Holiday Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,479 reviews matching the search
great hotel
SALES DIRECTOR & GUEST SERVIES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJune 24, 2016
This was a brand new motel that allowed me to create a customer and business database. Hotel was at a great location and staff was pleasure to work with.
Pros
New motel
Cons
Lived on property
A great work place with a horrible theif for a boss
Room service chef - Banquet set up (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 24, 2016
A typiacl day consisted of me doing two peoples jobs and working m butt off only to find out my boss was gonna fire me for her own son, meanwhile the lady is robbing the place blind
Very established hotel
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 23, 2016
Would clock in and sit at the front desk for 8 hours a day. Pretty boring job but was able to meet some interesting people that stayed as guests.
Great Workplace
Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TXJune 23, 2016
It is a professional work environment with many pros. The owners of the business is very nice and are on site everyday to help with any problems or situations that come up.
n/a
Cafe Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOJune 23, 2016
Attending to customers needs, all while displaying outstanding customer service. My team and I worked excellent together demonstrating respect for each as well as the customers. I enjoyed most the smile that was put on customers faces daily not knowing how their day was going they left us with a smile.
productive work place
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJune 23, 2016
Fun and exciting learned how to fold laundry work as a team and the most enjoble part of the day was when your getting tips. the hardest thing was making beds
Awful Place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 22, 2016
Holiday inn is a great place to work but the management is awful and very rude . They talk to there workers any type of way and talk behind your back as soon as you are not around. They are very unprofessional for mangement of a hotel the gm should have stayed in the kitchen he has no personality for managing a hotel.
Great Job and great staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 22, 2016
I absolutely LOVE my job here. I am a full time housekeeper. We always have more than enough hours. However their lies a problem also. Never enough housekeeping staff. It's a hard work and fast paced job. Not enough people are willing to work that hard for that long and for the amount of money they offer. I think a .50-1.00 raise after the initial 60 day probation would guarantee longer, more reliable employees . However I love going to work there. The employees are all fantastic!!!
Pros
Over-time, and great employees.
Cons
Never really know when you get off.
great place to work
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 22, 2016
this is the best company I have ever worked for no stress on you , listen to you if you had a problem they helped work it out and everyone there always pulled together to help each other.They never had a bad word to say about anyone.
Pros
great people
Cons
no cons
Fun place to work for
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 22, 2016
The people is the best there, I miss being there but something you gotta change for the better. The coffee is so good. Also I love the front desk people, so nice.
Pros
bonus
not bad
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 21, 2016
the rooms are kept at a high standard of cleanliness. They don't give raises very often. required to work holidays. occasionally have to work longer hours or at night. Being a College town makes it busy at times
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
required to work holidays
Enjoyable work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Holiday City, OHJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed working with the Holiday Inn staff. I am hoping to find that kind of genuinely kind people again in a future job!
Pros
great staff
Cons
night shift was rough
great staff to work with
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTJune 20, 2016
A lot of turnover, if you stay there you end up doing most of the work. I ran the front desk, breakfast bar, laundry, and housekeeping. The manager and assistant manager were really nice and easy to work for. The pay is really bad for all the work that you do. No benefits or incentives.
Pros
Great People
Cons
pay
Holiday Inn and express
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJune 20, 2016
Holiday Inn and Express is a good atmosphere to work in.The customers are varying and really interesting to mingle with. Good management and staff.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Employees unable to rent a room on off time, low pay
great experience
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30344June 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Holiday inn, i devloped most of me managerial skills and knowledge at this property which help be become a better leader and manager in the food industry, great staff, every day was a new experience, i enjoy delivering 100 % guest satisfaction which keeps our guest comming back.
Nice easy work
Banquet coordinator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 17, 2016
This job is very laid back your day consist of setting up tables and chairs at your own pace. Management is very nice and let you work how you want as long as you get the job done.
Pros
hotel discounts, flexible schedule
terrible
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Canton OhioJune 17, 2016
This was one of the most stressful and poorly run jobs I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Our jobs were constantly being threatened by management. This location has went threw 5 different front office managers over the past 2 years and it has all been due to the higher up management playing the blame game, lack of money and basically having their hands tied when it came to running their own departments as well as 3 GM's. If you weren't a " suck up " or willing to spend 80 hours a week at your job and still be constantly put down you won't make it at this property. You are under paid and over worked. Good luck to anyone who makes an attempt at working at this property.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Holiday Inn
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 16, 2016
My job at the holiday inn can be very difficult. but I learned a lot of things that I can do at home and
Hectic work environment with little organization.
Front Desk Agent/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Solvang, CAJune 15, 2016
1/4th of employees spoke English so communication was almost non existent, lots of drama and petty confrontations, took on more responsibility than job description entailed, worked for one year and newly hired employees received more pay, system and property out of date and make guests irate and uncomfortable at times.
The quality of the Hotel depends on who owns or manages it
Director of Sales & Catering (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJune 15, 2016
The good time to work for this hotel is when a management company or owner has been in the industry. There have been times a buyer comes along looking to make a buck, yet does not know the business.