Hodges Trucking Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great company with a family core value
Warehouse Supervisor / Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 19, 2012
After being layed off of my last job, I came to Hodges with no expirence in the trucking field and with the help of management I was able to go from sweeping floors to shop manager and then warehouse supervisor in 30days. I was able to apply my skills that I obtained from almost 20 years of management, to Hodges Trucking.
After 4 months of revamping the inventory and ordering of machine parts, I was able to cut previouse cost down 230% and implement a proper tracking program for cost effective spending and inventory control. The latest of my employment has been building a warehouse business that the company was trying to get off the ground for 2 years. 30 days after the plan started we had our first customer and continuing success. Daily I hear employees mention "I may not make a lot here, but the owner is so good to us." I can not agree more. He is family orientated and his door is always open for sujestions and a friendly ear.I enjoy my employment at Hodges Trucking, I am able to be home with my family at night and I am always treated with respect.
Pros
home at night with the family, ability to grow with the company
Cons
low payrate, no insurance