Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,477 reviews matching the search
Good for the night owl that likes working with books and numbers.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 25, 2016
Weekends are very busy and hectic, early week day are slow, but it all evens out, Co-workers are friendly and helpful and the guest are happy to have a comfortable place to settle after a day of travel.
Productive workplace
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIJuly 25, 2016
I loved it because it was so much fun to work with my co workers. I would check guests in/out, make reservations, wash dry and fold sheets and blankets, as well as do the end of day reports. I loved all my co workers
fun place to work like the employees
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  surfside scJuly 25, 2016
I like working there just don't know if its a year round job, the staff is great they feed us for lunch the manager is nice and they don't yell at u if u mess up.
Productive and interesting
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me cleaning 10 to 11 rooms. I have learned how to properly clean a hotel room, the proper way in greeting a guest, and how to work as a close team. The management are understanding, easy to work with and does not use their positions against us workers. My co-workers and I all get along with one another very well. The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure that all of the rooms are cleaned in a timely fashion. Some rooms takes more time than others. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers. Bonds are formed and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
We are provided a microwave and refrigerator
Cons
short breaks
great coworkers and employees
Banquets & Catering Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 22, 2016
upper management is corrupt with a skewed perception of how to run an efficient shift. no real chance of advancing for anyone
Pros
free lunched with my specific position
Not very happy
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2016
No benefits and zero possible advancement. Flexibility is good. Not very good at prioritizing projects. Daily routines are easy enough but not having a say in quality of product in my department is hard to deal with.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOJuly 21, 2016
My experience working for Holiday Inn has been enjoyable. I work inside the restaurant. On a typical day of work you will seat guests, take food orders, buss tables and do side work. Management is great and always willing to help. Everyone is very nice and there is a welcoming environment. There really isn't anything very difficult about this position. Some days can be stressful if we are short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is easy money and the co workers have always been amazing.
Pros
free lunches, soda
Cons
split shifts
Too much drama, understaffed, not paid enough
Front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Bonifay, FLJuly 21, 2016
I learned Opera and I loved working with the guests. The chocolate chip cookies every night were also a plus. But overall it was the worst job I've ever had.
Great place
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 21, 2016
Had an amazing experience here meeting co workers, staff, and guests. Learned many new things on the computer and more productive ways of resolving issues.
Was a great place to work
Executive chef (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 21, 2016
I loved working at the Holiday Inn. However after 17 years I am forced to find a new career. The Holiday Inn closed for remodeling in November 2015.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Closed and terminated everyone
Very fast learning job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXJuly 20, 2016
Getting to meet all kinds of people due to the fact that people from all around the world would come for either vacation or just resting.
Holiday Inn
Cook (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49017July 20, 2016
Respectful, caring people on duty. Mangers are great. Kitchens always clean, Dishes are constantly renewed. Costumers appreciate their awesome hospitality.
Pros
Banquets are beautiful
Cons
Hours are short
gossip and stressful enviroment
Housekeeping/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 19, 2016
no teamwork, short on linen, everybody talks about each other and no room to grow. no tips no appreciation. it felt like they care more about selling the rooms and the guest instead of the employees
Pros
free meals once a month
Cons
401k. a con
Great Learning Enviroment
Dalton Georgia Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 19, 2016
I learned a lot about managing people and Food and Beverage operations and well as overall operations. I managed a high volume restaurant, bar, and banquet space where I learned a very high quality of the hospitality industry culture.
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 19, 2016
cleaning rooms with a certain amount of time, being friendly, helping the guest, being clean and neat, organizing, sanitizing.
Lack of hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 19, 2016
I worked in a store in the hotel and it was a very easy job. I learned some new things among improving skills I already had. My boss was nice, funny, and flexible. I enjoyed working there. The only problem I had is that I didn't get enough hours and the store wasn't making a lot of profit,.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJuly 18, 2016
Great Place to work at, great staff and great benefits! Everyday is something new and exciting and I really enjoy working here!
Night Audit
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, INJuly 18, 2016
A typical day of work was quiet and easy going. I have to say that i don't feel the job was challenging to be honest. I learned a lot about the computer system used by holiday inn. I was truly not impressed with the management. The coworkers were not always held to the same standards which i felt was unfair. The hardest part of the job was staying awake of a night because it was so quiet. I enjoyed the job mainly because I worked primarily alone and was able to work at my own pace without someone constantly looking over my shoulder
Pros
got to learn a new area of customer service
Cons
no insurance and low pay rate
hard worker
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2016
I liked how everything flowed together
the hardest part was waking up 4 in the morning
the most enjoyable part was cleaning up after a log day of shift
the management was good , very friendly
Fun and easy place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 16, 2016
some days went by fast, some slow, depends on how many people check in
very flexible especially while going to school
not very stressful, if at all
Pros
flexibility
Cons
some days can go by really slow