Holiday Inn
2,409 reviews

Holiday Inn Employer Reviews

Chief Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 22, 2014
Great atmosphere, good people to work with, clean. Staff was very easy to get along with. Working relations were super.
A hotel similar to mosts
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great health benefits
This hotel had a remodel and looks fantastic. There are some things in all the departments that I'm sure could improve, but from my understanding it's doing great. People were nice to me, and the staff were great.
Fun job with room for advancement
Agm/ front desk (Former Employee), Odessa, TxJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: no benefits, lots of strange hours
Had great bosses who motivated me to learn more and be a better employee
A very fun place to work in you get to deal with different kind of people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brownsville, TxJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work for me was actually exciting because when you do something in a good mood and think positive everything seems fine. Even if the job was somewhat tiring I really enjoyed working for this company I don't regret nothing I learned a lot. I am know seeking to better myself that is why I am looking for a medical assistant job or something – more... related. – less
Great starting place when entering Hospitality
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 21, 2014
Great place to start your career hen entering this field. Great platform to develop your self.
good breakfast and customer service
Housekeeper (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: when we have free lunch
Cons: having to work holidays
On a typical day i would get 18 rooms. I learned that you can't mess anything when make the bed and changing sheets.The management is kind of poor they really don't care too much for their employees. My co-workers are great everyone gets along. The hardest part of my job would be having to say bye at the end of the shift. I enjoy when the customers – more... tell you how good you clean their room. – less
Good rates on employee stays.
Holiday Inn Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Denison, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: advancements are available for hard workers. free breakfast if working morning.
Cons: there is no insurance or benefits on this job.
Discounted room rates any where they have this hotel. Plus other company's that are involved with theses hotels. Great perk.
Ok Place of work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Vadnis Heights, MNJuly 20, 2014
Most employes didn't speak english, but the hotel is great. I loved cleaning there. But there where some employes that really didn't seem to like it at all.
pretty good
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), West Palm Beach FloridaJuly 19, 2014
Lots of multitasking . Helping the guest is great I love having a job where there's always something to do .
kids
Internship (Former Employee), New London, CTJuly 19, 2014
love working with kids. enjoyed the people i worked with and i like being able to look over children
Okay place to work
Houseman/Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 18, 2014
Great perks
Great co-workers
Not a lot of room for advancement
productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: healthcare
Great for advancement for managemnet great communication
Cool place to work
Houseman (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 18, 2014
Good place to work. I had two floors so I had to be face paced. People were easy to get along with.
Not so bad but not the best
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee), Midlothian vaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: laid back and quick to learn
Cons: management and corporate
The job is good, advancement is very difficult and raises are near to impossible. Only one time a year, and sometimes none. Routine isn't bad but this is a job, definitely not a career.
Very poor communication and lack of concern for employees.
Front Desk/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Redding, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: paying job
Cons: pay, no raises, vacation, sick pay etc.
Management don't try and make things better or easier for the employees to get their job done. Management expects way to much from a housekeeper on the very little supplies they have to get the job done.
Loved this Hotel and all the staff
Reservation/Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Longboat Key, FLJuly 17, 2014
This particular hotel was the absolute best place to work. The employer and owner of this property truly cared about their staff members and the product we were selling. If this property had not been sold and turned into Condos, I could guarantee that most if not all of the original staff would still be there.
Friendly but fast pace work environment
Conference Center Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant MiJuly 17, 2014
Setting up meeting rooms to suit customer needs according to contracts. Making adjustments including but not limited to counts, equipment, and changes in food service. Then breaking down and resetting for the next day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the interaction with guests. Every day was a new challenge.
Fun place too work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: nice customers (some)
Cons: no breaks, and some rude people
count my draw and do my check-ins and check-outs, check availability. print reports etc
Not a great company to work for
Housekeeper (Former Employee), West Yellowstone, MTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: humbling experience
Cons: list too large to finish, under paid salary, people would call in sick often
A typical day at work involves a list few can compete accurately, fairly, with precision and with lunch break. Manager of department at time I was employed did their best to help every employee understand their jobs and the times necessary to complete their list.
I learned that housekeeping is the roots of any hotel and that employees in this department – more... should get paid the highest salary since they are responsible for the rooms.
Hardest part of the job was actually completing a list one knew they could never finish in the timely fashion required everyday.

Most enjoyable part of the job was lunch...:) and going home. – less
A great place to experience every angle of hotel guest customer service from food to hospitality to hr
Lead Chef (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 16, 2014
Overall it was a great learning experience, something I would definitely enjoy doing it again I love the fast pace atmosphere along with the diverse culture, its always a different and is a rewarding carrer

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters in the – Read more