Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 6,196 reviews matching the search
Did not like
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 28, 2017
Could be better. No good hours. No benefit available to help out. The pay is very crabby not intend for anyone who needs a very Stout check to take care of their kids
Pros
Free food
Cons
No hours
No set schedule
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2017
Prepare to work crazy hours and be called in on your days off. They have very little staff and over work the people they do have. The environment is great and the people are fantastic.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
schedule
Great place to work with wonderful team and place to gain knowledge.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2017
Has a great front desk team, we all work together and help,each other grow more. Working here can really give you a lot to,Lear especially if you wish to go in to the hospitality field.
Once-great workplace ruined by new management
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 27, 2017
Worked for years as a lower-tier employee before being promoted, and the job and management were wonderful. It was a fun environment, lots of benefits, holiday parties, the whole package.

The CEO changed a while back and has proceeded to drive the workplace into the ground. Now focused intensely on profits with no regard for employees or the limitations of the job, and yet full, perfect customer satisfaction is demanded. Lower management is put in a constant catch-22; increase profits at the expense of customers, until those customers complain, then it's your fault for not focusing on meeting guests' needs.

Absolutely zero accountability from upper management, and they treat you like you should be honored to work there for pennies. If ownership changed hands again, I would go back in a heartbeat. As is, though, I cannot recommend any position in the hotel.
Pros
Decent work environment, employee discounts - the company itself isn't bad at all
Cons
No regard for employee satisfaction, management is laughable, entirely profit-driven
It was an experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed the guest and my co-workers. However there were no benefits and the pay wasn't up to par with the duties and hours that everyone had to do.
Latham NY
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 27, 2017
Not an easy place to be. Over worked and not treated very well by management. Not very organized and hard work is not rewarded. Employees are very nice.
front desk
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 27, 2017
Very busy hotel and very busy front desk, very detailed night audit.
Front desk manager is very nice and accommodating. Time goes by fast and employees are nice
Pros
hotel travel discounts
Out of all the different jobs i had i really like housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed housekeeping. but too long hours at holiday inn. no time for family. 12-14 hour work day everyday. wouldn't take a lunch because I didn't want to be there longer.
Es buen trabajo
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 26, 2017
Es un buen lugar de trabajo.
Lo malo esque no tiene beneficios
Y el pago es el minimo.
Good
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mackinaw City, MIJune 26, 2017
Nice place to work. Friendly Staff. Good benefits. A typical work day might be fast pace lots of Guest coming in and going out. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with Customers who appreciate and enjoy the service we give and hearing their feed back.

Want to know more about Holiday Inn?

Ask a question
Hospitality is not hospitable towards employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 26, 2017
Working at Holiday Inn was too fast paced and cutthroat for my liking. You had to completely clean a room in less than 30 minutes, but make it spotless. It is very difficult to do in certain conditions, and you're constantly competing with your co-workers for supplies and rooms and time. It's a very stressful job and it felt like management didn't care about anyone but thet guests.
Good learning environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 26, 2017
Fun place to work. I would check in and checkout guest. I would make reservations. I would cook and set up the breakfast area. I would also run the night audit.
Nice place, nice people
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZ 85501June 26, 2017
Loved working for Holiday Inn , worked the front desk was also the go to person for anything and everything. checked in and checked out guests helped wit any issues anyone was having including employees and guests.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Bad work enivornment
Productive with a great enviornment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79412June 25, 2017
Overall the jobs i have had so far this is one of my top ones, i have really enjoyed working here. I have had the opportunity to to interact with all kinds of different people. My communication skills have improved very much thanks to being a front desk associate. As well as my technical skills with computers, and critical thinking skills have improved. The best part of this job i believe is getting to meet new people and hearing they're summed up mini story of adventures they have experienced. And i being able to in a way offer them a place to rest after they're long days.
Pros
Points for free night, Employee discount on hotel rooms
Cons
Some days its super busy
My Review
Experienced Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be to come in prepared and ready to work. I clock in and go to my assigned area to see what tasks need to be done. What I've learned from my experience working here is how to work at a fast pace and also how to resolve problems and think on my feet. Management is important to the company and its members. Good management has to be performed in order for the company to succeed. Workplace culture, being able to work with different groups of people and showing respect towards those who you work with and work for is very important. The hardest part of the job I would say is not being able to satisfy each and every customer even though I try my best to make sure that they are satisfied sometimes that still is not enough. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that I learn something new everyday whether it is about the company or the companies products. Also, being able to see the customers smile!
Pros
Good training skills, Discounts on food, Provide Scholarships for college students.
Cons
No health insurance, short breaks.
Nice place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New Buffalo, MIJune 25, 2017
IHG brand hotels, limited service, committed to customer service.
Hot breakfast, Rewards program, free Wi-Fi.free local phone calls.
Fitness room, pool.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No Health Care
Exciting well ran establishment
Hotel Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 25, 2017
This is a great place to learn responsibilities and grow into a person of integrity. A place to create memorys and to be apart of clients lives forever.
miss-managed from the top down
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 25, 2017
miss-managed from the top down, no one is accountable, and they listen to the rumor mill and manage based on that. very poorly managed.I would not recommend this company in any way shpe or form.
great place to work
Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2017
great place if you love working with people, always something different. Great front office manager she made a huge impact in my life, great support always.
Pros
free lunch, hotel discount
Cons
semi stressful
Enjoyed the day to day experiences.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2017
The location of the hotel brought in a diverse amount of cultures. We were next to an international college, so parents came to visit their children. I loved all the business people as well. They were from all over and had different experiences to share. They were tired from traveling and I was their first face to see. So, being able to check them in and make them feel welcome and that they needn't need to worry about anything was awesome.
Pros
awesome work group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.