Hogan Lovells Employee Reviews in United States

Overall a decent place to work, but...
Attorney Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
Working at Hogan Lovells is largely similar to working for any major law firm. The DC office is a large, busy office, and there are opportunities to support lawyers from many different practice groups. Benefits and salary are also comparable. The DC office is centrally located (right above Metro Center) and is in the middle of a modern, well-designed renovation. Largely, the attorneys are polite, respectful and generally appreciative of good work.

However, as an assistant, there is virtually no opportunity for advancement. If you are skilled and capable, you will often be "asked" to take on extra work (and it is strongly implied that you should not refuse) without any additional compensation or even informal recognition. Both attorneys and management tend to treat assistants as expendable and non-essential. Other departments often expect attorney assistants to handle their overflow work, and many firm processes (especially billing) are outdated.
Pros
Central location, competitive salary and benefits, some flexibility with working hours, company-subsidized cafeteria
Cons
Slow leave accrual, annual leave cap, unrealistic workloads, little to no interdepartmental cooperation
Fast paced workplace with focus on work product
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2016
Fast paced workplace with focus on work product. Attorneys spend a lot of time in the office; work-life balance is poor.
Great office environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2015
Hogan Lovells is a great place to work. They really put a lot of effort into helping you learn new skills and expanding your job role. There is a lot of growth potential here as well.
Easily adaptable workplace
Attorney Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
I learned how to enter and edit expense reports, time entries for timekeepers, produced and proofread engagement letters, invoices, and proformas. I managed expense reports, both paper and electronically. I handled all scheduling and up keep of timekeepers calendars through Outlook. Produced and entered conflict reports, arranged traveling, and scheduled meetings.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Micromanagement, no flex time, limited overtime
3 star rating
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2015
It is a fairly good company to work for if you work directly for Hogan. As a contract worker through Xerox I didn't see many benefits of working there.
Pros
free lunch when working overtime
Cons
No benefits
A firm way above the rest in all aspects to work for!
Word Processor, Floating Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2012
Busy and productive. Always an opportunity to learn more especially if you communicated your desire. Management was always supportive, understanding and fair within the firm's rules and regulations. An outstanding coworker rapport in which everyone was always more than willing or out right offered to help another. The hardest part of the job could frequently be meeting multiple deadlines at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratitude shown when deadlines were met, acknowledgement of your efforts and, when time allowed, sharing a good laugh with superiors and coworkers.
Pros
consistency in keeping all office technical equipment up to date!
Cons
none.
Hard work but great!
Library (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2015
This is a no nonsense place and I loved it. The work is quick and stimulating, it never ends so you are always busy. The DC office is really nice and the people are all really professional. I learned a lot here and made great, long lasting connections and friendships.
Friendly environment, central locations
Expense Report Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2014
The location of Hogan Lovells is perfect for commuter employees. The environment is very relaxed and friendly. I have learned a lot in the short period of time, Management is relax and friendly. The hardest part about the job is getting others to understand the policies in place.
I thoroughly loved working here.
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2014
The staff I worked with were a wonderful team of people....Not only did I enjoy the staff, but the employees of Hogan were outstanding. I enjoyed my job and looked forward to coming to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
micr-omanaged
Professional Enviroment
IT Manager / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Typical work day includes new and exciting challenges with friendly and family-like co-workers and management.
Pros
learning enviroment
An informative place where you can network with various people.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2013
I learned a lot with my time here and I am still learning. Unfortunately the window for advancement in my particular field was not very wide. Enjoyed meeting new people and the opportunity to interact and gain knowledge to further better myself.
A growing company, where proven decision-making and technical abilities will be used to improve organizational productivity.
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2012
Hogan Lovells is an interesting place to work at. I have acquired a lot of networking as I serve many Lawyers who appreciate and cherish my work.
My Co-Worker is also very interesting and informative about IT. I have learned a lot from him as far as IT is concern.
The hardest part of my job is to have to serve over 550 employees in the firm when my c0-worker is on holiday
I also enjoy doing that I am intend given enough room to acquire skills and growth
Pros
flexible environment
Cons
long commute
Productive workplace
Facilities Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
Work Varies day-to-day
Great co-workers
Good managers
Communication is sometimes not always clear
Enjoy dealing with my patrons