Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,072 reviews matching the search
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 11, 2016
My job consist of constant movement and providing excellent customer service.

Orders, stocks, and maintains department. Provides excellent customer service by interacting with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
Fun and friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 9, 2016
It wasn't bad, the people were fun and the environment was friendly. Not too demanding and decently well managed. It was coolio home sliggidy slices.
i've learned alot
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 9, 2016
ive learned so much here its fun and very exciting they taught me about different paits how to build stuff and mire
Hobby Lobby
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 7, 2016
Working at Hobby Lobby is enjoyable. The customers are friendly and so are the employees. There is many things to learn through out the stores.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJuly 7, 2016
Overall good environment and a lot of positive energy. We stay busy to guarantee great customer service. Have thorougly enjoyed working there.
Working part time
Certified Framer (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 7, 2016
-I design and prepare art and photo frames for customers. Public and customer relations and service.
-I get to use my creative side and it continues to grow. I also learned about the retail business and behind the scenes.
-The co-managers care about the employees and help in any way they can.
-I enjoy working with my co-workers and some have become friends outside of work.
-The hardest part of the job is being creative. For me, it's a continued learning process.
-Working with my hands and being creative is very enjoyable. Also, I enjoy working with and assisting the customers.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule.
Cons
Not enough work hours.
Great Fun place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAJuly 7, 2016
I loved working for Hobby Lobby. Always new product to see and loved to helped the customers find or completed projects. Had a lot of fun working there. Co-workers and Management were always in good mood.
Love to interact with customers.
Co-department head (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2016
I restocked and ordered products for the department I was working for. Working there made me better at interacting with different people and helping my co-workers when help is needed.
Pros
having Sundays off
Cons
not having enough help some days
Great Work Enviroment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 5, 2016
The Hardest part about working there is truck day. the only reason being is that it is a lot of manual labor. The coworkers are great
Co-Manager
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 4, 2016
Great place to work, and friendly environment. Overall team members engaged and productive. I like that HL is a Christian-based company and does not conduct business on Sunday.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Looks can be very decieving
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 29, 2016
Worked there for over 6 months, definitely no seniority recognition whatsoever. New employees would show up and get more hours and floor positions over employees that's been there longer. Great pay but hardly any hours. Half of the management has an attitude. Most employees, even though they get paid very well, act like they hate their jobs. You can't scan any items to insure that things are properly entered complete with discounts and it's silly that customers get irate over not being able to use the coupon more than once, which makes this job more stressful than it needs to be.
Pros
Finding your inner artist
Cons
No full time hours for employees that prefer it
fun workplace
Frame Shop manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 27, 2016
Great work environment. Management is a bit moody. would still be there if pay was better or at least able to advance. its a good part time job or a job to kill time. Not great for single income household. although they do pay well for retail.
Pros
off on Sundays.
Cons
No weekends off
Over worked and under paid.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJune 24, 2016
With a tight hold on payroll and lots of work to be done many times you find yourself doing twice amount of work in half the time. I imagine with different management things would be better but with the current manager things are difficult. It is nice working for a Christian company but there needs to be a bit of reform. Would give 5 stars with change in operations.
Pros
Off on Sundays, Flexable schedule.
Cons
No benifits for part-time, Not enough hours.
Excelent workplace enviorment
Seasonal Rep (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 23, 2016
Some days it can be very laid back and you will be searching for things to do, others you will be on a fully loaded shift working nonstop
Funplace to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 23, 2016
Love to see the wonderful crafty ideas out there. Great sales always. Big store to work at but has lots of great stuff to consider to look at.
Pros
Employee dicount of top of sale discount
Cons
Hours are little
A fast pace friendly environment.
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 22, 2016
Hobby Lobby is a terrific company to work for whether your fresh out of high school or on your second retirement. We have a excellent team who are dedicated to delivering the best customer service in retail. Each day is filled with an active schedule usually consisting of merchandise and inventory checks, cashiering, and even some salesmanship. The management from the top down are stand-up grade A employees who are always willing to handle the tasks normally expected of their subordinates. This only sets the standard for remainder of my co-workers. What I've learned most is that hard work really does pay off in the end. I believe the hardest part about tis job will be leaving. I truly enjoyed my working experience and look forward as I move to new and hopefully bigger and better endeavors.
Pros
The strong staff and loyal customers.
Cons
A small door for advancement.
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 21, 2016
it a good place to work friendly and fun place to work great family time upper management was good and understanding. job security
A productive and fun place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2016
Hobby Lobby is a productive and fun place to work. you get to meet new people everyday, Good Management and very organized company with great benefit
Cons
Free bottle water for summer
Great benefits, overall good place to work!
Office Manager/Department Head (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJune 17, 2016
I've been with the company since 2002. While there are a few cons to the job, it's overall a great place to work. Contrary to what some people say, while it's a company owned by a very religious family, it doesn't play a huge part in day-to-day work activities. Yes, it's around, but not preached and shoved down people's throats. Each store is going to function differently, so I guess I can only speak about mine in particular. My management staff has ranged from horrifyingly awful to wonderful over the time that I've worked there. Right now, we have an amazing management team and it's been that way for a few years. Sometimes the work load gets to be overwhelming, but I like it that way. I'd rather have too much to do than nothing to do. The opportunity to cross train between departments is always there. The opportunity for advancement is pretty slim. It can also be really hard to go from PT to FT, because it seems that FT people rarely leave. In our particular store, our newest FT employee has been there for 5 years. The benefits package and pay are really good, considering it's retail!
Pros
Great benefits, good mgmt, good training
Cons
Mgmt turns over a lot in some stores
I have learned alot while employeed and enjoyed the team and the interaction with customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJune 17, 2016
I enjoy working with a company where you are able to grow and better your skills along with learning new material. I have learn with many of my jobs having a great team helps to get the job done and a more enjoyable place to work. Always should remember the Ten Foot Rule--Acknowledge the customer. Interacting shows you care about the customer and its the customer that makes the company expand along with the workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.