Holiday Retirement

Holiday Retirement Employee Reviews

Long Hours yet rewarding
Community Property Manager/Leasing Sales (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Service to residents, learn new skills
Cons: Long hours, high pressure, little recongnition
You work, live and play in your job. The hours are long and the work environment is stressful and pressured. However, in spite of that with a good attitude and the right team to work with the work is rewarding. The relationships and help you offer the residents is worth it.
Worst company I ever worked for!
Co-manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COJuly 7, 2015
Pros: The wonderful residents, compensation and benefits not horrible.
Cons: Upper management and company culture of sales, sales, sales at all cost. Profit at all costs.
I know, I know, You are going to say "oh but if I just work hard and do my job it will be different for me. Hah! Thought so too! Out of 10 couples that my sister and I trained with, I was the last one to leave at almost 2 years. This company has a huge turnover in every department with good reason. I worked at Sugar Valley Estates and the everyone there loved their job and we did a great job as anyone that lived there would have attested. Upper management is a joke!!!
Secure hard work for couples
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Concord NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Compensated apartment and 3 meals per day
Holiday Retirement is a fine company, but be prepared to spend all your waking hours on your feet working while on duty, sometimes 20 hours per day. Average pay for above average commitment
Great place to work.
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 17, 2015
It is a great place to work and live the management team is awesome and very supportive. The residents are simply amazing and make doing any type of work there, enjoyable.
Great Workplace and team members
Procurement Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJune 15, 2015
Pros: Associate Week
I loved the working environment at the home office. Our supervisor treated us as the adults that we are by allowing us to manage out time and not micro-manage which gave us the confidence to complete our tasks in a timely and efficient manner.

The most enjoyable part is the department that I worked in. They are a true team. Working together for the good of the company.
I love the community and what it offers our residents and working with seniors.
Community Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJune 6, 2015
A very stable company that is fairly easy to work for. Live where you work which makes it convenient and no commuting. Knowing you make a difference daily in someone's life is priceless! Living expenses included. Working with spouse. Great team Benefits and compensation. Working days tend to be very long. Some days you don't have a chance to take a break. Work and life balance is extremely hard to accomplish. Hard to get the time off you have earned. They seem to have issues with hiring new people so, it is acceptable to keep the bad apples, to plus a hole.
Resident lifestyle management opportunity for couples/partners among seniors.
Resident Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 30, 2015
Pros: Wonderful to serve seniors
Cons: inadequate senior management
Resident lifestyle management opportunity for couples/partners among seniors. Responsible for leasing, sales, employee supervision and training, resident retention and satisfaction.
Very unethical and immoral place to work
Community Sales Leader (Former Employee), LovelandMay 26, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Too much to list
This company is the worst place that I have ever worked! Their sales tactics are very unethical and they force you into lying to seniors and tell them whatever you have to to get them to move in. Management regularly threatens employees and make comment like "you will do this or else" and "heads will roll".

