Holder Construction Company Employee Reviews

Hard working, productive, knowledgeable
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
Holder construction is a great company to work for, and you really can feel and know you apart of something Big and great. Here lots of smiles and great service, experience, and it takes a team to get it done and you can also learn as you work.
Pros
Great managment, and good pay, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, weather varies, based on projects and or how many employees needed.
Career Oriented
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 15, 2017
Holder places a high value on the Great Place to work and advancement of employees, if you fit well with the company and their values then you may advance very quickly. That said if you don't fit the mold of a Holder person it can be a very difficult place to be and you have no chance of advancement. I am use to long hours being in construction but Holder has a culture that does not balance work and life well.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Project Engineer Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2017
There is good opportunity here. We get S... done. If your looking for a company to learn and get experience this is the company for you have a family not so much.
top notch
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 31, 2017
It was Most rewarding job experience. Professional staff that were educated and knowledgeable in all aspects of this commercial project. Managed from 350 to 400 subcontractors on project site, sometimes around the clock. Finished ahead of schedule and under budget.
Miserable workplace
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I worked for Holder for a short time but saw enough to get an idea of the atmosphere and people employed there. I was thrown into a team with no training or introduction on what I would be doing and expected to stay late and work every weekend to catch up with no direction.

The people here are only interested in getting ahead of the person next to them. Most of the new recruits are straight from college with no experience and will put up with the berating thats dished out every day. The mid-level managers are mostly young hayseeds that think they are special. Everyone from the field hated this company. All the subcontractors hated them too. Infact, everyone I met in management at Holder had a smug attitude and a power trip. Even the lady who passed out PPE held a power trip over handing out eye protection...are you kidding me?

The tension is very high in the office. I had 5 different bosses who changed the schedule every hour it seemed like and they basically didnt know what they were doing. I am very qualified to do their jobs but was treated less than. I had a full blown argument about job titles because I said I was an assistant superintendent. At every other company thats what my title would be. Does it really matter? There no sense of working together. Its very militant and hostile. I hate to use the word brainwashing but most of these people are there because upper management groomed them from an early age and promised advancement within the company if they take enough trash from the wannabe cowboys.

My take on this company is that you will get good experience
  more... using modern technology and big projects but at a huge cost to your personal well being. If you can stand having 5 bosses lurking around and fellow colleagues trying to make you look bad instead of working together by all means sign the contract. And get ready to put in 60-70 hours a week.  less
Pros
Cons
see description
Typical Day at Holder Construction
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2015
We laid and tied re-bar. Did general labor, and poured concrete. We also used carpentry skills to build forums. I would have a team that worked under me, that I'll have to supervise to help me get the job done.
Working for a company such as Holder Construction has been a tremendously positive experience for me.
Field Office Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
I work in a team-based environment but with the flexibility to work independently as well. I came into this job 3 years ago with no commercial construction experience, so I have learned so much & continue to learn something new every single day. We constantly are offered training classes to expand our knowledge. Management treats everyone equally...with enormous amount of respect and interest in you as an individual. My co-workers are kind, intelligent, professional and work together towards a common goal. The hardest part of the job was the first two weeks, but after that & after being sent to training at the corporate office, it has been both challenging and uplifting. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people...I actually love what I do & look forward to my workday EVERY DAY. Holder Construction Company is a top notch, Class A organization!
Pros
Yearly conferences with your peers. Support at all times from other associates.
Cons
That they don't have another project near my home so I can keep my job.
long hours.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 23, 2013
Had to commute everyday from Pueblo to Colorado Springs. I had to work and drive in all kinds of weather conditions.
Pros
Descent pay.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2013
The culture of the company is great. They care about their employees. Hours are long.
Pros
free lunches, good pay
Interesting job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2013
There was a variety of tasks to complete daily, which I loved. There was always something new going on. I learned so much about the construction industry. This was a pretty cool job.
Pros
Got a chance to experience several projects being built.
Cons
Management was not supportive of administrative staff.
It is a great company to work for
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2012
Even though the company required to relocate continuosly, the benefits and the people you meet from different parts, it was a great experience
top of their business
Project Mgr (Former Employee) –  Arizon, GeorgiaAugust 16, 2012
Holder Construction...From the top down and all levels I experienced during my tenure; was and to the best of my knowledge still is one of the premier organizations in the Southeast.
Field Office Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2012
Worked with a number of different subcontractors and various owners. Processed the monthly bills, took care of the payroll, HR duties, etc. I had the opportunity to learn a lot of new things in regards to working for a General Contractor.
Pros
the opportunity to live in several different cities.
Cons
moving