Hobsons Employee Reviews in United States

Benefits and culture
Student Success Coach (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2015
Every member of the team is a valued employee. The time off and insurance benefits are above average. Since the company contracts with other companies, job security was an issue
Pros
Time off and Insurance
Cons
Job Security and lack of opportunity
Wonderful place to work
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioApril 18, 2015
I started out at Hobsons as a temp that filled in during absenses (very short term stuff) but it was such a good fit that I ended up getting a full time position.

The culture here is great - you really get to feel connected to your coworkers and there are a lot of fun events like cook-offs thoughout the year and a beer cart on Fridays (the proceeds from these events goes towards our philanthropy).

I directly assist the executive team and a handful of VPs and they have been great to work with. Our leadership team really cares about education and helping students succeed.

The benefits are great - including a large number of PTO from the very beginning. We also have a casual dress code - you can wear jeans! It makes me feel a lot more comfortable during the day, it's a little thing but it makes me not count down the hours until I can go home and change.

I just can't say enough good things about this company. I love working here!
Pros
Philanthropic, leadership really cares about education, free lunches, fun events, comfortable environment, great people
Cons
Lots of changes going on
A very organized and driven company.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 5, 2015
My experience with Hobsons was overall great! I worked directly for the CFO and he was a great man that was personable as well as career driven.

The company allowed for their employees to balance their home and career life as seamless as possible, while providing clients with outstanding services.
a challenging yet supportive work environment
Front-End Support Analyst - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 11, 2014
In a typical work day, I would assign myself Project Tasks from the Front-End Development Services queue in Salesforce. I learned to handle large tasks and manage my time effectively. My coworkers and I would share our experiences and the good practices that we learned. The job proved to be most challenging in the peak period of July through August. The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal and professional satisfaction of having completed a task or case with the highest level of quality and client satisfaction possible. It was easily the most productive, supportive, and efficient work environment I have experienced.
Pros
free team-building lunches, supportive environment cultivated by management
Cons
being a temporary contract position, there were (understandably) no health benefits
College RA contract position.
Account Executive-Institutional Sales (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2014
Learned leasing and marketing strategies.
Hardest part of the job was managing multiple personalities of students going through growth phases.
Sr. Client Success Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 21, 2014
Hobsons is run like a family where they truly believe in the work life balance. They are very flexible in terms of schedules and the managers believe in a culture of individual growth.
self-motivating and productive day
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2014
I would make about 100 phones calls a day and then qualify the individuals helping them move on in the process if we both felt it was a good fit.
Don't screw up or you're fired
Student Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityFebruary 27, 2014
They claim that they're biggest asset is their employees, but the moment you doing something wrong you're fired. Goals are so rigorous and stringent that if you miss, then you're done. Management also doesn't mind doing everything in their power to make your job impossible, and remove opportunities from you.
Pros
you'll be hard pressed to find a better benefits plan with another company, and the amount pto they give you is incredible
Cons
poor management
N/a
Product Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 30, 2014
It's has a friendly atmosphere and the people are nice. Everybody is more then willing to help out. Management is outstanding very knowledgeable in every aspect of the company and the job that I do.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Benefits are awesome
Talent Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 9, 2013
Lots of type A personalities culture can be difficult to adjust to if you do not work for corporate. I enjoyed working with a lot of really smart people.
Passionate about Education
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2013
Enjoyable place to work, focused on meeting quarterly goals and developing new products and services for the future of Education.
Pros
relationships with co-workers
Cons
short-term focus
Big ideas, poor planning and management
Sales and Marketing dept (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 11, 2013
Hobsons has big plans for their products, always purchasing new partners and business acquisitions, but never integrates them well, leaving users with a bolted-on Frankenstein of a platform. Management is terrible. No strategy. Promotions aren't based on quality of work, but on tenure. A good place to work if you want fun perks and good location, but not if you're serious about your career.
Pros
nice office, good charity work opportunities, close to metro station
Cons
everything else.
Leading educations solution provider
District Client Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 5, 2013
Overall working at Hobsons has been a great experience. I learned sales and account management; however, the work life balance is challenging because of the work load.
Pros
great clients
Cons
work life balance
Good people to work with, not great people to hear from
Applicant Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 13, 2012
Working at Hobsons is great for the people you work with. Happy hours, lunches, hanging out outside of work is all feasible and fun to do. However if you work technical support then you will hear from a lot of unhappy people who have no problem calling you names or insulting your intelligence. If you can push past this then the rest is fine.
Pros
fun people, happy hours on the office, good location
Cons
if you're hourly you don't get benefits.