Holland Services has over 30 years’ experience in every aspect of upstream, midstream and downstream land services. We are a full service provider with hundreds of professionals in multiple offices across the United States. Holland Services provides its clients with complete professional land services. We pride ourselves on our work product and dedicated hard workers. Holland Services is currently looking for qualified Title Abstractors to join our team.
The Abstractor’s primary function is to perform title searches, which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property. These are then submitted to the Examiner who conducts an examination of the title. The Abstractor utilizes various websites and title search software. Must be innovative in approach to locating property information, and is responsible for making a determination on what does and what does not affect the title to a property. The Abstractor must be able to operate in an environment with tight deadlines and strict standards.
- Searches deed records utilizing various county software & websites for internal counties.
- Searches judgment records utilizing various county software & websites.
- Check bankruptcies and Patriot Act blacklist websites on property owners.
- Updates title and judgment searches.
- Obtains copies of deeds and judgments utilizing online services and working with Copy
- Transmits completed updates to appropriate party (client, closer, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned by management when free time exists.
- Responds to random client requests (i.e., sending copies of deeds).
- Preferred- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. 1+ year’s title abstracting experience required.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of title software desired.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate appropriate initiative when making decisions and problem-solving.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize multiple simultaneous tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Willingness to learn and apply knowledge in title law desired; demonstrated knowledge of title law in any state, preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills on all levels within and outside of the organization, and the ability to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust to project needs and various courthouse environments
Holland Services has over 30 years experience in every aspect of upstream, midstream and downstream land services. We are a full service...