Hogan Transportation

Hogan Transportation Employee Reviews

Decent Job
Van Driver (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: low pay rate
This is a good part-time job. The pay rate was low when I worked for them years ago. the office was far for you to pick up your check. A typical day was driving your students to school, going home for about two or three hours and then picking them up. You kept the company vehicle at your home. I loved the kids that rode my van and their parents were pleasant.
productive and fun work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: own boss
Cons: away from home all week long
did truck inspection, fueled truck and drove across country. Worked well with management, they were my support system.
Manager at Hogan
Manager (Former Employee), St Louis MONovember 9, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: benefits are non existant and there no way to prepare for retirement 401k here is awful
Forget your home life, you will have none you will be attached to a cell phone 24/7 fixing everything that is wrong at Hogan unhappy drivers unhappy customers payroll issues. Don't think about getting sick or taking a day off there is no one to cover for you, you will answer the phone on vacation, funerals, hospital visits, kids graduations, and any other family functions that you TRY to attend, because you work 365 days a year 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You will be on the phone every holiday with angry drivers because everyone works. Work for Hogan there is no life outside of Hogan
Very good company to work for.
Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2014
I learned about various types of things that helped me in the trucking industry. Things such as gear floating, operating lift axles on 8-axle trailers, how to properly secure a load for transport, as we as a host of other things. Management was very patient and knowledgeable of the requirements needed to help me become a safer, better driver.
j
driver (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJuly 28, 2014
To obtain a position of which will enable me to use my strong customer services skills and ability to well work with people in a stimulating environment conducive to mutual growth.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong ability to deal with different types of guests some of whom require a high levels of patience and tact
• highly experienced in anticipating guests’ need and responding appropriately
• Profound experience in detecting signs of emergency and react immediately
• Proficient in handling and responding to customers’ needs.
CORE COMPETENCIES
• Ability to perform all functions with detail and accuracy
• Good judgment especially in time of crises
• Demonstrated ability to follow directions accurately
• Profound ability to comprehend guests’ needs
• Proven ability to maintain guest confidentiality
Dispatch and drivers versus the rest of the company
Truck Driver (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
I would have to say that the time spent here I don't have any problems at all with my dispatchers. I don't know if everyone else can say the same. The biggest problem with this job is the pay and they really don't want to give the drivers raises. We are over charged for insurance and it seems as if they don't want the drivers to succeed
okay company just the automatic trucks sucked
Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2014
Cons: automatic trucks
got the job for the route from kc to st Louis each night people were nice and helpful
Diverse work enviornment
Over the road Team Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2013
My wife and I drove team for Hogan on a dedicated routes.
We were laid off.
Rout Delivery Driver
Dedacated Rout Truck Driver (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNDecember 17, 2013
Pros: no boss looking over your sholder all the time.
Cons: we only had 2 drivers so if one of us got sick it would throw everything out of wack.
I delivered pizza and ice cream for Nestle to small towns in Minnesota and cross docked my load into smaller trucks .
management was in a different state so I only met my driver manger one time.. Best part of my job working 35 hours and getting paid full time pay and pay day every Friday.
Contractor
Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2013
Responsible for delivery and installation of appliances in proper time. Maintain customer satisfaction. Contract with Sears appliance. Oversee crew of 12+. Scheduling. Payroll. Daily deposits and recruiting.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Bellflower, CAAugust 3, 2013
Good workplace and Good equipment Nice management I will referal this company to other drivers
Good paycheck
Driver (Current Employee), Columbus ohApril 22, 2013
Pros: good trucks
Cons: health care is costly
Not a bad place to work, they keep there trucks in good working conditions. Staff is easy to get along with and I'm on one of the dedicated acct. I'm glad I came back to hogan, pay could be better on certain act, but over all I'm very happy, have a great boss and he knows that I get the job done so he lives me alone. Team drivers they have an awesome acct. if your looking for good pay and dedicated come here.
Over all a good company.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), bridgteton, moFebruary 14, 2013
The time i spent with the was not bad at all, I strengthen my skills as a truck driver and their was really no hard part of the job. Just to make sure that I was constantly watching traffic and obyeing road laws.
Great Company
Company Driver (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOMay 16, 2012
Pros: no touch freight, hometime was great, communication, safety was genuinely helpful
Cons: pay was low, but typical for newbies, normal truck driving issues
I loved my job! My dispatcher was AMAZING! He worked with me when I was learning,( I came to them directly from truck driving training), he got me the hometime that I needed, and the miles that I needed. When there wasn't sufficient miles, they got me home so that I wasn't spending all of my time in a truck stop hundreds of miles from home. He communicated plans to me in advance. There was always an open door policy. Safety was their main focus, as it should be! You could speak with safety about any issues that came up without fear of punishment. They only wanted to help.
Equipment was something you earned. You started out in older trucks, and work your way up to newer. Benefits were good. Pay was typical for newbies in the industry.
Small Company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Holton, MIApril 25, 2012
Very small company. Really enjoyed working with them and will continue to work with them for as long as they need me.
Steady physical work
driver (Current Employee), st louis moMarch 5, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: physical work
Good work environment, weekly pay. Work can be very physical at times. Not much training its learn as you go.

Hogan Transportation Salaries