Hoffmann - La Roche Inc.

Hoffmann - La Roche Inc. Employer Reviews

best pharmaceutical company to work for
Senior Associate - Large Molecule Bioanalytics (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJuly 2, 2014
its been great experience as well as learning opportunity while being with Hoffman la roche. it's been like a second home as well as corporate hub of rules and regulations when it comes to Research, development under GLP/GCP guidelines.
OK
Compensation Manager (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJune 9, 2014
It's a good company to work for. Good benefits, good working environment.
productive and fun place to work and great co-workers
Sr. Process Technician - Pilot Plant Kilo Lab (Former Employee), Nutley, NJApril 24, 2014
Pros: location was close to home
Cons: there where none
Each day was a productive day and learned more about the API's that we produced every day. Had no problems with management and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Very good company
IT Director, Research Informatics Business Office (Former Employee), Nutley, NJApril 12, 2014
Working at this company has been a positive experience. From my experience they have compensated employees far better than other employers.
Great place to work.
SENIOR PROCESS & TRAINING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Nutley, NJMarch 19, 2014
There are no two days alike. Some days are filled with prepping for upcoming trainings, i.e. material development, handling of logistics, etc. Other days are filled with tracking trainings, preparing essential feedback of trainings, etc. There are dye were no trainings are taking place and the duties of the Learning management system are handled, i.e. – more... - creating & managing all learning modules in the system and troubleshooting all departmental issues within program. – less
Senior IT Lead Analyst - Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 21, 2014
When Roche was in Nutley, it was a great place to work. If you get a chance to work for them, I recommend it.
company made of dedicated, highly self moitvated employees
Service Provider Coordinator - IT Lead Analyst (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: was treated well; good culture
Cons: years of re-structuring and layoffs
The job was always challenging and exciting. I was never doing the same thing every day. The people were mostly very dedicated, highly motivated and team oriented. Most people would help each other out and work together.
The hardest part of my job was meeting the aggressive timeframes to get projects done with limited budget.
The best part of my job – more... was interacting with different people both within the company and external vendors. – less
Roche was a wonderful place to work and I am very disappointed with the decision to close the site.
Compliance Manager /Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Roche was a wonderful place to work. The department that I worked in was known for having great team effort in all the projects that were given to us. My job as Compliance Manager was to make sure everyone in the department was trained and that their procedures and documentation were compliant with all necessary regulations (GLP, FDA, Safety). My work – more... was challenging and the hardest part of my job was to try to keep to the 100% compliant level. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers on projects. We worked as a team to get the project done and also enjoyed each other along the way. – less
Excellent Company enjoyed every moment working for Roche.
Print Manager/Procurement (Former Employee), Nutley, NJNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great work place people, benefits, and successful environment.
Cons: nutley, new jersey campus is closing.
Supported Global Clinical Study Groups, Marketing Managers, and Brand Teams with (graphic and print) media management services, including developing budgets for external agencies; providing teams with quotes/estimates; developing product specifications, schedules, inventory management and requisitioning.

Responsible for vendor qualifications, sourcing – more... strategies and print procurement in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. – less
Typical Day
Senior Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Nutley, NJNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment with an open door policy
Cons: communication gaps
Checking my computer for emails and meetings, followed by a toasted bagel and a cup of tea. Then I get down to work. I am scoping how my procurement (purchasing, contract management, and supplier management) should look today. The culture/work environment is tremendous. The people are hard working and respectful. Hardest part of the job I would say – more... is learning about the different categories. I’ve gone from buying raw materials to just about anything. I love the challenge, the people, and the fact that what my organisation does is visible. I find it rewarding to see something that I have created or purchased being used. – less
A great place to work
Scheduling Administrato (Former Employee), Clifton, NJOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free breakfast/lunches and siminars on new medicines being made
Cons: laid off
My day consists of scheduling appointments for computers to be upgraded for new software for employees. I learned how to upgrade software in the IT department, now I have the knowledge that I didn't have before. Management was very helpful and mindful to your needs in the work place. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was – more... that the position/department was eliminated. The most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to work there. – less
Programming Experience
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Nutley, New JerseySeptember 12, 2013
Working at Roche was a great experience because I got hired when I just graduated from college so it was my first real job.
Excellent corporate experience
Business Coordinator (Former Employee), Nutley, New JerseySeptember 11, 2013
Pros: unlimited opportunities to succeed
Cons: company location in new jersey closing
Worked with a fabulous and diverse team that truly understood what 'teamwork' was all about.

Each day was different, challenging and satisfying.
Productive place to work
Research Associate in the Respiratory Group (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJuly 12, 2013
Opportunities for growth were always offered. California site was excellent, with friendly people. Site was family oriented
Hoffmann-La Roche has a history of slow responses to environmental changes.
Associate Principal Scientist, DMPK (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJuly 6, 2013
Pros: some good benefits such as onsite child care etc.
Cons: healthcare plan has been watered down over the years
Whether it be technology implementations or capital investments in disease areas Hoffmann-La Roche has always been too conservative when it came to change. They were always the last of the large pharma companies to adopt new ideas.
Innovative and enjoyable workplace to work with professional people.
Administrator Assistant - Facilities Planning (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJuly 6, 2013
Pros: good benefits, fitness center, learning center, nice work environment
Cons: facility closing
Innovative and enjoyable workplace to work with professional people. At the time there was opportunity to learn other jobs and advance to more challenging positions. Unfortunately a decision was made to close the facility and all those opportunities were lost.
Productive and fun working place
Research Leader (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJune 28, 2013
My day typically starts from reading articles/papers related to my field and then doing lab work, having meetings/discussion with coworkers...
Great place to learn new skills
Clinical Sample Coordinator (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJune 15, 2013
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: nepotism is rife.
• Performed all duties in a BLS2 lab associated with effective collection, shipment, receipt, processing and transfer to and from analytical facilities of biological Hepatitis A, B, C and tissue samples for multiple national and international clinical trials .
• Ensured timely retrieval and shipment of specimens as per protocol; including corresponding – more... print and electronic manifests.
• Collection, cataloging, and maintenance of biological specimens according to GCP, GLP, FDA guidelines, and Company SOP’s.
• Database production and management. Manually and electronically accessioning biological samples using specialized data management systems.
• Supplied information to clinical trial sites on behalf of Pharma Development.
• Supported clinical study teams by answering their questions, writing status reports, providing technical assistance on effective use of SamSys (sample repository and pharmacokinetic sample tracking system), advising on shipping regulations governing biological samples and providing quarterly sample and supply audits.
• Trained and supervised assistants. – less
Excellent Professional team.
Facilities & Utilities Lead Improver (Current Employee), Ponce, PRJune 6, 2013
Pros: interesting workplace.
Cons: change control contrains.
Team satisfaction of milestones results. Incredible Inovation culture.
Business core values.
Great place to work - wish the Nutley Site was not closing!
Facilities Management & Engineering (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJune 5, 2013
Dedicated Senior Executive Assistant with over 25 years experience. Dealt with Senior Management and many different personality types. Enjoyed my daily job duties (see resume). Overall, Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. was a great place to work and when they decided to close their Nutley Facility they really treated their employees in the best possible way.

1 2 3