Holland LP Employee Reviews

Excellent work experience
Mobile Welder /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILApril 25, 2017
Learned the aspects of profit and loss, along with budgeting on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. Scheduling daily activities, routine maintenance and operations.
fun and safe
Technician (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILDecember 26, 2016
the team is great builder of characters and passion for work environment. we accomplished multiple tasks in timely manners! great company over all to work for.
Motto is family first, that's the first of many lies
Foreman Welder (Current Employee) –  Crete, ILJuly 6, 2016
Compensation and management is a joke. Weekly checks are always being docked and told you're not paid for hours worked that you should clearly be paid for. Like meetings. Fly time. Hours spent driving in your personal vehicle (long distance 14+ hours). You're required to bunk and share a hotel room with another employee so there is no privacy, and no possibility to see family while you're traveling for work which is 3-4 weeks straight with no time home.
Management is unprofessional and not employee friendly. They treat you as though everything is coming out of their pocket and don't look out for their employees. Hence not getting paid for work hours that by law you should be paid for!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay. Managements team. Lack of concern for employees. Work-life balance
Not for a family
Welding forman (Current Employee) –  Crete ilApril 27, 2016
I worked here for 9 years and have had no type of life and still have no money they rob you on every pay check and have to fight for your money I strongly suggest not to work here supervisor will not stand up for you when there is safety problames that is why I got fired because I stood up to a safety eschew and was told to do it or I will not have a job so I don't have a job because I was not going to work out of my track limits that's just asking to die but they didn't care so they fired me beware of this company
Unprofessional, revolving door (Crete Ofc)
employee (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILDecember 23, 2015
This place is ran like the students are in charge. The management teams are very unprofessional, they lie to you about incentives, bonuses, cost of health insurance, very slow with reimbursement checks (if ever). Husband and wife teams which made it very awkward (especially when they would bring their personal issues to the office). I hate to say but there was a bit of bullying from upper management. One guy gave a 2 week notice and was escorted out of the office by the end of the week. The Curran Group need to look into the practices at the Crete office. It takes the HR department months to respond to applicants. This office is a pathetic joke.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, lack of bonuses, lack of incentives
mobile welder (Current Employee) –  idahoFebruary 7, 2015
Great place to wotk at. They pay for everything including hotel and per diem. If you need to fly somewhere they provide plane tickets and if you drive you get mileage. All you do is show up to work. Keep in mind you will work nationwide. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to get into a railroad career.
Pros
pay
Cons
long times away from home
Great place to work if you enjoy trains!!!
Railcar prep (Current Employee) –  Upper Sandusky,OHJanuary 17, 2015
I work for M-Bar-D LLC. Ohio prep Upper Sandusky, Ohio location. The work is great if you like adventure! If you love the outdoors this is your place. I've worked for M-Bar-D for just over 1 year. I love the work, and not being stuck in a factory.The hardest thing about this job is work life balance. If your single and have no one to answer to you'll be fine. There is a lot of sacrifice with your schedule due to being on call 24/7 including holidays. I really believe management has a good vision to improve the scheduling though. Some of the improvements are being made now. So if you love railcars, basic metal fabrication, stick welding and torch cutting this is your place!!! One more thing you do get Quarterly bonuses, annual bonuses too. The company pays for hotel stay and perdium is good too!!! We only stay at nice hotels which is a plus!!
Pros
Job satisfaction, and adventure/decent wage and benefits
Cons
Not being sure when you have a day off unless you schedule the day.
Great Company of the Curran Group
Supervisor (Junior Welder) (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILApril 30, 2014
Great start to a typical day outdoors and filled with challenges and the learning experience in the line of work was different everyday. The co-workers are very motivated to get the job done correctly on the first go. Most enjoyable part of it all is the benefits and the travel to different states.
conductor
Mobile Railroad Welder (Current Employee) –  chicago illinoisMarch 27, 2014
safety, conductor, engine control, switchman, foremen, good job
Good productive place to work
Combination Welder (Current Employee) –  Kenova, WVSeptember 1, 2013
A typical day at work mostly involves welding of rail car parts. I Havel earned to tig weld and the managers are great people
dedicate your life oncall for lowpay
railcar prepper (Former Employee) –  ohioApril 23, 2013
I worked there for about a year oncall fixing railcars. They get around not paying good wages by hiring temps and treat people like dirt. The bosses sit around w their feet on the desk chewin tobacco and yelling at people. They have no place in management. The regional manager is a joke and is a waste of money, chewin tobacco and rarely works,says he works from home. Wouldnt recomend to anyone, they go through 4 temps aweek.
Cons
low pay and poor management
Great people to work with providing a valuable service to the rail road.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILDecember 2, 2012
Fantastic company to work with. Compensation could be better. 3/4 of your life will be away from your family depending which department you are in. Field managers could use some professional management training.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
lp stands for "low pay".
Not very employee friendly
Mobile Welder (Former Employee) –  Sulfur LouisiannaMarch 2, 2012
I worked for this company for six months. Although they have a great benefit package, it is very costly to obtain Medical and Dental coverage. This company works long unannounced hours and in any weather. The supervisor that I had consistently lied to me and was over heard several times belittleling the employees.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not very employee friendly