Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,616 reviews matching the search
Hobby Lobby
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2017
I feel like management did not listen or care about me t all. Work day starts at 5:00 a.m. and you never know what time your leaving which was the biggest complaint, also they would not tell you a time frame on when you could leave. It is almost impossible to make your superiors and hour family working in this environment.
Pros
The benefits and pay
Cons
Not ever knowing what time your work day would end.
Great management, employees, and work environment.
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 29, 2017
Each day began with either specific day projects or an assignment from a member of management. An employee would complete the task with little to no supervision and then report back.

Management was respectful and provided training where most needed. They worked hard and were notable examples to show fellow employees the work standard.
Pros
Respectful management and team working employees
Cons
Few hours
Great place to work, if you want part time hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLApril 28, 2017
This is an awesome company to work for, but after a year as a part timer, I had to look elsewhere. I would return in a heartbeat for a full time position.
Pros
Compensation and discount
Cons
Not enough full time spots
Pays well but difficult to work with management.
Cashier, Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 27, 2017
Hobby Lobby definitely pays well and can be a fun place to work. However, because of poor store management in a lot of stores as well as the district manager, there has been a lot of corruption (bad customer service, employees stealing from each other, laziness in managers i.e sitting in the breakroom or office on their phone). I hope in the future that the "bad eggs" can be found and thrown out, resulting in a better company and workplace.
Great job for starting out.
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 27, 2017
As an after school job it was good. The pay was great for the area with a flexible schedule. The only negative thing is during busy holidays we would work until midnight or later. Overall good place of emolyment.
Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 27, 2017
There is always something to do at this place. I enjoy the people I work with, and there is always something to learn each day. The store is held up to a high standard when it comes to making sure the store looks presentable each work day. Our team has a lot of fun together and we are definitely like a family there. We look out for each other and make sure to be there when needed, One of the best places I have ever worked at.
Pros
Great group of people to work with
Cons
Hard to get time off
Good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 26, 2017
Hobby lobby has great values. They are very fair to employees and are willing to work with you schedule. I enjoyed my time there and did not have any major complaints except that the management turnover rate was high.
busy work
Setup Crew (temperary) (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2017
I did setup for the store for its grand opening . the people i worked with were great and the job was simple . I really like everything about it . People in management treat us great
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Temporary
great company
Framer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 25, 2017
great company the environment is friendly and the work is fun. It gets a bit hectic on truck day but overall I would recommend it to friends. The pay is also pretty nice for retail
Your Grandmother's one-stop shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAApril 23, 2017
While Hobby Lobby is a positive work experience, personally the environment and customers gave off a lulling sensation that made it somewhat difficult to stay focused. Additionally, most of the customers who came in knew what they were looking for. On top of that, the cashier position requires that you memorize almost every item and every sale in the store in order to effectively sell the product, which can be detrimental if you get a line. Needing to manually enter every product in the register program is not all that modern, comparing to other such chain companies that match their barcodes, or SKUs, to a database of products with constantly updated prices and discounts.
They love to talk about work family balance...thats a joke!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 22, 2017
Christian company that doesn't operate like a christian company. Has hourly managers work 6 days a week long hours during holidays!! LIKE CHRISTMAS!!!
Pros
Not open on Sunday
Cons
Horrible work family balance. Crazy hours during Christmas and spring time the freight flow, resets, and forced items is horrible with the tight payroll.
Overall work enviroment is good, customer appreciation
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 22, 2017
Overall work environment is good, pleasant atmosphere, and upper management is easy going and communicates well with their employees. Schedules are fairly consistent and health benefits are above average.
Pros
Benefits are above average, spacious break room, supportive co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours during the year
This job is the one that got away!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXApril 22, 2017
Was a wonderful job, easy flow, great people and nice environment. I started as a seasonal employee and work till March. The cash register was easy to work, didnt use the scanner guns like everywhere else uses but you get used to finding prices. Zoning and stocking was simple to get the hang out. Over all it was my favorite job.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks
Smooth working enviorment and fast pace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hobby Lobby. Everyone was friendly, helpful and hard workers. Some days were harder then others only when Christmas time came around.
Productive fun. Product line
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2017
Religion aspect of the store, with the overall vision of the business. District level management to Regional management
put of touch of their store and how to achieve higher standards to provide exceptional service to there customer base
Pros
Fun exciting product line
Cons
Religion I'm the work place
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMApril 21, 2017
I would not recommend anyone applying to Hobby Lobby. Most of the front end workers are bullies and if you don't fit it with them, then you don't fit in at Hobby Lobby.
It can be high stress
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2017
The atmosphere is okay. Management expects a lot out of you when they don't do much themselves. It is stressful when you have a lot to do and not enough time to accomplish it all.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Short breaks
dead end job
Custome Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 19, 2017
there is no room for advancment in the company unless you can move. the job itself is very easy but for me it was not satisfing i felt like I was a door greeter all day and couldn't move out of a 7 square box.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
full time hard to get
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Management/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2017
We provided good quality service to our customers. Associates were all on one accord. The management was fair in their choices and provided instruction needed to complete all task.
No fair opportunities for advancement
Store Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 18, 2017
Every day work was not bad. What made the job at times bad was that management played favorites with certain employees. People that got promoted were not always the ones that worked the hardest and were good employees.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval