Holiday Inn
3,162 reviews

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

I liked the employees.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 12, 2015
I loved staying busy and being able to help customers enjoy their time on vacation.... I liked having people depend on me for things personal and professional..
The Management Team is not up to far
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleMay 11, 2015
Pros: clean facility
Cons: no management
Holiday INN is not the best place, it is not a team work facility, lack of non management . there is no personal in charge. but we have some great workers who do a great job
Accounting and Customer Service professional who is detail oriented, highly organized and efficient in fast-paced multitasking environments; able to s
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), South Portland, MEMay 11, 2015
Customer Service
 Maintained high quality of customer care by displaying a strong awareness of phone etiquette and a
genuine desire to meet the needs of each client
 Handled multiple inbound/outbound customer calls on and off site
 Processed client reservations, credit card monetary transactions and solved disputes over orders
 Handled vendor inquiries in person and on the telephone and answered a high call volume of
phone calls
Good starter job
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Springlake, MichiganMay 9, 2015
Although I enjoy those that I work with, I do not feel as though I am valued. Also, there is a large amount of unprofessionalism within the department. Overworked and underpaid.
Enjoy
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 9, 2015
Starting this I have learned a lot and we value our customers I think we always get good feed back. As we continue to grow and get a awesome bond with our customers
Great Branded Hotel
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCMay 8, 2015
Great Branded Hotel IHG is A great brand and has been around for a long time. The Commute from my house is a little far. Overall its a great place to work just have to go through so many channels to get thing fixed around the hotel.
As a Holiday Inn employee
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work was usually 8-10 hours a day, with overtime being mandatory on demand. I've learned about the patience, dedication and general concern you have to have to assure the customer/guest sustain a pleasant and enjoyable stay. My management was hands on, also giving the employees room to operate on their own, in order to be able to work with or without supervision. My co-workers were polite, and often helpful to other co-workers, management and guest. The hardest part of the job was taking a lunch break as require. Reason being that it would derail the pace that you've created for yourself. The most enjoyable part was meeting different personalities from all over the world on a daily basis.
Holiday Inn
Multiple Positions (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNMay 7, 2015
Friendly Staff & teamwork is evident while accomplishing a great environment for the guests. Big hotel with many things to offer
The most enjoyable part of the job
General Manager (Current Employee), Wichita,KSMay 7, 2015
Pros: First NHOP, great learning experience
Cons: managment not wanting to comply with brand standards
What I enjoy most about the job is that no 2 days are the same and that I got to interact with guests daily from all walks of life and traveling for all kinds of reasons
Okay too work for
Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 7, 2015
Typical day of checking people out and checking people into the Hotel. Management sucks.
Handling cash and upset customer was ok.
hotel
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 7, 2015
hotels are good to work at. you do your job and go home. cleaning and stocking the rooms. making sure all the guests are happy
Unorganized but great experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Under staffed and bad management
I learned the ins and outs of Holiday Inn. I love the brand but it was not the best organized. I also worked for a smaller Holiday Inn & suites (privately owned) and it seemed to be a common problem with not having enough staff. Management always had favorites. The part I did not like was being let go while on maternity leave. It was unfortunate. After taking it to corporate, that specific location was notified and they offered my job back. However I did not go back. Although I would still recommend the brand. They have a great standard for guest and I'm sure other locations are different.
laid back work environment relaxing non stressful
Bellman/Valet/Doorman/Concierge/Driver (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 6, 2015
how to be much better at customer service skills

low pressure environment

workers could have been compensated better

absentee management at times but still overall ok place to work
It wasn't what I was looking for in a positive workplace.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), York, NEMay 6, 2015
Pros: Working with such a close "family."
Cons: Having short breaks.
I usually worked the morning or over-night shift, I would get there and there would always be something that needed done which was never a problem. The management had actually changed while I was working there, we were without management for quite some time and when the new management was finally brought in it brought quite a lot of chaos. My coworkers were great, it was more so a small family more than anything else. The hardest part of the job was not having anything set in stone and not knowing when we would be getting new management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with as far as coworkers.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: no cons
Loved working here, it was like one big happy family. Everyone is very respectful and kind. with a hug in the morning to start your day off in a positive loving mood. Mostly girls so that's how we greeted each other.
love working with people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 5, 2015
showing the guest around the the hotel making sure there stay is wonderful also providing them with out hotel policy i l alos love working with my co-worker they are helpful
Productive work place!
Banquets Attendant (Former Employee), Holiday Inn Independence Ohio, 44131May 5, 2015
I had fun working in Holiday Inn Ohio as a Banquets Attendant. The people that I worked with helped me to become who I am right now. I can say it is a good and fun place to work with.
Fun work place.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 4, 2015
When I volunteered at Holiday Inn Express I folded laundry and did some cleaning task around the Hotel. I learned that I wanted to find a job in the Hospitality. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember how to fold the sheets correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with people who speak Spanish.
working full- time
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2015
A day at work is always great I spend most of my time helping other coworkers when I'm finish with my own work. I learn about myself as a great worker, I always find time to help out anyone I'm a very helpful person. Management is always great they're always there when you need them and is very helpful. The hardest part of the job would be nothing at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is, making other happy and proud, doing my job well and getting noticed for doing a great job.
Very professional, and great place to work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMay 4, 2015
My typical day at work would be, setting up tables and having food, drinks, silverware ready for customers. a lot of multitasking is involved due to taking orders and bringing out food as well as keeping work area clean. I learned to work at a fast pace, because you always have to be on your toes when serving big tables and being on time with customers orders. The hardest part for me would be dealing with rude customers, because im always kind no matter what. I enjoy talking with my customers and helping them out with anything they may need.

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more

Holiday Inn Salaries