Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

friendly people
cashier/returns (Former Employee), winchester vaAugust 26, 2015
All people and managers were very friendly and easy going. They made the enviement nice to work in. I made lots of friends while working there.
THE VERY WORSE PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED!!!
Co Manager (Former Employee), Beckley, WVAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Barely took breaks or lunches
As a Co Manager- all you will ever do is seasonal stock. I had inadequate training. My previous management experience is what got me through the 6 weeks that I tolerated that job!! I got up and went to work and worked 10-14 hour days, came home and went to bed. I did this 5-6 days a week and when I was off I slept. I never saw my family! The manager that was suppose to train me was unprofessional and inexperienced and had no idea how to use the Co-manager's training book to teach me my Co-manager duties and responsibilities on a daily basis. All she ever had me doing was stock. I was learning nothing about being a store manager for Hobby Lobby! The District Manager was arrogant and incompetent. The whole experience was completely ridiculous. That place is an absolute nightmare to me!!!!!
Like the job. Like the fact that the store is always changing sets
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARAugust 26, 2015
Hobby Lobby is a good company to work for. I have enjoyed it. Retail can be very stressful but I believe it is handled well throughout the store and its employees. They pay well and are just basically a good company to work for.
Somewhat nice place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNAugust 25, 2015
Working there could be very difficult at time. Upper management was really hard to deal with in the last years of employment.
Stores vs Corp Headquarters
Department Manager (Current Employee), variousAugust 25, 2015
Pros: off almost all sundays
Cons: poor treatment from higher management
Although the atmosphere at the corporate headquarters may follow the principles of the Founders of Hobby Lobby, the atmospheres in the 6 different stores I have worked in is rather hostile.
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), floridaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, great coworkers
Cons: stressful at times
overall great experience, like not working sundays. Customers can be difficult like all retail jobs. Close working working relationships with co-workers.
Great Place to work
Forklift Operator, Order puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2015
Fun Work Place With Supportive Management Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, But this is expected of a big company.
Typical day at Hobby Lobby.
Cashier (Current Employee), Millville, NJAugust 24, 2015
My typical day would be a meeting with all my associates talking of the goals and expectations of the day. Than we work towards that goal while helping each other out as needed.
You will miss your family
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee), Bradley, ILAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Work-life balance leans towards work. Insane workloads
A well paying position. A well-staffed store should run pretty smooth. Heavy workloads and short deadlines adds a lot of pressure to management. Seasonal aisles (19 of them) don't have deadlines, so extra help is sent to departments with deadlines. Then when you fall behind in seasonal, upper management thinks you can't handle the workload.
Expect to close two nights a week. When you close, you open the store as well. Even though the other manager is there with you already. Those are normal weeks when you have an assistant manager. Remember, there are vacations to cover.
So take this well paying job and kiss your home life goodbye. It's a great job if you live alone or have a spouse that stays home. If you have kids, you will see them just before bedtime and on Sundays when you're recuperating from your exhausting week.
Stressful fast paced work environment with terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SDAugust 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks no good benefits
The Management is less than ideal. upon applying you are promised 15/hour pay however when hired they only give you part time and tell you that 15/hour is only for full time workers and part time only makes 10. employees are treated poorly and expected to do much more than what they are being paid for.
Excellent company to work for!
Custom Framer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great hours, Christmas bonus, positive work environment
Cons: Sometimes don't get 40 hours when business is slow
Hobby Lobby is a great company to work for and the Company looks out for its employees.
Hobby Lobby is a family friendly company that allows employees to work and still have a home life. Hobby Lobby works you hard, but it is enjoyable work that you are well compensated for in pay.
The hardest part of the job is truck day, where all freight has to be put out in one day. Yet, it's still fun to do because it is always fun to open new merchandise and get the store restocked and ready for another busy week.
I worked in the frame shop and that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good Christian Company
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), West MonroeAugust 18, 2015
This was a good Christian Company. The company has many wonderful people. The hours were fair and the pay was fair. It is always nice to get a bonus for Christmas.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 14, 2015
Would process the freight put up displays while helping customers find anything they needed. greeted many customers and help d many carry out when needed
Fun workplace with alot of people
Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2015
I got there in the mornings I would be assigned to an isle and I would pull the order from the tray
To be always on your feet and I had to work at a very fast pace
The managers were nice
Co-workers were awesome every morning we would have group meetings everybody got along
The heat being inside of a closed in warehouse
Being able to go in and being able to get the work done with a lot of hard working people
was a great place to work
Cashier/Stocking (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 11, 2015
worked with great people, learned how to make orders, made displays on a weekly basis, cashier, my management was friendly and helpful
Excellent Part Time Employment
Certified Art Framer (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Management leads by example; Excellent hourly wages for part time employees
Cons: Little chance to advance to full time status due to benefits and stand on birth control.
My experience was one which the leadership exemplified patience during the training period, and trust with the expectation of excellence afterward.
Good Company if you don't have a family
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2015
They say they are Christians but do not live by what they preach. Dishonest district managers who are only looking out for their own skin. When a project is due you have the same amount of time to finish it if you have 30 employees or 60 employees. Not allowed to use all your labor must save it up for some unknown reason.
Work life balance not what it used to be
Co-Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisAugust 7, 2015
Long hours for management. Not a lot of appreciation. CEO does honestly have Christian values and expectations for how the company should be run, but it isn't always seen on the local level.
Managers make the difference
Sales (Current Employee), Enid, OKAugust 5, 2015
Wonderful place to work if you are a worker. However, sometimes you get picked over regardless of whether you have been there longer than someone else or not and that could have to do with your attendance amongst other things. So I kind of understand
very friendly staff and loved the environment
cashier (Former Employee), baton rouge laAugust 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short lunch breaks
My typical day at work was very busy and i stayed on my feet the entire time until lunch. I learned a good bit of responsibilities working at Hobby Lobby and my managers kept me focused, knowing i was new at dealing with the grown up world now that i have graduated high school. i didn't real have a hard part of my job because i enjoyed my work responsibilities, but my favorite part of working and what i enjoyed the most was the customer service and being able to talk to multiple people and making new friends.
Headquarters