Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,494 reviews matching the search
Different world
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2017
I feel it is best to be seen and NOT heard here. I am an experienced compliance specialist, but it I am shut down any time I demonstrate that. I am expected to "do as I am told" regardless of the fact that I have pointed out some non compliant issues.
Pros
On site (no charge) medical clinic
Cons
Management egos
Great Place to Work
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 26, 2017
This was my favorite part time job. The slower environment of the store is actually a plus in this situation, as it contributes to lower stress and more time to connect and chat with customers. The management truly made it feel like the staff was a family and genuinely seemed to care about me. With Hobby Lobby you get a great work/life balance because they close at 8 pm and are closed on Sundays. Additionally, you receive bonuses and pay raises even for being a cashier. The only downside to this job is that there is no scan system for ringing up products. It is all manual entry and could potentially lead to incorrect prices or quantities. This also caused delays if the price sticker was rubbed off the item.
Pros
Great work/life balance, community
Cons
Outdated check out system
Great Benefits, Great Company overall
Tier II Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2017
Only 1% phones as backup to Tier I, Campus-wide support. OSD/SCCM for the enterprise. Propriety and non-propriety hardware/software. Perfect company to start a career and grow.
Pros
Great Benefits, free health clinic, great hours.
Cons
No Gym
Productive at times
Department Head (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2017
Shift lengths varied, learned some valuable customer service skills. Management accountability and productivity varied. enjoyed coworkers, and helping
Pros
great people, able to work hard
Cons
short breaks, work load, varied shift lengths
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work, room for advancement. Management was great, very involved. Work culture and moral was very positive. The pay was very good to. Would recommend it to others to work there.
fun workplace limited advancement and growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 23, 2017
I love to interact with customers and showed initiative to learn all departments. My favorite was merchandising holiday themed displays for the different departments throughout the store
Pros
great discounts for employees
Cons
no room for growth or advancement
A good job but I hated it.
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 23, 2017
My time at Hobby Lobby was a mental torture everyday. This won’t be for everyone but it was for me. I went to christian private schools, however I am not religious, so I know all the main gospel songs by heart. Now Hobby Lobby has the same 20 songs on repeat at all times, and they are instrumentals to all the main gospel songs. So, all day everyday I had a stream of annoying lyrics bouncing through my head that I simply could not stop. That being said, the other employees are nice, Management is good and fair but demand a lot of meaningless work, customers are horrible though.
Pros
Pretty lenient on when breaks are to be taken, and other employees.
Cons
Music, customers, useless work that could be delegated better.
Didn't Like Working Here Too Much...
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2017
I love Hobby Lobby, and I thought it would be such a fun place to work. I didn't exactly HATE working there, but the management at my store was just kind of "meh"... they weren't very pleasant to be around, and it seemed like they were always rushing you around or just in a bad mood. Other than that, it was an OK place to work. However, I worked here at the same time as Chuck E. Cheese's, and sometimes they would mess up my schedule even though I would tell them the dates/times I could not work. A couple times I got yelled at for not being able to be there at a certain time, but I had told them previously that I wasn't able to because of my other job.
It was a satisfactory job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2017
I got along well with the people at Hobby Lobby. Did my job very well. The managers there pushed religion heavily on the staff. If you showed any sign that you disagreed, you were let go.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pushed religion too hard on the staff
Easy and Gratifying work
Fabric Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 21, 2017
I typically would assist customers with finding items they needed, as well as helping them think of ways to create what they had in their mind to complete projects they were working on. I also would help think of "out of box" solutions for issues they may have with redoing a piece of furniture or creating a project.
Pros
friendly co workers and customers
Cons
Not having a set schedule and a schedule that would change after it was put out.
Great place of work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 21, 2017
Loved the management and the evironment. Best experience ive had when working as a team. Everyone was respectful. Hardest part about the job would be condensing shelves of previous holiday items
Interesting Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILMarch 20, 2017
I am able to assist many people regarding their craft projects or school projects by helping them pick out the right materials. This is what makes the job fun.
Pros
No scanners for cashiers
Cons
Have to look up which products are on sale
Good Company, Hard Labor
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2017
Good productive company to work for. It can be hard labor, and exhausting. overall, they are give you weekends and holidays off. Their shifts are 5am-2p, you don't want to be late.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location is far
Well Organized envoirnment
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2017
Hot at times. Managers were helpful, friendly environment, good benefits and pay hard labor. Provided me with the right equipment to perform my job. Well organized.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
No Food places close by
Stockman
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 16, 2017
Great company. Good to their employee's. Benefits available for full or parttime positions. Closed on Sundays. Good relationships between employees.
Pros
Great at supporting and promoting their employee's
Cons
not many part time positions available
Not Your Regular Retailer
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 16, 2017
Company has great opportunities for employees, for example, sending employees to set up other store is fantastic. The employees get to meet and train new people. Regular workdays are filled with assisting customers and fellow employees getting the job done.
Pros
Sundays off, the store is closed!
Fun job
Seasonal Temp (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Management was great. Every day was different and fun.Unpacking the stock was fun. Management gave you a task to perform and didn't micromanage.
Cons
Some of the full time co-workers were rude.
Good job if you don't care about making money
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 15, 2017
Management was awful from the beginning. No one should go to work and get yelled at, ever! There is always a way to be diplomatic with your employees and these managers are clueless. I especially loved going to work knowing I was hired for full time but only given part time hours. They work you like a dog for 12 hours on order day and truck day and only give a 30 min meal break. You can take a 15 min break also but there's so much work to do you don't have time to take it.
Pros
Loved my co workers
Cons
Short breaks, no hours, horrible management
Alright job.
Reciever/Stocker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 14, 2017
Good job all in all room for advancement is okay good pay good 8 hour schedule only draw back is the management is not that great at all the production goals are not very good either.
A great high school or college student job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMarch 12, 2017
This is a great place to work with a lot of nice people, Pay is great and management is the best. No overtime and it does get pretty slow during the summer months but that's ok you will still be working a lot of hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.