HOCKING COLLEGE Employee Reviews

okay
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hocking College and the interactions with students, I did not have faith that my job was secure and would be out of a job. This I think is due to poor upper management.
Pros
Time off and pay
Cons
Level of job security
Hocking College is an extremely fun and rewarding place to work.
Adjunct Art Instructor - Flame Worked Glass I (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHOctober 5, 2017
The students are awesome and the staff is supportive. Hocking College offers a very special environment for growth and learning. There are many opportunities to develop leadership skills and participate in campus activities.
Pros
Variety of campus opportunities.
Cons
Administrators can sometimes be slow to implement new programs.
Fast-Paced Production
Executive Director of Facilities and Land Mgt. (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHOctober 3, 2017
Extremely fast-paced with projects to complete in short periods of time. For the most part the employees are great to work with and try to balance out work and life.
Hocking College is awsome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHSeptember 7, 2017
My experience at Hocking College was great! The administrative staff help me in a lot of ways. They never let a question go unanswered. Probably the best experience I had hands down.
The people working at Hocking College are amazing people.
Student Employee, Arts and Science Dept (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHSeptember 4, 2017
There are amazing, generous people working there that make it an great place to work and I would be blessed to work there again. I treasure my time spent at Hocking College. There are some difficulties that need to be addressed. But it is the staff/faculty that make this a great place.
Pros
Lovely caring people
Cons
Overworked staff, top heavy management
Good Experience
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHAugust 9, 2017
Working within any university is a good experience, it helps creating an organizational structure that can be used throughout many work experiences...
Pretty great school for culinary
Culinary Student (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJuly 4, 2017
The professors here are amazing they are always there for you when you need them the most. Very friendly people, they make everyday worth getting up. Yiou get to learn so many amazing culinary technics that you can later use whether it be your personal life or to make a career out of it. Depemding on what you go for depends on your work day. Everyday is different from the day before.
Pros
You learn new thing every single day
Cons
Very challenging
Horrible place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJuly 4, 2017
The expectations weren't bad but the interoffice politics were unreal. It was worse than being in highschool. There was a lot of he said she said which interfered with the work needing to be done.
Satisfied
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJuly 3, 2017
I enjoy the people I work with, but the pay and the hours are far too little. I would like to have more hours and make more money while here at hocking college.
Flexible Hours, Free Fountain Drank's
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJune 14, 2017
Flexible Hours, Free Fountain Drank's, Interaction with Students, Great people to work around.........................................................
Great work environment
Temporary Enrollment Navigation Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville OhioJune 14, 2017
Employees are very professional and administration is very supportive. The institution is very student focused as they should be. Provides great value to our region.
Insecure place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OH 45764June 10, 2017
Unstable work environment, constant turnover in management, 3 presidents in 4 years and other management positions. Poor financial management of college resources contributes to constant fear of individual positions being eliminated and job requirements being changed.
Pros
Travel
Cons
As stated above.
Fun working environment
Marketing/Public Relations Photography Intern (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJune 9, 2017
Coming in I'd greet staff around and begin a new project (brochure, financial forms, flyers, etc.) or continue what I'd left off with. Communicating with the head of marketing assuring everything was going as planned or if changes were to be made. I sometimes had to juggle different projects at once while maintaining to deadlines and sending flyers or forms out to committees to be looked over before delivered to final print. Normally stayed fairly busy throughout the day.
Great Place to work while in college
Information Technology Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHMay 16, 2017
Worked well with my school schedule to make sure that I had the maximum allowed hours while still having time to participate in extracurricular activities
work summary
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHMay 7, 2017
A place to learn to build skills . flexible and a lot of changes. This was a good starting point to learn to build from overall has been an interesting time. Some days were better than others like any job. Overall was okay , Many different views of things and many levels of education are through the services. Culture is open to new ideas and thoughts . Overall felt was good to learn from and start here
Pros
new faculty
Cons
communication
Fun Working environment on a College campus
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hocking, OHFebruary 13, 2017
This job was a college job where I worked short hours. I worked with a team to create marketing campaigns for students around campus.
Wildlife Identification Tutor (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHDecember 14, 2016
Helping the students with their coursework and helping them succeed. I was also a great way to maintain my skills as well. It's rewarding seeing others succeed as well.
Problemas de administracion
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHNovember 3, 2016
Durante el tiempo que trabajé aquí hubo muchos problemas administrativos los se reflejaron en la gestión académicas de los facultativos en los distintos departamentos terminando así con el despido y restauración del rector (presidente) de la institución.
Pros
Ambiente grato y tranquilo.
Cons
Ningún beneficio por parte de la institución.
Instructor of Computer Programming
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, Oh 45764August 26, 2016
Enjoyed teaching classes in MS Office and Computer Programming, student work-study supervisor, student advisor, mentor for other faculty and staff.
Fun, interactive workplace with good intermediate management
Front Desk Associate/Weight Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Working on homework, can be stressful due to customer overload, fun people to work with on a typical day. I didn't learn a whole lot about work experience from this job. The management for my position is impeccable but the upper echelon of management such as the president was rather reckless and careless. My co-workers, for the most part, were good individuals. Some had responsibility and accountability issues because they had issues showing up for work. The hardest part of the job was the amount of people you might have to deal with at one point in time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you deal with day to day.
Pros
Good people and management, freedom to do homework, decent pay for a simple, non repetitive job.
Cons
No breaks while on shift