Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,738 reviews matching the search
Great place to work with great pay for retail
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2017
Company politics aside, it is a great place to work and you wont find pay that good with most other retail jobs.
The fluctuating schedule that changes weekly makes it difficult at times if you have children or dr. appointments.
Hobby Lobby
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 22, 2017
I enjoyed working here, but there is no room to move up and they only promote managers from outside the store. However, they are flexible with their hours.
okay
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAJuly 21, 2017
sometimes work was not fairly shared among employees, the management had their favorites, some employees were allowed to do things that others were not allowed to do
Such a warming place
CUSTOM FRAMER & DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 20, 2017
The work environment is a great place and extremely welcoming, Hobby Lobby provides their employees great pay and benefits and are willing to work with schedules especially when it comes to college students
Productive and fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2017
Some days were relaxed and slow paced but during season hours the work was very fast paced and at times very stressful. The hardest part about my job would have been dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours standing
Favorite place to work!!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 19, 2017
This was my favorite job EVER. Days off, great pay and awesome place to work. Full time offers vacation days, 401k, AND health insurance! Part time is just as great though. Best perk is always having sunday off. and holidays!
Order puller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2017
I have learned how to be more of a team player but also how to be a good leader at the same time. .Good place to work. Good management and good employees everyone is very helpful and very nice. I highly recommend.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 18, 2017
a grate place to work while going to school or just looking for something part time. Low stress, flexible hours. Plenty of chance to move around and learn different departments.
Pros
room to grow and move
Cons
benefits are minimal
Very organized
Certified Framer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 18, 2017
Great people/good hearts/ many laughs/semiprofessional The management has to work on better communication skills. It puts a strain on workers in the long run.
Busy place to work especially during to Christmas Holidays
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 17, 2017
Typical day is full of shelf stocking and Customer Carry-outs.

I learned how to use Schematics.

Hardest part of the job was learning to to Schematics.

Management was very lacks.
temp to not hired!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
set up new store was crazy & exhausting working 9-10 hrs without notice, worked over 40 hrs but when time for store to open hours cut to maybe 20 per week, each week came in to find more employees were gone (laid off or quit due to low hours) that made everyone nervous and on edge. went thru insane Christmas season but in the end was one of the 30 or more people laid off due to slow sales. They promise high wages for retail but only full time and most employees only get part time
Pros
store discount
Cons
low hours
Great place to work, fun with minimum stress
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
Hobby Lobby was great I spent almost 6yrs there an got to learn every position except manager
Working for a Christianity based company was great
The morals were straight forward an fair
All employees had Sunday's off
Pros
Discounted items with flexible scheduling and free ranged customer serivce
Cons
Massive freight deliveries an tedious detail retail stock an perfection zoning
Nice place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2017
Job was not very challenging but it was what I needed at the time. It was fun getting to see all the new merchandise first! The most challenging thing is figuring out where everything goes.
Great
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 15, 2017
A really good customer service and retail store to work in. The staff is wonderful, pay is good. Made a lot of friends while working there, more as a family.
Cons
Less hours off season
Old and the New
Art/Hobbies Dept Head (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 15, 2017
that is the only way to describe it, they take modern technology (some) and keep old family values all together. the company itself is a perfect balanced machine when i was working there. You can't complain about the pay, benefits and the job itself. The only issue I really had with the company was the fact that I had to pretty much give up on my personal life which was an issue, almost like I was married to the company and it was a bit abusive. With what they pay you and all the benefits they give you it's to be expected, but i personally feel that sometimes it got excessive to the point where even my mental/bodily health did not matter. It made me the hard worker that I am today and I am thankful for it and it all opened up so many doors for me when it came to advancing in the company, so all of it was not in vain, work hard and get rewarded was the motto, and it worked well.
Pros
pay, benefits, advancement, work
Cons
overworking, scheduling, discount.
Work is fine, staff is not
Papercrafting (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 15, 2017
The job itself is fine; it is an upbeat retailing experience. However the employees and managers create a hostile environment in which questions cannot be asked without judgement.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Short breaks, difficult to be made full time
solid culture
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 14, 2017
I went to Hobby Lobby 2 years ago June. My goal was to work for a company that I felt had the same values as mine and room for advancement within the Oklahoma area. Hobby Lobby was my choice because their corporate office is located in the Oklahoma City area. However, I do feel that advancement opportunities do not become available often and I have a desire to do more with my skills than continue store side in one location or store. That said, Hobby Lobby is a great career path for everyone and I would and will promote the company to anyone seeking a new career.
Pros
operations of the store are not micro managed from upper levels
Cons
change is not at the same rate as the retail industry particularly the online shoppers
Colorful experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed coming in to work with the wonderful smells and glitter, along with the beautiful arts and crafts. I enjoyed interacting with customers as they shopped throughout the store.
Laborious
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed my work at Hobby Lobby, because my preference for work is to be physically active. I was able to meet people who were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Number of hours and pay were great!
Cons
Temporary assignment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2017
Worked 4 -5 hour shifts
Management very good
Workplace culture very desirable
Enjoyed the interaction with customer
I tried very hard to get along with everyone there. I had a Customer Service Manager with whom I could not communicate. That was very frustrating for me since I am a people person and I could not make that relationship work.
Pros
Interaction with customers
Cons
Attitude of CSM

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval