Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

very productive
Reciever (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2015
Daily job task include in-checking items coming in for shipping docks across the world. Also tagging these items so the company pullers can have the correct amount of supplies as they work. I also worked a night shift for a few months that instructed me to completely back stock items in a timely fashion that weren’t used from the day shift. I also drove the forklift and EPJ (electric pallet jack).
Greatest retail experience
Stockman/Seasonal recovery (Former Employee), Rome, GAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Pay, co-workers, benefits
Cons: lack of hours, short breaks, management communication
Great job, great benefits but lacks hours in work week. Management is up to par but lacks in cultural diversity. Overall a good job
creative and activities
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, mdMarch 17, 2015
Pros: 30 min pay break
Cons: key punch in the registers
The costumers and the people i worked with were very nice , always had nice things to say and talk about. I loved the vibes i got from the compay. I learned sewing techniques and other special activities. The hardest part about the job was having to key punch in all the items to ring customers up on the register.
pros: friendly coworkers, good management cons:short lunches unfriendlly customers no benefits for part time workers
Customer Service/Stockman (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMarch 14, 2015
Typical day at work, stocking aisles, opening boxes, preparing for the next season.
What I learned is I want to go back.
Management is good
coworkers are good and friendly
Hardest part is collecting boxes
The most enjoyable part is everything else!
Hobby Lobby
Seasonal Department Manager (Former Employee), Pearland, TxMarch 12, 2015
A typical day is checking shelves to place merchandise needed on shelf. Its not a hard job but if the store manager is a jerk then the job is horrible. Most of the co-workers are down to earth and friendly same with customers.
Great environment; enjoy the people
ART AND CREATIVE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 12, 2015
Pros: beautiful work environment
Cons: not really a con, but work can be intense and very face-paced
My department was full of great people, very hardworking that produced excellent product. The environment is open, friendly and a great place to work.
I love working for Hobby Lobby
Department Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 11, 2015
I love my job, my co workers, and my bosses! I enjoy coming to work daily. I enjoy my daily duties and assisting the customers that need help.
It was a job
Stockman (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work was stocking shelves. Also running a register when asked and doing multiple other miscellaneous tasks.
Productive learning experience
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2015
A very good part-time job for someone in school. They are very flexible with scheduling and no work on sundays. Co-workers care about one another and are happy to help. Management can be overbearing at times but build you to be a person that pays attention to detail and organize your things.
Good Company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2015
Its a Christian based store which means its closed on Sundays and all major holidays. I enjoy working with my co-workers and there is a lot of teamwork involved. This job does give to a since of responsibility by being a department head. In my opinion, there a little advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Also, management is good but of course it all depends on whose doing the management. In all, I have gained some experience and its a good company to work for.
Very Pleasant
ORDER PULLER-SORTER (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaMarch 5, 2015
I was early for work. Started off as an order vpuller then went to sorting after that went to packing. I knew all the stations so Icould float to were they needed me ther most. It was just a temp job. I finished my assignment.
Although there can be a bit of down time, for the most part we are always busy with something which helps the workday go quicker.
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Casper, WYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: closed on sundays
Cons: we don't have scanning at registers
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work and I feel much of that is due to the owner, David Green. I read his book, "More than a Hobby", and it gave me insight on how things are done, why they are done in that manner and all seems to be dealt with, putting God and family first....can't go wrong that way! He pays attention to his employees, knowing that they have to be kept happy and feel they have some control. This in return, brings forth a better attitude and a desire to work hard for the company.
Rather disappointed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ashland, KYMarch 3, 2015
Cons: lack of training
The company fails to live up to its Christian background. The lack of support from the leaders is vey disappointing. The lack of training for all levels promotes a culture of employees not fully understanding their jobs
It is a very warm and friendly place. A little bit of poor management.
Retail Associate/cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NeMarch 3, 2015
I personally like Hobby Lobby. I loved my co workers and the environment. Customers were very friendly and sweet. I don't quite agree with how management handled things at times. Other than that it's a great place to work.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: hard to learn the departements and what products go where.
Maintaining the store by stocking shelves and recovering misplaced items. The management was very nice and worked with me when my Mom became sick.
I enjoyed my co-workers as they were friendly and helpful to other co-workers as well as to customers.
The hardest part of the job was learning which departments products were located. When you first start working there, there is no lay out plan or labeling of the isles.
The most enjoyable part of working at Hobby Lobby is the atmosphere of the co-workers.
Great pay and variety of work to be done
Cashier/Office Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work. Closed on Sundays for religious perspective. Great pay. Variety of things to do each day. Variety of people to work with. Learn new things every day.
Great Place to work
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: rigid attendance policy
A typical day of work consists of counting inventory using scales or by hand to ensure the numbers match the computer data. I also floated between data processing and mail departments helping out whenever fellow employees were absent. I assisted in dropping off store orders, running multiple print machines, sorting and packaging mail. My coworkers were all respectable hardworking individuals. Same for management. The most enjoyable part of the job was it never got boring, and the shift was perfect for my lifestyle.
Productivity is key
Associate (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Typically I entered work and looked at what was high priority. After completing those orders, I moved on to the next priority.

I have learned how to work with my hands and get past my fear of power tools. My co-workers are great and I hope to continue getting to know them.
Fun Place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Green Bay, WisconsinFebruary 26, 2015
The staff there are great to work with. They work hard and are super friendly. The management does decent with requested days off.
lots of work great company
Manager (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: closed on sundays
Cons: not enough payroll
it is really hard work but it was always different. gained lot of experience with high volume retail stores. the basic mission statement is exactly how the company is run.

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Salaries

$10.00 per hour

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos

Hobby Lobby
Right in front of Hobby Lobby
One of my regular's son is a huge UT fan.