Current residents are treated very poorly.
terrible place to work
resident aide (Current Employee), Bradenton FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: free meals, residents are great
Cons: $9hr to do back breaking work, everybody wants to be the boss except the ones that are supposed to be
Filthy roach infested facility with fecal matter on walls in some areas.
Management is terrible. No consistancy with the schedule. You never know from week to week what your days off are going to be and God forbid you ask for two days in a row off. Out of spite you may end up losing more shifts if you inquire about the schedule or if you call in sick.
The residents are great however their are several residents who are total care and cannot do anything on there own. It becomes difficult to properly take care of the residents who require total assistance when there are NO mechanical aides to help. – more... Chronic back pain goes along with the lack of equipment needed to do the job. Plan on sleeping on a heating pad every night after work and taking lots of Ibuprofen. Asside from there being a lack of equipment to help take care of total care residents, its a nightmare at times trying to find diapers, wipes and even gloves so you can clean the residents up when they are incontinent, which is several times a shift. There are no real checks and balances either. On SEVERAL occasions, medication that was supposed to be administered by a medication aide, would be found on the floor by the residents bed or on their night stand. Management would be informed but nothing ever changed.
Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. There is dried fecal matter on the floors in a lot of the residents bedrooms along with smeared fecal matter on the toilets and walls. Roaches are a common sight throughout both buildings. In the halls, in the rooms and even in the residents beds. Dead roaches can also be seen throughout the facility. You would think that housekeeping would vacuum the bedrooms and halls to clean the dead roaches up but they dont.
People pay good money to send their loved ones to this place thinking that they are going to be getting the best care possible like they should. Its a shame that the residents have to live in those filthy conditions. I would NEVER send any of my loved ones to live there. – less
Great Concept
Manager (Current Employee), Joliet, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Mgr Concept
Busy, building relationships with Staff and Residents, on your feet most of the day, busy non-stop. I love the people here whom I have grown very attached to.
They try to convince that you run your own Million Dollar Business- What A Joke
Community Manager & Sales Leader (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: Coummunity Staff & Resident most you begin to love
Cons: Upper managemnt- living conditions- pay
There is not a typical day because they all just run into each other like groundhogs day.
work from 7:00 to 9:00pm everyday & be prepared to be in at least 5 meetings a day telling you sell more and how bad of job your doing.-
Stressful workplace
Strategic Sales Leader (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch and the resident relationship
Cons: Each level of upper management have no say.
No support from upper management. No respect for the employees and sales team. Micro managing and expect to play numbers game.
Good Company, just wish they payed more.
Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, meet interesting people, making a difference in the residents lives
Cons: low pay, hard to ask for time off, large work load
I love working with the residents and the benefits are pretty good compared to what's out there. However, it can be a hectic company to work for at times, and the pay is well below where it should be.
Exhausting
Administrative Management (Former Employee), FloridaApril 17, 2015
Pros: Nice buildings
Cons: Insurance is more than the 9% the ACA deems affordable, Pay for frontline workers is low, You get what you pay for, Very high turnover for management, You will be forced to work from home, No family work balance
Work over 70 hours a week. No support from corporate. You wear 80 hats at once. They try to squeeze $5 out of a penny. Money is invested in cosmetics versus employee retention.
Great Supermarket to work for
Senior Regional Chef (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 13, 2015
This company is now out of buisiness. This was a great company to work for. Loved the idea of being a locally owned company.
Senior Community is well managed and balanced with activities
Co Management Team Member (Current Employee), Salem, OregonApril 13, 2015
Pros: free apartment and meals
Cons: not enough personal time
Holiday is good to employees. Management is overworked and responsibility level is high for amount of compensation given. Lead Managers are in place and basically are responsible for everything, yet roles are delegated to Co Managers as they see fit. Co's are overworked with little to no recovery time for the amount of work. Expectation to be serving coffee and tea at 3 meal services while answering phones, supervising staff of servers, manage resident requests and handling all emergency calls
Serving seniors is rewarding , must be totally commited.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Working with seniors, free apartment
Cons: Schedule is not a good balance between work and off time
A Co-manager team manages the entire facility opposite of the Managers when your on duty they are off duty and vice versa.

I learned to give totally.

The upper Management; is sales driven.

Co-workers; like any work environment it can be fun or stressful.

Hardest part; no decent schedule, you will work 95% of the holidays, and long hours.

Most Enjoyable; Residents hands down if you like working with seniors its hands on. Typically there is around 120 seniors in a community.
Energy draining very negative
Program Manager (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: No support
Holiday Retirement is not the ideal place of employment unless you have no life. The management team gives no support to their co - managers when needed. There is no structure and no team building. Job security is not there and the upper management team will not stand beside you even when your right. Compensation really stinks for what you have to put up with.
A Good Company To Work For
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great advancement opportunities
Cons: Long hours
Hard work and dedication to your job will make you a valued employee that Holiday. I enjoy my work and have been appropriately compensated for my contributions.
Loving the way
Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free apartment, meals and making so many friends
Cons: not having enough hours in the day.
A typical day at work is never the same. Holiday has taught me to expect change in all aspects of an occupation. Management is a way to shine bright to the potential and present residents with the Hoiday touch. The most enjoyable part of a job is the residents; having the opportunity to meet, learn and love each and everyone because they bring something different to the table.

1 2 3 4 5

About Holiday Retirement

When Holiday Retirement was founded in 1971, it set out to create an independent living lifestyle unlike anything seniors had – Read more

Holiday Retirement Salaries