Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Very fun environment
Department Head, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LAOctober 17, 2017
As my first retail job working with customers is a very good entry level job for young people. You can progress quickly, I managed to make it to a department head in a year of working there.
I love working there.
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJOctober 16, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about working there was the management at the time. They were unfair and honestly didn't care of the employees. I love the fact that I get to have Sunday's off. I have a small child and I love to spend time with him.
Okay short termer
Framer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
I worked there many years ago as a farmer.

I thought it was okay as a part-time job. They gave me one small pay raise in the 5 years I worked there. Some of the managers were real jerks! Hobby Lobby is an old antiquated company to work for. The typical day at work was boring. I had to deal with many angry customers. Gotta lot of cheap framing jobs, many people wanted award wining framing for very little money.

A man came in one evening with two old mats that were old and stuck together with a real weird looking opening. He wanted me to cut new openings in two thick mats stuck together with an exact-o knife. I was very polite to the gentleman and told him what he needed and the cost of the job. He got very angry with me. He said, this will cost you your job!

The next day Hobby Lobby fired me. I wasn't that upset. I felt somewhat relieved.
Pros
Clean stores, nice merchandise, okay part-time
Cons
low pay, not many breaks, not enough people to cover the load
enjoyable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job was when hours were cut and the store was left short staffed. Management was nice. The culture was not very Christian for a Christian owned company.
Amazing!
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 16, 2017
Such ana amzing place. The managers are constructive. The training is comprehensive. Ya we put out christmas a little early, but its fun! I would never want to leave my hobby lobby store. Its too wonderful.
Pros
Breaks and lunches respected, 15% discount added to anything!
Great balance of life and work
Assisitant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2017
Would recommend this company to anyone looking working in the Retail Industry. Great balance of life and work. Benefits are on pace with most Retail companies. This company provides a service in the craft world that has not been touched!
Taken advantage of, no hours, poor pay
Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 15, 2017
They promise full time but it never comes about, I tried for a year and a half and finally gave up, they lie. Weird place to work. Never the same schedule.
Pros
Clean place
Cons
No hours, poor pay, lied to
decent place to work
Cashier, Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 12, 2017
It was a decent place to work and a fun environment but once we got a terrible manager it all went down hill. Unfortunately the corporate managers were of no help and subsequently the majority of employees were either fired or forced to quit. With a good manager it's a good place to work, with a terrible one you're screwed.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a good place to work and has good people. They pay well and are understand about family issues that may come up. The Owners are good people as well.
easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 12, 2017
the management is great. They are easy going. The holidays can get pretty crazy since it is retail and they have amazing sales. I would recommend shopping there over working there
Busy, full customer service
Cashier and Fabric Department (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy crafting so it is a great job. It is a busy customer service job. I like the company as a whole. Typical retail job, but with the chance to learn new crafting skills.
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
lunch break is too short
Wasn't a bad company to work for but, management was horrilbe.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 11, 2017
I was treated unfairly. Management played favorites. I was picked on often and other employees would throw away my food and drinks when ever I brought any with me.
I meet alot good people
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 10, 2017
If the store director I will still be there. I had so nice co worker. I had good time and some bad days. The pay was great if I could I will work there under different store director. The bonuses was the best part working there and get a extra check and over 80 hour of pto.love that.
Hl
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. wonderful people and amazing merchandise. It was always fun and upbeat. If only full time would be offered more than just part time only or seasonal
good place
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2017
Amazing company great benefits good people they had great working environment job was not difficult . it is hard to move up in the company ,but overall a good company
I"m happy here but need more hours.
Certified Picture Framer (Current Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCOctober 9, 2017
I enjoy the work here,,,the management and staff are friendly and helpful. Because of a unique situation involving medical leave of co-workers who have finally returned, my hours are not what I need.
Most enjoyable part of the job...the creativity of framing, not only, famous artists works (I framed a Dali charcoal nude months ago), but also prints done by friends who exhibited with me at juried art shows across the country.
Pros
atmosphere...can do culture
Not the Best
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYOctober 9, 2017
The other cashiers were nice. Not everyone was friendly. Everyone was scared of one of the managers. Not the best work environment, but it pays good. SO it might be worth it
Good company to be apart of.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVOctober 8, 2017
I liked it there, managers did their jobs, joked when the time presented itself, coworkers all were fun to be around. The store came to Mercer mall early 2014 I helped set the store up from an empty space to what it is now.
Fast and heavy lifting,wicked pace
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur ALOctober 6, 2017
Loved the hard work you had to put in here and it showed as the pay was very competitive. No Sundays were very nice for family time also the team was kind of own your own kind of thing but it's required because the stores are large and you have a section to take care.
Pros
Pay, hours, sundays off, Fun holidays
Cons
Heavy grueling lifiing and climbing, terrible stockroom conditions, lack of team building
fun work place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 6, 2017
Great environment steady paced the you get to meet different people. You don't feel overwhelmed when performing your job. The people are friendly and if you are a people person this is the job for you.
Pros
good environment
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.