Hoffmann - La Roche Inc. Employee Reviews

Working at Hoffmann-La Roche
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJMarch 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers. We worked as a team. We get the job done. During the first week of month, e had to close the book for the previous month. If someone was having a problem, we all help them out.
Pros
team work
Cons
No longer work there
Great experience and gained knowledge
Safety Responsible/Medical manager (Former Employee) –  Roche, ArmeniaApril 17, 2015
-Maintains oversight of safety risk management and all other pharmacovigilance (PV) activities and ensures PV compliance and inspection readiness across all affiliate functions.
-Management of Individual Case Safety Report (ICSR) from all relevant sources
-Oversight of Risk Management Plan Implementation
-Ensure that safety queries, other significant safety issues and, if applicable, local/global crisis management are performed according to global Roche and local regulatory authority requirements.
Family Oriented Work Culture
Corporate Childcare Toddler Intermediate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJFebruary 26, 2015
A great company to work for with a friendly atmosphere. Very professional and informative. Learned to compile and analyze information that was gathered. My department was a team and had great team players.
Pros
free lunches, flexible
Cons
staying late and past your regular hours.
Good place
Senior Associate/ Busines Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJAugust 3, 2014
Good place to work. One progresses and enjoys being part of work family
best pharmaceutical company to work for
Senior Associate - Large Molecule Bioanalytics (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJuly 2, 2014
its been great experience as well as learning opportunity while being with Hoffman la roche. it's been like a second home as well as corporate hub of rules and regulations when it comes to Research, development under GLP/GCP guidelines.
Ok
Compensation Manager (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 9, 2014
It's a good company to work for. Good benefits, good working environment.
productive and fun place to work and great co-workers
Sr. Process Technician - Pilot Plant Kilo Lab (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJApril 24, 2014
Each day was a productive day and learned more about the API's that we produced every day. Had no problems with management and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
location was close to home
Cons
there where none
Very good company
IT Director, Research Informatics Business Office (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJApril 12, 2014
Working at this company has been a positive experience. From my experience they have compensated employees far better than other employers.
Great place to work.
SENIOR PROCESS & TRAINING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJMarch 19, 2014
There are no two days alike. Some days are filled with prepping for upcoming trainings, i.e. material development, handling of logistics, etc. Other days are filled with tracking trainings, preparing essential feedback of trainings, etc. There are dye were no trainings are taking place and the duties of the Learning management system are handled, i.e. - creating & managing all learning modules in the system and troubleshooting all departmental issues within program.
Senior IT Lead Analyst - Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nutley, NJJanuary 21, 2014
When Roche was in Nutley, it was a great place to work. If you get a chance to work for them, I recommend it.
company made of dedicated, highly self moitvated employees
Service Provider Coordinator - IT Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJanuary 17, 2014
The job was always challenging and exciting. I was never doing the same thing every day. The people were mostly very dedicated, highly motivated and team oriented. Most people would help each other out and work together.
The hardest part of my job was meeting the aggressive timeframes to get projects done with limited budget.
The best part of my job was interacting with different people both within the company and external vendors.
Pros
was treated well; good culture
Cons
years of re-structuring and layoffs
Roche was a wonderful place to work and I am very disappointed with the decision to close the site.
Compliance Manager /Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Nutley, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Roche was a wonderful place to work. The department that I worked in was known for having great team effort in all the projects that were given to us. My job as Compliance Manager was to make sure everyone in the department was trained and that their procedures and documentation were compliant with all necessary regulations (GLP, FDA, Safety). My work was challenging and the hardest part of my job was to try to keep to the 100% compliant level. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers on projects. We worked as a team to get the project done and also enjoyed each other along the way.
Excellent Company enjoyed every moment working for Roche.
Print Manager/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJNovember 8, 2013
Supported Global Clinical Study Groups, Marketing Managers, and Brand Teams with (graphic and print) media management services, including developing budgets for external agencies; providing teams with quotes/estimates; developing product specifications, schedules, inventory management and requisitioning.

Responsible for vendor qualifications, sourcing strategies and print procurement in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
Pros
great work place people, benefits, and successful environment.
Cons
nutley, new jersey campus is closing.
Typical Day
Senior Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nutley, NJNovember 5, 2013
Checking my computer for emails and meetings, followed by a toasted bagel and a cup of tea. Then I get down to work. I am scoping how my procurement (purchasing, contract management, and supplier management) should look today. The culture/work environment is tremendous. The people are hard working and respectful. Hardest part of the job I would say is learning about the different categories. I’ve gone from buying raw materials to just about anything. I love the challenge, the people, and the fact that what my organisation does is visible. I find it rewarding to see something that I have created or purchased being used.
Pros
great work environment with an open door policy
Cons
communication gaps
A great place to work
Scheduling Administrato (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 28, 2013
My day consists of scheduling appointments for computers to be upgraded for new software for employees. I learned how to upgrade software in the IT department, now I have the knowledge that I didn't have before. Management was very helpful and mindful to your needs in the work place. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was that the position/department was eliminated. The most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to work there.
Pros
free breakfast/lunches and siminars on new medicines being made
Cons
laid off
Programming Experience
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nutley, New JerseySeptember 12, 2013
Working at Roche was a great experience because I got hired when I just graduated from college so it was my first real job.
Excellent corporate experience
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nutley, New JerseySeptember 11, 2013
Worked with a fabulous and diverse team that truly understood what 'teamwork' was all about.

Each day was different, challenging and satisfying.
Pros
unlimited opportunities to succeed
Cons
company location in new jersey closing
Productive place to work
Research Associate in the Respiratory Group (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJuly 12, 2013
Opportunities for growth were always offered. California site was excellent, with friendly people. Site was family oriented
Hoffmann-La Roche has a history of slow responses to environmental changes.
Associate Principal Scientist, DMPK (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJuly 6, 2013
Whether it be technology implementations or capital investments in disease areas Hoffmann-La Roche has always been too conservative when it came to change. They were always the last of the large pharma companies to adopt new ideas.
Pros
some good benefits such as onsite child care etc.
Cons
healthcare plan has been watered down over the years
Innovative and enjoyable workplace to work with professional people.
Administrator Assistant - Facilities Planning (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJuly 6, 2013
Innovative and enjoyable workplace to work with professional people. At the time there was opportunity to learn other jobs and advance to more challenging positions. Unfortunately a decision was made to close the facility and all those opportunities were lost.
Pros
good benefits, fitness center, learning center, nice work environment
Cons
facility closing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoffmann - La Roche Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5