HOBOKEN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

needs improvement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 4, 2016
horrible nurse patient ration on the med-surg floor. nursing assistance tend to be lazy. management on my floor sucked
Pros
good pay
Cons
no leadership from management
I didnt like the work environment with the people who worked here.
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 10, 2016
I loved my job as what I did was great but the environment of working with helath care professional was absolutely poor, The staff talked about the patients and were not professional at all.
productive, great place to work at.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 27, 2016
co-workers are pleasant and help as much as they can. training is great. salary is average. management is good. it is a fast passed environment. parking is horrible.
Enjoyable workplace
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 16, 2016
Truly enjoyed working at this job. It was a small town community bank. Everyone knew everyone. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and became very friendly with a lot of the clients who came all the time. The managers at my site were very organized.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
low pay, health benefits
Pleasure
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 29, 2016
It was a pleasure to work there, I learned so much and interacted with many different doctors as well as patients. I would refer everyone to work there.
Good roots
Health Information Record Analyzer (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Digitized paper medical records into cutting-edge computer information system. Analyzed system capabilities to identify benefits and disadvantages. Utilized technological skills and health information knowledge to ensure system protected HIPAA privacy requirements. Collaborated regularly with technology team to implement needed changes to improve system functions.
Healthcare - Mid-size Hospital 500+ Phyisicians and 140 beds
Medical Staff Credentialist - Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 13, 2012
A typical day, I audited attending physician credential records. I compiled, reorganized and submitted reports on documentation in their files. Including updating certifications, reviewed and prepared physician records for initial and reappointments; bringing them in compliance with JCAHO which enabled them to work within Hoboken University Medical Center.
Pros
friendly staff.
Cons
two hour commute.
a lot of work and extrawork
Counselor in alcohol and substance abuse (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 29, 2012
I learned to work with adolescents and I received always a good feedback. My coworkers were excelent and very compassionate to work with kids, I learned alot from them.Maybe, the hardest part of the job was the lack of planning, but the most enjoyable was to be a part of a family.
Pros
working with adolescents, and learning about adolescents behavior.
Cons
a lot of work, and the hospital dos not replace people inmediately, they last an eternity to replace counselors
Terrible place to work, you've been warned
Patient care (Current Employee) –  Hoboken njJanuary 7, 2013
No elevators, terrible supervisors everyone out for themselves I work here with nurses and I would never bring a family member here it's utterly gross the lack of compassion shown, it's all about the money, the place is over worked and under staff 100% of the time and they wonder why everybody looks so Miserable
Pros
it's clean
Cons
street parking, elevators, equipment, attitudes
Small, community hospital in a great location. Nice place to work!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST/NURSE EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 15, 2012
Great job growth potential, professional staff, progressive education incentives, small family like atmosphere, close community ties, various community outreach programs.
Pros
small hospital, great location
Cons
adjusting to new ownership
Productive and very busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 24, 2012
Had to deal with the public a lot, it was overwhelming at times. I stayed very busy. Learned a lot about state and city procedures. Had to review charity care applications and have them approved. They had to be accurate before approval.
Pros
we received free lunches and dinners.
Cons
dealing with the attitudes of people.
Humc
Infusion Center - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 24, 2015
Patients are wonderful
Fellow staff at times can be hard to work with
Managers are ok as long as you do your job
Supervisorsare relatble
Never see ceo's or coo's
Pros
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS, DISCOUNTS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, NO COVERAGE
Hoboken University Medical Center
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 19, 2013
This hospital has a staff that complements one anther. The nurses work well together and care for the patients in their charge. Many nurses remain past their shift to complete charting that was held until patient care was completed.
Pros
available parking
Cons
medical benefits
The best place to work
Solutions Handler (Current Employee) –  Hoboken University Medical CenterJanuary 11, 2015
Management mitigates information for every day procedures to deter horizontal development.

Enjoyable part of the day is working on the fifth floor with the Nursery.

Prepare to stay in the same place for a long time.
Pros
Medical and Dental
Cons
No recognition received
Not the safest place to work
Rn (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, njApril 27, 2013
Too many employees that have been there for way too long. They will never advance if all are so reluctant to change. New owners have great ideas, but with the same older employees who are set in their ways, nothing is going to change. I wish them the best of luck!
Comfortable and enjoyable place to work.
Switchboard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken NJJune 17, 2015
I enjoy the team work experience, Learning new and exciting things everyday. Being part of a productive team. Working towards a better patient experience.
fun workplace depending who you work with, professional, all about excellent customer service
Unit Clerk/One To One Observer (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 12, 2012
Good experience for me because of the fact I'm going back to school so its good I'm in the field to expand my knowledge
Wonderful experience with nice people
RN-ICU (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 29, 2014
Statrs at 0700, with the day's assignment, typically 2 patients. Many of the patient are not typical ICU patients; ie:- no vent, no drip, no pressors. Quick assessment of each patient, get baseline vital signs. Prepare for morning medication.
At 0900, unit interdisciplinary round with case manager, nutritionist, respiratory therapist, social worker, pastor and the intensivist. Each nurse gives a narrative of each of her patient's status, starting from admission to the current date, including any plan for future therapy. This one big thing I learned here different from other facilities I had worked in. It provides the opportunity for the me to get to know my patient very well, as well as looking at the patient from all aspect possible for optimal health outcome.
Very little management responsibility here since my terms was for a short period. I had great co-workers who were always ready to help.
Hardest part was waking up at 0430am to get ready to leave, so as to beat traffic and get to work on time. It was a long commute due to the distance.
I had a job to go to.
terrible
Pre-Certification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 3, 2015
It is not at all what I thought it would be. No growth or advancement opportunities.
Micro-management
favoritism
no raises
Easy Commute.
Unit Clerk - Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Very busy community, but for profit hospital. Mostly a lot of nursing home patients as well as homeless and pediatric cases.
Pros
Commute to home is short.
Cons
Parking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOBOKEN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

HOBOKEN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location