Hogan Lovells US LLP Employee Reviews

Top Tier International Law Firm
Counsel (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2017
An amazing place to work and pursue an international legal career. We help our clients solve their most challenging legal and business issues. Colleagues include the top lawyers around the world.
Okay place to work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2016
A typical day at work involved covering up to 7 attorneys and whatever else was put on you that day. There was always work to be done or something to learn.
I learned you can do more than you think you can if you apply yourself.
Management could use a facelift.
I truly enjoyed my co-workers. They always pitched in to help.
The hardest part was making 7 attorneys feel as if they were the most important person that you were working for each day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were all working together for the common good of the company and getting the job done and out the door with a win. I enjoyed knowing what was going on and being informed of their expectations for the day.
They kept up with the latest technology and had a great IT Department that came to your desk to help as well as offer training classes.
Get things done
Accounts Receivable Assistant- Accounting/Finance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2015
• A typical day at work- most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for projects, prepare cash report, present to executives, partners, accounts payable and collections department to identify issues, client requirements, and key stakeholders to ensure transactions are accounted for in accordance with established company policies, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• What I learned- to be rigorous, positive, problem solver, persistent, adaptable and detail oriented.
• Management- very organized
• Co-workers- dynamic
• Most enjoyable part- learning new things
Client-focused position
Attorney (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work involves multitasking between attending court appearances, drafting motions and responding to client inquiries.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Managing workload
Good work environment but management isn't the best
Patent and Docket Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 4, 2014
Learned a lot at the firm, but management is not completely honest with workers about changes happening within the office.
Large firm with some problems in difficult economy.
Legal assistant, complex civil litigation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2014
Difficult job, some difficult personalities. I stayed with them too long.
Pros
Basic benefits.
Great firm to start your legal career
Intellectual Property Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2013
Hogan Lovells provides a global platform that offers superior exposure and opportunities to lawyers who have the resilience, patience, and drive to achieve more.
Pros
Friendly colleagues and great hours
Cons
Bureaucratic
Challenging work
Senior Paralegal - Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  New York CityApril 3, 2013
Working at Hogan Lovells was a challenge. Each matter brought a diversity that it leveraged my skills and experience so that I can assist counsel in achieving a positive outcome for the client.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogan Lovells US LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6