebruary 9, 2015
Overall very good places to work at. Except for walmart because of the overall atmosphere which was very unsettling and very unfriendly .
very hard work
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i would rather be busy so i enjoyed working there
Cons: only worked me on truck day plus one more day
Merchandisers unload trucks,separate the merchandise into departments, then stock shelves, so you had better be able to lift 50lbs and walk all day.
Labor Pains
Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with this company. I learned many new things about machinery that i didn't know before. The supervisors were super nice. The hard labor was difficult, but worth it in the end.
A job where everyday is a different experience.
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lots of breaks and flexibility to take them, friendly employees.
Cons: not many hours except around holidays, hard physical labor.
Well I was a maintenance worker at this job so literally everyday was different, but most days I built furniture in the back room and put it one the shelves where they belonged. I learned how to operate a baler, but that was about it. The management their was bad, and that's being nice. They set up impossible expectations of you that no human being could ever finish on time, and then they get onto you when you can't. My co-workers were just alright, not bad, not good, just normal people. The toughest part of this job was for sure when I had to carry 24 feet tall Christmas trees all by myself out to customers cars. While the most enjoyable part was keeping to myself and just building furniture in the back while talking to the other maintenance workers.
Enjoyable at times
Frame shop (Former Employee), Panama City, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Customer is not always right... but after they see that that frame would not stay on the wall and bring the picture frame back in to have the glass replaced I will happily assist them and still show them the kindness and attention of a customer that accepts and appreciates my advice.
A decent place to work with decent ethics
Cashier (Former Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: store manager, clean environment, mostly friendly staff
Cons: csm is a badger
First of all, The Store Manager is AMAZING. This gentleman (as he can only be described) truly cares for his staff and their lives. Upon my official date I was greeted by all but one member of the staff with enthusiasm. I only gave a 3 star overall, job security due to I was seasonal part-time, and management (due to the CSM). The CSM at this store is cranky (at best) all of the time, and if she doesn't like you from the beginning, your life will be made more than difficult just because she doesn't like you. To this day I can walk into the store (as a customer) and she immediately has an issue. I can honestly say I would have loved every instant if it were not for her. My particularly favorite stunt she loved to pull is asking me to put away the returns, then seconds later (5-10 at most) call me over the intercom for a code 1 (with two others at the register and maybe two customers at each, the maximum limit is three customers per line). If I didn't show up within an equal amount of time she would begin criticizing about how I needed to be quicker going to the front. It never failed to go this way every single time she sent me to return an item. Additionally, she is condescending and behaves unprofessionally in general. I honestly have so many more instances she would be two-faced and down right evil when the SM was not looking, but you would have to grab a bite and a drink just to read it all. All in all, the company itself is truly wonderful, the SM knows what he is doing and it shows in his work that he cares, the varying other managers are decent and work hard at everything they do; each of those individuals is friendly and kind, the store is kept in excellent condition, the general staff is friendly, but the CSM is lacking in every way. Even customers in my line would complain about her, but there was nothing I could do seeing as she is the one who is the CSM and would have to do something about it.
awesome place to work for an they will work around your schedule
Stocker/Unloader (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good base starting pay, off on sundays.
Cons: can be stressful at times, especially when truck comes in
has good management. The employees are friendly an a nice work environment. Hardest thing to do is processing goods that your not use to doing. Most enjoyable think about working there is meeting new people an they always have something to do an no standing around.
Loved working with art
Framer (Former Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 3, 2015
I helped customers find the perfect way to display their beloved art. I would assemble frames and cut custom mats. I learned how to measure accurately and how to cut glass. I learned great customer service. Management was hard-working and coworkers were friendly and competent. The hardest part of the job was the changing work hours. The most enjoyable part was working with unique artwork.
Productive fun place to work
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: 15% employ discount
A typical day at work was zoning, helping customers, stocking and moving merchandise.
I learned how retail works and enjoyed my experience with the company.
My manager was a fun manager who taught what you needed to know and kept the atmosphere light.
The coworkers were very helpful when I needed assistance.
The hardest part of my job was when the season ended and I was let go.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customers satisfaction when I was able to assist them.
Awesome workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount
I love love love working at hobby lobby. Its such a peaceful workplace, and the management is amazing. I wish that every workplace was like hobby lobby.
Great Christian Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: 15% discount on top of all the sales
Cons: too few hours
This was a great place to work. All of the employees were inviting and sweet. Management was fair and reasonable. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I usually only got about 25 hours and that just wasn't enough for me to live off of.
It's all about how much you fake, not what you do
Store Manager (Former Employee), Taylors, SCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great customers.
Cons: upper managment
Upstate SC is not about work ethic, service, results, or Christian principles. It is about who you know, how much butt you kiss, and how many secrets you can keep on whose breaking the rules, both morally and company-based.
Stress-free workplace, independent employees, polite employee demeanor
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), 9717 East 71st Street, Tulsa, OK 74133January 29, 2015
Worked in the seasonal department, stocked items, directed customers to their desired merchandise, answered any questions customers may have had, cleaned and organized the seasonal department. Learned to be an independent worker. Management was fair and courteous, really cared about their employees. Coworkers were polite and helpful with any questions regarding work assignments. Hardest part of the job was learning where everything in other departments was and directing customers to the right aisle. Most enjoyable part was the stress-free environment, keeping my department organized, and customer service.
Poor management
associate (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: they do not care about family
Long hours and poor management. Everything is done three or four times to get the same end result. Store is poorly managed.
Urggg
Cashier (Former Employee), Stow, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: management sucked and were sexest
Cleaning and always being watched, Nothing, Managment was nothing but far away from being amazing and the bigwig being a sexest and was just gross, co-workings were great but some were just all about drama and just sad, the hardest part was waking up and getting ready to go in for nothing, most enjoyable would have to be a discount.
Relaxed, informative, productive, and comfortable workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: salary increases, employees rewards, bonuses
Cons: rearranging and replacing of products, ladder climbing
Relaxed, productive, and comfortable workplace. The hardest part of the job was arranging and replacing of the retail merchandise, which I learned to do somewhat accurately. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding out different ways the customers used some of the merchandise.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Hobby Lobby gave me the opportunity to learn a new field of work. I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos