Hojeij Branded Foods Employee Reviews

Beware
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2017
Working at HBF has been the worst job I've ever encounter. My manger is the most petty manager ever. She has fired people just because they have said no to working overtime for her. She'll fired people with out making sure her team have back up for it. She give the supervisor her dirty work to do for her but dont have the guts to do it herself. She consistently threaten to fire you if you don't do what she says. They won't payed you right even though the job is so demanding. They dictate what you can and can not get on your meal ticket. If you have to use the bathroom you'll have to wait and god forbid it's an emergency cause the customer is more important. Thanks to this place I've had an bladder infection 3 times so far. You are train by everybody so what one person tell you might not be the same by the next person. And the supervisor themselves are not on the same page. We consistently don't have products. Not because we ran out but because it never got order with the shipment. Once again the manager caring more about the bonus she gets for not going over the food budget. The working area is small and cramp so there's a lot of bumping into each others. If you don't speak much Spanish then you better learn cause MAJORITY of your coworkers does. But the coworkers are great they'll help you as much as possible.
Pros
Free
Cons
Manager Karen
Not a good company .
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2017
I dont know how this company is still running honestly. They have horrible management and dont really care about their workers. I worked for 2 stores in the company and management was the same and its sad . The managers don't care about their employees , they cut peoples hours and fuss when they have to work around your schedule when you get another job . In my opinion stay away from this company and its horrible management , its unnecessary stress.
Pros
Free lunch (No many vegetarian options, Im vegetarian)
Cons
Horrible management, lack of appreciation to workers, and unconsistant scheduling
Blah
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2017
After being at this company for so long and all the things that has happened its time for a major change. Sometimes i dread going to work. The best part of the day is clocking out and going home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
its hard to ha
Fun and busy work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Stock and maintained cleanliness of work area,Follow and safety and sanitatiin policies when handling food and beverages Assisted co worker when possible,make sure closing paper work is correct
Pros
Free lunch at place of choice
Cons
Healthcare
Easy workplace and duties. Difficult and unsatisfying management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2016
If you are a person like me, as far as being more diverse than most, not being able to stay in one place and stay a whole 8(+) hours straight, apply for something that involves more responsibilities/duties, and be diverse with other job duties. Management will not care for and/or of your personal needs, from what I have gone through these past couple of weeks.
Pros
free lunches with certain stores
Cons
having to work with uptight and stressful manager(s)
Great Place To Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2016
Flexible schedule.
The accessible management personnel.
Hardworking and nice co-workers
Fast pace working area
Get to meet and assist new people every day.
Positive work place with great customer service
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
Hojeij branded food is a great company to work for .They also treat there employee with respect . I started as a cashier within one year I moved up to supervisor six months later I was lead supervisor. Hojeij looks for great customer service, leadership ,positive attitude and much more.
Unorganized
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 21, 2016
No one seemed to be on the same page. They did not treat employees with dignity. The rules kept changing with the wind. People panicked when the Big Wigs from Atlanta popped in. That was the only time things were done correctly. They make it clear that everyone is disposable. Men have a better opportunity for growth in this company than women do.
Pros
Cons
no room for growth
proudctive work enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2016
Working in an airport restaurant you get to meet new and interesting people everyday. The different qualities of others each day, intrigued my interest and it became easy for me to serve, being able to make the guests feel at home and befriend them individually in a new special way.
Although, always on my feet for a long day, it is a passion to take care of others to their full necessities, which created bartending and serving, not only a job, but a love.
HBF APU: Free food and fun in the work environment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2016
A typical day at the airport is fast. And that is not just because of the planes, but because of the amount of restaurants we have at this location. We operate 5 full-table and 6 quick service restaurants. A day consists of recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants. Conducting new-hire orientation through public speaking. Verifying new-hire paperwork is correct. Administering medical and dental benefits. Managing payroll. Participating in union negotiations. Investigating and resolving employee issues. Conducting exit interviews. Coaching management, along with employees on company policies and procedures. Handling worker compensation claims. Organizing documentation and answering phone calls.

I have learned a great deal. My educational background is very much related to improving organizational processes and development, from the employee to the entire company. But what I lacked was the experience. And my did this experience provide that! I learned about the rigor of documentation and organization, and its continuous nature. I have learned how to deal with employee and management issues in an unbiased nature, seeking truth and betterment of the organization.

My co-workers are great. They are helpful, understanding, and accommodating. We understand the team dynamic required to execute organizational goals. When I need to go to the terminal for an operational issue, my team-mates will cover interviews, complete paperwork, or address an employee investigation for me. We buy one another presents on special occasions. We treat one another to breakfast, and of course
  more... the free food provided by our restaurants!

The hardest part of this position is the distance between our office and restaurants. We are 10 minutes apart, which is not that bad. But it is an obstacle because managers have a hard time keeping up with staffing. I therefore staff for all of our restaurants by myself! This is a challenge. But with my HR staff, we make it work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is employing those in need of work and money. It is rewarding to alleviate people from some stress in their life with the opportunity I provide them. It is both heart warming, and at times heart breaking.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Health benefits could be better.

Want to know more about Hojeij Branded Foods?

Ask a question
Qdoba worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 3, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone work here. It was constantly busy. The management always had attitudes and it gets stressful. In conclusion, do not work here !
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Always busy, management with bad attitudes, heavy work load
Utility/ Cook
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 15, 2016
Horrible place too work. Unorganized, low pay, horrible Management. The only thing nice about this job is the friendships I developed with other employees. Do not work for this company. You will regret it.
Pros
free lunches for employees
Cons
Management is is utterly horrible. Unorganized mess.
Kind People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work can either go by like a blur or be calm and quiet, but not to quiet it's still the airport after all. The managers make sure that their employees are taken care of and will work with you no matter the situation.
Pros
Free Lunch, Healtchcare
Cons
Layover, Staying open past closing
Freshens on Concourse E
Crew Trainer/ Manger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
It is a great place to work. The people there have great personality and the make you feel like family. There nothing like working there and everybody just click.
horrible
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2015
horrible place to work. low compensation, benefits are not good. management does whatever they want to do. just horrible . use this job as a stepping stone find something better.
Very draining stressful and dreary
Cashier/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Working for this company is very stressful the people at the restaurant that is work for are rude and are difficult to work with the manager has no respect for her employees she talks to them any kind of way and expects the employees to be okay with what she says but a typical day at work for me is being there at 7:00 a.m. greeting, serving and being respectful to each and every customer. However while working here I've learned how maintain a productive attitude no matter how bad your day is going.
Very intense but fun and interactive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 23, 2015
A typical day at work was making sure everything was in order in the morning, getting ready to attend the customers that came up to me at any time , the management was really good , my co workers were very hard working people and inspired me to work hard swell, the job wasn't too difficult once i got the hang of it, the most enjoyable part was making sure they were always satisfied the customer is very important. Treat them they war you would want to be treated.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Pharmacy is nice
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2015
It was pretty nice management was helpful and nice. raises are given often. the pay is low to start but you can work your way through the company and advance
Airport Customer Service
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2014
Cashier Shift Lead Assist Customers in Purchases Restocked shelves
HBF is the worst
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2014
All around worst company that I have ever worked for. Worked 15-20 hours of overtime every week while I was there and never got compensated for it. The benefits were the worst ever as well. The work environment was the worst as well. I would not ever recommend this company even to my worst enemy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hojeij Branded Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8