Holcim (US) Employee Reviews

Do no apply. Work culture is in the toilet
Cement Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomsdale, MOAugust 13, 2016
Been employed at Holcim for 6 years and it was the best Company I have ever worked for until the merger with Lafarge in 2015 and wow it is amazing how bad it is, and how quick it happened. They froze our pension and the insurance is now practically non existent. The management clearly does not care about the employees and you can tell it in the work attitudes and the turnover. It's a shame that the company went the way of Lafarge instead of Holcim. Mostly Lafarge upper management and this has clearly been the reason for the sharp decline in work attitudes. I really thought I would stay with holcim and retire here, it was that good but now I can't wait to find another job. Don't waste your time with this company! The only thing that is for sure with Lafageholcim is constant change for the worse.
The hourly employees are a great hard working group that make it easier to come to work.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Lack of insurance, Work culture, Training has dried up.
Unorganized
Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 12, 2016
Lafarge is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Their lack of organization, and utter disregard for employees is disheartening. Do not apply.
Benefits
Cons
Everything elee
Great company, Excellent Management support.
Internal Audit Director (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Lead an Internal Audit function (with a team of 7) as in internal shared service providing audit services to three group companies. Interacted with Audit Committee and the Senior Management including CEO and CFO. Great place to work with excellent life work balance. Received great support from management to execute audit function. One issue - Change is the only permanent thing at Holcim
Pros
Excellent senior management support for audit function
Cons
Change made the atmosphere a bit unstable and dynamic
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 17, 2014
Good company. Great people. Limited advancement opportunities.