Holland Residential Employee Reviews

Grate Work Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 27, 2015
my typical work day consist of coming in every day and looking over the move outs for that day, Then i walked the unit and determined what needed to be done for that unit. I learned a lot of different skills while i was with Holland. The management was outstanding and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy residents and the most enjoyable part of the job was the accomplishment of making residents happy.
Pros
Discounts on rent
Cons
upset residents
Great company
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 27, 2015
Company is great. Like all property management companies, the maintenance side is under rated and under paid. But they pay better than most and treat employees well. The CEO is very involved in a positive way. Most company ideas are better in theory than in application. They also operate with poor technology and programs compared to other companies i have worked for. On the maintenance side there is a large amount of wasted time and inefficiency as a result of poor systems of operation. I have also experienced very poor maintenance facilities and shop space, which makes day to day work very inefficient and much more difficult than necessary.
Pros
Pay, benefits, PTO
Cons
Poor technology and work space. Poor tools supplied.
good company to work for
Tech II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2015
overseeing day to day maintenance for 462 apartments, and giving the best customer service. good team work. good training program
Pros
living on site
Cons
only 20% deducted off rent
Good Company
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 9, 2015
Good Company, When I started the company provide good employee benefits, overtime, flex time, and good opportunity to grow up in the company.
Good Company
Apartment Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  washingtonApril 2, 2015
Holland is a overall decent company to work for. I would recommend them. The culture is pretty good, the corporate people are easy to work with.
Pros
salary
Cons
expensive benefits
n/a
Sales/ Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2015
This is a property management company based out of Vancouver Washington. They serve many states on the west coast of the United States.
great place to work if your new or experienced.
Maintenance tech II (Current Employee) –  Beaverton ORSeptember 26, 2014
I have worked for a few property management companies, I wont say who. But I got to tell you. none of those companies took care of their employees like this company does. I used to have problems getting up for early shifts before. I hated getting up early. Now its like it never bothered me before. The only thing that would put you out of place with this company, is trying to put yourself and your skills above everyone else. If you did the work fine if you haven't let them know.
Having a good time, but being responsable and staying professional is the name of the game here. the company is pretty big so if theres a chance you want to relocate from seattle down to tempe Arizona give this place a chance. Maintenance tech II
Pros
online trainning, on property trainning from outside companies, a great place to grow
Cons
if i had cons i wouldn't be typing right now lol.
Great company
Porter (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CASeptember 6, 2014
This company gave me my shot into property management. They took a chance with me and I am very grateful for that. And I haven't let them down.
Fun work place.
Maintenance Tech III (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 14, 2014
Always enough work to keep you busy. Two swimming pools to maintain. 500 units on over 30 acres of land. Enjoy driving golf cart.
Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job is shoveling snow in the winter.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2014
Holland Residential is an excellent company to work for and grow with.
Good for gaining experience but many inconsistent decisions
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 9, 2014
Holland Residential offers good experience, they have high demands and expectations but senior management does not give proper direction to achieve given goals. Many tight deadlines and unrealistic expectations. Employment and placement decisions are too often made by off-site regional members. The training department has been very lacking of consistency and valuable information.
Pros
management leasing commissions, industry experience and knowledge
Cons
poor training, inconsistency from property to property, expectations without guidance or direction
Fun and Exciting Sales Environment
Sales/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 7, 2014
I loved the sales process and the extensive report building that my position with Holland allowed. The team and managment atmosphere was very personable and fun. I enjoyed the experience gained and love the office clerical type of work. This is a great company to work for as they offer competitive benefits and a commission package in addition to base pay to reward for great sales.
Pros
fun, great customer service, wonderful training process
Cons
co-worker cohesiveness, apartment discounts for employees.
great place to work at
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  lynnwood waDecember 16, 2013
great place to work for. great staff and co workers. limited properties to work at other than that not a bad company to wrok for.
Don't believe everything they tell you!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2013
Promised training did not occur until after 90 days of trying to learn on the fly. This was exacerbated by constant changes in work location since nobody was invested in my training.

The intense focus on performance numbers bred a lack of truthfulness in reporting. This was true of people in both leasing and maintenance. I made management was aware of the blatant falsification of maintenance results several times but these practices were not changed.

I was told the position required "flexibility." The changes in work schedule and locations I endured was ridiculous, however. I never had a set day off (except usually Sunday when most locations were closed anyway). There were weeks when I was at a different location every single day and days when nobody expected me to be anywhere because the scheduling was so chaotic. Most of the time I literally did not know who my Manager was.

There was one Manager who took a sincere interest in my career. He tried to create a set schedule for me, but it was not followed. Even he would ask me to come in on my day off at the last minute.

The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with residents. They were often unhappy about the constant changes in office staff. At one location a number of residents requested that I stay through letters to management, verbal requests and an online statement. The company ignored this and transferred me anyway.
Pros
really nice co-workers, ok benefits and pay, possibility of promotion
Cons
lack of organized training, corporate culture that bred lack of truthfulness, no respect for employees' personal life or family values, no interest in meeting the requests of residents
So So company.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 17, 2012
I worked for the company for 2 years. The corporate accounting was always a problem. We would not get paid on time or in full at leaset six times in the two years I was there. The sites themselves are run by the on-site manager and therefore the property is only as good as that person. I had a good manager and a pleasant work environment for 1.5 yrs but then the new manager they brought in was not so good. Very unprofessional, brought a dog to work everyday, wouldn't call people back or take meetings with residents. unfortunately with that kind of company structure there are no checks and balances so the people under the manager get scapegoated for bad management by the property leader. I ended up having to defend policies and actions taken by management that I didn't feel where fair to the customer and my manager wouldn't have my back or defend the decisions that she was having us enforce. Also leaving at lunch and not returning is a common practice for all the managers in the company so expect to be on your own a lot. if you do a leasing or assistant's role. It all depends on who is running the property. There are a lot of good managers but a few bad ones that seem to never get let go.
Pros
small enough where people still care, and a good manager makes all the difference.
Cons
lazy managment, bad benefits, unprofessional and cheap at times.
Productive, fun yet very structured environment with a chance to advance within with the proper training and guidance once given the oppurtunity.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 10, 2012
Working at Rock Creek Landing with Holland Residential was definitely a challenge that I enjoyed taking on. It was a fast paced environment with many task, goals and expectations placed upon our staff as a whole. I enjoyed working at Rock Creek Landing and wish everyone at the property the best of luck in everything they do.
Enjoyable Job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 30, 2012
Was very nice the way the crew worked together as a team to accomplish a very clean and well maintained facility.
Pros
good staff and place to work
Cons
alot of plumbing problems with how the buildings were designed
Fun and enjoyible- learned a lot.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 9, 2012
I found that the company had a high turn over. I was hired as a tech then shortly my supervisor was let go and I was thrown into the mix and had to learn with no knolodge of their systems. I got it and grew. Shortly after I was jumping to other properties and taking on new challenges.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
turn over rate