SUMMARY OF PRIMARY FUNCTION
Self-motivated, resourceful, hands-on Human Resources professional who can manage simultaneous projects in a demanding but rewarding organization. The individual must have exceptional organizational skills, must be approachable and must work collaboratively with internal and external team. The ideal candidate will be providing insight and support on HR issues for the Hoerbiger Staff. Site responsibility for recruitment, development, safety, employee relations and compensation. Administers existing policies and works within existing procedures for carrying out high-quality detail oriented work. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and possess the ability to perform under stressful situations.
- Manages recruitment process including external and internal selections.
- Process new hires / terminations; respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all new hire, medical, and current and terminated employee data and files.
- For assigned open positions, perform recruitment related activities including placing ads, sourcing and reviewing resumes, screening candidates and interviewing.
- Create and generate a variety of reports for internal consumption, for communication to parent company and for various regulatory purposes.
- Responsible for all training programs.
- Manages and reports all HR metrics via the company BSC program.
- Responsible for Workers Compensation program and OSHA reporting.
- Administer Company communication program including new hire postings, new hire orientation, internal job opportunity program, employee referral program, etc.
- Leads plant safety committee program.
- Conducts on-site training workshops.
SKILLS AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
- Drive for Results
- Solid Problem Solving methodology and demonstrated skill
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Strong communication/presentation skills
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION LEVEL, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or business. Advance degree preferred.
- 3 years of Human Resources experience working in a Manufacturing environment and 1-2 years of managerial experience.
- Strong continuous improvement background with an understanding of Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Lean processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The successful candidate should be driven by the principles of continuous improvement.
- Basic understanding of regulations and laws affecting Human Resources