Holiday Systems International Employee Reviews

The Most Enjoyable part of the job
Director of Recruitment and Training (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 10, 2017
The Amount of Knowledge we were able to assimilate. the views were breathtaking, and the vacation benefits were very advantageous as far as the different destinations that were open to us.
MGM Children's Choice Learning Center
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2016
My favorite part about working here was meeting a family with an infant, and watching the child and the family grow. It was wonderful getting close to these families. A job in child care gives you a special experience no other job can. The biggest problem here was we were understaffed and administration (myself) and management had to assist teachers in their classrooms, to ensure the child to adult ratio was safe. The problem with this is administration is there for safety and assisting incoming clients. Overall, I was very happy working at MGM Children's Choice Learning Center.
Very strict and controlling atmosphere! CEO is very odd
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
I did customer Service there for several months and it was an uncomfortable atmosphere at all times. Very military like and paranoid behaviors from the management team. The CEO is extremely temperamental and seems a bit on the crazy side. He is involved with PETA and makes it very high pressure for everyone to share his beliefs on that subject. Way to much tension to enjoy what you do!
Great pay and benefits
Confirmations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2012
There is high turnover because of high stress environment. If you fall in with the right supervisor or department the stress can be avoided. I had an excellent Supervisor, until I didnt, and was terminated. I can never complain about the opportunity and the opportunity given to grow your career if you can endure the environment.
Pros
maternity office to bring newborn to work, regular reviews/increases
Cons
being watched and recorded to the minute
The training process
Finance Intake Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2012
When you start you are asked to take a typing test, the if you pass you went to a classroom setting. There you learned about the company And took a test every day. To breakup the long hours we played games, took extra breaks, and that was enjoyable. Then after the 2 weeks of training you were given a "final", if you passed you went to your office and started your job, however if you didn't then you lost your postion
This was the best way I have ever learned about my postion hands down. So when it came time to start I was fully prepared and knew what to expect.
Pros
the training process, overtime
Cons
expensive healthcare
Hands down worst company on the planet
CSR (Former Employee) –  Customer ServiceJanuary 25, 2013
This place is terrible, read the other reviews, its ALL TRUE. The "CEO" is maniac, the man is mentally unstable! Like really he gets mad at people who don't refer to him as CEO, like really?? The place smells of fear, I liken it to a cattle slaughter house. Work there and be prepared to witness 3 year old temper tantrums from him.The mans is all about loving animals and PETA but treats humans like scum.

DON'T DO IT like another review says. Seriously, don't! There is no amount of money he can afford to make it worth while.
Cons
everything you could ever imagine and then more.
Overall good company to work for. Not much opportunity for advancement.
VIP Customer Service Rep/Fulfillment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2012
I enjoy my job; however, I want to grow both financially and with my resposibilities. I am cross-trained in three departments and my pay is at a stand still at my rate of pay when I was only trained in one department. The company has had four major layoffs in the past two and a half years that I have been employed where an average of 25 people were let go. Our company probably has only had at the most 180 people employed at one time. This creates a very scary work environment for those of us whom have "made the cut(s)."
Pros
paid lunches and vacations. open to cross-training their employees.
Cons
no retirement plan, not much opportunity for financial growth.
Cubicle of what you make of it.
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2013
A days work would be sitting at a desk answering phones all day and assisting members with booking hotels, flights only if in a package deal, or activities for vacations or any reason for travel at a "discounted price".

I learned a lot about what "sink or swim" really means. I was given multiple bookings that were way out of my league to accomplish on my own which ended up in a fiasco. Besides the lack of assistance from the managers the work was pretty easy.

The hardest part of the job was memorizing the scripts that were required to know and use daily to any member, which there were many different types which meant different scripts for each.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting returning members.
Pros
Discounts on hotels
Don't do it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2013
The management at this company is ever changing. If you are in a management position or in a position that deals directly with the CEO it will burn you out. Be prepared to be sworn at, personally insulted, and have things thrown at you. People are terrifed to be there and no one will tell you what you are getting into because if they don't get you in there they will be in trouble.
Pros
free vegetarian lunch
Cons
everything but free vegetarian lunch
No fun
Processing Supervisor/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
The job it self is easy and enjoyable however, the CEO and management staff are extremely rude. The CEO call the employee in to his office, if a mistake was made, and yells at you and calls you every profanity name in the book. There are no incentives to work for this company and the CEO obligates you to join organizations such as PETA.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Extreme Verbal abuse
Work hard for unlimited opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las VegasApril 3, 2013
Not many places today where talent and hard work get you moving up fast. Yes, there are expectations of performanceand yes you do have to perform - thats why they call it a job. Sounds like other reviewers were looking for a place to hide - this is not that place! Too many people today expect something for nothing.
Learned a lot
Fulfillment & B2B Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2014
Typical day was fine, unless I had to interact with the CEO. The co-workers were great, but he was irrational and hostile. The environment was fast paced and challenging, which I loved, but I don't think anyone should be subjected to the treatment that all employees were subject to at that company.
Travel Industry with Multiple Programs
SALES & MARKETING REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2012
Very Challenging industry in these times. Set record for daily contracts and monthly for Advantage Card Program. Helped launch Extranet Team to provide complete services for existing and new business partners
benefits
Cons
no job security
Great people (CEO is a bit bipolar)
Property Manager /Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2014
Workplace and people are good to work with, however the CEO is rude and fails to acknowledge people for accomplishments and loyalty.
Pros
lunch program
Cons
CEO is rude and throws violent temper tantrums
Travel Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaSeptember 2, 2014
Holiday Systems International 8/12 to Present
Member Services Agent: Work with HSI and affiliate members in booking cruises, hotels, flights, tour packages, resort weeks and activities
Pros
No weekends required
Cons
Employee Benefits Lacking
Nice co-workers
ACCOUNTING/PROCESSING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2012
Very fast paced positions which I enjoyed. Learned alot about Time Share Resorts. Really lacked good management but the employees all did good jobs and were good to work with.
Pros
free meals
Cons
very small work stations
Great growing oppertunity
Affiliations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2013
Always keeping busy, multi-task, phones, customer service, appointment setter, teamwork, work well with others, adjust quickly to new environments.
Pros
free veggie lunch; birthday holiday
worst place i have ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2013
unprofessional and nobody knows what theyre doing because they are too afraid of the CEO to think on their own
Pros
Cons
being there
Best Benefits In Town
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2012
Free lunches, $50/mo HMO/PPO insurance, and you can even bring your newborn to work! No place else like it.
This company bugs the office with hidden cameras and microphones. Worst company I've ever worked for.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Las VegasFebruary 1, 2012
I have to agree 100% with the last reviewer. The owner of this company is the nastiest peson that you will ever encounter. He will throw items across the room in meetings, scream and yell at you in front of others and treat you like you are a nothing. Cameras are all over the building and as the last person said, one day management slipped up and made a reference to a personal conversation that I had with someone that I know for a fact that nobody else knew what the topic of discussion is. Also, salaried employees have to get a manager to sign them out for breaks and lunches. Also, salaried employees do not get paid if they miss a day of work. You cannot chew gum and the work environment is the size of a closet. Speaking of closets, they wanted to convert a closet into an office and stick several employees in there. NO JOKE! The benefits are fluffed up to make it seem like they give you so much. In addition, you are expected to work 12 hour days and weekends too. If you don't, it's grounds for termination. Stay away from this h.E.L.L hole. I'm so happy that I found another job and quit this place!
Pros
pay is good
Cons
see my review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Systems International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7