HOCKING COLLEGE

HOCKING COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with a great staff.
Internship Experience (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHJune 10, 2015
Productive workplace with a great staff. I learned how to manage and plan the intramural sports program. Created my own bracket style video game tournament that was a huge success.
transcript cooridnaroe
Transcript Coordinator (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHMarch 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Hocking College worked with students daily. mailed out transcripts over seen all students files registred students into class, I worked with a great bunch of ladies we helped each other out when needed I could count on t hem anytime,
An Excellent way to make money while in school.
Student (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good opportunity and always interesing, able to set my own hours
Cons: low pay, poor organization
Through tutoring at the college, I was able to meet a whole host of interesting people and discuss the academics in depth that I Really enjoyed learning about. It was Managed by the school poorly and there was no incentive for students to be tutored. But I made the best of it and took the liberty to post my information around the school so that students could find me if they wanted to. It was a good way to spend doing my own homework and excellent way to learn, as they say teaching is the best way to learn.
Easy Place to Work
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee), Nelsonvile, OhioFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: work around class schedule.
Cons: only allow you to work 16 hours a week.
Make sure other students are following the rules if not enforce them. Fun and easy job. Coworkers are your classmates.Nice group of people.
Great students, administration problems currently
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: helping students succeed
Cons: constantly changing policies, adding more work for staff, confusing students
Many wonderful students, excellent colleagues. Administration - poorly managed admissions and structures within the college, leading to downsizing and restructuring. This was not handled in a professional or respectful way. Ultimately, it hurts students and their ability to get classes and have the best instructors.
fast pace working enviroment
Nursing Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHDecember 8, 2014
Pros: 2 week christmas break
Cons: you must use your vacation time to get paid for this break
You must be able to do other duties as assigned and assist students in every way possible.
Decent Environement
Residential Hall Director (Current Employee), Nelsonville, OHNovember 17, 2014
I perform daily office hours, interact with the students and handle the day to day operations of the building. Through my time with the institution, I have learned to be a better supervisor. I supervise eight staff members under me, that reside in the residence hall. I have two fellow Hall Directors that I work closely with, in regards to judicial hearings, programming for students and all things in regards to the buildings. The hardest part of this position is adjusting to the live-in aspect and having restrictions placed on me, such as weekends I can leave, when I have to be back on campus. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I am making a positive difference in the futures of the students that I oversee.
good job for a full time student
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: easy going, people you meet, free gym access
Cons: poor pay, not enough hours, no benefits
Basic lifeguarding job. Strictly for students. It is a good job to have since it is on campus but the pay and the hours are not enough.

It was one of the easiest jobs I have ever had and probably ever will have. The people I worked with were awesome and management was very easy to get along with. I have had good memories working there.
Great place with home like atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, managers, flexible hours
Cons: low pay, not permanent, low amount of maximum hours (15 a week)
I had to go in and fill out student information on Excel spreadsheets and have it ready for student package pickup. Students came in to pick up packages, I had to have them sign forms and prove their identity. I dealt with heavy lifting of packages and mail deliveries. My co-workers and managers where great and I will miss working there.
Good student job
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OhioAugust 12, 2014
Works around classes. No late hours and treated well. Poor pay.
Hocking College is a fun campus
Culinary Arts Student (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHJune 2, 2014
Pros: smart start, education
It's very fun to be a student at Hocking. Smart start is one of my most memorable weeks of my life! It includes horseback riding, swimming, dancing, and so much more! The classes are considerable and the teachers are nice.
Successfully manage and sustain living and educational success of dorm life.
Resident Success Manager (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: discounted resident living. the ability to socialize with peers while helping them academically.
-Caring for the needs of those around me.
-Working closely with co-workers and residents.
-Crisis management.
Quiet place to study and work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: relaxed enviornment, able to do homework, work experience
Cons: not many hours available
A typical day in the library at Hocking college is assisting students either with checking booking in and out, finding certain books on the shelves or with the computers. I kept a clean work area and would go around the library to straighten up the tables and computer areas. I would also scan the poplar sections the shelves to make sure the books were in proper order for the convenience of the students when they searched for books. When all work was caught up I was able to work on homework. I answered the phone and would try to answer any questions that the caller may have. If the person they were calling for was not available I would write down their message. If I didn't know the answer to their question I would ask. At the end of the day my co-worker and I would go around the library to make sure everything was in proper order and clean up any messes left behind from students. I would shelve any books that needed to be place back on the shelves and wipe down tables and push in chairs. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and there was never any hard parts to this job.
Audio is life.
Studio Manager, Washington Hall Recording Studios (Current Employee), Nelsonville, OHFebruary 16, 2014
Audio has been my life for the last 2 years. My success academically has given me the opportunity to fulfill this position as a student employee. Responsibilities include overseeing the studio schedules, responding to emails, assisting students with various recording and mixing projects, day-to-day maintenance, and reporting to program directors.
Great laid back work environment in a beautiful setting
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Nelsonville, OHOctober 7, 2013
Pros: positive experiential learning environment
Cons: high turnover of employees
Helping students overcome hurdles and move toward achieving a degree is a positive way to spend the day. We have great student Mentors who also tutor for the program and I enjoy helping them find their strengths.
being used with the name of giving experience.
Computer Technician/Network Support (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: they were nice with me because i were a internationa student.
Cons: hard to work with home sick.
I were being used with the name of giving experience. The money is enough to feed my self and pay the rent. For one years I gained some experience. Their reference are excellent. I were working more than what they paid. My boss were making $300000.00 at the time. She did not do nothing compare to me.
I was a supervisor for the Student Recreational Building at Hocking College
Student Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHAugust 15, 2013
Typical day
-Maintain workflow of staff
-run daily function (ceremonies, presentations, events etc.)
-run cash register
-operate front desk (check student id's)
-help the clients and students
-problem solve when issues came up
Productive and fun workplace.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), Nelsonville, OHJuly 8, 2013
Hocking College is a great place to work and attend school, I would gladly suggest it to anybody.
Good Place
Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee), OhioFebruary 12, 2013
At Penske I coordinated a fleet of 150+ local vehicles including scheduling rentals with both commercial and residential customers, as well as scheduling regular maintenance with our service department. I also dealt with any customer service issues as well as participating in a regular on call rotation to dispatch vehicles for breakdown.
Life-long career workplace
SEVP Coordinator - International Student Advisor (Current Employee), Nelsonville, OHOctober 31, 2012
Pros: the students, foreign embassies, and government regulations!
Cons: nothing!
13 years interacting with international with students on a daily basis. Trouble shooting and critical thinking skills are paramount. Self starter and minimally supervised. Enjoy the diversity the international office offers and the day to day problem solving to facilitate the students success.Goal-driven, forward thinker, and team player.