Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

No real career advancement and horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 22, 2017
Now I love my coworkers and I love my assistant managers. We are all family but the head manager half acts their job but demands perfection from every associate. Also when someone wants to do more the management will give you less hours and less responsibility. Also the company promotes this delusion that you can have a work life and a home life but the people at corporate wants all the associates to spend all their time at work.
Pros
great pay and coworkers
Cons
given too much work for no benefits to the point of burnout.
Closed Minded
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2017
I was interviewed my appearance was not a problem than after working there for two years i was pulled into my 7th HR meeting about my hair and makeup suggesting a certain lifestyle at that time I was engaged to my now Husband. I felt that they were more interested in who I was a person than the talent I had to offer of the work that i was doing. Its as if they were trying to shove me into a box I didn't fit into too.
Pros
Creativity and Benefits
Cons
Closed Minded and Stressful
crafty and creative environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 20, 2017
Fun work place fast paced. Family orientated. Can be stressful during holidays. They only provide benefits to full time employees. Very customer service orientated. Registers do not have scanners so patience is needed by customers.
Pros
sundays off, holiday bonus
Cons
limited benefits for part time, not much availability for full time
Excellent Job
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 20, 2017
It was a excellent place to work. Meet friendly customers daily. I like the job and also the pay was good. The managers was the best people in the world.
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTOctober 20, 2017
Working at Hobby Lobby was one of my most enjoyable jobs. Management was super supportive and willing to help in anyway possible. The environment was fun and gave us staff the opportunity to be creative and helpful. It was fun assisting customers with school or personal projects and guiding them through their creative thoughts.
Fun place to work at. Can be stressful during holidays
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 19, 2017
Work Place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 18, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work at plus you get Sundays off to. There are great people that work there so you will get along with them pretty good.
Very fun environment
Department Head, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LAOctober 17, 2017
As my first retail job working with customers is a very good entry level job for young people. You can progress quickly, I managed to make it to a department head in a year of working there.
Excellent company to work for. Corporate takes care of the employees with great hourly wages and great benefits. P
Seasonal Department Manager, Head Stockman. (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, AROctober 16, 2017
Overall a great company. Hourly wage is great, one of the best in the world of retail. They have a great benefits package for insurances as well as matching 401k and retirement plans. Downside is hard to go from part time to full time. And further advancements. And hectic Christmas season.
Pros
Great pay, benefits.
Cons
Christmas season is hectic, and hard for job advancement.
I love working there.
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJOctober 16, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about working there was the management at the time. They were unfair and honestly didn't care of the employees. I love the fact that I get to have Sunday's off. I have a small child and I love to spend time with him.
Okay short termer
Framer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
I worked there many years ago as a farmer.

I thought it was okay as a part-time job. They gave me one small pay raise in the 5 years I worked there. Some of the managers were real jerks! Hobby Lobby is an old antiquated company to work for. The typical day at work was boring. I had to deal with many angry customers. Gotta lot of cheap framing jobs, many people wanted award wining framing for very little money.

A man came in one evening with two old mats that were old and stuck together with a real weird looking opening. He wanted me to cut new openings in two thick mats stuck together with an exact-o knife. I was very polite to the gentleman and told him what he needed and the cost of the job. He got very angry with me. He said, this will cost you your job!

The next day Hobby Lobby fired me. I wasn't that upset. I felt somewhat relieved.
Pros
Clean stores, nice merchandise, okay part-time
Cons
low pay, not many breaks, not enough people to cover the load
enjoyable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job was when hours were cut and the store was left short staffed. Management was nice. The culture was not very Christian for a Christian owned company.
Amazing!
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 16, 2017
Such ana amzing place. The managers are constructive. The training is comprehensive. Ya we put out christmas a little early, but its fun! I would never want to leave my hobby lobby store. Its too wonderful.
Pros
Breaks and lunches respected, 15% discount added to anything!
Great balance of life and work
Assisitant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2017
Would recommend this company to anyone looking working in the Retail Industry. Great balance of life and work. Benefits are on pace with most Retail companies. This company provides a service in the craft world that has not been touched!
Taken advantage of, no hours, poor pay
Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 15, 2017
They promise full time but it never comes about, I tried for a year and a half and finally gave up, they lie. Weird place to work. Never the same schedule.
Pros
Clean place
Cons
No hours, poor pay, lied to
decent place to work
Cashier, Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 12, 2017
It was a decent place to work and a fun environment but once we got a terrible manager it all went down hill. Unfortunately the corporate managers were of no help and subsequently the majority of employees were either fired or forced to quit. With a good manager it's a good place to work, with a terrible one you're screwed.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a good place to work and has good people. They pay well and are understand about family issues that may come up. The Owners are good people as well.
easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 12, 2017
the management is great. They are easy going. The holidays can get pretty crazy since it is retail and they have amazing sales. I would recommend shopping there over working there
Busy, full customer service
Cashier and Fabric Department (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy crafting so it is a great job. It is a busy customer service job. I like the company as a whole. Typical retail job, but with the chance to learn new crafting skills.
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
lunch break is too short
Wasn't a bad company to work for but, management was horrilbe.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 11, 2017
I was treated unfairly. Management played favorites. I was picked on often and other employees would throw away my food and drinks when ever I brought any with me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.