Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

good pay and benefits but its basically your home
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 27, 2017
i worked in the warehouse and loaded trailers with boxes coming down conveyor line and pallet jacks to put boxes on line we work long hours but good pay and benefits
Pros
give you break every couple of hours 30 minute lunch good pay good benefits
Cons
long hours management is poor stressful
stressfull workplace
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 26, 2017
The pay is awesome, but at times i feel like they do not take employees seriously and disregard what they say. I feel as if they need to work on customer service as well
Friendly atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work is stressful but easy. Nice people work there, and there are cool things to learn, but it gets boring very quick. Checking people out is just the beginning.
Get used to getting blamed for things that aren't your fault!
Pros
15% off everything, can be late
Cons
SHORT breaks, mean (full-time) workers.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2017
my day started by making sure my department was well stocked and put together.
on ordering days we would order what we needed to restock shelving
the hardest part of the job was during christmas time where everything would get hectic.
But even then i had fun working there i would highly recommend for someone to work there.
Produsctive and fun workplace
Cashier/Stockman (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 26, 2017
I held multiple positions here. Love the family atmosphere. They take care of their employees. Very easy going job. You work every other weekend and they are closed Sundays. Usually have an off day in the middle of the week also.
fun place to work
Floral designer, Helped (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 26, 2017
The manger was great and the employees for most part all get along. Fast paced and always something new. There is opportunity for advancement if you want it
very stressful
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 25, 2017
Getting product off the truck and putting it away then helping with other departments. Helping customers find what they are looking for making sure all items are on the shelf and the appearance of the store is in good condition.
Pros
Enjoyed the people i worked with and dealing with the same customers all the time
Cons
not enough hours and management was not willing to assist when there was other departments to go to
Good job
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoy working at Hobby Lobby very much but still remain part time after 2 years. The turn over is very low at HL compared to other retailers. It is a good job.
Fun work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
I have been with this company for three years and I have loved it. I started working there as a seasonal employee and moved up to the position of a permanent part-time employee.
Fun Seasonal Work
Cashier (Part-Time/Seasonal/Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Monona, WI 53713September 25, 2017
I loved working there over the holidays!

It's super-busy, so time flies. Christmas music on all day, everything holiday-related on sale, lots of work to do.

Supervisors and managers all very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Never bored!
Cons
Not for you if you don't like to be busy
An excellent Summer job
Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 24, 2017
I had an excellent time working in Hobby Lobby. My managers did a great job teaching the workers procedures and following those procedures, which created a smooth work flow and a clear expectation of what we were to do. Work was typically fast-paced, as many customers came in each day to the frame shop where I worked. I helped them, tried to up-sell frames, and when there were no customers I placed art in paintings. I learned a lot about how to sale there and also got practical knowledge in the hours I spent putting together frames. My coworkers were friendly and kind. I would say the most typical part of my job was being a part time employee and having to deal with a changing schedule rather than having set hours each week. I greatly enjoyed working with my fellow framers though and I had a good feeling when I headed to work each day.
Pros
Quick days, clear directions for work, friendly managers
Cons
Random hours, Difficult to advance
average blue collar job
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2017
The work is cut and dry. exactly what you see is exactly what you get. Not a terrible job but not what i'd assume would be a first choice. The job is very fast paced and has a very non flexible policy instated about attendance and punctuality
Cons
forced overtime, lack of shift movement
Rewarding
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 24, 2017
A typical day of work was face paced and productive. I learned new social skills such as how to interact with a customers and not to be shy. This gave me a sense of confidence as person and as an employee. Management was a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Employee discount
fun place to work, nice people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2017
bad management, can't advance with this company if your not in a special click with upper management, there isn't any good leadership and they don't value their employees
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad management
great place to work
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2017
Great place had no issues, anyone would be pleased to work in there environment. I meet a lot of really awesome people. the job was really good. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Work envorinment was learning experience and fun.
CASHIER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 21, 2017
Working as cashier/customer service was learning experience for me. I learned how to deal with customers and learn about each department in the store. I also had to learn the sales that was going on for each week. I enjoyed working with the staff and the managers.
Pros
I didn't have to work holidays. Nobody had to work holidays.
Cons
I didn't recieve any health benfits.
Not bad
Cashier/stock (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Lot of people, lots of employees, lots of work, they move you around like crazy if your a cashier, I went from cashier, to crafts, to framing, to returns, back to cashier, it was all what they wanted from me. my manager that was there, is no longer there, thank goodness, very cool guy, but something was off. Employees are awesome once you break the ice. I miss them!
Craft Store
Framer (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZSeptember 20, 2017
This is a great place if you are looking for part time work. The store is busiest around the holidays and employees can get more than 20 hours week then.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Everyone I worked with was quite relaxed. There is a lot of changing product so the displays were constantly being changed. This was the majority of the job.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Short lunch
challenging place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Enjoy working at Hobby Lobby .
Started there as store set up, received a full time position as a department head, six moths was promoted assistant manager .
Pros
full time needs to be 40 hours
Cons
need more time in your own department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.