Holcim Employee Reviews

Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
Holcim believes in the people that work hard and will reward them generously. There is always room to advance and the company will push you to be a better person daily.
Pros
Good benifits and positive work enviroment
Cons
dirty dusty work
If you want work and work and work this is the job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticApril 3, 2017
No advancement opportunities and simply putting it, a cut throat environment to be involved in. You really have to pay attention to detail because you will be doomed the very minute you are hired in the RMX division.
Pros
A job
Great Pay
Process Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYMarch 1, 2017
Very Dirty place,but a lot of good people that worked there. we had to work outside, the hardest was too Hot in the summer and too Cold in the winter. making our quotes and our pay checks.
Good Company
Cement Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomsdale, MOJanuary 31, 2017
I was employed here as the company was in it's start-up period. It was a very good company to work for. The only issue was deciding the type of shifts to implement.
Was able to learn alot from this job enviroment.
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Each day was busy, loading Trucks and moving railcars around terminal. trained in using TrackMobil ,for moving railcars around .The Supervisor was very helpful with all work environment.Very fast and team based.Enjoyed working with all my coworkers.
La mejor empresa en la que he trabajado
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BogotáJanuary 20, 2017
Mi trabajo era comercial y técnico, con responsabilidad de cumplir metas de volumen y presupuesto, al mismo tiempo ofreciendo asesoría técnica a las constructoras que atendía como clientes. En esta empresa aprendí mucho de diseño de mezclas de concreto y proceso constructivo, aprendí a trabajar bajo presión y a ser muy organizada en mi trabajo.
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
No hay tiempo para la vida personal
Una empresa de gran exigencia
Coach Comercial (Former Employee) –  En diversas zonas del país.January 16, 2017
Es una empresa en constante cambio que exige adecuarse de manera rápida y exitosa a los cambios en el entorno y generando liderazgo en su industria pero también a nivel país apegándose a un estricto control en la seguridad y en un manera ética, correcta y legal de hacer negocios.
Pros
Seguro de gastos médicos mayores, vales de comida, herramientas completas y correctas para desarrollar la actividad.
Cons
Adelgazamiento importante de la estructura, pocas posibilidades de crecimiento a corto y mediano plazo
great place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Florence, CODecember 11, 2016
Enjoyed the 9 years I worked there the supervisors were awesome and miss everyone there. The work is not hard if you have common sense. Can get hot in the summer. Pay is good and it is a union job.
Pros
people and pay
Cons
the union was not very strong
good factor environment
Yard Crew (Former Employee) –  Crawford, MSOctober 24, 2016
very good environment, tools and machinery good condition, working atmosphere great, nice people to work around, pay scale was a plus, great hours to work
Pros
great pay
Cons
Secured in terms of safety, productive and nice workplace especially the employees I work with.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  LugaitJuly 27, 2016
I work 5 day a week. I learned mostly the clerical stuff and workflow of the sales department, its where I am assign. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job is the preparation of the billings.
Pros
Free lunch, an hour or 30 mins. break, healthcare, insurances

Want to know more about Holcim?

Ask a question
Good company to work with
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2016
Good company to work with although the merger with Lafarge has made my future less certain. I also got married this year and I need to make more money.
Takes care of its employees
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIDecember 12, 2015
Fast paced environment. Accountability driven down the organization. Somewhat risk averse organization which doesn't take chances on its key people. People development needs more focus.
Exelent place for quick learning the SAP
Customer Relationship Manager (O2C and LOG) (Former Employee) –  Koromačno, H04November 27, 2015
As customer relation manager I was in charge of daily job in sales and logistics department for Inbound and Outbound business flows.
I learned SAP SD, MM and LE module, LOGON logistics online tool, Schenck processes.
Co-workers was very helpful especially when I join the group. I teach from them a lot.
The most hardest part was the beginning of the carrier because I had only 2 weeks to learn SAP SD and LE processes.
Enjoyable part was almost every day because people in the office and customers was amazing and always positive.
working at Holcim
Electrical Instrumentation Technician III / Holcim (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXNovember 1, 2015
Has been fun place to work and learn something new everyday. The one thing that has not changed over the years has been safety. I have learned many new skills over the years with the help of fellow employees.
Pros
job security
Cons
health care
One of the world's leading suppliers of cement and aggregates
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXSeptember 23, 2015
One of the good large scale companies to work in US. xposure to work remotely for several location at a time. Local and international projects work with along with the daily schedule.
Better than average place to work
Area Leader (Current Employee) –  Bloomsdale, MOSeptember 8, 2015
Overall a good place to work. Culture is safety focused and pretty laid back. Compensation is good but not great. Only real way to get large raises are to relocate or be with the company for a very long tenure. Management is easy to work with and maintain an open door policy. The hardest part of the job is when you make a decision and it gets second guessed by others around instead of trusting the decision made. They do currently offer a pension and 401k, but to be determined on what will come out of the recent merger with lafarge.
Pros
Great people to work with in all aspects
Cons
Average at best compensation.
Holcim Inc
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Theodore ALAugust 12, 2015
The company is a industry leader with comparable benefit package to other competitors. Great work life balance and very family oriented management team.
Great Job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AlAugust 12, 2015
This is a great family friendly company to work with, their benefit package is comparable to other large corporations in the industry.
A company focused on high quality products and services as well as people development and communities involvement.
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  AlesdAugust 7, 2015
A hands on experience for me in the HR field. I've appreciated the relationships built in all these years, the knowledge I've gained from all the projects and the expertise of my co-workers and former boss. I enjoyed assisting my fellow managers in their people management skills development, giving support in HR related topics, involving them and being involved in special tasks, supplying internal training programs to all employees
Productive and fun workplace that employs great people
Reporting Analyst Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJuly 31, 2015
Holcim is a great company and their recent merger with LaFarge will provide the firm with more resources than ever. The CEO is very approachable and does monthly town hall style meetings to keep employees updated on the firm's performance and expectations. Your goals are lined out for you and it's up to you to excel in them. They recognize excellence and will reward appropriately.
Cons
Too far from the city

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holcim. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3