Hojeij Branded Foods Employee Reviews in United States

HBF APU: Free food and fun in the work environment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2016
A typical day at the airport is fast. And that is not just because of the planes, but because of the amount of restaurants we have at this location. We operate 5 full-table and 6 quick service restaurants. A day consists of recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants. Conducting new-hire orientation through public speaking. Verifying new-hire paperwork is correct. Administering medical and dental benefits. Managing payroll. Participating in union negotiations. Investigating and resolving employee issues. Conducting exit interviews. Coaching management, along with employees on company policies and procedures. Handling worker compensation claims. Organizing documentation and answering phone calls.

I have learned a great deal. My educational background is very much related to improving organizational processes and development, from the employee to the entire company. But what I lacked was the experience. And my did this experience provide that! I learned about the rigor of documentation and organization, and its continuous nature. I have learned how to deal with employee and management issues in an unbiased nature, seeking truth and betterment of the organization.

My co-workers are great. They are helpful, understanding, and accommodating. We understand the team dynamic required to execute organizational goals. When I need to go to the terminal for an operational issue, my team-mates will cover interviews, complete paperwork, or address an employee investigation for me. We buy one another presents on special occasions. We treat one another to breakfast, and of course
  more... the free food provided by our restaurants!

The hardest part of this position is the distance between our office and restaurants. We are 10 minutes apart, which is not that bad. But it is an obstacle because managers have a hard time keeping up with staffing. I therefore staff for all of our restaurants by myself! This is a challenge. But with my HR staff, we make it work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is employing those in need of work and money. It is rewarding to alleviate people from some stress in their life with the opportunity I provide them. It is both heart warming, and at times heart breaking.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Health benefits could be better.
Qdoba worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 3, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone work here. It was constantly busy. The management always had attitudes and it gets stressful. In conclusion, do not work here !
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Always busy, management with bad attitudes, heavy work load
Utility/ Cook
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 15, 2016
Horrible place too work. Unorganized, low pay, horrible Management. The only thing nice about this job is the friendships I developed with other employees. Do not work for this company. You will regret it.
Pros
free lunches for employees
Cons
Management is is utterly horrible. Unorganized mess.
Kind People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work can either go by like a blur or be calm and quiet, but not to quiet it's still the airport after all. The managers make sure that their employees are taken care of and will work with you no matter the situation.
Pros
Free Lunch, Healtchcare
Cons
Layover, Staying open past closing
Freshens on Concourse E
Crew Trainer/ Manger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
It is a great place to work. The people there have great personality and the make you feel like family. There nothing like working there and everybody just click.
horrible
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2015
horrible place to work. low compensation, benefits are not good. management does whatever they want to do. just horrible . use this job as a stepping stone find something better.
Very draining stressful and dreary
Cashier/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Working for this company is very stressful the people at the restaurant that is work for are rude and are difficult to work with the manager has no respect for her employees she talks to them any kind of way and expects the employees to be okay with what she says but a typical day at work for me is being there at 7:00 a.m. greeting, serving and being respectful to each and every customer. However while working here I've learned how maintain a productive attitude no matter how bad your day is going.
Very intense but fun and interactive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 23, 2015
A typical day at work was making sure everything was in order in the morning, getting ready to attend the customers that came up to me at any time , the management was really good , my co workers were very hard working people and inspired me to work hard swell, the job wasn't too difficult once i got the hang of it, the most enjoyable part was making sure they were always satisfied the customer is very important. Treat them they war you would want to be treated.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work
Abica Coffee General Manager (Former Employee) –  Newak airportMay 14, 2015
If you want to learn and you are willing to put the effort you will go far. Management is always there to help. I enjoy my time with them. It's hard to work in such a fast pace environment but the great team that I have make it easy
Pharmacy is nice
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2015
It was pretty nice management was helpful and nice. raises are given often. the pay is low to start but you can work your way through the company and advance
Airport Customer Service
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Cashier Shift Lead Assist Customers in Purchases Restocked shelves
HBF is the worst
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2014
All around worst company that I have ever worked for. Worked 15-20 hours of overtime every week while I was there and never got compensated for it. The benefits were the worst ever as well. The work environment was the worst as well. I would not ever recommend this company even to my worst enemy.
I enjoyed working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at Hojeij Branded Food. I only left because I wanted more for my life and the company was only a stepping stone for me in order to continue with my knowledge etc.
fun and exciting
People respect my work ethnics, I lead by example (Current Employee) –  Atlanta airportAugust 11, 2014
fun place great customers love meeting people from all over the place. fast pace environment and my co- workers are hands on with team work,
Pros
sweetwater beer served concourse a
Cons
management
this was a fun enviornment
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  atlanta airportJuly 31, 2014
this job was really exciting i got to see how serious people really take there coffee i met alot of different people in the airport and i loved it, but i had to move on to a more productive job opportunity
Pros
meet alot of different people
Cons
pay
good managament
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2014
I cook and clean. I like working with my co worker. The hardest part of the job is that if a plane is delays we have to stay open later.
Pros
free meals and good vacation time
Cons
no bonus
Productive workenvironment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark International AirportJuly 23, 2014
Business was bearable, every day the amount of customers coming in would vary. Learned that no matter what, keeping a customer satisfied can affect your mood as well.
Horrible
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta AirportJuly 1, 2014
Management is not good at all. Hard to move up. They wont let you transfer only if you have a management sign off. How is that possibe if you don't get along with the manager and they keep you there to fire you
work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta gaMarch 19, 2014
fealing with different people and cultures because it was on the international concourse in the airport from makin smoothies to working the cash drawer
Enjoyable place to work but hazardous to your health
Assistant Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2013
Aside from the smoking, HBF is filled with smiling faces and friendly greetings
Pros
meeting people from different countries
Cons
smoking environment