Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,303 reviews matching the search
Awesome
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 6, 2017
The environment there is so awesome there passionate about what the Hobby Lobby CEO stands for which is great cause really who doesn't love God right?
Warehouse Seasonal Send-Outs (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Good place to work.
They need to evaluate there pay to employees for the amount of work that they do according to their job titles.
This company has a lot of employees & they play favoritism to the young employees.
I do not agree with that at all.
Anyone hired to work for them should be able to do their job as described in the policy handbook.
Pros
Good Company to work for
Cons
Need to treat every employee equal no matter who they are.
Great management and team oriented staff.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 5, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work. The pay is competitive and the management is exceptional. The benefits Hobby Lobby offers are outstanding, ranging from medical to dental.
Life changing
FRAMER / SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Hobby lobby taught me how to take care of a department in the store, now i can walk in to any store and know exactly what i can do to improve a department. They trained me with custom framing and in my opinion extra experience is always nice.
Pursuing other interests
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 4, 2017
My day consisted of making sure orders were correct. Learned how to work automated conveyer system over new computer system to check for errors. My most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people.
Pros
Onsite medical clinic, and excellent benefits and salary
Cons
It involved very strenuous labor that was taking a toll on my body
great place to work
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 4, 2017
fun place to work for. the team is great and the hours are ok. the pay is not great for all the work you do on a daily basis. Management is great. You have sundays off which is a plus when it comes to your family.
nice coworkers and good managment
Framer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
don't count on this job..they even cut there full time employies hours to 28hr even for people that have been working there 20yrs they only got 32hrs.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
short breaks, short hours, not really any room for advancement
Sundays off
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 2, 2017
While working for Hobby Lobby, I found it to be very unorganized. Management team doesn't work together with the supervisors, so no one knows what the other team member is doing. Stock room was a mess and employees stole from the store. No one worked well together. I learned that you need organization and management who are team players.
Pros
Free food on holidays, Sundays off
Cons
No health care, no team work
Good job.
Custom Framer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 1, 2017
help customers choose custom framing for their artwork. Assemble chosen frames and mats with customer's artwork to create a unique art piece.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
part time hours
Amazing people and a very exciting enviroment.
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at hobby lobby is getting with your managers and seeing what objectives must be done.
I learned a lot from merchandising to great customer service.
Managers are great they make the job smooth and fun at the same time.
The hardest part their their wasn't one that Ive ever noticed.
The most enjoyable part was working together as a team and finishing tasks accordingly.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
Fun place to work if you arent looking to accomplish any career goals
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2017
Hobby lobby was a fun place to work. The people are friendly and for the most part the customers are as well. The district and regional managers are short tempered however. The hours vary from 15-25 per week as part time and seeing as how they view full time as a promotion that they can only have so many of at a time it is incredibly difficult to get more hours than 25 in a week.
Pros
Fun environemnt to work in
Cons
No real advancement opporurnities
Great to place to work I love my staff and customers i been there 2 years working part time.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
The company itself is great, I am just located at a store that just cant offer me full time. A normal day for me is filing documents, ringing out customers, cleaning my work area, and insuring that my customers experience was great.
I love working for this company. The managers are amazing and really push you to learn more in the company. We have great customers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MS 38654February 1, 2017
Productive workplace
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work , could be more leanant to dr.'s notes. Sometimes you may have to work a lot of mandatory overtime. But the checks are good
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very strict
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Good pay, the work was mostly easy to pick up and learn.
Obvious religious affiliations did become tedious whenever co-workers began talking badly of others who were not the same faith.
Amazing work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
They are the most amazing company to work for . very fast pace warehouse very family orientated work place and management is amazing.
Easy Marketing System, Good Hours, Exciting Workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NC 27215January 31, 2017
Arrive 15 minutes before shift, Check uniform/name tag, Over look company information board. Learned location of 85% of store items, New weekly discounts. Helpful/Kind Management and Co-Workers. Friendly Teamwork Environment. Hard part: Inventory, Cleaning bathrooms.
Most Enjoyable: Seeing customers find desired purchase and leave satisfied, Stocking, Recovering store at close, simply having fun working with other employees and managers.
Pros
Three 15 minute breaks, closed on Sundays, personal locker
Cons
No Healthcare Benifits, No extra hours
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 30, 2017
This was my very first job. I was scared and nervous, but the other employees and the company's views made it a very friendly and laid back environment to learn from.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Working at Hobby Lobby as a cashier was a great experience. I enjoyed all the friendly customers and the awesome co workers I was able to work with. Being a cashier at Hobby Lobby can be challenging because of the many rushes you can get during your shift. I enjoyed the many years I spent at Hobby Lobby as a cashier.
Great company to work for, Just hard to move up in the company
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJanuary 30, 2017
Hobby Lobby us a great company to work for. I loved the hours and what the company stands for. Just a hard to move up in and get a full time position with in the company.
Pros
Great christian values
Cons
Poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.