Hogan Transportation Employee Reviews

A good solid company
Over-the-Road Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2017
A good solid company who take great care of their drivers. The company trucks are well cared for and only a year or two old or new. Had very little exposure to management so i have to assume they function properly.
Pros
Driver managers listen and cooperate
Cons
difficult time keeping a TEAM truck moving
Graet stepping for new drivers.
SHUTTLE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
Hogan is a good company for those starting to seek breaking into local work. It is not designed for those seeking longevity and advancement in the work place.
October 9, 2017

Thank you for giving us a 3-star rating, please tell us how we can earn 5-Stars.

Good place
OFFICE ASSISTANT Dispatch and schedule assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30360September 25, 2017
A typical day began with a lot inspection of the trailors and the tractors. The inspection is documented and filed. It consist of the mileage, as well as refrigeration temperture.
October 9, 2017

We're thrilled to hear you had a great experience and thanks for the 5-star rating!

great company
Logistics Biling Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They care about the employees, pay well, recognize work well done and it is a very balanced place to work (work/home balance)
October 9, 2017

Ok starting off but if you wanna keep the good drivers you gotta pay more
Driver (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 20, 2017
.35 cent a mile and $12 a stop plus dentention time but for the the hours your thief the pay kind of sucks if the pay was a little more I really would have no problems with this job
Pros
Employees are really cool
Cons
The pay
October 9, 2017

Hogan Transport is a good company but the logistics dept was terrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 19, 2017
The logistics dept is highly disorganized, plays favoritism, offers no room for advancement, rules apply differently for different employees depending on the happy hours attended.
Never again
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 8, 2017
I sis not care for my experience at Hogan. There was a huge lack of communication from my superiors and the main office. I was at a satellite location and it felt like a deserted island until the day my pink slip showed up.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No communication
Quiet Enviroment
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 5, 2017
A typical work day at Hogan Transport for me was quiet and slow paced. This is my first time working for a trucking company. I've learned a lot about the DOT process and the necessary things that are required for our drivers. The management staff is great. They are down to earth and easy to talk to. The work culture for the most part is good. Nothing to really complain about. The hardest part of my job getting my accounts to sent me the required information in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking the drivers on a daily basis.
Good for a start off job.
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 31, 2017
Love the job, I just feel the company want let you advance to better your skills and be more to the company. But as a good start off job and a place to build good communication,I feel Hogan is a great place.
Pros
Fun and good company.
Cons
No advancement
October 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Hogan Transportation Companies.

I like the 4 day work week
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2017
Kroger account is hard work and long hours. I would prefer to work either afternoons or days instead day shift one day then afternoon shift the next time. Makes it hard to establish a regular sleep pattern.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
heavy work load
Very stressful.
Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Johns, MI.July 24, 2017
They show a lot of prejudice to certain employees, lack of training. Slowest trucks on the highways.
If they want to get rid of you, they send you home to sit from one day to as many days till you quit. They don't fire employees, cause they refuse to pay uninemployee benefits.
Pros
Descent trucks, good response to breakdowns.
Cons
Very poor scheduling procedures.
its ok
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 20, 2017
i was grateful to have this job because i needed to be home everyday after becoming a parent. however, i still feel like its not enough because theres no set schedule.
Pros
home every night
Cons
dont know work schedule til day before
October 9, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback and review. We do take pride in our company, and want to make sure employees are satisfied with working at Hogan.

my coworker was very nice also
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 18, 2017
Hogan was a very easy job that i really enjoyed..also the client i had i grew to love he was very smart and very intelligent,,i can say a great experience it was,,

Long hours low pay
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 3, 2017
It's OK for between jobs but not the greatest place to work if you need to make a living. I think it would be alright for retired people or just someone who want to make a little extra money.
Not the most wanted place to work
Delivary driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJune 29, 2017
This company doesn't pay like most other company's making it a less of a wanted place to work for. The job is moderately simple for someone who knows how to do the task correctly.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Lack of decent pay
gives you chance when no one else will
Commercial Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2017
I had an awesome OTR trainer. he had to be one of the best in the industry. I learned so much from him and it'll stick with me forever. The management team I thought was good. They genuinely tried and seemed to care. but maybe its because one of the most important complaints I had was the pay. The training pay was halfway sustainably decent. But shortly after training the load lacking consistency was horrible, explaining the down grade in pay was mileage. being a father one personally could not sustain having a family at home relying on him.
Pros
good management, excellent training
Cons
poor compensation
July 14, 2017

Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you had such a great trainer. We'll share your other thoughts with our management team.

Sign on bonus is just paper...
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, MIMay 8, 2017
They hit craigslist hard. Sign on bonus pays ten percent per month. If you dont snap pic the listing they may try to low ball you. Most of the time they send you out so many miles you violate with your onduty time, when within thirty minutes of their terminal. They work you six days a week and dont care about family stuff. They will play hard ball. Terminal staffing is so low and has such bad turnaround, that they are always behind a schedule building the loads.
Pros
Clean, new trucks and trailers.
Cons
Pay, people, and schedule.
small shop
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 5, 2017
worked a lot out doors shop is to small to accommodate trailers so repairs were often performed outdoors, I find problems with management, I was terminated because there was a surface battery fire no damage to truck or batteries but I was terminated, another mechanic there had a truck go through scale house tractor was cited for having loose lug nuts, driver was ticketed truck was towed back to shop, this mechanic is still employed .
Pros
hours
Cons
preferential treatment management
July 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. We will share your complaints with our management team. We're always looking at ways we can make improvements.

Family Orientated
Recruiter Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed my time here at Hogan. However, it is time to start another chapter in my life. Hogan has been around for close to 100 years, so that is very telling of a company.
Review physical damages to hogan owned trucks and trailers.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2017
• Handle all physical damages to Hogan tractor and trailer from beginning until paid with insurance
• Owner Occupied driver files, vehicle insurance coverage and billing
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks, Stress from manager, Bad health insur
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Hogan and for your feedback. We will share your complaints with our management team as we're always looking to better our company.

July 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We'll share your "cons" with the management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogan Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8