Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

the discounts is what gets you
Cashier (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXJune 29, 2015
As a cashier at hobby lobby it can be really fun. You work with a lot of great people and you get good hours and pay, however learning all the discounts and when everything is on sale can be easy but dealing with the upset customers (which you do everyday) can get frustrating. Overall amazing company to work for just be prepared for all the upset customers
Department Head (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, and some people
Cons: Christians not acting like Christians
Great place to have fun and get paid for it. Had a great time here but not one for hanging crosses upside down just to generate sales.
myexperiace
lead retail sales associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 27, 2015
management was not the best - but the overall experience was positive. the environment was fast paced. things got repetitive sometimes but that's just the nature of retail
Hard work but fun.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNJune 26, 2015
Pros: Pay is good for people who want to work part-time.
Cons: The "manual" registers slows the check-out process enormously.
The employees go out of their way to help when necessary. A portion of the management were very good and patient. The holiday seasons were hectic but that is a very good thing for a retail operation. The evening shift during Christmas, sometimes, must work more than two hours past store closing at 8pm. Of course the company pays for this but it is retail and if one has ever worked in that segment, it does not come as a surprise.
Not the place to work part time.
Frame Shop (Current Employee), Newnan, GAJune 23, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: no benefits
Part time associates are under appreciated with no benefits, the worst hours. It is not the associates but the management that make us feel this way
Great work environment, fun place to work
Customer Service Manager/Cashier (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 20, 2015
I really enjoy the busy and friendly atmosphere at Hobby Lobby. Everyone gets a long and the management it great at keeping everyone on task and at ease.
It's ok
Cashier (Former Employee), NCJune 17, 2015
store is too hot. work at least 4 hours before given a break. don't always get your scheduled break even when you ask. favorites is played. after store open they let a lot of cashiers go. the only ones kept were the young cute ones. suppose to be a Christian organization but they don't make sure the ones they hire are Christian and it shows. only good thing about the job is the friends I made.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Helping customers is the best part of the day. Making sure that they find what they need is very fulfilling. A typical day has me assisting customers and completing sales transactions.
wonderful company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salina, KSJune 16, 2015
I loved working for Hobby Lobby. They are a Christian company who value God and their families. I would recommend this job to anyone who asks. Retail isnt for everyone but this company is truly a diamond in the rough...
People I work with I can call family
Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 15, 2015
Overall a good experience with great pay and benefits. Christmas is a nightmare, but what retail store isn't during the holidays.
Interesting
Back Office Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 15, 2015
There is no typical day at Hobby Lobby. Routine job responsibilities are time limited so all information can be sent to corporate, so it is very fast paced. Management is helpful. It is easy to motivate my coworkers when work needed to get done. I enjoyed all the customer contact I had there and established long term customers there. Wish I was still there.
Fun fast pace environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJune 15, 2015
You start the day by getting the go backs from the register and putting them away while cleaning and straightening up your department and being a back up cashier when they call for you.
Loved working with the children on the cancer unit!
Environmental Services and Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
Hit the floor running! Worked lots of overtime, which I loved. Enjoyed co-worker will charting and the hardest part of my job seemed to be when I saw a Doctor give a patients family news about their children and their bedside manner wasn't to great. I enjoyed talking to those families and helping them to regroup and talked with them about the new the Doctor just gave them.
Great entry level job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 12, 2015
Pros: friendly work place
Cons: no benefits
Learned how to properly inventory and order products. Had a set schedule and a friendly working environment. Great first job for young adults.
Employees are expendable and easily replaceable
Home Accents Department Employee (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJune 10, 2015
What can I say, be careful of believing promises of advancement and employment status. This company has no problem giving employees false incentives to get the maximum amount of work out of them and then toss them to the curb when the work / goal is accomplished
Stressful
Stockman (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAJune 9, 2015
Cons: Indecisive managers, Christmas product starts in May, Poor communication, bad scheduling
Typical day at work included conflicting managers, rude and impatient customers, stocking for seasons too far in advance (Christmas starts in May for Hobby Lobby). Co-workers are great but the stress of the managers gets put onto us. Hardest part of the job is poor communication between the managers and to the rest of the staffing and the bad scheduling. Only enjoyable part about the job is the co-workers.
Good environment to learn the ins and outs of retail.
Department Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Paducah, KYJune 9, 2015
As the bookkeeper my day generally started by completing the daily cash and bookkeeping tasks. From that point I would be assigned to various others departments and tasks throughout the store until the end of my shift. Through working with Hobby Lobby I gained many new experiences and skills. Retail at Hobby Lobby I very different from any other retail store I have worked for. The company is very detail oriented and they are many little projects that make sure they keep this high level of quality.
awesome place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 4, 2015
hobby lobby is a great company, the company taught me how to work harder for what i want in life. working around the co-workers and management was a fun experience, the hardest part of the job was to let go to Pursue my career.
Great place to learn
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAJune 2, 2015
This was a good place to work. Both the customers and the staff were friendly. I enjoyed working on my management skills.
very busy retail store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 2, 2015
it was very busy and fast paced, the hardest days were truck days, were you were not aloud to leave until everything was done

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Salaries