Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,618 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Management/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2017
We provided good quality service to our customers. Associates were all on one accord. The management was fair in their choices and provided instruction needed to complete all task.
No fair opportunities for advancement
Store Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 18, 2017
Every day work was not bad. What made the job at times bad was that management played favorites with certain employees. People that got promoted were not always the ones that worked the hardest and were good employees.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
bad management
Good balance of home life and work
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXApril 18, 2017
Sometimes management was only concerned with what is best for them. Also, benefits are expensive and doesn't cover much. Always want everyone in store to work on all holidays they are open even if they are not very busy. You are sometimes required to do a lot of work in not a lot of time.
Productive and fun workplace
Frame Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 17, 2017
I was blessed to work with an amazing team and management.
Every Sunday off
Fun workplace
Creative enviroment
Room to grow for advancement
Insurance offered for full time
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, personal time
Cons
Hard to get to full time status
Nice job if you're working with the right people.
Stockmen (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 17, 2017
Wouldn't say it was an especially stressful job. Though it can get hectic during the holiday months. Managers can be nit picky sometimes, but overall not much to complain about. Fairly nice people.
crafty
Texas- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXApril 17, 2017
i enjoyed working here at hobby lobby, there are many jobs to do here. you meet all diffrent kinds of people here, and new crafts to do also. it can become very tiring also.
Productive and fun pace to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 16, 2017
We would it out freight and stock shelves, I learned trends change daily. The people I worked with were fun to be with.The customers were very interesting at times,the merchandise that we got was something I used everyday.
Only hard workers work there
Back up Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 16, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for the entire eight hours a day. The Managers are hands on and are responsible for creating the plan-o-grams and maintaining the consistency required by the company nationally.
review
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2017
I do not agree with some of their policies but as a young person they offer a lot higher pay than many places so I went with it. You must be a fast learner and patient enough to deal with some rude customers but other than that its a good place to work.
helping customers create
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2017
working with customers to help them create their next project. get to make great displays that catch the eye of customers. working with the other employs is great, we are like one big family
Pros
good pay
Cons
hart to be promoted
excellent mix between customer service and solitude.
stock shelves, and customer service (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 15, 2017
i leaned a lot from working for Hobby Lobby as it was my first job and i had not had a lot of experience before. well there i learned how to communicate with customers and help them find what they need or encourage them to buy something they want.
Fast paced with good people to work with.
Dept. Head (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, AL 35903April 13, 2017
As a full time associate there was always a lot to be done in a work day. You never knew what was going to be next. I learned a lot about retail working in this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people, and the satisfaction of a job done well.
It Was A Mighty Productive Experience
Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73179April 12, 2017
A typical day at HOBBY LOBBY was real easy going with light loads. People that were always willing to help with pay that made the job so much worth it
Pros
Easy Work, Team Working Enviorment, Great
Cons
Had Quite A Few Worker's That Just Do Not Want To Follow The Rules
Productive and everyone got a long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSApril 12, 2017
I was a cashier.. I would work for 3 hours then they would give us a break then work another 3 hours that was only if we worked less than 8 hours a day..
Pros
We would get a 15% discount on all the items at the store..
Cons
No health care insurance for pat-timers..
Productive and quick pasted
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 12, 2017
The days were always busy, rarely time for a dull moment. The management was okay, most of the employees were nice and others, well not so friendly. Over all the environment for work was good. The hardest part of the job was truck days and working the register, you have to punch everything in manually and remember the sales for each week.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
Great place to work long hours. During Christmas is very hectic but it is a great place to work. The pay is great but would appreciate more hours and benefits
Gave me the most cross training out of any job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2017
I was hired as a temp, and helped set up the store. The training was good. I had to work 10-12 hour shifts during opening. I started at at the fabric department, was moved to the art department. I liked that I learned to do inventory and ordering. Eventually I got moved to the front end, and had less hours.
Pros
Discount
Cons
High turnover
Very religious
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 11, 2017
As everyone knows Hobby Lobby is a Christian based store, and the manager was very relaxed about inviting different religions into his store. You have strict protocol on jewelry and tattoos but it didn't really effect my work. The management was very nice about letting you take time off as long as it was for a decent reason. He left me take off 2 weeks surrounding christmas so I could see my fiance who was in the military
Pros
good environment, slow paced
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 11, 2017
This place was a good place to work. I would recommend this place for people who don't have a problem moving fast pace. Management is really understanding about personal affairs and they are closed on Sunday.
Pros
Closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving and ever Sunday
Cons
High turnover
A very positive environment to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MI.April 10, 2017
Most enjoyable place to work as it was a Christian owned company with support in prayer when/if needed. Management encouraged us to challenge ourselves to become better at our job.
Pros
Safe, caring environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.