Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, fun, takes care of employees
Cons: it gets really hot in the summer
I loved working at Hobby Lobby. Management listened to employees and were willing to train in many positions.
Productive and occasionally hard but relatively nice
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Lewis Center, OHApril 25, 2014
Loved the people I worked with but I know some people went to other stores and had bad experiences. I learned quite a bit about customer service and retail. The management was nice and helpful with scheduling since I am in college. I'm only part time so I really don't have many benefits, which is a downfall.
Work/Life Balance is very poor
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee), OHIOApril 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: terrible work/home life balance
As a Co-Manager, you are on your feet 50+ hours a week but the days are so full that the time flies. The teams as this company are typically great with everyone willing to pitch in. Upper management, on the other hand, promotes home life but does not stand behind their actions. They pay well because they feel at the rate of pay given, they can expect – more... you to drop everything in order to be at their beckon and call. – less
Challenging and fun place to work.
CUSTOM FRAMER (Current Employee), Anderson, SCApril 24, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: some morning and some evening hours.
I enjoy working at Hobby Lobby. My usual day consists of taking custom frame orders, picture assembly, helping customers and assisting the manager in various store activities. I have learned how to "sell" items. This is the main focus of the custom frame aspect. My responsibility is to introduce the customer to designs that they haven't considered and – more... convince them that it is a good choice to purchase them. Their is a lot of strategy involved when helping customers and completing the goal of daily priorities. My co-workers are probable the most respectful and professional people in retail in comparison to other stores shop. The hardest part of the job is meeting the demands of the custom frame due dates. This take co-operation and planning to complete these objectives. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and talking with customers. – less
it was a fun environment and produtive work place.
Stocker (Former Employee), Danville, ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no benefits
The daily work was awesome working with customers and stocking shelves. I leaned how to deal with angry customers.Management was good. the co-workers worked and did not just walk around all night. Dealing with angry customers. Putting all the displays together.
Nice quiet work place, but can become very slow after Christmas and hours go down
Framer (Current Employee), Tomball, TXApril 23, 2014
Hobby Lobby overall is a great place to work but not if you depend on income being constant. During the holidays hours go way up! But after hours go down which means smaller checks.
A great place to work very productive customers were great!
Cashier (Former Employee), Boardman, OHApril 23, 2014
Pros: good pay/great co-workers and bosses and company
I learned to run their cash registers. I waited on customers and taking back their returns. I went above and beyond to help a customer. I enjoyed helping them with their items. I worked in some different departments. I enjoyed my co-workers and bosses.
I learned alot! I enjoy being productive and busy.
Their were times customers would come in unhappy. – more... No matter what was going on in their lives or purchases. I tried my hardest to turn their day around and 99% of the time, I succeeded to help make their day happier. My bosses were happy and myself and co-workers to. I believe in working as a team together. I enjoyed my job alot. Helping the customer and doing a great job for the company as for their employee and myself and towards my co-workers and my bosses. – less
Can be very fun... but never always
Frames Assembler (Former Employee), Midwest City, OklahomaApril 22, 2014
Pros: pay, lower staff
Cons: upper staff, poor systems
If the uppers didn't always bear down on everyone in the worst way i.e firing an entire frameshop in one day, or making all the female employees cry, it would be a great place to work. You can move to full time after a while and make a lot more, and as far as retail goes, it is very even paced and fairly straight forward.

The lack of electronic-based – more... inventories compromises an even flow. There are no Item #s so get ready to count every thread of string.

Most importantly, every manager outside of frameshop leads are sexist and will talk down like no other. – less
Loved the fast pace of order picking.
Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma city OklahomaApril 22, 2014
Pros: loved the fast pace
Cons: warehouse was hot in summer
Pulled orders for 107 stores to be sent out everyday. Pulled above and beyond expected goals
Enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYApril 21, 2014
Pros: employee discount, closed sundays, co-workers
Cons: different expectations between management personnel
I enjoyed being a cashier at Hobby Lobby. The departments and sales were a lot to memorize every week, but I liked the mind exercise.
The co-workers were super friendly at this location. I liked that management kept things professional.
Loved having Sundays off to spend with my family.
GreatCollege Job
Custom Framing Department Head (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
Really nice place to work while attending school. Pay was good and the field was very interesting.
Run, don't fall for there ways
Co Manager (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 15, 2014
Pros: sundays off
Cons: no work life balance
The worst experience I have ever had in retail. You get Sundays off and that is it. Kiss your family goodbye. I worked from. 7am till 10 pm or later 6 days a week. I suffered a divorce because of this company and I was a Co manager. Look on Glassdoor and read the reviews. They abuse management terribly! Don't do it! You will regret it!

Past Co-manager
productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Temple, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: breaks, awarding and closed on sundays
Cons: healthcare
customer service always. management i learned to do daily work logs, train new hires, and manage cash draw. met alot of nice people.
great an polite people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 13, 2014
I would step in the store an have a great attitude an smile on my face . also have a Idea how my day will go ..all ways had a great day working for Hobby Lobby ..district manger was polite and the assistant manger was also polite an you never could ask to many question ..loved working there!!
Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 10, 2014
My experience managing invoices, collaborating with vendors to resolve differences, performing audits, completing reconciliation reports and supporting remote locations allows you to add an experience professional to your team – one who will be productive at once. Created customer invoices. Worked with customers and Corporate on collection to maintain – more... a current AR aging schedule. Banking: deposited checks, prepared bank statement.
Processed daily receipts ensured prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts; including all lockbox, ACH and credit card payments. – less
new experience
Cashier (Current Employee), Norco, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: seasonal job
I am usually the first and last contact with a customer the management team is helpful and the co-workers are good team players the hardest part of the job is when I get a very rude or impatient customer but I have gotten through it
Nope
Inventory Control-Auditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 5, 2014
This place is filled with the worst kind of people. Bible thumping hypocrits. I'd never go back. I warn anyone thinking about working there.
GREAT PLACE TO START OUT AT
MECHANIC HELPER (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2014
VERY GOOD PLACE TO GET SOME EXPERIENCES FOR BEGINNER MECHANICS TRYING TO GET IN THE DIESEL FIELD.
A Job Enviorment Worth Being In
Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: part-time hours
As a cashier at Hobby Lobby, I have fun doing my part in helping my company. I've learned to multitask, take interest in other people and go above and beyond. My supervisor and coworkers are really nice and everyone cares for each other. A hard work day would most-likely be Saturday as Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays. And the pay is decent.
Fun place to work
Customer Service-Sales (Former Employee), Wilson, NCApril 2, 2014
Pros: good people, ok money, friendly environment
Cons: lack of pay for the work u was doing and lack of hours
Unload trucks of holiday supplies and school supplies throughout the year

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

At Hobby Lobby, we know the value of exceptional people. More importantly, we want to find the right people to integrate into – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos