Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Working for Hobby Lobby
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Its a good job for high school students but not for moms. The management was awful. I didn't enjoy going to work. They told me I would get full time but they never gave it to me. They put me in the frame shop and the lead would not teach me the right way.
Fun place to work and great environment.
Floral Dept./Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Can be very busy but it makes time go by fast. It is just a really great environment to work in. Everyone is very nice and managers are great. Hardest part about the job is learning how to ring since everything is done by hand basically. The most enjoyable part is that it is an overall fun place to work.
Pros
Fun & easy
Cons
Need a full time job, no sku numbers, everything is done by hand.
Just not a good place for African Americans
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 15, 2016
I qualified for many opportunities with just my degrees alone but was passed over for other candidates of different race and no education but high school diploma but other then that, its a good company.
Hl
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork and process coordination that went into each day. Sunday's off were good. Communication on success planning for management was poor.
Great place to work and good people
Sales, Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 12, 2016
My overall view is positive, everyone is friendly and willing to help. The hourse are great as is the pay. great working conditions and company really cares about it's employees. As with all retail moving things around is quite frequent
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
customers can be difficult
Very busy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2016
Worked long shifts, got regular breaks, learned how to create ice cream blizzards and smoothies. Worked the cash registers and trained new crew members. I enjoyed working with customers, and all my co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was keeping up during rushes.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Minimum wage
Great starter company
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2016
This is a great company to grow with. Job security is fantastic if you are a hard worker and so is the possibility for advancement. Fantastic benefits and overall good work environment. However, in certain departments, work load and overtime can quickly become intrusive to home life. In short, great job for someone just out of high school or with no family commitments.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement
Cons
massive required overtime and short/ no notice of overtime.
great
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 9, 2016
A great place to work there. I would still be there if i had not found a full time job. The people that shop there are great. The coworkers that work there are amazing
Fun, Hands On
Stockman, Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2016
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work. They management and cooperate offices really take care of their employees. Good pay rates, good hours, fun environment.

I'd work at Hobby Lobby again
Pros
Good Raises, Fun Co Workers, Great Work Environment, Flexible and Good work hours
Cons
Undermanned, Heavy Lifting up Ladders, Risky Job sometimes
Highschool job
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALJanuary 7, 2016
Worked here after high school each day. Fun co-workers, but bad manager. That person is gone now. I do like how they allowed you to work with others to finish jobs.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Productive and keeps you on your feet if you like to move alot
Cashier/Depatment Lead (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Love working here. So many things to make you want to start your own business or just a hobby. Love my co workers and managers. They really do become family.
Productive and Experience gain.
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  s.w. 44th Council, oklahoma city, okalhomaJanuary 6, 2016
It is a great place to work at, gained a great deal of experience. The work atmosphere is perfect and the relationship with the co-workers could not be any better.
Christian atmosphere
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2016
Hobby Lobby gives employees a great opportunity pay rate wise. But when it comes to a schedule and being full time, there is no consistency. You can leave on time or two hours later depending on the project. Management tends to have a disregard for personal lives. Seeing how their productivity/payroll is effected by their bonus, Management hardly ever makes the schedule more then a week out. Making it really difficult for you to make plans. If something doesn't go to plan, ie; the weekly truck being late, inclement weather. management changes the schedule despite whatever all has to be done to try and save payroll. When this has happened in the past, the amount of time to be worked has been shortened,but the amount of projects either stays the same or increases.Working at Hobby Lobby has taught me better multi tasking and figuring out different resources to finding how price points/ departments.Some of the hardest parts about working for Hobby Lobby at West Columbia is on multiple times, I've worked up to 13 hours on truck day before and the lack of consistency daily schedule wise. This is the only company i've ever heard of that you cant pick and choose when you use your PTO time that you've earned and you keep earning it on a weekly bases.. But company wise, they make you take your vacation a week at a time and you're not allowed to break it up. A lot of problems i have with Hobby Lobby are management based. The store manager at West Columbia is so rude. She acts like a bully and is constantly putting people down and lowering their self esteem.
Pros
Employee discount, closing early on holidays or being off all together, closing by 8 on a regular basis.
Cons
Only a 30 minute lunch break unless you work up to 12 hours in one day.
Was a good company to work for
CASHIER HOBBY LOBBY (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Was a good company to work for until new management took over the store. The best part of this job was working with some great people.
it was alright r
Shelf stocker (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I was working as a retail seller and shelf stoker and helping the customers verbally and physically being outstanding and friendly.
Pros
not free lunches but I have had a 15 minutes break and have health care
Cons
15 minutes break and no free lunches and no health care
good job
Stock Clerk and Custodian (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 5, 2016
had a set schedule. Best co-workers I EVER had. Everyone seemed to work as a team and didn't have to be told to by management.
Pros
co-workers and teamwork, decent pay for Norfolk
Cons
3rd Quarter meaning if you work part time your hours will be cut
Great environment to work in
Stockman (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 4, 2016
The hardest part about working at Hobby Lobby is being pulled in 5 different directions at once and actually having to decide which project is the most important
entering not only into a great company but a family
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 3, 2016
I would highly recommend this job to anyone. I have loved this job since day would and could really see myself her for an extended time period.
Pros
always concerned about their employees, 2-15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Cons
part time and seasonal jobs limited short hours, no health coverage offered
Very friendly and respectful managment
Stock/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 1, 2016
The management is friendly and loyal to their employees. Also, good pay and good work environment for anyone with anytime of skill level.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
hobby lobby
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LADecember 30, 2015
A typical day at Hobby Lobby was me walking in to the store, clocking in at designated time. Then checking the schedule and seeing what register I am on and proceeding to it to count it down. If I am on a primary register I open up and check out customers or refund them on items being returned. If not on a primary register I would report to a manager for assignment and designated work area for the day. The hardest part of the job for myself was not being able to be in my department most of my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co workers. Helping them keep morale up and assist them with questions they had for customers. My coworkers were a balanced bunch. Most of them loved working for hobby lobby while the others complained about lack of staff and hours.The management were a good crew, limited but skilled in their fields.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Limited Employee Positions