HOCKING COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Fulfilling
College instructor as an adjunct (Former Employee) –  I taught at the Perry campusOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with the college. The experience of teaching and then watching students go forward with the tools they needed to succeed was very fulfilling.
Pros
hours were great
Cons
New Management is causing the reputation of the college to suffer.
its an ok school
Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Lexington, OHSeptember 16, 2015
i have spent the last 1-3 years in hocking colleges heavy equipment program and picked up alot of good information on my chosen career field
workplace in constant turmoil due to lack of managemnet
Instructor, Heavy Equipment Classes, Perry Campus (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville OhSeptember 7, 2015
The only good thing about Hocking College was the benefits and the c0-workers. Management couldn't make a decision if their life depended on it.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
lack of support from management.
My cow-workers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Lexington, OHJune 22, 2015
The co-workers i worked with at hocking college was really helpful and nice to go out there way to help me when i was stuck on something i didn't know what to do.
Productive workplace with a great staff.
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJune 10, 2015
Productive workplace with a great staff. I learned how to manage and plan the intramural sports program. Created my own bracket style video game tournament that was a huge success.
transcript cooridnaroe
Transcript Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHMarch 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Hocking College worked with students daily. mailed out transcripts over seen all students files registred students into class, I worked with a great bunch of ladies we helped each other out when needed I could count on t hem anytime,
An Excellent way to make money while in school.
Student (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Through tutoring at the college, I was able to meet a whole host of interesting people and discuss the academics in depth that I Really enjoyed learning about. It was Managed by the school poorly and there was no incentive for students to be tutored. But I made the best of it and took the liberty to post my information around the school so that students could find me if they wanted to. It was a good way to spend doing my own homework and excellent way to learn, as they say teaching is the best way to learn.
Pros
good opportunity and always interesing, able to set my own hours
Cons
low pay, poor organization
Easy Place to Work
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Nelsonvile, OhioFebruary 14, 2015
Make sure other students are following the rules if not enforce them. Fun and easy job. Coworkers are your classmates.Nice group of people.
Pros
work around class schedule.
Cons
only allow you to work 16 hours a week.
Great students, administration problems currently
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Many wonderful students, excellent colleagues. Administration - poorly managed admissions and structures within the college, leading to downsizing and restructuring. This was not handled in a professional or respectful way. Ultimately, it hurts students and their ability to get classes and have the best instructors.
Pros
helping students succeed
Cons
constantly changing policies, adding more work for staff, confusing students
fast pace working enviroment
Nursing Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHDecember 8, 2014
You must be able to do other duties as assigned and assist students in every way possible.
Pros
2 week christmas break
Cons
you must use your vacation time to get paid for this break
Decent Environement
Residential Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHNovember 17, 2014
I perform daily office hours, interact with the students and handle the day to day operations of the building. Through my time with the institution, I have learned to be a better supervisor. I supervise eight staff members under me, that reside in the residence hall. I have two fellow Hall Directors that I work closely with, in regards to judicial hearings, programming for students and all things in regards to the buildings. The hardest part of this position is adjusting to the live-in aspect and having restrictions placed on me, such as weekends I can leave, when I have to be back on campus. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I am making a positive difference in the futures of the students that I oversee.
good job for a full time student
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHNovember 4, 2014
Basic lifeguarding job. Strictly for students. It is a good job to have since it is on campus but the pay and the hours are not enough.

It was one of the easiest jobs I have ever had and probably ever will have. The people I worked with were awesome and management was very easy to get along with. I have had good memories working there.
Pros
easy going, people you meet, free gym access
Cons
poor pay, not enough hours, no benefits
Great place with home like atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHSeptember 30, 2014
I had to go in and fill out student information on Excel spreadsheets and have it ready for student package pickup. Students came in to pick up packages, I had to have them sign forms and prove their identity. I dealt with heavy lifting of packages and mail deliveries. My co-workers and managers where great and I will miss working there.
Pros
great atmosphere, managers, flexible hours
Cons
low pay, not permanent, low amount of maximum hours (15 a week)
Good student job
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OhioAugust 12, 2014
Works around classes. No late hours and treated well. Poor pay.
Hocking College is a fun campus
Culinary Arts Student (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHJune 2, 2014
It's very fun to be a student at Hocking. Smart start is one of my most memorable weeks of my life! It includes horseback riding, swimming, dancing, and so much more! The classes are considerable and the teachers are nice.
Pros
smart start, education
Successfully manage and sustain living and educational success of dorm life.
Resident Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHMay 27, 2014
-Caring for the needs of those around me.
-Working closely with co-workers and residents.
-Crisis management.
Pros
discounted resident living. the ability to socialize with peers while helping them academically.
Quiet place to study and work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHMarch 19, 2014
A typical day in the library at Hocking college is assisting students either with checking booking in and out, finding certain books on the shelves or with the computers. I kept a clean work area and would go around the library to straighten up the tables and computer areas. I would also scan the poplar sections the shelves to make sure the books were in proper order for the convenience of the students when they searched for books. When all work was caught up I was able to work on homework. I answered the phone and would try to answer any questions that the caller may have. If the person they were calling for was not available I would write down their message. If I didn't know the answer to their question I would ask. At the end of the day my co-worker and I would go around the library to make sure everything was in proper order and clean up any messes left behind from students. I would shelve any books that needed to be place back on the shelves and wipe down tables and push in chairs. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and there was never any hard parts to this job.
Pros
relaxed enviornment, able to do homework, work experience
Cons
not many hours available
Audio is life.
Studio Manager, Washington Hall Recording Studios (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHFebruary 16, 2014
Audio has been my life for the last 2 years. My success academically has given me the opportunity to fulfill this position as a student employee. Responsibilities include overseeing the studio schedules, responding to emails, assisting students with various recording and mixing projects, day-to-day maintenance, and reporting to program directors.
being used with the name of giving experience.
Computer Technician/Network Support (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHSeptember 8, 2013
I were being used with the name of giving experience. The money is enough to feed my self and pay the rent. For one years I gained some experience. Their reference are excellent. I were working more than what they paid. My boss were making $300000.00 at the time. She did not do nothing compare to me.
Pros
they were nice with me because i were a internationa student.
Cons
hard to work with home sick.
I was a supervisor for the Student Recreational Building at Hocking College
Student Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHAugust 15, 2013
Typical day
-Maintain workflow of staff
-run daily function (ceremonies, presentations, events etc.)
-run cash register
-operate front desk (check student id's)
-help the clients and students
-problem solve when issues came up