Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,181 reviews matching the search
great co-workers
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLDecember 1, 2016
I typically worked on register and store set for seasonal and ordered candles for the candle department.
Hardest part was not having a set schedule.
The easiest part was getting to set up displays.
great company to work for. Family friendly
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 30, 2016
I would still be working there if we didn't have to move. Most of co-workers where great to work with. 98% of the customers where wonderful. when at the register, very busy and very fast pace. Since we got a new manager everything improved 100%. The hardest part is the holiday season. There is always something to learn
Pros
great pay
Cons
some co-workers need to mind there own business
Great Company to work for all around
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CANovember 30, 2016
This is a christian owned company so all employees have Sunday off to attend church or to spend time with family that is the Hobby Lobby way through out the company. The work is not hard. Hobby Lobby is committed to providing customers with the highest customer service possible. The only bad thing is as far as advanvement because there are only 10 full time positions available which is one department manager for every department. All other positons in the store are part time. The only way to advance to a full time position is for one of the full timers to quit or be fired. The 10 full timers are chosen during the store set up before the store even opens.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
advancement is hard
Great environment, Great people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IANovember 29, 2016
Its a great company to work for, they employ very good people that are easy to work with and enjoy their job. They give a good work/ life balance and have a good benefits package.
Over worked and underpaid
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXNovember 28, 2016
Not easy to advance. Hardest part of job was hours and unloading trucks. Project deadlines not appropriate for projects. Most enjoyable part of job was customer interaction. Hardest part was favoritism on managers part.
good part time job
Framer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 27, 2016
good co workers always ready to help you with any problems you might have it was a fun place to work during the holiday time stayed busy with the work load
Professional and productive work environment
Seasonal/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 23, 2016
Thus far, it has been a pleasant experience working there. More experienced employees are very willing to help you work through learning your new environment.
fun and easy place to work
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 22, 2016
Good place to work, good people to work with just management didnt know what they was doing most of the time. It was a fun job to have and a really easy job
Use to be good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 20, 2016
This could be a good company to work for with the right managment. I've worked for the company for quite awhile and I loved it when we had good managers. Currently the managment is terrible and the store manager treats his employees like slaves, treats them in a dimeaning and digrading way. Mostly all current employees are unhappy.They offer decent benefits for full time employees, the the medical insurance barely covers anything, but the vacation benefits are nice. I would reccommend working with Hobby Lobby just not the Santa Fe location.
Pros
Sundays off
Great Company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 19, 2016
Hobby Lobby is a wonderful company to work for. Overall they take care of their employees and care about the day to day lives of their workers.
The work is hard and demanding and the environment is face paced. The company relies on a solid foundation of teamwork and customer service to survive.
Management, as with most retail stores, can be very hit and miss. Some managers are wonderful, some are petty and play favorites. Unfortunately it is the way of the beast.
Pros
Great teams, never work Sundays, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, 15% off Employee Discount
Cons
Corporate doesn't make changes that benefit store function, managers often make up excuses for termination, breaks are not reliable.
Excellent Job!
FULL TIME FRAMER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
I love working at Hobby Lobby. I have excellent benefits, coworkers, provided time off and exceptional pay. My customers are regularly excited and energetic about our products and their capabilities, as well as seeing familiar, happy faces from the staff. Management is incredibly positive and helpful, and are understanding about school and other potential schedule conflicts.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Time Off
Wonderful but stressing place to work
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 14, 2016
The people were great to work with. The managers were very understanding of my hours, working around my rehearsal times. It could get very busy and stressful throughout a work day. As a cashier, we input every price and discount manually. Sometimes the discounts were automatic for seasonal items. My favorite part about my job was interacting with the customers,being able to share a little kindness. It was important to keep areas around the store neat and orderly. Overall I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
employee discount
Very great enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 13, 2016
I worked with Hobby Lobby for ruffly six months to a year. I unfortunately fractured my knee and was let go due to surgery and medical reasons; however, was hired a second time once i was back on my feet. I really enjoy the atmosphere at Hobby Lobby the people were very nice and I enjoyed working with them. The management was also always there to help the co-workers and customers. The store itself was very organized and everything and everyone had a job and a place.
Pros
Organized and pleasant customers.
Cons
Some managment was not very people orinted.
Attitudeds of CSM's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 13, 2016
Quit job at Michaels to work here. Loving new job!! Ended up quitting on fourth day Beaune of the CSM on that last day. I was only on register for 2nd day, still lots of questions. Hadn't worked with her yet. WAS extremely rude to me from the start of my shift. I actually started crying and walked off job. Upset most about quitting my other job. This is your store in Appleton, WI.
Pros
Most of employees great to work with
Cons
One terrible CSM
Productive & fast pace
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 12, 2016
It is an old fashioned work place that doesn't rely on technology of today to make sales. Sales are inputted by memory. Fast paced & engaging environment with excellent customer service.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
N/a
I worked cleaning and stocking.
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 11, 2016
It was a great company to work for but not enough full time position. And not enough hours for the people they had. And there wasn't enough work to keep us busy.
Pros
Not enough time for lunch!
Cons
Breaks where to close to the lunch.
A great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 11, 2016
Everyone is really nice and won't hesitate to help when in need. There's always something to do. Overall a really great place to work.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 10, 2016
This was my very first job and I loved it! The atmosphere was great and it was such a fun job! Everyday was something different and it was always exciting to be able to do different creative things.
Great commerodery with fellow drafters.
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2016
In the beginning the work was a pleasure to go to. Great teamwork, open door with the supervisor and manager.

When another person was promoted to overall supervisor it began to turn into a micromanagement work environment. Moral declined. Interaction among workmates was discouraged during working hours. Had to ask permission to leave desk.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 9, 2016
Working at Hobby Lobby was a poor experience. The management team did not equipt employees with the resources needed. I however loved all of my co-workers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management