Hogan Transport Employee Reviews

Terrible dispatching and training
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2017
I worked here for a week and it was enough for me to know to get out. They set you up with trainers who don't care about you succeeding but only about their pay increase. The dispatchers make mistakes and blame them on the driver.
Very good job
Dedicated truck driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 25, 2017
One of the best companies I've ever worked for dedicated routes you new where you were going and how much you were making just doesn't like being gone all week from home
Pros
New trucks
Cons
Gone from home
A place to start
Driver (Former Employee) –  Centralia, MOJanuary 16, 2017
If your looking for a place to start good choice. If your looking for a daily run good choice if your experienced and wanting to run otr go somewhere else the company is set up to for rookies.
Pros
Clean well maintained trucks
Cons
Low miles they have no idea how to dispatch
Productive and fun workplace
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJanuary 16, 2017
great company but compensations is not meeting my expectations.

I would recommend this company to an entry level person, but for me I'm looking for more.
Dispatch is a disaster...
Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2016
Plan on being run out of hours daily and doing a lot of work for free. Believe nothing you are told in orientation. 62 mph trucks and 90 mph dispatchers that will do their best to coerce you into driving in adverse conditions, including on ice. Pay is low and so are the miles. Dispatch is consistently booking loads that don't exist and they refuse to verify whether or not a load is ready when it's suppose to be.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low miles, slow trucks, dispatch is horrible.
just another disrespecful to drivers company
Driver (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioSeptember 23, 2016
McDonald's and burger king for fast food, swift and Hogan for trucking, they were disrespectful to drivers from the first days in orientation in Columbus Ohio, many drivers leave the first week, their pay is lower than average, if they say Columbus on the job ad, it may or may not be Columbus , it could even be 20 or 30 miles away... their health insurance is high,
good people and environment.
Driver, Yardman, and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 18, 2016
I learned a lot on how to be a dispatcher and take care of my drivers need to safely and efficiently. Dispatching was done from 6 at night to 6 in the morning.
Pros
Great peope to work with
Great place to learn and travel all 48 states
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 2, 2016
I started there and i think its a good place to start because they have you all over the state.Also they will work you as much as you want to work.
Pros
great money
Cons
long days or nights
Too Much work and not enough pay.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2016
I drove long hours and was not compensated well. I did not receive the amount of money the promise to pay me. Poor communication with management. I had an accident.
Horrible company with lots of issues
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHDecember 26, 2015
First of all, the good...I actually got along well with my supervisor (who was the only one that seemed to sorta care). Decent benefits (typical 90 days before they kick in), and I didn't mind being on the Target account (even though it is 15 mins outside of Columbus and out of the way for most).

Now the bad...the dispatchers only care about one thing...getting those precious loads delivered. They will do whatever it takes. They call it NO FORCED DISPATCH, but that doesn't mean they won't pull you off a load you've already been assigned to tell you they need to put you on a different run, even if that run is completely different hours from what you're used to working. They will call you at 8am when you didn't get home until 3am (and not to sleep until 4am).

The pay is lousy. Starting at .36 cpm it is one of the biggest reasons why most drivers quit. They know they can work for FedEx or some other company making .47 cpm - .50 cpm easily. Do the math. If they give you a 2 cent raise every year, look how many years it will take for you to just MATCH what other companies are paying starting out!

They say their fleet of trucks are NEW and replaced every year or two. More LIES from their recruiter. I was forced to drive trucks that had 700,000 miles + and when I looked at the registration papers, I found mostly 2011 and 2012 trucks.

The trucks are governed at 62 mph and it's embarrassing. With an empty trailer, I could SOMETIMES get by a SWIFT truck but for the most part, I quickly got used to having my doors blown off. Why the heck would they not want trucks that can
  more... go the speed limit? Money. The lower the speed, the more MPG which equals more money to fill their pockets. This just makes it WORSE for the driver who is only making .36 cpm and now has to work 12-14 hours @ day because the truck won't go any faster.

This company is good as a starter company for those fresh out of truck driving school, but that's about it. SO much slip seating, SO many lies they tell you. It's no wonder why so many quit.
Pros
decent benefits, work available year-round for the most part
Cons
dispatchers who don't care about you, slip seating, 62 mph trucks, low pay

Want to know more about Hogan Transport?

Ask a question
Pay not worth the travel
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2015
I disappointed in the salary from Hogan Transport. The pay is not that great. Too many faulty trucks. Computers didn't work properly.
Dont work Here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2015
As a truck driver you expect to not be lied to and for everything to be planned out before you get to work that day. The management team hear is just as lost as the drivers. It seemed as if no one knew what was going on. The recruiters for this place will tell you anything to get you to work for them.
Pros
Cons
everything
good home time
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 18, 2015
have you home when you want. automatic trucks great dispatchers but first accident your fired, good trainers know what they are doing
steady work and good pay
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2014
there was always work and the pay was very good but you cant have a home life due to daily dispatch even on holidays
Pros
good pay
Cons
no home life
was nice to Delivery just within Fl.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 29, 2014
was a good place to work for, just not enough miles to drive to make up what I had to pay out for gas to drive to and from daily and only 1 day off a week.
Pros
it was within Fl. only, home nightly that I really wanted
Cons
not enough miles for the pay
Company treats us fairly well
Operations Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2014
I enjoy working with the office staff and drivers that work for me.
clean trucks,close to home
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 15, 2014
I thought Hogan was a decent company to work for. I was always home on time. Management was always available when needed.
Pros
home-time is consistent.
Cons
any incident, like, a flat tire, truck breaking down...counts as an accident.They really messed up my DAT
O t r driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 31, 2014
haul goods cross county deal with wal mart and other companys
Pros
onw boss
Cons
gone for long time
Average company
Owner Operator/company driver (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 28, 2014
I worked for this company for 7 years, miles were not consistent, poor communication, hard to get through to dispatcher. Won't answer telephone.
Slave-drivers
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2013
I would constantly put in 80+ hr weeks and no seemed to care. The company would not give any raises either what you start at is what you get for ever it seems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogan Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7