HOBOKEN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER

HOBOKEN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Comfortable and enjoyable place to work.
Switchboard Supervisor (Current Employee), Hoboken NJJune 17, 2015
I enjoy the team work experience, Learning new and exciting things everyday. Being part of a productive team. Working towards a better patient experience.
Productive and Learning Environment
Crisis Intervention Clinician (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 7, 2015
Pros: Close to Mass Transit
Cons: Limited Parking
Diverse and Culturally sensitive co workers.
24 hour operations
Evaluating patients is the best part of the day
Diverse and Culturally sensitive co workers.
24 hour operations
Evaluating patients is the best part of the day
terrible
Pre-Certification Specialist (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 3, 2015
It is not at all what I thought it would be. No growth or advancement opportunities.
Micro-management
favoritism
no raises
Good roots
Health Information Record Analyzer (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Digitized paper medical records into cutting-edge computer information system. Analyzed system capabilities to identify benefits and disadvantages. Utilized technological skills and health information knowledge to ensure system protected HIPAA privacy requirements. Collaborated regularly with technology team to implement needed changes to improve system functions.
The best place to work
Solutions Handler (Current Employee), Hoboken University Medical CenterJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: medical and dental
Cons: no recognition received
Management mitigates information for every day procedures to deter horizontal development.

Enjoyable part of the day is working on the fifth floor with the Nursery.

Prepare to stay in the same place for a long time.
Hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: amazing coworkers, pizza parties, great patients
Cons: running around to relieve techs
Working for the hospital is pretty hectic. I am usually sent all over the hospital depending on the directors needs that day. For example, I can walk in and spend my day in the ER X-ray room or I can be – more... kept upstairs in the department and then be spent downstairs to the ER to relieve the tech there or bee sent to the OR to relieve the tech up there. The hospital is pretty consistent when it comes to outpatient and inpatient volume. we do have our rare days when it is quiet, but usually the ER is busy and so is the department. I do the contrast studies as well as the DEXA prescritions we receive.

I have learned a lot with my coworkers and with the hospital, Ive learned to work in a team and help each other out. i have strengthened my multitasking skills and have become more aware of patients and their needs when it comes to customer service. I sometimes call the patients customers because that is how I see them, they essentially are the reason as to why I have a job in the hospital and I treat them with respect, compassion, and kindness.

My coworkers are awesome, even the per-diem techs, we are quite friendly and consider us one big family. Sometimes we all have our off days but we know each other so well we are able to give that person time and let them cool off or relax. When we get busy I am good with working in a team to tackle the workload and move patients in and out of the department in a very efficient manner.

The hardest part of my job would be the noving around I have to do throughout the day relieving techs, but it has also allowed me to strengthen my skiils in mutltasking and getting procedures done in a quick yet efficient manner. Some patients can be a bit difficult but I have learned that sometimes they just need someone who listens and cares, communication is key with patients in xray and it definitely makes working with them a lot smoother. That leads me into my most enjoyable part of my job, the patients. I love feeling like I am helping them out, I'm in some way saving a life with xrays. I feel fulfilled and accomplished. Plus, I get to meet so many different people of different cultures and get to learn from them in the time we spend together doing their xrays. i love what I do because of my interaction with patients. – less
Easy Commute.
Unit Clerk - Emergency Room (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: commute to home is short.
Cons: parking.
Very busy community, but for profit hospital. Mostly a lot of nursing home patients as well as homeless and pediatric cases.
work was volunteer.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 11, 2014
work was volunteer and not enough work, therefore job ended.
Wonderful experience with nice people
RN-ICU (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMay 29, 2014
Statrs at 0700, with the day's assignment, typically 2 patients. Many of the patient are not typical ICU patients; ie:- no vent, no drip, no pressors. Quick assessment of each patient, get baseline vital – more... signs. Prepare for morning medication.
At 0900, unit interdisciplinary round with case manager, nutritionist, respiratory therapist, social worker, pastor and the intensivist. Each nurse gives a narrative of each of her patient's status, starting from admission to the current date, including any plan for future therapy. This one big thing I learned here different from other facilities I had worked in. It provides the opportunity for the me to get to know my patient very well, as well as looking at the patient from all aspect possible for optimal health outcome.
Very little management responsibility here since my terms was for a short period. I had great co-workers who were always ready to help.
Hardest part was waking up at 0430am to get ready to leave, so as to beat traffic and get to work on time. It was a long commute due to the distance.
I had a job to go to. – less
Challenging work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJanuary 24, 2014
Worked there for 25 years, convinient location, good schedule.
Good Company
Human Resources, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJAugust 16, 2013
HUMC offers advancement and security. Benefits are offered, 401k. employee recognition.
Hoboken University Medical Center
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMay 19, 2013
Pros: available parking
Cons: medical benefits
This hospital has a staff that complements one anther. The nurses work well together and care for the patients in their charge. Many nurses remain past their shift to complete charting that was held until patient care was completed.
Not the safest place to work
Rn (Current Employee), Hoboken, njApril 27, 2013
Too many employees that have been there for way too long. They will never advance if all are so reluctant to change. New owners have great ideas, but with the same older employees who are set in their ways, nothing is going to change. I wish them the best of luck!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJApril 15, 2013
Worked there for 25 years. Typed reports for different departments and the terminology associated with them. Very friendly co-workers
Terrible place to work, you've been warned
Patient care (Current Employee), Hoboken njJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: it's clean
Cons: street parking, elevators, equipment, attitudes
No elevators, terrible supervisors everyone out for themselves I work here with nurses and I would never bring a family member here it's utterly gross the lack of compassion shown, it's all about the money, the place is over worked and under staff 100% of the time and they wonder why everybody looks so Miserable
Productive and very busy
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJOctober 24, 2012
Pros: we received free lunches and dinners.
Cons: dealing with the attitudes of people.
Had to deal with the public a lot, it was overwhelming at times. I stayed very busy. Learned a lot about state and city procedures. Had to review charity care applications and have them approved. They had to be accurate before approval.
a lot of work and extrawork
Counselor in alcohol and substance abuse (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJAugust 29, 2012
Pros: working with adolescents, and learning about adolescents behavior.
Cons: a lot of work, and the hospital dos not replace people inmediately, they last an eternity to replace counselors
I learned to work with adolescents and I received always a good feedback. My coworkers were excelent and very compassionate to work with kids, I learned alot from them.Maybe, the hardest part of the job was the lack of planning, but the most enjoyable was to be a part of a family.
Intense, challenging environment that enhanced my communication skills
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJAugust 29, 2012
I learned to use different techniques to improve my communication skills with patients.
fun workplace depending who you work with, professional, all about excellent customer service
Unit Clerk/One To One Observer (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 12, 2012
Good experience for me because of the fact I'm going back to school so its good I'm in the field to expand my knowledge
Healthcare - Mid-size Hospital 500+ Phyisicians and 140 beds
Medical Staff Credentialist - Auditor (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJApril 13, 2012
Pros: friendly staff.
Cons: two hour commute.
A typical day, I audited attending physician credential records. I compiled, reorganized and submitted reports on documentation in their files. Including updating certifications, reviewed and prepared physician records for initial and reappointments; bringing them in compliance with JCAHO which enabled them to work within Hoboken University Medical Center.