Holland Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

One of the best places I have ever worked
Radiology Diagnostic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 20, 2016
Holland Hospital has treated me like family since the day I started there. Everyone works well together and gets along well. The hospital is expanding many of its departments and creating new branches which offers many opportunities for advancement or cross- training. The management here values you as a person and worker and makes sure your needs are met and strives to keep you happy while working for them.
Pros
Excellent work environment, good benefits, lots of room for advancement
Enjoyable work environment, caring staff
Medical Records Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 25, 2016
I have only been there for a year but what I have encountered in this time is a close knit group of employees that are a joy to work with. Everyone is willing to help each other and no one acts like they are better than the other. It is a pleasant environment. I work the second shift and it is much more quite than the day shift. I would say that this is probably the hardest part for me to overcome in my job. I like to see the customers and help them when I can.
Pros
great medical benifits
Cons
I have not encountered any
New Position; Very Productive; High Demands; No Incentives
Insurance Cashier/Med Secretary/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 28, 2015
My new position is very different than any I have held in the past. I work on a weekly rotation duty shift; varying from posting various insurance payments; posting various patient payments; posting discounts and/or adjustments that are given; to posting virtual payments; transfer payments from our facility to another; posting interest and/or fees assessed to patient accounts and other various duties. I have learned a lot in the short time I have held this position, and I have been with Holland Hospital since 1992 and would like a change in my career path.
Pros
Some great friends and coworkers.
Cons
No time for breaks, facility moved to another facility
Holland Hospital in financial trouble
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 5, 2015
This hospital treats the employees horribly. They have been firing veteran employees to try and meet budget goals. They shut down a whole floor, got rid of the translators, they stopped matching 401k, no raises, no bonuses, no job security. I was fired after 17 yeas of service for an apparent policy violation. Fired weeks after the alleged incident and after I trained my replacement.
Work here if you want a low-paying job, be unappreciated by management and have no benefits. Hostile wirk environment.
Pros
the cafeteria is pretty good
Cons
everything else
Hard work, but very rewarding. Loved my coworkers!
Unit Tech (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work would include bathing patients, checking vital signs and blood sugars, turning, ambulating and toileting patients. Feeding patients and spending time with them. The hardest part about the job was seeing patients dying and having to see them hurting and their families. The best part about the job was being able to make a difference in people's lives. Although the job was hard at times, being able to make people smile and feel better always made it worth it.
Dedicated to quality patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 11, 2016
Good work environment. Supplies always readily available. Management involved and ready to help as needed. 24/7 pharmacy. Hospitalist always available.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Down staffing during low census
Soul Crushing.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 3, 2015
I would never recommend anyone to work for Holland Hospital's service department. You are the bottom of the food chain and are treated as such.

If you are not constantly sucking up to the many leads of the Food Service department, you will be belittled, bullied and harassed to the point you are completely miserable.

Any reports of problems you have are completely ignored by management, as she only listens to what the leads have to say. The leads will lie until their tongues come off to save themselves from getting in trouble.

You can work hard to make everything perfect until your fingers bleed but will never get the recognition. The only recognition you will get is if you make a mistake and it will be as if you committed a crime.

Good luck to anyone thinking about working there. Chances are you're going to hate it Otherwise, prepare yourself to listen to everyone who already work there, talk about how much they hate it.
Cons
Poor communication, Older employees favored, Bullying
Fast paced, acute environment with time management and prioritization skills needed.
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 11, 2016
Holland Hospital has a friendly atmosphere, but is very focused on status. I have learned to come to work and perform my best during day. Prioritization is a must to maintain safe and efficient care.
A rewarding experience.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 25, 2016
I was a contract employee and enjoyed the team I worked with. The work was challenging but not overwhelming. I felt appreciated for a job well done.
Excellent place to work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Holland Hospital is an excellent place to work with great benefits and a great work environment!

Holland Hospital has won many awards for 100 Best Places to Work and they deserve these awards.
Pros
healthcare/employee benefits
Cons
pay scale not as competitive to other hospitals
A toxic environment. My boss did not speak to me directly for my last 8 months of employment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 19, 2012
I am still recovering from this experience. Meetings were always scheduled at times when 3rd shift employees were supposed to be asleep. Experienced employees were treated as newcomers when they started at HH and had all their work graded. I was personally degraded and told I should consider retirement. My political views were not tolerated.
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else.
Patients care always comes first
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  602 Michigan AveNovember 2, 2015
Regardless of what else may be going on, the care of the patients always comes first. Hours are at times extended in order to render the best care possible for their patients.
Pros
caring atmosphere
Cons
HR will fire you for the smallest mistake
RN (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 29, 2015
HH puts a great deal of pressure on the nurses, and does not provide the education or training needed to comply with the law.
Pros
Nice Co workers
Cons
Poor management that does not comply with their own policies
Basically it was a great place to work and the benefits were wonderful. It changed after a certain individual became the manager
Lead Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 25, 2014
I was so interested in my position that I took a medical terminology class to learn more about my position.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
sometimes it was double shifts because of someone calling in sick
Very Exciting Experience
EMT-B Student (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 19, 2015
It was moving around a lot, but it wasn't bad at all. I learned many things. Everyone was great. The hardest part of the job was the stress, but it's alright, I could handle it. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Expensive Lunch
Productive and gratifying place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 16, 2014
Holland Hospital is a very professional place to work. Their benefits are quite desirable in the economy we have to work with. The best part was the wonderful, friendly, helpful staff I was privileged to work with. There is a great sense of teamwork between staff and disciplines.
Great Place to work!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 17, 2015
This organization prides themselves on diversity and improving the lives of those within the community. Spectrum Health also encourages employees to participate in higher education. Great co-workers and team members.
Beautiful Facility
Pre-Admissions Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 10, 2014
The staff are all extremely caring and always there to help. Great benefits.
Best Aides around!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 8, 2015
Holland hospital has the best home health aides that are truly
dedicated to their job. Interesting patients that are always fun to be around
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Unit Technician - Special Procedures (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 15, 2015
The biggest issue with working with this hospital is that there are always staffing issues but that's pretty much every hospital. The people that work here are always super fun to work with and it's a semi large hospital but you still know almost everyone's name and you feel very welcomed into the hospital as soon as you walk in.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.