Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Most days are steady. However, as with most jobs there are slow times and busy times. Some of the asst. managers are better than others. While the manager of certain stores have more compassion than others, it is still a nice place to work. There really is really no hard part to working at Hobby Lobby. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and seeing all the cool stuff that comes in during the Christmas holiday.
Pros
Great pay and great discounts
Cons
Better management for some stores
I liked my job, but got hours cut
Custom Framer & Sales (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 14, 2017
It was a good place to work. I was hired for a lead position, but never got it. I was also hired first shift, but got hours at night, which screwed up my childcare. My hours got cut from 40hrs dayshift to 15 hours nights and Saturdays.
Pros
Variety/breaks/discount
Cons
Schedule and reduced hours
Full time is better
Part time associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Overall working for hobby Lobby is not bad. The main issues I saw were lack of hours, and not being able to move up. Cashiering is pretty easy once you learn ALL the departments and what's IN each of the departments. If you work the sales floor, then it's mainly directing customers, maintaining visuals, and putting out freight. The team where I worked had worked together for a while, so being new made it hard to fit in right away. Once you stay for a bit, then others became warmed up and helpful.
productive, safe and pleasant work place.
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LA 71291September 13, 2017
I loved working for Hobby Lobby. each day was exciting to me because it was always something to organize or set-up or display to make the store beautiful for our customers and easy shopping for the customer. Management for the store was excellent in making sure the employees as well as the customers had a safe and clean environment. I personally enjoyed being a designer and florist making our customer's events, such as weddings and funerals, birthday parties etc...beautiful and a dream come true.
Pros
pleasent working environment.
Fun but challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2017
I would stay at my register until close if I was at 1 or 2 (our return registers). If I was anywhere else I would run returns. Lunches were 30 min unpaid but I always brought my lunch. Manager was nice, but if he got mad the entire store would hear it.
Fast pace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 13, 2017
Hobby lobby is a great place to work they have awesome people. The management is a little off other than that if you like to move fast and work nonstop. It's definitely the place for you.
Loved my time there.
CASHIER/FRAMER (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 10, 2017
I loved my time working at Hobby Lobby! The only reason I left is because they were unable to give me a full-time position, which is what I needed at the time. I would go back to work there again if I were able to get full-time.
Fun, but stressful place to work (if you're a cashier)
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Aesthetically beautiful place to work, especially during the holiday season. If you work there long enough, you will most likely develop new hobbies to explore. Your co-workers are usually artistic and creative and just plain pleasant to be around. Hobby Lobby has a warm family feeling to it.
Pros
Pay is good, considering it's retail.
Cons
Outdated registers and record keeping methods. Also, signage is questionable, which leads to a lot of explaining and disgruntled customers.
great job
Framer (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoy working with this company. They are fair, generous and professional. The work atmosphere is pleasant and comfortable. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
great company
Cons
temporary
Unfair managerial practices, especially with PTO
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2017
i would only recommend working the corporate or retail side of Hobby Lobby. The warehouse/distribution unfairly promotes those less capable of doing their jobs and place them ahead of those doing their jobs correctly. LOTS of turnover.

Want to know more about Hobby Lobby?

Ask a question
Hobby Lobby is a great company to work for.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2017
It enjoyable to meet all the new people on a daily basis when working on the floor.

I like doing the behind the scenes work, too.

It's very upbeat.
Pros
Good group of people for the most part.
Cons
Short hours, no benefits for PT
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 7, 2017
Every day was different. I was able to show how every much creativity I wanted in setting up the displays every season. I was never bored at work and always had something to do.
There's was always a project to do and my team was great
Lead stockman (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MISeptember 7, 2017
I work there for a long time and learned many ways of doing things.i had alot of influence from the other employees and alot of creativity.haveing the opportunity to help customers out was a blast.we had so much merchandise there was to many options but we always found a smile.being apart of the team was a honor.we did so many projects that I felt we each left a mark in that place.getting to see all the interesting items from around the world everyday was amazing and neat.haveing the moment to show custermers was even better.
Pros
Working around different merchandise everyday was great
Cons
Lunch breaks were short and never got raises
co workers were great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  lakewwodSeptember 7, 2017
i was a cashier at hobby lobby for about a year n a half it was great. i had great co-workers and managers . we built the store together so everyone would help each other out.
Pros
lunch was 30 minutes
Cons
not much benefits unless you'r a department lead
Fun workplace with great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 7, 2017
I loved working there it is a crafters dream come true. My managers were very understanding and helpful when I had questions and I got to help in different departments and learn how each one worked
A Bunch of Liars
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Tilton NHSeptember 7, 2017
Make all kinds of promises about hiring full-time, only the butt-kissers got that. The Asst. Mgr. took a dislike to me so I was one of the first let go despite the fact that I showed up every day on time and worked my tail off. I loved working there, I loved my co-workers but when I was let go the Asst. Manager promised me I'm on a "short list" if payroll allows them to get more employees and I'll be called back which I know is a line of BS. Meanwhile now I'm scrambling to find another job so I can at least keep the electricity on in my home and maybe even buy some groceries. Some Christian-based company - THEY LIE TO PEOPLE.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not given breaks after working 5 straight hours
A great group of people and a good company to work for.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 6, 2017
We worked well together and had fun. We sometimes had short project deadlines which could be difficult to meet. Overall a good place to work. The management was very good and fair until one year ago when the current manager was hired.
Pros
Great team.
Cons
Manager
Efficient, clean, and enjoyable!
Sales Associate/Certified Framer (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALSeptember 5, 2017
Working at Hobby Lobby is strenuous physically (you're on your feet your whole shift), but the work isn't hard mentally and the time goes by fast! There's always something to do. Avoid the gossip of some of the employees and it's a great place to work!
Excellent place to work with a fun and exciting environment.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 5, 2017
I loved my job at Hobby Lobby, it was a relaxing atmosphere with fun and exciting people to work with. The customers are so excited to talk about their projects and crafts, and to see what input you can provide.
Managers are great people that know thier job and the company well, and look for the best in people to help bring out the best for each person, and for the company.
Pros
Great co-workers, friendly and excited customers, great benefit package.
Cons
fast-paced, paid break is short
Management is unqualified
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 5, 2017
The management staff at the time of my experience was not one that allowed for growth of the staff and improvement of the location as a whole. The company's values and approach towards employees is great on paper, but management needs to follow through with that stance in order to keep in mind the best interests of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.