Position Summary - Sales & Catering Administrative Assistant Part Time 3-4 days a week
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Director of Sales and Sales/Catering Managers.
Reports to the Director of Sales and serves the Sales/Catering Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows approved Sales and Holiday Inn Presidential SOP-s.
2. Actively participates in daily "Stand-up" meetings.
3. Greets and directs visitors, and when appropriate conduct positive and memorable property tours to clients as requested. Responsible for developing and maintaining positive and appropriate relationships with clients and staff.
4. Answers, screens, and routes telephone calls; maintains log of inquiries as required.
5. Assists Managers with site tours and FAMs.
6. Performs a range of operational support activities to include, but not limited to: establishing, maintaining and updating files, records, certificates, and other documents.
7. Maintain par in amenity/collateral storage closet. Re-orders amenities and collateral materials as required.
8. Prepares meeting and wedding sales packets.
9. Enters and updates account, contacts, booking information and check sleeping room and meeting space availability.
10. Generates weekly and monthly sales reports and meeting minutes.
11.Handles "turnover" for events from Sales Team to other Departments within Hotel
12.Data base management
13.Manages Rooms Only Room Blocks
14.Handles "turnover" for events from Sales Team to other Departments within Hotel
15.Data base management
16.Manages Rooms Only Room Blocks after contracted
17.Helps operations team when required.
18.May be asked to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
19.Must be flexible with possible changes in work hours and/or days as business dictates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Operational skills with Personal Computers and Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook. Familiarity with STS and Opera a Plus.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Skills in organizing and coordinating work, ability to work without direct supervision.
5. Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
6. Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
7. Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
9. Skill in the use of operating copiers, printers and scanners.
Skills / Requirements
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Minimum one (1) year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
3. Must have a valid Arkansas Driver's License
4. Must have an insurable driving record.
5. Must successfully pass a background investigation.