Hogan Transportation Employee Reviews

From Good to Bad
Fleet Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2018
Upper Management made weekly changes to operations in the Transports division which created a stressful, negative work environment. Management is also lacking in the people-skills department.
poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FL 33566February 21, 2018
poor management this was the worst job i ever had the longer you are employed there the worse you get treated is like working with a bunch of eight year old kids that try to always get back at you and thats management
Poor management
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  hilliard, ohFebruary 15, 2018
Management lacks in direction. The company is slow to change to obvious concerns. Employees are more concerned with placing the blame than with taking care of the actual issues.
Good career
DG driver (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MOJanuary 5, 2018
A great career I make great money and home every weekend the benefits are great but they just need to step up thier game on vacation pay but it's still not bad
Pros
Keep you moving making money, good equipment, great driver manager
Cons
Vacation pay needs to be more
Comfortable company
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCDecember 9, 2017
I like this company but my situation was terrible as of driving for 20+hours days. it will burn you out fast if you stay 30+ mins away from work.
Overall good company I would go back if possible but I didn't have enough time spend with newborn and the wife.
Pros
Great employee, nice trucks, nobody bother you unless need to be. Will work with your problems and situations.
Cons
Driving 45 to work driving during work, and driving 45 back home no time for family less sleeping hours
Pretty good place to work.
Safety Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 1, 2017
Typing reports, memos, and warning letters. Also filed, set drivers up for training. Spoke with truck drivers and other drivers calling in about a driver's performance on the road. Worked closely with all Safety Supervisors and the rest of the safety team. The hardest part was learning all the different rules for truck drivers that are mostly implemented by government regulations. The most enjoyable part was the people I was working with. They tend to have a good turnover of the employees there.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
The salary was lower than expected for an Adminstrative Assistant.
Excellent family owned and operated company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 29, 2017
This company is family owned and operated and really tries to make employees feel like part of the family. It is growing as a logistics company nationwide and has a great reputation as an honest and legit place to work and to use as a carrier services. I’ve enjoyed my time at Hogan and would and have recommended this company to others.
Pros
Great work environment, advancement opportunities for drivers and office staff alike, competitive pay, family/home life, great benefits
Cons
Expensive benefits
Never knew what miles you was gonna get
CDL/A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 23, 2017
Never knew what miles you was gonna get. To many relays, some people got all the miles and some had to do all the delivery to the stores, so you wasn't getting any miles. And the trucks only ran 62 mph so you just couldn't make up any miles. They never could get it balanced out. Hogan as a whole was a good company it was just the account I was on.
A work in process
Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2017
Shuttle driver program has been in operation less than a yr. We pick up and deliver loads from customer to customer. Dispatch crew is relatively inexperienced but learning on the job. If they make a questionable decision I bring it to their attention, to help take care of the customers involved and help the program run more efficiently.It is a work in progress but the future looks good for it.
Pros
work with drivers for time off and other issues
benefits
A good solid company
Over-the-Road Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2017
A good solid company who take great care of their drivers. The company trucks are well cared for and only a year or two old or new. Had very little exposure to management so i have to assume they function properly.
Pros
Driver managers listen and cooperate
Cons
difficult time keeping a TEAM truck moving
Graet stepping for new drivers.
SHUTTLE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
Hogan is a good company for those starting to seek breaking into local work. It is not designed for those seeking longevity and advancement in the work place.
October 9, 2017

Thank you for giving us a 3-star rating, please tell us how we can earn 5-Stars.

Good place
OFFICE ASSISTANT Dispatch and schedule assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30360September 25, 2017
A typical day began with a lot inspection of the trailors and the tractors. The inspection is documented and filed. It consist of the mileage, as well as refrigeration temperture.
October 9, 2017

We're thrilled to hear you had a great experience and thanks for the 5-star rating!

great company
Logistics Biling Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They care about the employees, pay well, recognize work well done and it is a very balanced place to work (work/home balance)
October 9, 2017

Ok starting off but if you wanna keep the good drivers you gotta pay more
Driver (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 20, 2017
.35 cent a mile and $12 a stop plus dentention time but for the the hours your thief the pay kind of sucks if the pay was a little more I really would have no problems with this job
Pros
Employees are really cool
Cons
The pay
October 9, 2017

Hogan Transport is a good company but the logistics dept was terrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 19, 2017
The logistics dept is highly disorganized, plays favoritism, offers no room for advancement, rules apply differently for different employees depending on the happy hours attended.
Never again
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEAugust 8, 2017
I sis not care for my experience at Hogan. There was a huge lack of communication from my superiors and the main office. I was at a satellite location and it felt like a deserted island until the day my pink slip showed up.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No communication
Quiet Enviroment
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 5, 2017
A typical work day at Hogan Transport for me was quiet and slow paced. This is my first time working for a trucking company. I've learned a lot about the DOT process and the necessary things that are required for our drivers. The management staff is great. They are down to earth and easy to talk to. The work culture for the most part is good. Nothing to really complain about. The hardest part of my job getting my accounts to sent me the required information in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking the drivers on a daily basis.
Good for a start off job.
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 31, 2017
Love the job, I just feel the company want let you advance to better your skills and be more to the company. But as a good start off job and a place to build good communication,I feel Hogan is a great place.
Pros
Fun and good company.
Cons
No advancement
October 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Hogan Transportation Companies.

I like the 4 day work week
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2017
Kroger account is hard work and long hours. I would prefer to work either afternoons or days instead day shift one day then afternoon shift the next time. Makes it hard to establish a regular sleep pattern.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
heavy work load
Very stressful.
Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Johns, MI.July 24, 2017
They show a lot of prejudice to certain employees, lack of training. Slowest trucks on the highways.
If they want to get rid of you, they send you home to sit from one day to as many days till you quit. They don't fire employees, cause they refuse to pay uninemployee benefits.
Pros
Descent trucks, good response to breakdowns.
Cons
Very poor scheduling procedures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogan Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.