Hogan Transport Employee Reviews in United States

Too Much work and not enough pay.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2016
I drove long hours and was not compensated well. I did not receive the amount of money the promise to pay me. Poor communication with management. I had an accident.
Pay not worth the travel
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2015
I disappointed in the salary from Hogan Transport. The pay is not that great. Too many faulty trucks. Computers didn't work properly.
Dont work Here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2015
As a truck driver you expect to not be lied to and for everything to be planned out before you get to work that day. The management team hear is just as lost as the drivers. It seemed as if no one knew what was going on. The recruiters for this place will tell you anything to get you to work for them.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun job ,because I drove meself
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2012
check out my truck,wait on my load,drive from state to state,deliver load,some I had to help,but most of them I didn't.I went to school to learn the basic of th truck.I then was employed by Hogan where I had to go out with a trainner,where I got my experience,after that I got my own truck,thats when it all really begins.The management is sometimming they push you for loads you may not have time to travel..THE BEST PART of the job was you get to travel all over the united states.
Pros
you get to break when you want to, you travel the hours you want, you sleep when you want, you eat where you want.
Cons
you are away from home to long sometimes.
productivity
Class- A OTR Semi Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2012
a typical day at work - fun and exciting always new
i have learned of new cities
management skills are a lot better
my co-worker likes me
the hardest part is being away for significant other
the most enjoyable part of my job is that i get to travel from state to state, all over the us.
Pros
consisting learning, more money as you move up
Cons
miss some things back home
was nice to Delivery just within Fl.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 29, 2014
was a good place to work for, just not enough miles to drive to make up what I had to pay out for gas to drive to and from daily and only 1 day off a week.
Pros
it was within fl. only, home nightly that i really wanted
Cons
not enough miles for the pay
Horrible company with lots of issues
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHDecember 26, 2015
First of all, the good...I actually got along well with my supervisor (who was the only one that seemed to sorta care). Decent benefits (typical 90 days before they kick in), and I didn't mind being on the Target account (even though it is 15 mins outside of Columbus and out of the way for most).

Now the bad...the dispatchers only care about one thing...getting those precious loads delivered. They will do whatever it takes. They call it NO FORCED DISPATCH, but that doesn't mean they won't pull you off a load you've already been assigned to tell you they need to put you on a different run, even if that run is completely different hours from what you're used to working. They will call you at 8am when you didn't get home until 3am (and not to sleep until 4am).

The pay is lousy. Starting at .36 cpm it is one of the biggest reasons why most drivers quit. They know they can work for FedEx or some other company making .47 cpm - .50 cpm easily. Do the math. If they give you a 2 cent raise every year, look how many years it will take for you to just MATCH what other companies are paying starting out!

They say their fleet of trucks are NEW and replaced every year or two. More LIES from their recruiter. I was forced to drive trucks that had 700,000 miles + and when I looked at the registration papers, I found mostly 2011 and 2012 trucks.

The trucks are governed at 62 mph and it's embarrassing. With an empty trailer, I could SOMETIMES get by a SWIFT truck but for the most part, I quickly got used to having my doors blown off. Why the heck would they not want trucks that can
  more... go the speed limit? Money. The lower the speed, the more MPG which equals more money to fill their pockets. This just makes it WORSE for the driver who is only making .36 cpm and now has to work 12-14 hours @ day because the truck won't go any faster.

This company is good as a starter company for those fresh out of truck driving school, but that's about it. SO much slip seating, SO many lies they tell you. It's no wonder why so many quit.
Pros
decent benefits, work available year-round for the most part
Cons
dispatchers who don't care about you, slip seating, 62 mph trucks, low pay
no set schedule, unknown day(s) off, manager truely company puppet
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 12, 2012
late starts, no reguard for your family homelife, some dispatchers try to work with you, mgr will not back you on anything even if you're right, a true company puppet, company policies ridiculous, safety mgr has no clue what its like being a driver
Cons
everything
clean trucks,close to home
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 15, 2014
I thought Hogan was a decent company to work for. I was always home on time. Management was always available when needed.
Pros
home-time is consistent.
Cons
any incident, like, a flat tire, truck breaking down...counts as an accident.they really messed up my dat
steady work and good pay
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2014
there was always work and the pay was very good but you cant have a home life due to daily dispatch even on holidays
Pros
good pay
Cons
no home life
Dedicated runs were better then OTR
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 26, 2012
Was lucky to have dedicated team run. Ran M-F and off on weekends. Was not reliable as the runs could be out bidded by other companies at any time. This is what happened to ours.
Pros
was home on weekends
Cons
not reliable or stable
Average company
Owner Operator/company driver (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 28, 2014
I worked for this company for 7 years, miles were not consistent, poor communication, hard to get through to dispatcher. Won't answer telephone.
Slave-drivers
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2013
I would constantly put in 80+ hr weeks and no seemed to care. The company would not give any raises either what you start at is what you get for ever it seems.
Not employee friendly
Drivet (Current Employee) –  St.Louis,MoMarch 18, 2013
Great hometime. Lousy working conditions and equipment. Dispatcher don't listen to drivers concerns or requests.
Pros
home time
Cons
dispatcher don't care.
Company treats us fairly well
Operations Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2014
I enjoy working with the office staff and drivers that work for me.
Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2013
Love it great place to work and good people to work for. Been here for several years and working my way up from the bottom.
O t r driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 31, 2014
haul goods cross county deal with wal mart and other companys
Pros
onw boss
Cons
gone for long time
Ok
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 10, 2013
They get you home every weekend if you wish. I have nothing further to say.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 21, 2012
Overall great experience. It's just not what I want to do for the rest of my life.
okay work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 7, 2013
Nice clean company just not what I was looking for at the time