Position Summary: This individual will be responsible for:
- Design and development of catheter subassemblies & components.
- Cross functional participation in drive to final overall product design, verification and transfer.
The position will have ownership of and accountability for the design & development of specific components within a product. While it receives assignment through a manager, it is expected to have a level of autonomy in task definition and prioritization to comply with project and company goals.
- Develop solid models & prototypes of catheter components, assemblies and accessories
- Develop specifications for components and assemblies.
- Vendor selection and management in raw material, component/subassembly development.
- Iterate design based on performance, tolerance and process optimization.
- Coordinate vendor/consultant evaluation (FEA, Biocompatibility) of designs as appropriate.
- Participate in user evaluations of component/assembly design as appropriate.
- Participate in design and phase reviews for projects.
- Write plans, protocols and reports in support of design effort.
- Share oversight of R&D technician work in prototype or evaluation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical device or related field
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability with Solidworks software.
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
- Complex Solidworks modeling & assembly design experience.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and designing parts for injection molding.
- Experience with RF catheters.
- Experience with extrusions, molded components and associated processing.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.