Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 6,543 reviews matching the search
fast paced
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 7, 2017
I would clock in sit for the quick meeting in the morning. We would receive our list of rooms as well as extras. We would go over rules, complaints. Then go about our day. Start by getting our cart.m Checking to make sure its stoked. Get your linens. Do your stay over first and then your check outs. Strip the beds and then wipe everything down. Check to make sure drawers and safes are empty. Then put new linen on and clean the bathroom.
I loved the fast pace. I loved that everyone had to work holidays it got us out faster to be with our family.
I didn't like that some were treated better than other. Not enough hours. Pay wasn't enough.
Hardest part was flipping mattresses by yourself.
Pros
out early, fast paced
Cons
not enough hours and pay
Pooe management
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 7, 2017
Managament always judging every employee before they have time to prove what they can do. Always fighting of material and a lot of no show no call and you are always stuvk with work for 3 people. Its not recommended for moms who have children that need to be picked up from school bc its un inexcusable for that to happen. But being a single mom they should be more flexible that is all. Other than the management coworkers and hotel community is great to be around
Pros
Pool, coffee
Cons
Short lunch. Only allowed free coffee no breakfast
People
Senior Combo Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 7, 2017
Booking reservations, checking in and checking out guests. Management was great they really worked hard to ensure enviroment was comfortable. Making reservations at other hotels around the world was exciting.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
uniform
Very productive days
Front Desk Agent/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2017
Time flies by with numerous phone calls, guests and managing co workers. One needs to learn and work with busy days. Learn alot when IHG standards are applied.
Pros
Discounts on hotel stays
Cons
Very busy demanding days
It was okay
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJAugust 6, 2017
Was almost always the same thing every day. There are no benefits in the location I worked, which would have made it a better place to be. I will continue working for the company simply because I love working with people, and this is a perfect environment to do so.
Pros
Free Breakfast/Dinner some days
Cons
Very stressful at times
Cool Workplace
GUEST SVCS REP/SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 6, 2017
Nice work environment, Management is motivated and willing to help in any aspect. Clean and friendly atmosphere. Coworkers are knowledgeable and friendly.
A good experience.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRAugust 5, 2017
I liked the culture of the hotel industry. I liked to interact with people that had diverse cultural backgrounds. I enjoyed working in the hotel, met good people there and acquired valuable experience. If I had the opportunity of going back, I would probably seize it.
fun place to work GREAT management
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 5, 2017
It can be very fast paced and exciting. The management works right along side of you instead of just dictating from an office chair. Everyone seems to get along very well and there is a lot of opportunity to make MONEY
Pros
flexible with schedule
Cons
9/10 you're on your feet all day
Bad employee treatment
HR Director (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2017
Treated hourly employees the worst I have ever seen. made them work 7 days a week, every week or fired. When I treated employees nicely to reduce turnover I was scolded. I brought in donuts after a difficult weekend and was told not to do it again as it was spoiling the staff and sending the wrong message.

It is embarrassing to treat employees so badly.
Pros
Micro Management/ treated employees very badly so high turnover
Cons
fun job
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 4, 2017
I love working here several different positions in few words jack of all trays. If you work as a team everything is peaceful and smooth. Interacting with different guest that came from different cities, states and countries.
Fun to work
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2017
Love to work at a hotel industries l love to work with people help them in their needs we work as a family but its so sad hotel was bought thru another company so management had to get laid off.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
healthcare was great
Quality service great management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 4, 2017
The Holiday Inn especially taught me the importance of creating a great atmosphere for my bar guests. A typical day at work consisted of coming in and setting up my work station. I would make sure there were enough juices, garnishes ect. for the shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was working the nights they would have live music.
Great staff and work place.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 4, 2017
Never had an issue at work. Staffing is professional and nice. Meeting new people everyday was the exciting part of the job. Management was always professional and fair.
Fast paced environment
Az Housekeeping Worker- Sweep (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 4, 2017
I love cleaning. My job was to clean rooms to hotels standards and approach guest with a kind attitude. I enjoyed what I did and would work for this company again.
Pros
Having people happy
Customer Care Representative
In House Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 4, 2017
My time at Orange Lake was brief but I learned a tremendous amount about the fundamentals of timeshare sales. As a customer care agent I worked not only in a sales capacity but a customer service capacity as well. This experience was an important piece in my growth as a sales professional.
Fun workplace.
BREAKFAST SERVER (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 4, 2017
Awesome incentives, organized meetings, flexible. The HR department goes up and beyond to break down the history of the company, rules and regulations.
Quick paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIAugust 4, 2017
Never speaking with customers. Always secured in a hotel room cleaning. Everyone is super friendly, but no one listens to eachother. Easy to-do job. Receive some help when it's needed.
Enjoyable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 4, 2017
Loved working for IHG brand. Corporate makes you feel like family. From the owner to the hotel staff. You can go and sit down to have a conversation with anyone at the corporate office.
fun
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NY 14020August 4, 2017
Typical day of worked involved 12 rooms to clean a day. if short handed maybe more. Everyone is friendly and willing to help out. Light dusting vacuming
great place to work
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 4, 2017
Holiday Inn is a great place to work with great opportunity to advance and learn. Pay for the work and amazing managers I'd gladly return to the holiday inn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval