Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Hobby Lobby is an okay company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NYJuly 30, 2015
Iring people out at the register and keep the front end clean between customers. When needed I help put merchandise back from returns or when customers change their minds.
Productive and structured workplace with great values
Returns Associate (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Good starting pay, flexible hours, good environment
Arrive in enough time to put on my uniform, clock-in, and get my register ready for customers, then wait for customers to finish shopping and check out. Each week we would learn a new list of sale items and enter prices and discounts manually because the products have no bar codes. During closing time the departments would be assigned and organized/cleaned by specified employee for the next day.
I learned that I like working in retail better than fast food.
I developed a professional but comfortable relationship with my manager and was told that I will be missed when I moved away.
My co-workers – more... were very diverse. The department heads were older and had been there longer than the front cashiers, who were normally high school and college aged students that came and went seasonally.
The hardest part of the job was having to do the same thing the entire day. I stood on my feet at my register for eight hour shifts. I really like diversity and tasks that will keep my mind occupied and make me feel like I am accomplishing something.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact and strike up conversation with the many different customers that would come to my register each day. – less
Very fun workplace
Scrapbooking/Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Closed Sundays, great pay
Cons: Christmas hours, glitter
My day would consist of anything from being a cashier, to unloading of truck, pricing and stocking merchandise, placing orders for merchandise, taking inventory, keeping the areas around me clean. I learned if you allow people to talk, they will tell you what they need. All of my coworkers were very helpful, it was usually a happy environment. The hardest part of the job was Christmas, which lasted half the year, but the best part of the job was being a part of someone finding "the perfect gift", and enjoying their excitement. Also, it was great being closed on Sundays and being able to designate that as family time.
Great for Retail
Stockman (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2015
Its a great first Retail Experience. It was dually my first job and it was a great one to start with. I made some great memories and met some pretty nice people
Fun place to work
District Auditor/Sales Associate/CSM (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Got to travel around the district
Cons: Had to work weekends and holidays
I was an internal auditor and a department manager. I learned how to manage a small group of employees, multi-tasking a must and learned how to set a new store. A typical day may include unloading a freight truck and processing merchandise for the department or cleaning up department to management standards or even making room for seasonal merchandise if I was in the store. Since I was an internal auditor I was out of the store at least once a week for about six weeks. I would go to stores within my district and perform an audit on that store making sure assets were secured and that the store was in compliance with policies and procedures. The internal auditor position was definitely the most enjoyable part of my job.
fun place to work always about team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Harvey, LAJuly 26, 2015
i learned about different departments everyday
i learned about stocking shelves and setting the store
and also their way of working with checks
loved this job had a wonderful crew o work with.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: loved the people, learned a lot, go travel, pay, sick/vacaion days, benefits
I would open or close the store. During the week I would have to order and stock product, reset departments, unload trucks. I would do the year to date sales in the evenings. I would handle the customer returns/refunds. I would go to different stores and help set up for gran openings. I learned how to run a store with the daily operations and handle their money and calculate sales.
Not enough people to keep up with demand
Framer (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: wonderful customers
Cons: not enough employees
I would run myself into the ground trying to keep up with orders. I told the management we needed more people in the frame shoppe. so they gave us longer hours, and then it got ridiculous. Management told us to leave as soon as our shift was over even if we were in the middle of putting together an order. We would have to try and go to sleep at night dreading the next day because we didn't finish on time. I finally stopped trying to sell everyone a custom frames. Sells were still booming but the management was getting flustered. The pay was good and the hours were good. but there had to be a balance. I hated telling a customer an order was not ready; Because I was the one who took the order, I wanted to see how it looked finished as well. I bonded with a lot of my customers and they were always coming back to see me. They would bring in all of there big stuff like flags, posters, old medals, baby clothes, paintings, needle art, and finally some photos.
great direction and astomphere
Cashier and Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 21, 2015
the team set the tone for the building, but wasn't valued much by the store director. more the less was last minute with everything and the managers made him look good on his end
Good Christian Enviroment
Co Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 20, 2015
like the people I worked with nice knowledgeable associates. Long hours a lot of tasks to complete. highest volume in the store.
good pay but a lot of hours
puller (Former Employee), oklahomaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short brakes
not for everybody, you need to be there at 5 am, if they need help in a different area the will train you in a different job. very hot on summer and cold on winter .
great company
SUPERVISIOR/ DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJuly 20, 2015
i enjoyed my time at hobby lobby still friends with all of the coworkers from my time spent there management was great enjoyed working with customers and meeting their needs
Dept Head/Cashier
Department Head / Cashier (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and bonuses
Cons: Insurance Benefits were to expensive
I worked for this company for 8 years. Ordered on Monday, truck delivery on Wednesday. During the rest of the days of the week do returns and zone help customers plus cashier when needed.
Kind, Moves at own pace
wearhouse (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: If your behind but you dont have a dedicated station ... good luck
In my day of working i typically get started on something small or something someone else didn't do right. I would learn that my coworkers did not care about a lot of things.
No advancement.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Off Sundays
Cons: Poor management.
Made to wear too many hats. Wash windows and get called to ring up customer. Unload heavy merchandise from truck. Climb 15' ladders. Stock shelves and ring up customers simultaneously.
Very pleasant work environment with a lot of long time employees
Cashier/Customer Service Manager/Custom Framer (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Wonderful co-workers and management
Cons: Not enough full time positions/hours available
I have truly loved this job overall. The management team has been some of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of ever working for. My only complaint is that they have not had a full time position come available for me, and I need to have more hours, benefits and income at this time.
lots of busy work
stockman/cashier (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJuly 13, 2015
good job for a high school student, not so much for a career. Sundays off, but expect to work at least ten hours on truck day with one half-hour break
Great Company
Store Room Manager (Former Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSJuly 13, 2015
This was a great company and very professional people. There was a family atmosphere that was nice across the board. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Great place to work.
Cashier/Returns (Current Employee), Little Elm, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Closed on Sunday.
Cons: Cut your hours without notice.
Great place to work. Management and employees are great to work with. Being closed on Sunday is definately a plus. 30 minute lunches
N/A
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2015
I respect the companies values. and I can appreciate them being closed on sundays. this company has not giving me any trouble
Headquarters