HOBOKEN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Staff-RN (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 9, 2017
A typical community Hospital. We work like a happy family, helping each other and especially whoever is busy. The location is great. You're like in the little Italy.
Great place to work!
Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Such lovely staff and patients, I am going to miss this place. The clinical director is a lovely woman who is very supportive and very experienced in systems of mental health care. The staff is friendly and engaging. The pace was manageable and I felt very supported.
Pros
Relaxed pace
Cons
paper charts
Excellent place to gain experience
Therapist Internship (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 14, 2017
Learned basic structures and procedures of individualized psychotherapy, obtained supervision weekly regarding cases, extremely supportive and learning environment.
Great working enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  308 Willow Avenue, Hoboken, NJJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working there as a Blood Bank and Hematology Supervisor. I had a great interpersonal professional interaction with all the Technical staff under my supervision.
Mutual respect and admiration among all staff.
Pros
Professionalism and Team work
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 29, 2017
The staff are kind, reliable, and diverse. It has been a pleasure working here. Management has many years of experience which adds to the team. I really enjoy being an employee.
Pros
Benefits, work culture
Cons
No overtime
Always productive day at work
ER Nurse/Staff Nurse/Telemetry/ICU (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 14, 2017
Provided exceptional patient care while managing daily workload of various emergency and trauma cases.Always guaranteed total safety and best possible patient care.Documented assessments, care plans, and all outcomes and provided information to patients and family members regarding condition and plans.
Great Place to work
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 10, 2017
HUMC is a very friendly and professional environment where employees are like family and patients like friends. They pay well and are always willing to accommodate employees.
Pros
Fun location
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Emergency room
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 10, 2017
Great teamwork environment. Feels like family working in the department. At time stressful but that comes with the territory. Great ED doctors and easy to work with.
Pros
team work enviroment
Cons
no lunch breaks
Patient access Registration (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 8, 2016
Place is very nice to work at only downside is that management needs work especially in the registration department. All the doctors and nurses are really helpful. You can easily move up the ladder. And the pay is really good
needs improvement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 4, 2016
horrible nurse patient ration on the med-surg floor. nursing assistance tend to be lazy. management on my floor sucked
Pros
good pay
Cons
no leadership from management
productive, great place to work at.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 27, 2016
co-workers are pleasant and help as much as they can. training is great. salary is average. management is good. it is a fast passed environment. parking is horrible.
I didnt like the work environment with the people who worked here.
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 10, 2016
I loved my job as what I did was great but the environment of working with helath care professional was absolutely poor, The staff talked about the patients and were not professional at all.
Pleasure
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 29, 2016
It was a pleasure to work there, I learned so much and interacted with many different doctors as well as patients. I would refer everyone to work there.
Enjoyable workplace
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 16, 2016
Truly enjoyed working at this job. It was a small town community bank. Everyone knew everyone. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and became very friendly with a lot of the clients who came all the time. The managers at my site were very organized.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
low pay, health benefits
Humc
Infusion Center - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 24, 2015
Patients are wonderful
Fellow staff at times can be hard to work with
Managers are ok as long as you do your job
Supervisorsare relatble
Never see ceo's or coo's
Pros
Employee benefits, Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, No coverage
Comfortable and enjoyable place to work.
Switchboard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken NJJune 17, 2015
I enjoy the team work experience, Learning new and exciting things everyday. Being part of a productive team. Working towards a better patient experience.
terrible
Pre-Certification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 3, 2015
It is not at all what I thought it would be. No growth or advancement opportunities.
Micro-management
favoritism
no raises
Good roots
Health Information Record Analyzer (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Digitized paper medical records into cutting-edge computer information system. Analyzed system capabilities to identify benefits and disadvantages. Utilized technological skills and health information knowledge to ensure system protected HIPAA privacy requirements. Collaborated regularly with technology team to implement needed changes to improve system functions.
The best place to work
Solutions Handler (Current Employee) –  Hoboken University Medical CenterJanuary 11, 2015
Management mitigates information for every day procedures to deter horizontal development.

Enjoyable part of the day is working on the fifth floor with the Nursery.

Prepare to stay in the same place for a long time.
Pros
Medical and Dental
Cons
No recognition received
Hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Working for the hospital is pretty hectic. I am usually sent all over the hospital depending on the directors needs that day. For example, I can walk in and spend my day in the ER X-ray room or I can be kept upstairs in the department and then be spent downstairs to the ER to relieve the tech there or bee sent to the OR to relieve the tech up there. The hospital is pretty consistent when it comes to outpatient and inpatient volume. we do have our rare days when it is quiet, but usually the ER is busy and so is the department. I do the contrast studies as well as the DEXA prescritions we receive.

I have learned a lot with my coworkers and with the hospital, Ive learned to work in a team and help each other out. i have strengthened my multitasking skills and have become more aware of patients and their needs when it comes to customer service. I sometimes call the patients customers because that is how I see them, they essentially are the reason as to why I have a job in the hospital and I treat them with respect, compassion, and kindness.

My coworkers are awesome, even the per-diem techs, we are quite friendly and consider us one big family. Sometimes we all have our off days but we know each other so well we are able to give that person time and let them cool off or relax. When we get busy I am good with working in a team to tackle the workload and move patients in and out of the department in a very efficient manner.

The hardest part of my job would be the noving around I have to do throughout the day relieving techs, but it has also allowed me to strengthen my skiils
  more... in mutltasking and getting procedures done in a quick yet efficient manner. Some patients can be a bit difficult but I have learned that sometimes they just need someone who listens and cares, communication is key with patients in xray and it definitely makes working with them a lot smoother. That leads me into my most enjoyable part of my job, the patients. I love feeling like I am helping them out, I'm in some way saving a life with xrays. I feel fulfilled and accomplished. Plus, I get to meet so many different people of different cultures and get to learn from them in the time we spend together doing their xrays. i love what I do because of my interaction with patients.  less
Pros
amazing coworkers, pizza parties, great patients
Cons
running around to relieve techs