Holland Hospital Employee Reviews

Soul Crushing.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 3, 2015
Cons: Poor communication, Older employees favored, Bullying
I would never recommend anyone to work for Holland Hospital's service department. You are the bottom of the food chain and are treated as such.

If you are not constantly sucking up to the many leads of the Food Service department, you will be belittled, bullied and harassed to the point you are completely miserable.

Any reports of problems you have are completely ignored by management, as she only listens to what the leads have to say. The leads will lie until their tongues come off to save themselves from getting in trouble.

You can work hard to make everything perfect until your fingers bleed but will never get the recognition. The only recognition you will get is if you make a mistake and it will be as if you committed a crime.

Good luck to anyone thinking about working there. Chances are you're going to hate it Otherwise, prepare yourself to listen to everyone who already work there, talk about how much they hate it.
Great Place to work
Director, Practice Ops & Physician Recruitment (Current Employee), Holland, MichiganJune 1, 2015
Good people and great place to work. Dynamic organization with a strong future. Terrific Hospital in the Holland Community
Wonderful people, great coworkers and staff
Unit Technician/Special Procedures (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 30, 2015
I've enjoyed my time here, its a great work environment with wonderful people. You learn something new everyday and with the helpful coworkers and team leaders it doesn't make it difficult to learn.
Great work place
Instrument Technician (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 19, 2015
Very connected and involved in health and patient care. Holland Hospital has high standards and appreciates its employees. The typical day changes day to day and depends on the work flow.
Unit Technician - Special Procedures (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: staffing
The biggest issue with working with this hospital is that there are always staffing issues but that's pretty much every hospital. The people that work here are always super fun to work with and it's a semi large hospital but you still know almost everyone's name and you feel very welcomed into the hospital as soon as you walk in.
Discriminating Environment
Radiology (Former Employee), Holland, MIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: none of your not dutch, everything if you are
Cons: discriminating environment
Unless you're of a specific religion, ethnic background and conservative (native to Holland), don't bother applying.
Excellent place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Holland, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: healthcare/employee benefits
Cons: pay scale not as competitive to other hospitals
Holland Hospital is an excellent place to work with great benefits and a great work environment!

Holland Hospital has won many awards for 100 Best Places to Work and they deserve these awards.
Holland Hospital in financial trouble
Administrative (Current Employee), Holland, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the cafeteria is pretty good
Cons: everything else
This hospital treats the employees horribly. They have been firing veteran employees to try and meet budget goals. They shut down a whole floor, got rid of the translators, they stopped matching 401k, no raises, no bonuses, no job security. I was fired after 17 yeas of service for an apparent policy violation. Fired weeks after the alleged incident and after I trained my replacement.
Work here if you want a low-paying job, be unappreciated by management and have no benefits. Hostile wirk environment.
Productive and nice healthcare enviroment to work for at Holland Hospital.
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Holland, MIDecember 8, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: short breaks
I worked as a Patient Service Assistant doing Intake and outtake of urine specimens, or fecal output as well. Clean rooms for next patient being admitted water trays, help feed patients and help RN nurses with baths for assistance. Retrieve prescription medication for patient at pharmacy.
Excellent work place, staff on my floor is top quality.
Registered Nurse- 4west medical/surgical/oncology (Current Employee), Holland, MISeptember 24, 2014
The best employer I have ever had. Management is awesome, they treat everybody fairly and have a desire for all the employees to succeed not only in their jobs but in their private lives also.
Fun to work there
Unit Tech (Current Employee), Holland, MISeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free meals for awards
Cons: not time for breaks.
Taking care of patients, do blood sugar testing on patients, changing linen, ROM for patients, take urine and BM samples, help patient prepare to leave, help feed patients if needed and do continuous charting on patient through out the work day.

The hardest part of the job is if a patient dies.

The best part of the job is helping the patients.
Beautiful Facility
Pre-Admissions Testing Assistant (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 10, 2014
The staff are all extremely caring and always there to help. Great benefits.
Fun and interesting work
Unit Tech/Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 7, 2014
There was never a dull moment when I worked at Urgent Care and the Labs. Constantly learning new information and skills and interaction with many different people.
Basically it was a great place to work and the benefits were wonderful. It changed after a certain individual became the manager
Lead Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 25, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: sometimes it was double shifts because of someone calling in sick
I was so interested in my position that I took a medical terminology class to learn more about my position.
Productive and gratifying place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 16, 2014
Holland Hospital is a very professional place to work. Their benefits are quite desirable in the economy we have to work with. The best part was the wonderful, friendly, helpful staff I was privileged to work with. There is a great sense of teamwork between staff and disciplines.
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Holland, MIApril 1, 2014
Transporting patients to and from various areas around the hospital: ex. bringing patients out to their cars. Bringing food to patients in their rooms, and runnning lab orders to the lab. I learned a lot about working in a hospital setting, since I'm hoping to become a medical assistant.
Fast pass enviroment
Registration Specialist (Current Employee), Holland, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: nice pay
Cons: mangment
Great people to work with but management needs work. Great with training.
A good place to work with nice benefits
Pt Accts -Commercial Biller and Support Specialist (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: difficult management in the billing office
I enjoyed all the positions I worked at Holland Hospital. I became proficient in many areas of the hospital. The staff were excellent to work with.
Fun place to work, many different people to learn things from
Internship-Unpaid (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 1, 2013
As a student you could rely on any of the tech's in the department to help out if needed. The tech's at Holland Hospital were very fun and friendly to work with and learn from. The management for the department was very easy to talk to as well.
LPN, Health Aide, Health Assessment Tech
Health Assessment Tech (Current Employee), Holland, MIJanuary 31, 2013
Holland Hospital has been a wonderful place to work. When I came back to their employment the HR said "We are so happy you chose HH to work for." They value their employees and their patients. When my job as a health aide was eliminated they were quick to find another job for me as a health assessment tech.