Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

fun place to work, nice people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2017
bad management, can't advance with this company if your not in a special click with upper management, there isn't any good leadership and they don't value their employees
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad management
great place to work
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2017
Great place had no issues, anyone would be pleased to work in there environment. I meet a lot of really awesome people. the job was really good. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Work envorinment was learning experience and fun.
CASHIER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 21, 2017
Working as cashier/customer service was learning experience for me. I learned how to deal with customers and learn about each department in the store. I also had to learn the sales that was going on for each week. I enjoyed working with the staff and the managers.
Pros
I didn't have to work holidays. Nobody had to work holidays.
Cons
I didn't recieve any health benfits.
Not bad
Cashier/stock (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Lot of people, lots of employees, lots of work, they move you around like crazy if your a cashier, I went from cashier, to crafts, to framing, to returns, back to cashier, it was all what they wanted from me. my manager that was there, is no longer there, thank goodness, very cool guy, but something was off. Employees are awesome once you break the ice. I miss them!
Craft Store
Framer (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZSeptember 20, 2017
This is a great place if you are looking for part time work. The store is busiest around the holidays and employees can get more than 20 hours week then.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Everyone I worked with was quite relaxed. There is a lot of changing product so the displays were constantly being changed. This was the majority of the job.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Short lunch
challenging place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Enjoy working at Hobby Lobby .
Started there as store set up, received a full time position as a department head, six moths was promoted assistant manager .
Pros
full time needs to be 40 hours
Cons
need more time in your own department
productive place to work at
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day working at hobby lobby consisted of me standing at a cash register helping customers check out . I learned to work at a fast paced and customer service skills. The work place culture was balanced .
Pros
pay rate was decent for a retail job
Cons
weird schedules, no paid time off
A slow but high stress work environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 18, 2017
The days normally stuck to cleaning the store in a consistent schedule but then on Fridays were when people who could come in were required to to get the stock ordered to the store and moved to the floor throughout the day.
Pays well
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 18, 2017
Hobby Lobby pays well but you work hard. The full time employees work the hardest but all are expected do their best. Customer service is first priority. As a cashier I processed sales, kept the front end stocked and orderly. The atmosphere is friendly. Full time employees have excellent benefits.
Pros
Keep busy
Cons
Sometimes missed breaks
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2017
Warehouse Worker
Duties:
•Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
•Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Could be a better place if the management properly staffed the store
Home Décor Department Head (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2017
The company itself is fine from store to store the manager has their own way of staffing, the current store I am working is completely understaffed his store. The previous store I worked at was better staffed and more department orientated.
Pros
closed on sunday decent wages
Cons
Seems under staffed and constantly concerned about discounts given at register.
Seasonal Department Associate
Seasonal Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Very enjoyable as far as a customer service position. Enjoyed work environment. Although I never faced any issued with management, I knew different employees had issues with head manager.
Pros
Work environment
I enjoyed my time there.
Sales associate and department head (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PA 18087September 16, 2017
I loved working with this company. They were patient and kind and devoted to their work. It was equal treatment for everyone with a fair, lighthearted, and generously helpful manager. The entire environment there is very relaxing even during busy season. It was a pleasure doing work for them.
Pros
Very organized, friendly, and professional work environment.
Cons
very strong religious opinions
Not very good
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2017
Ok company to work for until you get hurt. Hours are good, plenty of overtime. The work isn't very fast but it can can a little busy. Workers comp isnt't very helpful.
Fabric Associate
Fabric Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Knowledge and extreme cleanliness in a fast pace working environment was the key key to success here. It is normal to have 8 bosses looking over your shoulder during each of your shifts and they usually each had their own set of rules.
It's an okay job experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 15, 2017
Some aspects of the job tend to be too stressful and too strenuous for the amount of money presented as payment. I work with some great people, but I've come to dislike the job itself.
Its not what you think
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Just because Hobby Lobby is Christian owned, do not assume that you will receive kind and compassionate Treatment from management nor from the majority of your coworkers.
You are pushed by management to work fast fast fast. Even if you are already fast. Its never fast enough. Then when you finish your task quickly there is never any positive reinforcements its go do this this and this
They drive you so hard and have such unattainable expectations that you find yourself becoming unsafe and making mistakes.
This type of work is great for a young person hyped up on caffeine and that doesnt need a life outside of work. However, certainly not a place that one could retire unless you work at a desk at corporate.
Ok, now you have been warned. Trust me these employees earn their money and then some.
Pros
Off on Sundays
Cons
Lots
Nice place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Most days are steady. However, as with most jobs there are slow times and busy times. Some of the asst. managers are better than others. While the manager of certain stores have more compassion than others, it is still a nice place to work. There really is really no hard part to working at Hobby Lobby. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and seeing all the cool stuff that comes in during the Christmas holiday.
Pros
Great pay and great discounts
Cons
Better management for some stores
I liked my job, but got hours cut
Custom Framer & Sales (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 14, 2017
It was a good place to work. I was hired for a lead position, but never got it. I was also hired first shift, but got hours at night, which screwed up my childcare. My hours got cut from 40hrs dayshift to 15 hours nights and Saturdays.
Pros
Variety/breaks/discount
Cons
Schedule and reduced hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.