Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

They are good to work for
Paper Craft Department Lead (Former Employee), Marion, OHMay 29, 2015
You get good training. They are friendly & most of the employees are easy to get along with. The management is easy to work with. You get Sundays off. I would recommend to people.
Excellent work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2015
Pleasant environment with excellent customer service from employees. The manager is very kind and passionate for his employees.
very busy place makes time go by fast
Order Puller (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2015
once you're working the time flies by. i've gained teamwork experience, all orders are pulled in each section of teams.
Productive work place
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 27, 2015
Typical work day is pleasant
awesome merchandise
great prices
energetic environment
Sundays are closed for religious reasons
Great place with Christian beliefs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), High Point, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Closed on Sundays
Cons: Poor health insurance.
I performed opening and closing procedures, supervision of associates, customer service, cash handling, maintenance of department and store, unload freight and stocked store with permanent items as well as specialty and seasonal items. We maintained plan-o-grams, performed resets, maintained correct pricing on items and ordered for departments on a weekly basis. I enjoyed this retail environment very much.
Great work environment
Stocker (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 26, 2015
Restocking merchandise throughout the isles and meeting customer satisfaction. If needed at cashier, time was shared to get customer needs taken care of. Prior to closing every night, helped clean and prepare for the following day.
Fun Job
customer service manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville GAMay 26, 2015
Cons: short breaks and no set schedule
A typical day at hobby lobby was to come into work go to the front and approve returns all day and put merchandise back on the shelves. I loved my co-workers and customers very fun place to be. The hardest part of the job for me was that it wasn't a set schedule and i had issues with babysitting and towards the end of my employment i got pregnant so getting on there on time was a battle being that i am a single mother.
Very religious company with less than awesome managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Every Sunday off, discounts off everything
Cons: Managers, work schedules, job security
When I worked at Hobby Lobby (I do not anymore), the managers I worked with were incredibly strict and followed a very long set of rules. The other employees are friendly, but sometimes the workplace felt like high school again. Gossip is big, there, as is religion.

I think the hardest part of the job was getting consistent hours; they were very sparse and I could not seem to get a set schedule in the few months I worked there.

Normally, they hire the seasonal part-timers and keep only a few on after the season is ended; they don't usually tell you that you're seasonal.
Productive and fun workplace
Stocking Associate (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Every day varies with ordering new products to merchandising products. There are days were we would also create new layouts for new products for the store. These happen on a almost a monthly bases.

Once you are familiar with the store management typically lets you do your own thing as long as you get your work done. Every co-worker is easy to work with because they all have there own unique skills that contribute to the company.

The hardest part of the job is truck day, when all the new shipment of products come into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is after you completed a new relay and see how great your work looks afterwards.
Very Friendly Work Environment
SERVICE WORKER - GOODWILL (Current Employee), Columbia SCMay 19, 2015
Pros: going in early to have the rest of the day to myself
Cons: I've been there longer than any of the workers there now and I havent been promoted, It doesnt feel good to be looked over
I love it there. Very welcoming work environment and very productive. I've learned more patience being there working with customers that can sometimes be a handful but the most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customer and seeing them leave with a smile on their face.
Cashier/Back-up cashier
Cashier/Warehouse/Fabric Cutter/Floral (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: Everyone was great to work with.
Cons: no cons worked there for 5 years
Worked with refunds/exchanges. Worked in home accents, where I would stock product, help customers find items in the store. Cleaned the department at closing. Also I worked throughout the store in other departments as well.
Loved the work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), State Bridge RD Duluth, GAMay 18, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Don't have anything to complain about, maybe more hours to work
I was a cashier and also worked in the Floral Department. My job was to keep the Floral Department organized, Do the ordering and putting the inventory away. There wasn't any hard part to the job. The enjoyable part was talking to customers about their crafting and interior decorating. I also help open up the store by stocking shelves and made sure the inventory went to the right place.
Exciting and fun work environment.
Custom Frame Maker (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 16, 2015
Pros: Learning to make custom frames and mats and being off on Sundays.
Cons: Nothing.
I enjoyed working for this company because I was able to use my hands making custom picture frames and mats for the customers. In doing this made the customers smile and I appreciate the happiest that the customers showed on their face when I gave them their portrait back that I personally made for them.
Fun place to work and meet new people.
Seasonal Temp (Former Employee), Pekin, ILMay 14, 2015
I always had fun when going into work, it was always something different each day. Fast paced and constantly moving. Management was nice, but when it came to when I needed to go to the hospital because my grandma was dying, they didn't care.
Great place to work if you are dependable, stable and don't mind hard work.
Order Puller (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great benetits and good pay.
Cons: You are make to work very hard. It's all about production.
I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. The work is relatively easy, but trying to make production everyday is a challenge, and in order to keep your job, you must make production. During the summer it can be like working in a oven.
Poor Leadership and false promises
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAMay 11, 2015
When you are first hired with the organization the recruiter informs you that they are always seeking Store Managers and since they only recruit from with in that the odds are even, however the organization tends to promote individuals based on personal preference and not merit.
Never a dull moment. Kept busy busy busy.
Customer Service Manager/Department Associate (Current Employee), Spring, TXMay 10, 2015
Being both a Customer Service Manager and in charge of a department, there is never a dull moment. When it's busy, it's really busy and so I learned to enjoy those precious five or, if I'm lucky, ten minutes of peace. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy having something to do the moment I walk into work. I enjoy being kept busy and responsible for whatever task my managers ask of me. I have the utmost respect for the management due to all the stuff they have to keep up with and maintain for the store to function. The co-workers at my location work pretty well with each other and they all know what their tasks are when they clock in. The hardest part of the job is having a task with a tight deadline and barely being able to reach it because of how crazy it can get.
Excellent organization and leadership
Store Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 10, 2015
Pros: Company's direction
Cons: Limited work schedule
Positive work environment and leadership's focus on the big picture. Sales and profits shared with people and public.
ok
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2015
this was my first jon and I didn't really like it because everyday I would have ice cream from my elbow to my head. great job when a teenage
staff is friendly and helpful
Seasonal Salesperson/ Custom Framer (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 9, 2015
enjoyable work environment,good customer relations,approachable management,learned something new everyday,since we helped out in various departments,hardest part of the job was the different schedule every week ,making customers happy was the best part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more