Holiday Systems International Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Opportunity to Grow and Learn
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
The attention to detail will greatly expand your desire for efficiency and your pride of accomplishment. Each position will teach you details about the travel industry that would have otherwise been taken for granted. Here you learn the amount of hard work and effort that is required to maintain this type of business.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
No 401K
Great place to work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2017
I've been an employee here for almost ten years and the opportunities and the things I have learned professionally are invaluable. And the experience I've gained I could not have gotten anywhere else. This is a company that provides opportunities to anyone who wants to do more, who wants to learn, and wants to grow in a company. It's a company that really does develop staff to promote from within. In this day and age it's hard to find a company that you can turn into a career. Some people say that they want that, but be careful what you wish for. You will be expected to work hard and to produce if you are given an opportunity. But conversely if you are given an opportunity to grow, and try hard but the opportunity doesn't work out and you are not the right fit, you will still have a place at the company. There are countless examples of this. This makes it a company where many people wear many hats and have a lot of responsibility. That isn't everyone's dream job, some would rather have one job and a set of duties that they do well and nothing additional. That's fine but this company isn't the place for that. The people who I work with in the majority have been with the company for many many years, most longer than me, and they love the company, love their jobs and love the environment. In fact there are many many examples of employees who have left the company for other jobs or moved, and have come back! Some more than once. That's the kind of company HSI is. Therefore it frustrates me when people who work here for a few months, have decided that this company isn't the  more... right place for them, or who get terminated for failure to perform or even to show up to work on time get on these sites and tell stories that are not true about a great company because it offends all of us who pour our energy and passion into this business every day. To the individual who made comments about the lights and the CEO making us turn them off... thats just beyond ridiculous! He has never ever done anything like that. If a light is off it's because of employees turning them off for whatever reason including because they may have a headache or prefer the natural light that comes into the building all down that hallway. In fact, the CEO turns that specific light on himself often. Very petty, very silly. If you didn't enjoy working at a company that's fine, if you have legitimate feedback then that is valuable to relay, but to tell a silly falsehood like that is a waste of everyone's time on here who wants to get a real review of a company. My advise is to go get a new job and move on.  less
Pros
Good pay, compassionate company, bring your baby to work!
Cons
Lack of talent in middle management
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2017
Good place to work at. The company is always progressing and never stagnant and keeps the employees in the know when new programs are coming out. Management also supports personal growth and advancement when you show interest. Standard health insurance benefits provided. Other unique benefits are offered like free pet neuter/spay and discounts on travel. Improvements would be to offer a retirement plan and have more team/company building activities outside of work or more frequent company parties.
Pros
Advancement, travel discounts for employees, and overall company growth
Cons
Retirement program not available and not a lot of team building outside of work
The Most Enjoyable part of the job
Director of Recruitment and Training (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 10, 2017
The Amount of Knowledge we were able to assimilate. the views were breathtaking, and the vacation benefits were very advantageous as far as the different destinations that were open to us.
MGM Children's Choice Learning Center
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2016
My favorite part about working here was meeting a family with an infant, and watching the child and the family grow. It was wonderful getting close to these families. A job in child care gives you a special experience no other job can. The biggest problem here was we were understaffed and administration (myself) and management had to assist teachers in their classrooms, to ensure the child to adult ratio was safe. The problem with this is administration is there for safety and assisting incoming clients. Overall, I was very happy working at MGM Children's Choice Learning Center.
Fast-paced workplace
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2015
I personally did enjoy my time at HSI. I must say I had some really good and some really bad managers here and I learned and incredible amount from both types.
Very strict and controlling atmosphere! CEO is very odd
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
I did customer Service there for several months and it was an uncomfortable atmosphere at all times. Very military like and paranoid behaviors from the management team. The CEO is extremely temperamental and seems a bit on the crazy side. He is involved with PETA and makes it very high pressure for everyone to share his beliefs on that subject. Way to much tension to enjoy what you do!
Travel Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaSeptember 2, 2014
Holiday Systems International 8/12 to Present
Member Services Agent: Work with HSI and affiliate members in booking cruises, hotels, flights, tour packages, resort weeks and activities
Pros
No weekends required
Cons
Employee Benefits Lacking
No fun
Processing Supervisor/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
The job it self is easy and enjoyable however, the CEO and management staff are extremely rude. The CEO call the employee in to his office, if a mistake was made, and yells at you and calls you every profanity name in the book. There are no incentives to work for this company and the CEO obligates you to join organizations such as PETA.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Extreme Verbal abuse
Learned a lot
Fulfillment & B2B Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2014
Typical day was fine, unless I had to interact with the CEO. The co-workers were great, but he was irrational and hostile. The environment was fast paced and challenging, which I loved, but I don't think anyone should be subjected to the treatment that all employees were subject to at that company.

