Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,618 reviews matching the search
It was confusing
cashier (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 6, 2017
For my first retail position i did not truly understand my job circumstances. I blame this mainly on the supervisors who were watching over my shoulder who didn't train me or the other seasonal employees enough. Which is probably why they let me go after my seasonal time was over.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
everything
Awesome place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 6, 2017
Overall fun and productive work environment. the management is some of the best around. its a fast pace work environment so be prepared to work a lot.
Overall good place to work, but not reliable.
Stockman (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 6, 2017
I am a part time stockman. I come in at 3pm and stay till after close. I come in and usually get a quick task from management or find one myself and work on that, while also getting calls for furniture and heavy items carry outs for customers. The most important thing is getting all your closing responsibility done on time. You have to get trash from outside cans and inside breakroom. Sweep store, clean restrooms, breakroom, classroom. Spot mop entire floor. and get shopping carts from outside. You must have it all done before the end of the day. It gets a little repetitve after a while and you don't have reliable hours.
Pros
pay.
Cons
unstable hours. hard to keep clean during Christmas time
Hobby Lobby
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILMay 6, 2017
It is a nice place to work at the people are great! the only problem I had was the District Manager he was not friendly at all. He was not approachable so if you had any issues with management you could never feel comfortable to talk to him about it. It's hard when Customers think that they are better than you because you work in retail but to have someone in the same business make you feel the same way was such a discouraging feeling.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
district manager
Great Place depending on Full time or Part time
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALMay 5, 2017
This is an amazing place to work, they have an amazingly happy and helpful staff with a family mentality. The hours are great, depending on if you are a full time employee or a part time employee. There was little opportunity to advance to a full time employee.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Little advancement
Pot luck dinners
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 5, 2017
A typical day at Hobby Lobby was freight and zoning the sales floor. the hardest part of the job was working too much and not spending time with family
interesting place to work
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 5, 2017
The starting pay is great but the hours are no good, there is no set time when you get off of work everyday and can vary from 1pm to 6pm!! It makes it difficult to balance work and life
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Hobby Lobby
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 4, 2017
I worked for this company for a little over 5 years. I started at the bottom and worked up to an assistant manager.

I assisted in the daily operation of the store, maintaining a pleasant and productive working environment, while addressing and resolving daily employee or customer conflicts and calmly and successfully diffused potentially volatile situations, improving customer satisfaction and ensuring a safer working environment.

I trained groups of 5-15 employees in various procedures, preparing team members to provide the highest level of customer service.
great manangement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 4, 2017
great fun job. management made things easy to learn and learn quickly. all the co-workers were great and helpful. very easy paced job. not too stressful, not too slow
Friendly work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 3, 2017
This was my first retail job and it was a very welcoming environment. Everyone was willing to help me out when I needed it. The employee discount was also nice because you can add it onto the one regular price item coupon.
Pros
Employee discount
Impolite management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2017
The location I worked at had management that played favorites and informed new employees they could never move up in the company. I originally was given 30 hours a week but upon informing them I found out I was pregnant they cut my hours down to 15 hours. This company is full of judgemental people.
Pros
Have Sundays off
Cons
Breaks usually not given until end of shift
A mixed package
Puller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 3, 2017
The benefits and wages are one of the best in OKC for unskilled labor. However, they did not accept my doctor's note and I was fired. They have a strict attendance and late to work policy, but unfortunately does not cover certain eventualities. What if someone was in an accident and was not able to call in? What if someone lives alone and could not get to a phone due to a medical condition.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Zero tolerance policy needs to have certain exceptions
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 3, 2017
I was a part-time cashier at Hobby Lobby for a little over 2 years. During my two years I did not advance higher than a cashier, but I did receive benefits like holiday bonuses, slight raise in pay (the pay is good to begin with for a part-time job), and the ability to train new employees. My co-workers were great, they made work not feel like work. The hardest part of my job was dealing with people who didn't understand the sale signs (or didn't read them all the way to understand the sale). Other than that, this company is an enjoyable place to work. They worked well with my school schedule and even allowed for me to get a second job and work with that schedule. Great people, great company.
Pros
Holiday Bonuses, Employee Discount, Great Employees
Cons
Sometimes tough customers
Good Pay
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 3, 2017
Overall, this was a great temp job. It is a very manual job, Meaning you have to lift a lot of heavy things all day long, and stand on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
Great Customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 2, 2017
Customers are the driving force that bring joy to the love of the company. Managers at all level are supportive of the daily tasks. Loyal environment from the District Manager to the stock man.
Hard work, busy, Long days
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 2, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a great company that I worked for for two years, but there was little room to move forward, and it was never a place I intended in staying for a long time.
Enjoyable,peaceful.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKMay 1, 2017
Very good company. Just which they would hire more full time cashier. Enjoy working with the customer service. Management is great treat us with respect. Store is very nice and clean.sells are great. The owner gives us bonus during the holiday time and have food catered in.
Pros
Everyone works together.
Cons
No heathcare for part-time.
Good Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 1, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a christian based company and i enjoyed working there. The hours and days weren't always stable but the pay was good and i got a chance to gain a lot of experience.
Worked every Sunday.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 1, 2017
Hobby Lobby prides itself on giving their employees Sundays off for family time or church, but I worked every Sunday. I was a part time employee and averaged 24 hours a week, but 16 of those were on Monday, which was truck day. I was given 1 half hour lunch and 1-2 15 minute breaks on that day. I enjoyed certain aspects of my job, like ordering, stocking, resets, and decorating in home decor, but management at my location was the worst I've seen. I'm sure it's different at other locations, so I will say that, under normal circumstances, I think the job would be quite enjoyable. With the manager I had, it was a very bad experience.
Pros
The job itself was enjoyable.
Cons
Fun work place, good management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 1, 2017
Clean friendly place to work, sometimes long shifts but always supplemented by long/frequent breaks. Good employee discount and helpful staff to help you get used to the computer system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.