Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,797 reviews matching the search
Fast paced. Many departments to choose from. Constantly memorizing ads.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 16, 2017
Not a difficult job. Decent co workers. Poor management (gender based harassment). Fake christian atmosphere. May spend a sizable chunk of paycheck there. Great atmosphere for creative people.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
May be expected to work in other departments regardless of knowledge
Great while it lasted
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 16, 2017
The work schedule was nice and consistent and having Sunday's off is a plus!

Returning merchandise as well as zoning the store helps you to get the know where things are quickly.

Almost everyone in management is awesome and enjoyable.

Hardest part of the job is knowing where everything goes in a short amount of time and with zoning a large area when you first start out.

The most enjoyable thing about the job: Everything. All you can buy craft store with awesome seasonal items and great employees who are enjoyable to work with. Everyone seems very happy.
Pros
Sunday's off, consistent store hours and schedule, great environment all around
Cons
Short duration of employment
Quiet environment, good breaks, bad hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 16, 2017
Despite the terrible hours provided, I did gain job experience and learn to handle customers properly as well as become a team-member. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with most of the time. I didn't like my boss very much because he was not so nice and hardly gave me hours (8 hours/week). The overall job, however, was not very difficult and it was easy to get used to.
Pros
Retail experience
Cons
Short lunches, not enough hours
decent pay for this area.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIAugust 15, 2017
Management would pat me on the head and say 'good girl'.
only worked seasonal.
The store itself was fine, easy set up quick to learn, most the people were fine.
Lot of christian pamphlets at the break room. That's to be expected, however the anti-feminist attitude of management and a few select employees was rather toxic.
Nice workimg area loved working with people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 15, 2017
Loved working with the people and co-workers the only problem was my low pay 9dollars an hour and only 4-8 hours a week. Management was great we had great team work.
Co workers make the day go faster.
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
It has great benifets for people that aren't afraid to work.
Some places are awesome to work in, but other departments are about helping out their friends.
Pros
Medical, good wages
Cons
Not everyone can advance and grow in the company.
Totally not worth the minor perks.
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MO 63122August 15, 2017
Five times the work for 30% more pay. Claim to be family oriented but then they do their best to keep you from ever seeing them. Scheduled shifts mean little. Don't make any plans for after work especially on freight day because you NEVER get out on time. Work until the job is done? Then pay by the job, not by the hour. I would never work there again.
Pros
Sundays off, No overnights, above average pay
Cons
Everything else.
My Hobby Lobby Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 13, 2017
It was a fantastic first job experience! I was surrounded by wonderful and encouraging coworkers, and the management was decent. Management's expectations weren't always reasonable, but they were understanding and worked hard to help you if you had a problem.
Pros
pleasant customers, friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Not worth the perks.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 12, 2017
Hobby Lobby started as a great company. However the longer you work there, the more it takes it's toll on it's employees. The company itself is losing a lot of money, to either online shoppers, its multiple lawsuits, or opening too many stores too frequently. Since the store is losing money, you're getting less hours (thirty-five ours was a good week), or getting demoted or fired while they hire more part-time employees to "save on pay-roll". The management team at my store was more worried about how they could get their way rather than following the rules and procedures put in place by corporate. The company itself, I believe, will go out of business sooner rather than later, partially because of the awful management teams in position.
Good place to work...if you can handle it
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 10, 2017
There are good days and bad days, as is with any job related to the public because the public is very erratic. If it weren't for the overwhelming customers and tight payroll, the stress level would be less.
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits for FT
Cons
Payroll dollars are tight, understaffed at times
Hobby lobby
Receptionist/ Data Entry/ Order Puller (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 10, 2017
typical day at HL started at 5 or 7 am and went until however long it took to finish the work. i learned to be patient. the management, well some were good but others shouldnt have EVER MADE management positions. the hardest part of the job,HOT, HOT, HOT AND COLD COLD COLD
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management and HOT
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cornith, MsAugust 10, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work ... but being hired full time is hard to do..i love it here..pay is very competive i would go as far to say they are generous..starting pay for part time is 10.50 per hour.
Pros
Great atomsphere..friendly..closed on Sundays
Cons
Not many full time jobs available
Never enough space
Stockmen (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 10, 2017
Need to find a better way to deal with inventory in stores. You cant not allow a certain tier of shelf's and then send more inventory then the whole entire back room can hold. Also managers really need to be watched and judged, having an incompetent manager that is stuck in their way can slow down the process of things.
Easy/Boring
Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
A typical day includes designing areas with new products, sorting products, customer service at all times and assisting shoppers with their needs to ensure a quality shopping experience.
Fun but very fast paced place to work
Cashier, store associate (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working at a store that had a christian based work ethic. Loved the fact that they are closed on Sundays, gives you at least one day of the weekend to spend with your family.
fast pace and challenging
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are not affraid to work hard. It helps if you are familiar with crafting but not nessessary. All items are hand punched into the register no scanning of merchandise, so that can be challenging. Management is tough, so be ready to work hard & stay a little after closing to clean up store so its fresh for the next day.
I love all of the employees, some have become my best friends. The employees are the best in town, all are very nice & helpfull. The hardest part of working there I would say is truck day. All merchandice must be unloaded & shelved by closing, so during the holiday season its not unusual to stay after 9pm.The BEST thing is that they are CLOSED on Sunday! They pay well too....
Pros
good pay & nice people
Cons
no scanning of items at register check out
Lack of Direction
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2017
Daily the direction was skewed and would change on a dime. Very expensive way to do business. You often did and re-did projects 3-4 times as there is no clear direction from the top. Accountability and support is nonexistent. The company thrives on fear,intimidation and guilt. Burnout is a severe reality.
Cons
All of the above
Corp and Field Beliefs Differ
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 8, 2017
When you to the main office in Oklahoma you can tell that they truly care about you and your worth to the Company.
This is much different than what I ran into working in the field.
Pros
Beliefs
Cons
Beliefs don't go down to the field level
Okay place to work
Puller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2017
It is not the best place to work but it does have one of the best starting pay for entry level positions in Oklahoma City. Some managers are amazing and always willing to help, while others have been there so long that they are just waiting for retirement. Hobby Lobby is a job that will fire you if it is in their benefit.
Pros
Christmas bonus, breaks every 2 hrs., on site clinic
Cons
insurance does not cover a lot.
Great company with strong values
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALAugust 8, 2017
I took this job during a training period for an more excessive determined job, having worked with the manager in a previous employment I already knew what they were asking of employees and for me I feel I met all their request and demands. I was hired on for the holiday period and felt I was paid greatly for my short time there and was able to utilize my customer service history to some fantastic clients.
Pros
great pay, manageable schedule, great leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.