Want to know more about Holiday Systems International?

Ask a question
Great people (CEO is a bit bipolar)
Property Manager /Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2014
Workplace and people are good to work with, however the CEO is rude and fails to acknowledge people for accomplishments and loyalty.
Pros
lunch program
Cons
CEO is rude and throws violent temper tantrums
Cubicle of what you make of it.
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2013
A days work would be sitting at a desk answering phones all day and assisting members with booking hotels, flights only if in a package deal, or activities for vacations or any reason for travel at a "discounted price".

I learned a lot about what "sink or swim" really means. I was given multiple bookings that were way out of my league to accomplish on my own which ended up in a fiasco. Besides the lack of assistance from the managers the work was pretty easy.

The hardest part of the job was memorizing the scripts that were required to know and use daily to any member, which there were many different types which meant different scripts for each.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting returning members.
Pros
Discounts on hotels
Great growing oppertunity
Affiliations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2013
Always keeping busy, multi-task, phones, customer service, appointment setter, teamwork, work well with others, adjust quickly to new environments.
Pros
free veggie lunch; birthday holiday
worst place i have ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2013
unprofessional and nobody knows what theyre doing because they are too afraid of the CEO to think on their own
Pros
Cons
being there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2013
Cool people to work with, set schedule, and vegan meal reimbursement.
Work hard for unlimited opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las VegasApril 3, 2013
Not many places today where talent and hard work get you moving up fast. Yes, there are expectations of performanceand yes you do have to perform - thats why they call it a job. Sounds like other reviewers were looking for a place to hide - this is not that place! Too many people today expect something for nothing.
Hands down worst company on the planet
CSR (Former Employee) –  Customer ServiceJanuary 25, 2013
This place is terrible, read the other reviews, its ALL TRUE. The "CEO" is maniac, the man is mentally unstable! Like really he gets mad at people who don't refer to him as CEO, like really?? The place smells of fear, I liken it to a cattle slaughter house. Work there and be prepared to witness 3 year old temper tantrums from him.The mans is all about loving animals and PETA but treats humans like scum.

DON'T DO IT like another review says. Seriously, don't! There is no amount of money he can afford to make it worth while.
Cons
everything you could ever imagine and then more.
Don't do it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2013
The management at this company is ever changing. If you are in a management position or in a position that deals directly with the CEO it will burn you out. Be prepared to be sworn at, personally insulted, and have things thrown at you. People are terrifed to be there and no one will tell you what you are getting into because if they don't get you in there they will be in trouble.
Pros
free vegetarian lunch
Cons
everything but free vegetarian lunch
Nice co-workers
ACCOUNTING/PROCESSING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2012
Very fast paced positions which I enjoyed. Learned alot about Time Share Resorts. Really lacked good management but the employees all did good jobs and were good to work with.
Pros
free meals
Cons
very small work stations
Horrible Place to Work. Stay away from that Mad House!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 20, 2012
I respect all of the comments made here, however I just cant understand the persons who made them. I am going to believe everybody has different ways to see things. I had the most horrifiying work experience with HSI and so had the rest of the trainees in my class. We started as a class with 15 or so persons and by the third week of training there were only 5 left and 4 of them were G1 contrats which means they could not fire them although the CEO tried because he didn´t even know who we were. Most of the reps and managers I met were very nice but the Owner and CEO is the rudest person I´ve ever met, compared to the worst dictators in the the world. He cares a lot about the animals and the enviroment but he does not care about the people who work for him. The ones he make learn all his stupid scripts by heart and then expect you to sound natural on the phone as if you were an actor or something like that. I mean, I think this country shouldn't allow that kind of treatment from employers. I thought that was not legal in US, but apparently it is.
The Reps job is very simple. They have some products that they have to sell exclusively to members, poor members. I would have really loved to do that job, I know I could have been good at it, but apparently after being a travel agent for 6 years and a sales manager back in my country, I'm not good enough to sell some timeshare exchanges and tour packages for this "exclusive" company. I'm not an economy guru or anything like that but I had my own little business, and I can tell you one thing, if you run a business treating your emplyees
  more... like they are less than nothing, there is no way that you could achieve success ever.
I could go on forever but I have better things to do.
Pros
most of the people i met.
Cons
ceo and the rest...