Holland

Holland Employer Reviews

Terrible. Don't do it.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Owatonna MNOctober 26, 2014
Pros: none at all
Cons: no breaks at all, risk of being run over by forklift, having to accept multiple forms of harassment.
I was the Operations Supervisor at the Owatonna Terminal. It's a joke.
You do everyone else's job ( including the Teamsters positions), you have no authority, there is promise of open positions and promotions, but they do not exist.
You have no idea when your day will be done- it might be 7:30 or it might be 10:30.
Daytime positions don't really exist, – more... and the slight few that have them don't do their job so the night people have to work twice as hard.
Management is laughable. Terminal Manager was gone all day or on "conference calls".
Company could be good to work for other than the people that already work there, the hours, their expectations, the actual jobs, lack of communication, false hopes, and their lack of care with customers freight. – less
My Review of Holland
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joilet, ILJune 24, 2014
A typical day at work involved on average ten hours a day in the truck driving about four-hundred to six-hundred miles a day.
Operations Supervisor Des Moines, IA
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaJune 12, 2014
Pros: hard working crew
Cons: mutliple
Manager totally misrepresented the hours and weekend hour commitment for the position in order to fill the position. Required to work over 55 hours every week for mediocre salary. Planning the freight and routes was fun and easy. Dispatch supervisor was a solid influence and great trainer.
Fun Great Place To Work
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJJune 9, 2014
Great School, Great environment for kids to learn in. Would send my child there every day.
Good bosses friendly co-workers
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILJune 5, 2014
Overall a great and friendly place to work. Supervisors care about both the people and the freight not just making money.
Good firm for experienced accountants
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: paid for cpe, employee benefits
Cons: lack of training
Most days were busy. A good opportunity to work for various clients in numerous industries. Majority of co-workers and management team members were friendly and easy to work with.
Worst place ever worked
City driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: long miserable hours
Bad place to work. Management lies and tries to bully workers. 14 hour a day in cold hostile conditions
going nowhere fast
forklift operator (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIDecember 21, 2013
Pros: few
Cons: lots of free time to job-hunt
Dead-end job, there were some nice folks working there but lousy place to work. Was told M-F 4 hrs per day, then found out you were on call daily.
Best place I have worked
Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 30, 2013
The Holland, Inc has been my place of employment for almost five years. I have had a great experience with them. I learn so much from this organization.
Welder Trainee (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 4, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Holland. I enjoyed all of the people I worked with and had a good time on the job
worst company ever!!!!!
casual (Former Employee), romulus, miApril 28, 2013
Cons: dirty, dusty and just plain nasty environment
lied about pay rate (was told 14.00 an hour, was actually 11.90 and hour. when I asked about this was told " dont like it?? quit, i'll replace u tommorrow".....was threatened every day with our job....."we have a stack of applicants" you can be replaced. all the supervisors were pricks.
co workers
Crew member (Former Employee), Lexington, SCApril 8, 2013
Pros: co workers and pay
Cons: swing and rotating shifts
Here I liked my co workers I worked with on my crew. At the age I was when I started the pay was great of course. I was still single and living with my parents so I didnt have that much in bills. The hardest part of my job I felt were the swing and rotating shifts but after a while I got used to it.
Productive and fun work place
Operating Engineer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 27, 2012
Pros: being productive
Cons: seasonal work
Checking equipment getting orders from management building roads and building pads.Met allot of great people to work with.The hardest part is getting laud off. Most enjoyable part is working with a good crew and seeing the project finished.
Drukkerij in Utrecht
Secretariaatsmedewerkster / Telefoniste (Former Employee), Hoonte, GEFebruary 25, 2014
Goede werksfeer en fijne collega's. Dit was ook een combinatiefunctie nl. secretaresse/telefoniste-receptioniste
werk zweer goed
in de bouw (Former Employee), monteurDecember 12, 2013
Pros: dicht bij
Cons: laat terug
gezellig maar wel door werken het was geen moeilijke baan maar wel veel op hoogte werken
Nie panowała tam miła atmosfer i praca stresowa
Kwiaciarka bukietów (Former Employee), Alsmeer, HolandiaFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: nie było
Cons: niskie zarobki
Najlepiej jak by to była praca bez stresowa, w do które chciało by się chodzić.

About Holland

Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich., Holland has long been recognized for delivering the most next-day service lanes in its territory – Read more