Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
It's a great place to learn about the retail business.
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 14, 2016
Every aspect of retail is learned here. Concessions have been made for some people who have physical limitations. They are willing to work with us when we have an emergency in the family. We get to share expertise with our customers and we learn from them, as well.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
I couldn't say.
good job
Stock Clerk and Custodian (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 5, 2016
had a set schedule. Best co-workers I EVER had. Everyone seemed to work as a team and didn't have to be told to by management.
Pros
co-workers and teamwork, decent pay for Norfolk
Cons
3rd Quarter meaning if you work part time your hours will be cut
I loved the music and the products we sold.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 13, 2016
During my time there we had many changes in management and policies. I was there from the very beginning. Ground up to opening.
I loved working at Hobby Lobby and dealing with all the customers. It was just a bit hectic with all the changing of the management.
Pros
Great chrisitian music to listen to.
Cons
Not enough hours to live on.
Stressful fast paced work environment with terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDAugust 18, 2015
The Management is less than ideal. upon applying you are promised 15/hour pay however when hired they only give you part time and tell you that 15/hour is only for full time workers and part time only makes 10. employees are treated poorly and expected to do much more than what they are being paid for.
Cons
short breaks no good benefits
Happiest Time in my Life
Cashier/ Part-Time Home Accents Dept (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 22, 2015
Hobby Lobby is located in Southern California. It was an art, craft, and hobby store the size of a football field. During my time at this job i learned very quickly and had an attitude and customer service that none could match. I was eager to help and unloaded there trucks for delivery, organized and separated shipments. I also kept things neat ant tidy. My fast pace way made it easy to get promoted to HOME ACCENTS which is a specified dept in this store. I was also a good multitask and handled sale transactions as well. The management were nice and friendly as well as professional. I really enjoyed working here and gaining the experience i did.
Professional environment with little to no change
Computer Aided Drafter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2015
Company and the drafting department I've worked in is very stable. However, there is little room for advancement or change.
As a drafter, a typical day of work is to look over either an existing set and site survey measurements to build existing. This information is then taken and the building is modified to suit a Hobby Lobby and their fixture plan and back rooms.
Management takes advantage of the wording of the rules and forces employees to use paid time off and vacation in ways that are disagreeable. Management also tends to view the companies rights highly over those of an employee.
Co-workers are generally agreeable and kind, we have almost always worked well together. There were those in the past that didn't work out.
Current duties have me deal with landlords and civil engineers. These tend to vary in how easy they are to work with or being accommodating.
I enjoy designing and working with multiple projects at once. It is always rewarding to see something you designed or had a hand in be built.
Pros
Hour long lunch and a comfortable desk job.
Cons
Not many chances to move around or work outside at all.
Asst Manager/Dept Head (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Hobby lobby is a Christian based company that takes care of their employees. They provide great benefits and work atmosphere.
Hl
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork and process coordination that went into each day. Sunday's off were good. Communication on success planning for management was poor.
Cash people out.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJune 8, 2016
The co workers were great. Management was always distracted.
Nothing much learned.
Hardest part of the job was the scheduling, favorites were shown preferential treatment.
Best part was the co-workers and our own support nsystem.
Pros
Closed on sunday
Cons
Not being able to scan anything. All done by hand in the register.
productive fun enviroment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 17, 2016
great place to work, worked as a warehouse manager for five years very enjoyable co-workers and atmosphere. I was able to move through the management ladder quickly. Great not to be able to work on sunday's , worked at various locations setting up new stores with my entire trip paid for. Great place for advancement quick.
The Best Job I've had so Far!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 17, 2016
This is a really great place to work if your in South Texas, and love arts & crafts. The people are fun to work with and make your shift go fast. I loved working here! The Managers are Awesome! They care about everyone, and do what they can to help you what ever it might be! The Best Place To Work!
Pros
Management, Coworkers
Cons
Wished I was Ful Time
Productive work place with many different crafts and do it yourself areas
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 13, 2016
Very welcoming enviornment. There is alot to learn and alot to be done. Systematically there should be a better way of inventory instead of doing everything by hand. Overall a great place.
Pros
Great enviornment, great team work
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed
A Fun Fast Paced Arts and Crafts Store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2015
A fast past demanding job with excellent Management and co workers to help teach you the ropes.It was always fun to see what customers are buying and creating .It was especially fun and creative when you need to wrap these unique items in paper. So, the customer can transport these items home safely.This job taught me a lot about retail in arts and crafts and ,for the most part, the customers leave happy.It's an amazing store that constantly changes with fresh new items of the season.I loved working there.
Pros
Your surrounded by Arts and Crafts of the on coming Seasons
Cons
multi task register and sales floor.It's hard to be two places at once
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 11, 2016
My job consist of constant movement and providing excellent customer service.

Orders, stocks, and maintains department. Provides excellent customer service by interacting with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
None of that
SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 5, 2016
Customer service,stock,order,straighten

Learned mostly something daily from the customers

Good

Great helpful family away from home

Unloading the truck with freight every friday

Being around the customer and coworkers
Pros
BEING OFF ON SUNDAY SO I WAS ABLE TO ATTEND MASS EVERY SUNDAY
Cons
NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE YOUR VACATION WHEN ASKED HAD TO TAKE IT WHEN MANAGER ALLOWED IT
Good pay. Terrible Management
Stockman (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 18, 2016
Its a great place to work as far as pay. Management is absolutely ridiculous. Could use some major advances in how things are produced as far as product and management.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
It allowed me to learn new skills and work productively.
Floor Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 23, 2016
The company was excellent about communicating to team members about public awareness. The job and position gave me the opportunity to work in a field that was new to me. It allowed me the opportunity to gain skills in the retail field.
Very pleasant work environment with a lot of long time employees
Cashier/Customer Service Manager/Custom Framer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 15, 2015
I have truly loved this job overall. The management team has been some of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of ever working for. My only complaint is that they have not had a full time position come available for me, and I need to have more hours, benefits and income at this time.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and management
Cons
Not enough full time positions/hours available
Hobby Lobby
Jewelry Dept. (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 21, 2015
The staff and management are friendly, hardworking and helpful. Some duties of the job stay the same daily, while others change depending on the day of the week. The company overall has very nice policies and benefits.
loved it
Temp/ Stockman (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 12, 2015
I am very artistic so I loved working there just sucked I was a Temp worker for the holidays. So the chance of me getting a part time gig was slim to none. The employees were great and management was awesome. Customer service was fantastic spoke with people all day.
Pros
good hours
Cons
truck days you are going to stay 16 hrs or more.