Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 6,173 reviews matching the search
Fair and a decently paced workplace
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 18, 2017
The Holiday Inn had a steady pace when it came to the serving aspect. They were a fair workplace and kept it very professional. Hostessing gave me more of a chance to serve along with working larger banquets.
This workplace is fun and team oriented
Front Desk/ Concierge (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 18, 2017
Working here is fun and relaxing, great opportunity to grow and meet new people, great staff as well as management, they give you the Proper tools and help you need to do your job well.
Pros
discounted rooms
Management was more concerned about their personal life.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 18, 2017
I really enjoyed the job when I first started. They fired a few people and would not hire anyone to take their place. The expected me to do my job plus theirs and be finished by the time just my job should have been completed.
I love hotel business
Host (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 18, 2017
U get to meet all types of people and see all types of different cultures i enjoy the work atmosphere in hotel business ..the staff and quest what makes working there. Perfect..
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LA 71457June 17, 2017
Working for Holiday Inn showed me just what I needed and was looking for as far as a career, although I loved working for the company,I got paid less than I deserved.
Pros
Hours worked
Benefits
Don't bother
Hotel Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJune 17, 2017
There is no room for advancement at this hotel. Owner does not pay well, does not pay vacation, sick or holiday pay. Insurance is absolutely horrible with a $5500 deductible for a single. Management does not have your back when making any decisions.
loved the people, not the managment
Front desk supervisor/ night auditor (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 17, 2017
i loved working their but i had to move away at one point to Las Vegas for school and get more education in las vegas.
i would work back their again if i had the chance
I loved working here, my coworkers were so kind and proffessional.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lamar, COJune 16, 2017
My experience at this holiday inn express was an awesome one for sure. Everyone had fun and worked hard. We were a team and always had cake on everyone's birthday. The customers were great and the hotel was always clean and beautiful.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Some late nights
Company may not be bad but the location i worked was awful
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJune 16, 2017
Typical day at work was very labor heavy, deals with a lot of heat and harmful chemicals. The work is honest and doable though. I learned how to deal with bad managers and rude coworkers. And learned how to communicate even with a language barrier. Out of 3 direct employees that I dealt with daily in my department, only one treated me badly. But they caused a lot of problems for me and the other employees.
Manger of the location in general did not have a good handle on their business and there were incidences in the work place because of their incompetence.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the overnight shift where we were able to do our work uninterrupted by micromanaging that delayed our work.

Overal, company may be decent, location and particular management made it an unsafe and hostile environment.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes, overnight hours, overtime available
Cons
unreliable management, unsafe work environment, lack of communication between management and staff
Chain of Amana Municipally Sound
Night Auditor, weekends (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 16, 2017
Hospitably in stringent. Capability of relaying data & info between terminals & co-workers, upkeep of the facility & security installations required.
Pros
Breakfast, everyday, & reception held Monday through Thursday.
Cons
The hours of auditing run from: 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM.
Productive Work Days
NIGHT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 16, 2017
A typical day working at Holiday Inn is a day full of greeting guest with a positive and making sure they have everything they need and their expectations are met.
co-worker and the guest helped me make it though the day
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 16, 2017
This job was very stressful. Just one agent at the front desk, she or he must answer the phones, check in and out guest, cash handling, make reservations, talk to other department on walkie talkies, solves other department issues, manage the gift shop all while taking care of the guest needs. That's just some of the duties. Management was never willing to step in or support you on any issue. The hardest part of my job was keeping my job. I felt as thou I could just walk away at any moment. I learned to do my to the best of my knowledge by talking to myself and not letting the situation get the best of me. With my knowledge and experience of front desk. I managed to keep that job for five years. Also with the help from other co-worker from the other department who helped out when the could. I enjoyed working with the other employees and well as the guest. The hotel itself was and still is in horrible condition, something that management want the employee to lie about, even was to training the employee on how to lie about the hotel. The turn for employees was very high. One day they there and the next day they was gone. Over all it was the worst job I ever had, especially coming from a five star hotel like the Goodwin Hotel.
Pros
enjoyed working with others employees and guest
Cons
No lunch or breaks, lack of employee
Fun place to work, -okay- management, not much room for advancement
Banquet Hostess/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville Beach, NCJune 16, 2017
This is a fun place to work for sure, but mainly if you're looking for a summer job or a job while in school. No room for advancement (hardly) and very hard winters.
Hoilday Inn
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2017
I've been working in the hotel business for some time now , and I love that you are constantly business you get to meet all types of ppl from around the world Also Learn New Things . Growing in the hotel business is so easy if your true to your job and with growth your experience just gets even better
Pros
Meeting New Ppl, Discounts, Over Time
Cons
No Set schedule
Holiday inn is a good place to work
Front Desk Clerk-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 16, 2017
Is a good place to work, low pay low hours about 36 to 38 hours a week. I need a job that fits my college, I have a ba from the university of texas at tyler, and I cant get a job tyler texas, so I am looking in the fort worth and dallas area.
Pros
They give you a discount on rooms
Cons
Healthcare non-working unger 40 hours
Fun workplace
Retail Cashier (Work and Travel Program USA) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, Florida, USAJune 16, 2017
The staffs are friendly even we're not in the same country also the other people there. And manager and supervisors are easy to approach and will guide and help you if you needed.
Pros
Free lunch
It was a fun place to work and got my work done without nobdy bothering me
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALJune 15, 2017
I loved working at hoilday inn got my work done and everybody was happy with the clean work i did and also in the kitchen . i would love to go back and work there again.
Better than fast food
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJune 15, 2017
Housekeeping is a pretty physically demanding job. How long you work is entirely up to how fast you get the work done. You work alone 95% of the time and very rarely get help. You are on a pretty strict time frame, which can make doing a good job very difficult.
Pros
You don't need to rely on anyone but yourself
Cons
Don't expect any help
unpredictable work envioment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJune 15, 2017
Great place to solve problems and learn who you are under pressure situations. Its also a great environment to meet and network with people. Develops multitasking ability and people skills.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday, and the Restaurant
Cons
Unorganized and lacks communication.
Beautiful renovated hotel
SENIOR SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 15, 2017
I loved working at The Holiday Inn, especially when it was newly renovated. A new Management took over and let go of all upper management. Was not happy with the way things turned out in the end.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.