The Pension/Benefits Administrator will, under limited supervision, administer several pension plans and the health and welfare benefits programs for seagoing employees (Holland America Line & Seabourn). Function as the primary contact for employees, vendors and system issues as they relate to seagoing benefits.
1. Responsible for the administration of several retirement plans covering HAL and Seabourn shipboard officers.
2. Assists in the administration of the land-based HAL 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan.
3. Work with CMS/Adonis to ensure that the HR/Payroll systems are updated and maintained to reflect plan administration requirements.
4. Act as the primary employee contact for the employee stock purchase plan communicating with Carnival Corporation and directly with employees at all levels in the organization.
5. Manage multiple eligibility requirements and notify employees of enrollment options in the various benefit offerings, such as retirement, medical, dental, life and AD&D. Create and distribute to the ships benefits orientation packets for Seagoing employees.
6. Maintain benefits records and documents necessary for administering benefit programs.
7. Process monthly premiums in a timely and accurate manner to include allocations of expenses to the appropriate ships. This includes conducting monthly premiums reconciliations, processing adjustments and refunds as necessary.
8. Conduct monthly audits of enrollees to ensure that all employees and their dependents are covered accurately
. 9. Advise all US resident employees and dependents, when necessary, of their COBRA and HIPAA rights and perform all duties related to COBRA and HIPAA administration.
10. Assist in the preparation and review of all Summary Plan Descriptions and other employee benefit communications.
11. Advise Pursers, Crew Pursers and Human Resource Managers of all matters concerning administrative procedures and interpretation of plan provisions and documents to insure effective communication and general understanding of programs by covered employees.
12. Reconcile ship payments to finance reports and make adjustments or issue refunds as needed. Communicate payment reports to all ships.
13. Assist with other projects as assigned.
See our Jobvite: http://jobvite.com/m?3PcB6gwt
Or Follow us on Twitter at HAL_US_Jobs