Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 5,167 reviews matching the search
Decent Company. Horrible Management.
Catering & Events Manager/ Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 9, 2017
Great opportunities to move up the corporate ladder. The property management that took over this location, however, was terrible. Employees are completely expendable.
Pros
Good Opportunities
Cons
Horrible Management and Benefits
Productive and nice workplace.
Maintenance PorterMaintenance/ Porter (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 5, 2016
This is a very nice place. Management isn't all that great, but as far as employees and teamwork every one is pretty work oriented. Set hours so you always know your schedule.
Pros
Nice employees. Somewhat well maintained grounds
Cons
No benefits, very unorganized
Experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, I enjoyed the Co workers and the guests, I enjoyed doing a good job, and I knew I was when a guest would come to me and say thank you for taking such good care of us. I felt like a pecock when I recieved that praise, especially if my boss was there.
Pros
The people
Cons
Its part time.
Wonderful envirenmont
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 5, 2016
Excellent work benefits for employees. The training is excellent. the training thoroughly equips employees. My Co-workers were excellent. In the beginning of starting the job it was a bit challenging to learn the system that was used. Eventually it gets easier. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people.
Great Employee Work Environment
Guest Relations Representative and Houseman (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 7, 2016
Great work environment for employees. Required adept interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically and work quickly under stress. Work hours were varied and inconsistent. Great co-workers and personable and understanding management.
Pros
Great employee benefits within the company.
Cons
Inconsistent work schedules and varied hours.
Productive and easy people to work with
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 24, 2016
My typical day at work is making sure coffee is fresh during my shift, and cookies are made for the guests. I check people in to their rooms and help with any problems that I can help them resolve such as fixing their cable or helping them connect to the wifi. I've learned to work in stressful situations by checking in over 60 guests during my shift and the lobby filled up with people without a hassle. I've learned to speak efficiently to guests to help sell rooms for one or multiple groups. Management has been very helpful with anything I need in regards to signing guests up for memberships and leading other co-workers to become successful in their job. I do get along with my co-workers, however they do tend to be a little late and I sometimes work almost overtime. They are easy to get along with and we work as a team and not individually. I can't really say what the hardest part of my job is when everyday is hard but I learn and gets easier as I work throughout the day. My most enjoyable part of my job is seeing smiles on the guests faces when everything is just right for them such as their room being cleaned and they have what they need.
Pros
Free breakfast, free wifi
Cons
no benefits, no paid vacation, no maternity leave pay
Great company wirth best product in the industry
Marketing Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 10, 2016
Long days, great staff, every day represents a new challenge and a new learning opportunity.
Sometimes management's respect is misunderstood for weakness due to the type of industry.
The ability to offer incentives and different motivations to the staff on a daily basis made the days really enjoyable and the staff was easy to gain respect from.
Pros
IHG room benefits, growing company...
Horrible management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIDecember 23, 2016
Said they were over staffed and fired people, now they have ads out for those positions. Nothing but liars. No benefits and bad pay. Horrible management.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and liars
Brand New Beautiful Property
Front Desk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 2, 2017
The work atmosphere is great, I enjoy working with the team we have here . the hotel is very new and clean, I have the opportunity to meet so great and interesting guest from all over the world , who appreciate the good customer service they receive.
Pros
Very New and clean
Cons
No holiday pay, no benifits, no stability in the schedule
The forward to going to work everyday
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton GeorgiaNovember 21, 2016
I love my job and all my fellow employees good benefits and like that the fact that I usually get bored with something very fast but the fact that it was something you every day was very exciting
Pros
Experience working at Holiday Inn in the lot of different fields
Cons
In the end I was making a salary and it was a whole lot hours
Great Franchise/Brand
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA 23111December 23, 2016
Great Brand to work for. Training and benefits offered. Room for advancement. Culturally sound company. Lacking in technical and operational support. Needs to offer more competitive wages.
Very laid back and relaxed place to work
front desk clerk and host (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 21, 2016
Liked working at the Holiday inn. Enjoyed all the different types of people you get to see but I felt as if there were no advancement opportunities for me to take. There were also no benefits offered
Horrible work/life balance
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2016
Too much work for the amount of money. Employees are never considered for raises and they are taken for granted. Management constantly blames each other for lack of communication.
I could live off the pay
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Huntsville alSeptember 23, 2016
I'm not making no hours there and the people take everything from me and they look At me like is my fault. I'm bout to lose my house. I'm the only housekeeper that's getting paid salary the other workers or alias and work together while I working on my on and never can make ends meet to take care of my family. A lot of favoritism with I felt was unfair.
Pros
No lunches
Cons
Only 15 min cigarettes beaks 1 30 min
Horrible place to work
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCNovember 2, 2016
Management is the worst. Every time you turn around its a meeting and management talking down on you like you are nothing.They don't pay enough to be taking that kind of mess. Co-workers doing more gossiping then working.
Pros
Cons
No Benefits
fun, good employees, poor management, low pay, good benefits
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 9, 2016
good environment to work in, good coworkers but poor management, pay is horrible and not much advancement, good benefits
Best place I have ever worked
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MINovember 30, 2016
Fun, friendly, family type of work place. Easy to receive pay raises. You always have goals and team building. There are plenty of rewards.
Task can be done thought shift.
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
It can be fast paced at times, it helps you work on good people skills and gave me the opportunity to learn something new as far as career wise.
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJuly 29, 2016
Working at the Holiday Inn express it had its busy days, but overall I enjoyed working there granted the pay wasn't so good but it gave me a chance to grow and learn in the work place and gave me a new experience in hospitality.
Pros
had good health care benefits.
Cons
short breaks, and management was not the best at the time.
Great Job and great staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 22, 2016
I absolutely LOVE my job here. I am a full time housekeeper. We always have more than enough hours. However their lies a problem also. Never enough housekeeping staff. It's a hard work and fast paced job. Not enough people are willing to work that hard for that long and for the amount of money they offer. I think a .50-1.00 raise after the initial 60 day probation would guarantee longer, more reliable employees . However I love going to work there. The employees are all fantastic!!!
Pros
Over-time, and great employees.
Cons
Never really know when you get off.
It is a fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 6, 2016
I love working at Holiday Inn, but I am looking for something better. I am the restaurant manager and my duties are such as, scheduling, do inventory at the end of the month, place orders, attends meetings, deal with costumer and meet their needs, train and evaluate.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.