Hoffman Car Wash Employee Reviews

Fun first job
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 27, 2013
I started at Hoffman Carwash in August 2006 as a 16 year old who loved cars. Being able to drive such a wide array of cars at such a young age was originally what drove me to apply. I began to really enjoy my job as well as the employees who some of which became friends for life. As time went on I was promoted to Service Adviser which is a salary plus commission sales job that rewards you the harder you work to upsell different services. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the rejection of up sells day after day and maintaining a positive out look. While my numbers were still superb week to week, it was tough at times to stay motivated. The most enjoyable part of my job was becoming friendly with so many consistent customers who come in every week.
Over the course of my time there I learned a lot about responsibility, motivation, and hard work. I have enjoyed my 7 years at Hoffman Carwash and would do it all over again if I could.
Average-Positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 12, 2012
-A typical day at work included customer service, sales, cashiering, administrative duties such as daily checkout paperwork, cleaning and stocking
-I learned how to provide better customer service
-The management could have been better, but it was decent at least
-The hardest part of the job was juggling a variety of tasks at once, though it was always managable and I always did so without becoming flustered.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours were cut because of weather often; no room for advancement
Fast paced work enviorment
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 21, 2014
Washing cars down with pressure washer, Pre-soaking cars for car wash, running car wash, Interior detailing, vacuum car interiors, throwing out garbage's, sweeping, mopping.

Good co-workers

Good Management

Most enjoyable part of the job was Cleaning/Detailing cars.
Pros
fast paced work environment
Cons
pay wasn't good
Dictatorship
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 23, 2013
Too many authority figures (6 managers and god only knows how many supervisors) One person will teach you something one way and then you'll get yelled at by someone else and get retaught. DO NOT APPLY
Pros
playing with a hose
Cons
everything else
Plan on getting wet and dirty
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYAugust 12, 2012
We typically just wash cars every now and then we do general janitorial work around the property.
Pros
you can wear shorts and sneakers during the summer!
Cons
benefits, steady income
Okay place to work for
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 12, 2013
Able to work outside and have great co-workers while working around my other jobs