Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

I"m happy here but need more hours.
Certified Picture Framer (Current Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCOctober 9, 2017
I enjoy the work here,,,the management and staff are friendly and helpful. Because of a unique situation involving medical leave of co-workers who have finally returned, my hours are not what I need.
Most enjoyable part of the job...the creativity of framing, not only, famous artists works (I framed a Dali charcoal nude months ago), but also prints done by friends who exhibited with me at juried art shows across the country.
Pros
atmosphere...can do culture
Not the Best
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYOctober 9, 2017
The other cashiers were nice. Not everyone was friendly. Everyone was scared of one of the managers. Not the best work environment, but it pays good. SO it might be worth it
Good company to be apart of.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVOctober 8, 2017
I liked it there, managers did their jobs, joked when the time presented itself, coworkers all were fun to be around. The store came to Mercer mall early 2014 I helped set the store up from an empty space to what it is now.
Fast and heavy lifting,wicked pace
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur ALOctober 6, 2017
Loved the hard work you had to put in here and it showed as the pay was very competitive. No Sundays were very nice for family time also the team was kind of own your own kind of thing but it's required because the stores are large and you have a section to take care.
Pros
Pay, hours, sundays off, Fun holidays
Cons
Heavy grueling lifiing and climbing, terrible stockroom conditions, lack of team building
fun work place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 6, 2017
Great environment steady paced the you get to meet different people. You don't feel overwhelmed when performing your job. The people are friendly and if you are a people person this is the job for you.
Pros
good environment
Cons
short breaks
Shame the SM didn't communicate
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXOctober 6, 2017
It's a simple job with great working hours and plenty of breaks. It's very calm overall and an easy place to work, as long as you don't mind the very obvious Christianity tone.
The store manager wasn't communicative, though, which is a shame because everything else about working there was pretty alright. I was supposed to transfer to a new store as full-time, worked there for almost a year, and never got bumped up to FT. I wasn't told what was going or why, either. Only that he intended to do it at some point.
The pay for PT isn't very much, and getting on full-time is hard to do, but if you can, it's a great job for the hours and pay with full benefits.
I love it there
Stock person - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 5, 2017
Best part was the managers but I truly enjoy putting stock away and putting our truck load away. We have good people working at many locations in the Dupage Cook and Kane Counties.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Cashiering is not my passion as it used to be
Hobby lobby
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work. The hours can sometimes be short but the pay is good and the job is super fun. You'll meet great people and see great product come into the store.
Cons
A pretty good place to work if you have no family to take care of
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 4, 2017
My typical day consisted of clocking in, finding out which register I would be on, signing on and counting my drawer. I would establish which items were on sale. The manager was very inconsistent as far as his actions and attitude. He was not always nice to the customers. They were the reason we had our jobs. The co-workers were very nice. They treated you as family. I loved taking care of the customers and finding out about what they were working on that they were buying the items for. The customer service managers up front were very encouraging and great to work for and with.
Pros
Good discounts, great co-workers
Cons
short breaks
fast paced, nice staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 4, 2017
Ringing people up, stocking and doing returns. Management was nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
Fast paced
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 4, 2017
It's a great company to work for, I'm just in need of a change. The defintely treat you fair. Great Christian music playing. Very competing wages. I've been fortunate to work for them for many years
Pros
Off every sunday
Great people, terrible management
DEPARTMENT HEAD & CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2017
I've had a love/hate relationship with the company. The people I worked with were great for the most part. The coworkers were always fun and loving and like a family, however management was always terrible. They were very vague on instruction or gave the wrong instruction and the higher-ups seems to think they're on some sort of pedestal just because they're in corporate and tend to lord over everyone.
Good place for retail
Framer (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 3, 2017
A good place to work, generally good people to work with, strict management, flexible hours, difficult to obtain full time status, good job for not having to overthink things.
Cons
Difficult to obtain full time employment and the benefits that come with it
We could at least move up after a year
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 3, 2017
Changes need to be done with everything. Parttime work more hard then full time workers..we can use a bigger raise. An have an extra day.without cutting one of our days we work..
A real neat place to work.
Custom Picture Framer, Hobby Lobby (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX 76063October 3, 2017
A very good place to work, low stress, friendly co-workers, good pay if you are a full time worker. Good benefits if you are a full time worker. They are closed on Sundays. Very clean and wholesome environment. Very customer services oriented. They really go out of the way to make their store a friendly and helpful place for their customers. A very unique and fun place if you like hobbies and unique items for your home. The hardest part I guess was your hours and days changed from week to week.

Management is friendly but serious about the work being done and done right.
Pros
Lot of times company would buy pastries for breakfast and Pizza for lunch etc.
Cons
Short breaks 30 minute lunch, but and 2 15 minute breaks if you worked full time.
It's something else.
Cashier and seasonal stock positions held (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHOctober 2, 2017
I don't really agree with the company's views, so there's one thing. Other than that, they move stock everyday. To the point where it's ridiculous. Hear the new management is poo.
it could be better.
Order Puller, fabric roller. (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 1, 2017
For the pay it is a good job, as long as you don't end up getting hurt then you will find yourself jobless because they can't (won't ) accommodate with the restrictions given and they will fight you every step of the way to get treatment for injuries and try to blame everything else possible to get out of paying for treatment and then you're left trying to find a job that can accommodate with lifelong restrictions. i will say they offer counseling and classes that you are paid while attending, i really enjoyed the classes and also took advantage of the counseling option. they are lovely people there. If they could hire more managers and leads with those type of morals and respect for others it would be a much more pleasant place to work.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
unappreciated
Overworked, Understaffed and Not appreciated
Employee (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 29, 2017
Somehow the owner of Hobby Lobby is in the top 100 wealthiest people in America, yet they can't afford to staff their stores properly. They do not care about customer service at all, only money and how they can continue to operate with a skeleton crew to save an extra buck. Everyone is always stressed out trying to complete all the work they need to have done each day while being stretched so thin. There is very little chance for any job growth. Frame shop lacking in modern technology and equipment. Cash registers always have long lines. Hours always reduced and strictly enforced. Company ethics are lacking. The work itself would be fantastic if not for tons of issues. Having Sundays off is a bonus if you can put up with everything else.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
a lot
Beginner job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Great for older people and young high school students! Has lots of positions other than cashier. It's changed since I worked there so I'm not sure of any pros and cons!
Cons
Did not follow through with promises
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 29, 2017
Hired with hopes of becoming permanent and that did not happen. Hours were not guaranteed and was not given enough hours to survive. Management was not forthcoming.
Pros
Cons
No guarantee of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.