Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,672 reviews matching the search
Craft and Hobby store.
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 23, 2017
At Hobby Lobby, I help customers put together craft ideas. I help them by either showing or collecting the items for them and putting it together for them. You have to have a lot of patience because most of the time, they don't know anything but they have an idea.
Pros
Store discount.
Cons
Early holiday stock.
Excellent
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 23, 2017
Great place to work. Management was good and co-workers made working enjoyable. Busy season is during the winter holidays so if you're looking to get a job that would be a good time to apply.
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
it was great working for a manager there now hes very supportived and always make sure we have help with all our projects he undertsand that team work make the dream work.
Grear job.
CSM Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALJune 22, 2017
The company is very friendly. The managers really care about working with the employees. Most of the jobs have a learning curve but are simple after getting used to their system.
Fast Paced
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2017
I loved working for Hobby Lobby. It was a fun place to work. I would probably still be there , but I ended up pregnant with my daughter and I couldnt handle the long hours and heavy lifting .
Pros
Get all the hours you want
Cons
the heat during the summer time.
Productive and fun place to work at
Department Head/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 21, 2017
I loved working at hobby lobby. I learned a lot of different things working in the arts and craft department. You can find any and everything at that store.
Pros
Close early
Cons
Short breaks
You would always have something to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2017
It was a great first job to have. I learned so much from them and everyone around me. I did love that place and everyone I worked with. They couldn't be flexible with my hours which is the main reason why I could no longer work there, but besides that it was a great first job.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Cons
they didn't have scanners
Helpful and positive work environment
Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 20, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work and to become more knowledgeable about various hobbies, crafts, supplies, and home decor. The enthusiastic service and knowledge of the employees keeps customers coming back for all their hobby, craft, and decor needs.
Horrible experience with management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2017
Managers were rude and not helpful at all. The job itself was interesting and fun and the customers were pleasant. However, the management style and leadership in the store made the job very stressful
Worked with great people
Paper crafting department manager and a supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 19, 2017
I loved going into work because I knew that every day would be different because there were so many tasks that had to be done and projects that had to be completed.
Pros
Worked with my schedule
Cons
holidays came with longer hours

Want to know more about Hobby Lobby?

Ask a question
Simple work with plenty of customer service
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 19, 2017
Its a great "starting out" job for any graduate or high schooler. The staff may be older but they are welcoming and give good insight. The only hard part about it is the repetition and occasional lack of work.
Easy environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2017
If your looking for a job to stay for a little while then I recommend it I personally wouldn't want to stay here for ever but I like how management treats you I believe its fair
Cons
not a set schedule
Don't work here
Stockmen/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 17, 2017
If you want to make as low as possible dont work here because for what you are paid for what you have to do it not worth the time and effort that you will put in
Pros
christian atmosphere
Cons
pay sucks
Pays well for required amount of work but offers no advancement.
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 16, 2017
Uneven workloads throughout the store. Work days can range from 4-12 hours without notice. Can work in multiple departments but receive no additional pay. Frame shop certification does not increase pay. All positions required to know register but cashiers are not required to know other departments.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Varying schedule
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2017
Its a great place too work, but you're only pulling orders. Needed to branch out and use my skills I went to school for. But, for a year or two job, its worth it.
Pros
Always 40hr weeks and great benefits.
Cons
Strict on everything
Good place to work when you have decent coworkers
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 15, 2017
I have worked at 2 hobby lobby's and I like my job. It has gotten me through college. The manager at my store was lazy and rude. My other coworkers were great.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28213June 15, 2017
Provide excellent customer service. Looked forward to the huddles we would have. The management team was pretty awesome. Great discounts and benefits.
Pros
The free lunches they would provide.
Cons
Not being able to work 40 hours because they didnot want to give you healthcare benefits.
Great job with great pay, but requires true work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 14, 2017
Working at Hobby Lobby as a cashier was a good gig for me, however, I did struggle at the cash register. In my brief period of employment, I would mix up which department certain items went under, and had trouble understanding which items were on sale every week. I was dependent on other fellow cashiers for that knowledge. Being a cashier at Hobby Lobby, I believe is one of the hardest jobs the store entails for its employees because it is not like scanning a product as a cashier would do at a Wal-Mart, but instead each product at Hobby Lobby is placed in specific departments and the prices are manually entered throughout the checkout process. Other duties I had as a part time cashier was to vacuum at the end of the day and sweep out our registers, wipe down the windows and turning on lamps at the beginning of the day, and assist in stocking returns back onto the shelves if the assistance was needed. As I said, this job was really a great job, however I was not cut out to be a cashier at this store.
Pros
The pay compensates for heavy labor
Cons
Everything is manually entered into the cash registers
Great job
Framer (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 14, 2017
LOVE the job. Work with some petty people. The negative energy is overwhelming between coworkers. Management and technology are improving steadily. Great hours.
Pros
Good pay, Sundays off, vacation, Ppto
There is a wide varient of product to choose from for customers
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 14, 2017
An employee has to keep up with the weekly ad. There are no price scanners at the registers. Every price has to be typed in manually. This creates long lines at the register.
Pros
Many choices
Cons
Staying late to clean up the store after customers leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.