Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,068 reviews matching the search
Productive?
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 22, 2016
The Hobby Lobby that I worked at was really just a big family and if you weren't part of that family then you just didn't fit in with everyone else. The management wasn't that great because she would gossip about employees to other employees.
Productive, fast paced work place
part- time cashier (Current Employee) –  NHJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced running around, resetting different departments into different ways. I enjoy helping customers to the best of my abilities and making sure the customers go home with a big smile on there face and want to enjoy coming back. I enjoy trying to come up with the ideas that the customers aren't really sure what they are looking for, I can be very good at this part of my job.
Well-Organized Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TX 75094July 21, 2016
There is always a schedule to follow of what work needs to be done and when it should be done by which helps keep the store organized. This schedule has helped me to learn to follow direction, learn quickly, and stay on task.
Loved working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 19, 2016
I loved my job there had great people that I worked with the store manager could have been more respectable with all co workers!!
Great pay and benefits/ poor management
Lead Framer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 19, 2016
Hobby Lobby can be a great place to work. As a company they take good care of their employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with members of the management team. They often use negative reinforcement tactics which creates a rift between them and their employees. Overall I have high praise for Hobby Lobby. If your lucky enough to work under a manager you like...you may just find yourself loving your job!
Pros
Pay
Cons
I will not regret my time there, though brief
Cashier/ General Operations (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 19, 2016
As one of the first hires, I participated in the actual assembly of the physical structure and setup of the store. This allowed me to appreciate the scale of the building itself and the layouts of all departments, as well as the merchandise itself. Once the store was opened, I had my first experience working as a retail employee, dealing with the public in a new way, as well as having the chance to work in several different departments and completing a variety of assignments, from cashier to assembly/ disassembly of displays, stocking of merchandise, and fabric preparation. My manager was a very patient person, especially considering I was quite new to the field. My co-workers, mostly older and far more experienced than myself in this field, readily accepted me and guided me through the learning process. The hardest part of the whole experience was keeping up with all the different skill sets required, while maintaining speed and efficiency. The most enjoyable experiences were as much with my co-workers as many of the customers, who are often the innately creative, curious, and 'enthusiastic' type. From what I have learned about working in retail from working there, and about myself, I am eager to discover what more is to come and what I can accomplish.
Pros
Paid breaks, required time off for meals, friendly co-workers
Cons
High experiential requirements
Multi-tasked Job
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2016
Required to do more then just your own work, but for the most part the job is pretty strait forward and easy to understand.
Pros
Food provided for good work on occasion. Management is understanding.
Cons
Not enough hours to get task finished.
Great job
Framer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 16, 2016
Great job to work at. Everybody there was nice and was willing to help. I think anybody would love working here
I enjoyed the interaction with customers.
Framer (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 16, 2016
A typical day there would consist of organizing my activities to any framing project I was working on, or determining the next job needing attention. I would be ready at a moment's notice to assist customers bringing projects or ideas to the store.
Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 14, 2016
Organization and time management was excellent when working for Hobby Lobby. I really enjoyed the Christian atmosphere and family friendly aspects of this job.
I loved the music and the products we sold.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 13, 2016
During my time there we had many changes in management and policies. I was there from the very beginning. Ground up to opening.
I loved working at Hobby Lobby and dealing with all the customers. It was just a bit hectic with all the changing of the management.
Pros
Great chrisitian music to listen to.
Cons
Not enough hours to live on.
Productive work place with many different crafts and do it yourself areas
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 13, 2016
Very welcoming enviornment. There is alot to learn and alot to be done. Systematically there should be a better way of inventory instead of doing everything by hand. Overall a great place.
Pros
Great enviornment, great team work
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed
Could be better
Custom Framing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 13, 2016
The hours were horrible and full time employees were overwork while the part time employees couldn't make any kind of living off of they pay for the hours offered. There was a lot of event to where food was brought in by management to show some kind of appreciation to its staff,
Loved working there. But it's really hard work.
Cashier / Stocker / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2016
Loved working there. Nice employees. Management works really hard right along with the employees. I was very impressed with that. Never worked for a company where managers worked so hard. I learned a lot from this company. It made me a better person in regards to helping others and enjoying hard work. Hardest part is only having one 15 minute break in the morning and a 30 lunch around 12 or 2 when your working a 9 to 10 hours shift on your feet the whole time. It was hard on your feet and back. Loved the employee discount was awesome.
Pros
Loved helping customer with craft projects and ideas.
Cons
Working a 9 to 10 hour shift on your feet the hold time, getting one 15 minute Break and 30 lunch. Need another break later in your shift.
Not a welcoming place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 12, 2016
Management was very rude. Needs ALOT of work. Didn't make you feel wanted. And definitely not the pay they say it was going to be when they hire you in. Yeah its nice to have Sundays off but when you don't feel wanted and also when you don't feel like your family matters when it critical. You just leave.
Pros
Great co-workers, Pretty stuff to look at
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Commitment
Descent Employer
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
Hobby Lobby is a descent employer. the benfits are better than most. As far as advancement, ther is not much promoting within.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Room For Advancement
Wonderful Place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2016
Great atmosphere. Great store manager. Great place for young college students. Managers are good. Most associates are helpful and friendly. Not a lot of room for advancement. Senior dept heads are valued over incoming personal.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 11, 2016
My job consist of constant movement and providing excellent customer service.

Orders, stocks, and maintains department. Provides excellent customer service by interacting with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
Fun and friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 9, 2016
It wasn't bad, the people were fun and the environment was friendly. Not too demanding and decently well managed. It was coolio home sliggidy slices.
i've learned alot
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 9, 2016
ive learned so much here its fun and very exciting they taught me about different paits how to build stuff and mire