Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 1,449 reviews matching the search
managment was awful
Customer Services/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 20, 2017
they dont care about there employees. they yell at you in front of customers and other employees. learned that working for hobby lobby was awful and they treated you awful as well.
Lot of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
This job deals with a lot of work, but it is a great environment to be in. Coworkers are amazing and you work as a team. The first few weeks are challenging because it is all very new.
Limited time off and keep your pull time up!
Trainer and Order Pulling (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2017
Nothing is more important at this place than how fast you can move! Keep your pull times up and absents are extremely limited!
Good pay but poor management and life compensation
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJanuary 18, 2017
would be a great company to work for if management actually cared about their employees and treated them like people rather than dogs. If management could be changed or at least have the managers attitudes adjusted then it might be worth it to work there.
Pros
money
Cons
short lunches, horrific hours and poor management decisions
Great Retail Job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 17, 2017
Wonderful staff and management. Great pay for retail. Not much room for growth. They are great all around, but it is retail so you still deal with "wonderful" people.
Christian owned but that's where it ends
Certified Custom Picture Framer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJanuary 17, 2017
Not Christian people working there. Had to be subjected to bad behavior all the time. Not a great place to work.
Did get trained to be a certified custom picture framer.
Pros
Nice Store, Cool Merchandise
Cons
Bad behavior from co-workers
fun work place
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
fun place to work for great people busy all the time job done right great management they have a rolls and i love rolls and love to follow the rolls good pay and over time
Did not feel like a good secure place
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
With a part time job there were no benefits. The company did not feel like a long term place to work. It would not be a good place to move up.
benefits
Horrible Management
Store Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Descriminate and Non-Christian Management at all.
Lake Mary, Florida had the horrible managers.
Hours given sucked. Co-Manager flirts with men employees.
Favoritism and very unappreciative of your hard work.
Very hard labor job especially on truck day.
Yell at you everyday for no reason in front of the customer.
Doesn't appreciate your job.
Pros
Cons
management, benefits
days were long but productive
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 16, 2017
i learned alot at this company about merchandising, customer service and getting along with a variety of co-workers over a five year period.
Steady work environment
Dallas driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
Steady work but unpredictable hours , home every day , plus 2 days in a row off , pay is descent for being a local job , nice newer clean equipment , shop area is great.
Pros
Store discounts and home every night
Cons
Hours vary
good place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2017
all the bosses are good people. all the mechanic at the time were good people to work with. i lied the shop it was clean all the time and the cook outs were good.
Awesome, fun place to work! Home away from home
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 15, 2017
Hobby Lobby is a great place to work, there is never a dull moment. The people are great, its like one big family. I love it!
We all work together, to assure that our customers have an awesome Hobby Lobby experience.
Hobby Lobby
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Great company to work for, great pay, customers are great. My first work place I was at was great, management was great at first. Then our manager switched to a different store and the new manager was great but along with other managers they weren't that great to the employees. I ended up transferring to another store and that place was amazing, management was amazing at that store. I have learned so much from my work place, I loved what I did.
Fast pace, Great peole!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 14, 2017
If you enjoy being around alot of people then this is the place for you,Great personalities with the people you work with! friendly management hard working management!
Pros
there is always something that needs to be done
Cons
low pay roll so you wont get very many hours
This is a BAD CORPORATION and horrible to work for (don't be mislead like I was)
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 13, 2017
Worked as cashier. EVERYTHING IS HAND ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM, NOTHING SCANS. They have cheap old systems and are too cheap to buy a scanner! This is mentally exhausting because I worked at a VERY VERY busy store. Imagine cart loads of items you have to hand enter! And you also have to calculate things on a calculator! You also have to call for back up...never any managers around to supervise the front. A lot of young cashiers got away with a lot. You have to pass a math test to even get hired. They do cashier tests EVERY week, along with random written cashier exams (you are constantly pressured by management to ace the exam or she will look bad) whenever corporate decides to drop by. Corporate is EXTREMELY strict and nasty on even their most honest and hardworking employees. Cashiers have to unpack AND price tons of items from boxes on shipment day (once a week) and there is NEVER enough help on the registers. They also have NO customer service for returns, so cashiers do all the returns/go backs as well. I have worked many places, and I know a lot about whats fair and whats not...trust me...They expect way too much of cashier for the cheap pay you get! Sometimes I was left alone and had no one to even cover me to go to the bathroom! Its not right and I believe something needs to be done for these poor cashiers. They claim to be a christian company, but the way they treat them does not aline with it.
Pros
Coworkers were decent
Cons
Corporate is horrible, extremely overworked employees, old system
Wonderful place to work, great co-workers and management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hobby Lobby. The customers were generally happy, the co-workers and management easy to work with. The resets were fun to do. Retail work can be tricky with scheduling, as they need you to have high availability. The only reason I left was for personal health reasons.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
high availability for scheduling required
Great place to work!
Crafts Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working at Hobby Lobby! The job is fun most of the time, pretty easy, but you will be expected to work. The only complaint I have is about the new management. They play favorites when it comes to time off. A plus is that it is super easy to get promoted as long as you do your part!
Pros
Promotions and great pay
Fun environment
Temporary Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 12, 2017
Long hours and being on your feet all day can be tough at times. It is a typical retail environment. Great co-workers make it a fun atmosphere. Great management too.
Pros
Closed on Sundays
Cons
work/life balance
a place to use your imaginatiom
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 12, 2017
typical day at work involved me meeting and greeting patients. I help customers find the items they need in order to compete crafts and start intense projects. my co-workers were friendly and observant.
Pros
being able to pick up hours during the holiday
Cons
not being able to work full time due to hobby lobby's polocies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.