Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,554 reviews matching the search
Great work environment with great travel benefits and discounts.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 11, 2016
I worked for this company four years. During my time with this hotel, I worked with some wonderful individuals. It was the best experience I've had with management. I was able to meet so many interesting people that stayed at the property. The hardest part of the job was the initial swing shift in work schedule.
Pros
Discounts, excellent Management
Cons
Short breaks and having to cover the desk during lunch if you are the only one on shift.
Productive team working environment
Front Desk Clerk,Server (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven FloridaAugust 11, 2016
Working at the Holiday Inn Winter Haven is not just a place of employment, but a place filed with family. At the Holiday Inn I have worked at the Front Desk, and the full service Cafe at the hotel. I have enjoyed the strong team work at both work area's.The hotel has a strong decadation to cleanleness and the hotel is spotless at all times!Management is at both locations where great and valued the work their employees put into their job's.I would recommend for anyone to work, or Holiday at this hotel.
Pros
Free meals in cafe, discounts at all IHG properties
Cons
No heath care, no 401k, Part-time only
Fun place to work very family orientated
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield missouriAugust 11, 2016
Loved my job and all the people I worked with. They did not want me to leave and still trying to get me to come back. Holiday Inn is a great place to work
Pros
Family
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Long Hours, Turn around Shifts
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2016
I worked PM shift by myself while having over 100 people checking in, i prepared and ensured all guests where checked in at a timely manner and happy with their service.

I was able to gain knowledge of large cash handling/major credit cards. Worked in extreme high stress saturation dealing with irate clients and being able to resolve the issue.

My management was only in 1-2 times a week, it was my duty to ensure all hotel employees do their active duties
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
hours
One Person Per Shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 10, 2016
Hectic but enjoyable shift. Contently deliveries different services every time you work because it's never the same.
................................
Learning Enviornment
Food and Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAAugust 9, 2016
A day at work here can mean many things from greeting cutomers and checking them in to cleaning the rooms they stay in. Everyone does their part to keep the operation running smoothly
Excellent people and great place to work
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2016
When staying here please note that we do our best to accommodate everyone. My experience wirking here has opened more opportunities.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Favortism
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 9, 2016
When starting out i thought it was a good place to work. The managers all stick together whether wrong or right. They show favortism and once anybody says anything against you , you cant defend youself and expect them to listen.. hours were good for the most part.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Managers
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHAugust 9, 2016
Very fast paced hotel. Had an amazing General Manager who taught me every aspect of the hotel business. I learned Night Audit, managing the front desk staff, and balancing all cash, checks and credit cards on a daily basis. Ran payroll. Accounts Receivable/Payables.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 9, 2016
Every day worked was something different, never the same except for the normal general duties of checking clients in and out, processing payments, taking reservations and processing daily reports. The manager was amazing and a fair person to work for. My co-workers were fun and energetic.
Pros
Pool priveleges
Cons
Part-time employment
Depends on the school
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 8, 2016
I had a horrible experience at my school. If your not part of the "in" crowd don't expect to get any help at all.

But I have heard that different schools offer different opportunities and a better treatment of its Cadets
Very nice work environment.
Housekeeper/Laundry/Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Green Valley, AZAugust 8, 2016
Opening the continental breakfast every morning for guests, making sure all drinks, food, and condiment are stocked and made fresh while the eating area is kept clean. Cleaning and replenishing rooms to hotel standards, making sure the guest stay was comfortable and well worth their money. Washing drying and folding all hotel laundry everyday so there was always cleans towels sheets and bedspreads for guests.
Productive and fun work place and they have a heart
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHAugust 8, 2016
I loved working at holiday inn in fair born Ohio I miss everything and everyone there was friendly and welcoming.they cared about there employees and listened when they talked to them.
Pros
Food was awesome, team work was a definite.breaks were perfect, and the gm and everyone that was high up in management were awesome.
decent place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kimball, TNAugust 8, 2016
I like the people I work with. managers are nice and helpful. Trainer helped a lot when needed so I could proceed
Pros
everyone gets along
Cons
no insurance
Great and fun place to hone your skills
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 8, 2016
Nice and friendly costumers.manager's can be nice sometimes but they work you hard. And at time's feels like your under paid. Doing party's with no head chef i felt i didn't get the respect we should of got it was a lot to handle.
Pros
We. Got free lunch
Cons
No breaks but they take it out of your check even when you dont take a break
Returning Guests
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2016
Best part of working at the hotel is the returning guests that I've made a connection with. Been with hotel since it opened in October 2012.
Pros
Free rooms on snow days
Cons
Management could be a lot better
dont work in certian areas
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSAugust 6, 2016
depending where you are is then depending but for this area don't work here because most likely you wont be there long I have seen someone get fired because they were late. there is no health care nothing. but if you do. try to stay on the good side because you don't want to see the bad. people get fired.
Fun loving and great place to work
Assistant Manager - Sales (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILAugust 6, 2016
Amazing hotel to work in, great management to work with, Learnt alot and balanced personal and professional life, decent salary packages.
bad management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 5, 2016
While working there our managers decided to quit leaving us to run the restaurant until the hotel found someone. I am sure it is better now but while I worked there the management was not the best.
Laid back breakroom;all you can eat buffet.
Laundry attendant aide (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 5, 2016
The clock was monitored down to seconds when it came topunctuality .You had to maintain neatness an show courtesy to
customer's in any situation.
Pros
Adecent way to earn a living.
Cons
It's not enough of these jobs like these around to actually enjoy the trade.