Holland

Holland United States Employee Reviews

Real good people to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: working with kids
Cons: not knowing if i will ne able to work the whole week
I go to substitute at different schools in Rutherford County. I would learn different things about different schools and how the schools were ran. The company that hired me has really good management and they know exactly what they want out of the employee. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will be able to work the whole week. The most enjoyable thing is working the whole week and getting to know some of the kids if I don't already know them,
Keep looking
City Driver (Current Employee), Ft. WayneFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: junk equipment, micro-management, lack of trust
I've been with Holland Motor for 19 years. When I started it was the elite LTL carrier to work for. Ever since YRC bought us it has been down hill. If you work local you'll spend more time working the dock than driving. You'll average 11 hours a day. Starting wage will be a little over $15.00 per hour and take 3 years to get to top wage. If you're starting in LTL look somewhere else. ABF, UPS Freight, Old Dominion, anywhere is better than a YRC company.
Keep looking!!!
City/dock (Current Employee), South Bend, In.January 4, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: everything else
Company is serious debt. Employees are giving back 15% of weekly earnings. I've been with the company 9 months and have given back over $6000 of my hard earned money. Really difficult to want to go to work everyday. I'm definitely looking for work again. Work and family balance is a joke! Pension is a joke. Best perks of the job, are the people and free health care. Do yourself a favor, keep looking else where....
only good out of this place is benefits
office (Former Employee), rockford,ilJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not trustworthy they lie and not following labor laws
Management bad and people are not friendly nor are they trustworthy and they are great at lying to you. Labor laws are broken there too. Not worth the stress. Do not work here unless you love stress and being lied to. They say one thing and promise you another and it is all a lie.
Terrible. Don't do it.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Owatonna MNOctober 26, 2014
Pros: none at all
Cons: no breaks at all, risk of being run over by forklift, having to accept multiple forms of harassment.
I was the Operations Supervisor at the Owatonna Terminal. It's a joke.
You do everyone else's job ( including the Teamsters positions), you have no authority, there is promise of open positions and promotions, but they do not exist.
You have no idea when your day will be done- it might be 7:30 or it might be 10:30.
Daytime positions don't really exist, and the slight few that have them don't do their job so the night people have to work twice as hard.
Management is laughable. Terminal Manager was gone all day or on "conference calls".
Company could be good to work for other than the people that already work there, the hours, their expectations, the actual jobs, lack of communication, false hopes, and their lack of care with customers freight.
My Review of Holland
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Joilet, ILJune 24, 2014
A typical day at work involved on average ten hours a day in the truck driving about four-hundred to six-hundred miles a day.
Operations Supervisor Des Moines, IA
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaJune 12, 2014
Pros: hard working crew
Cons: mutliple
Manager totally misrepresented the hours and weekend hour commitment for the position in order to fill the position. Required to work over 55 hours every week for mediocre salary. Planning the freight and routes was fun and easy. Dispatch supervisor was a solid influence and great trainer.
Fun Great Place To Work
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER (Current Employee), Mays Landing, NJJune 9, 2014
Great School, Great environment for kids to learn in. Would send my child there every day.
Good bosses friendly co-workers
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILJune 5, 2014
Overall a great and friendly place to work. Supervisors care about both the people and the freight not just making money.
Good firm for experienced accountants
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: paid for cpe, employee benefits
Cons: lack of training
Most days were busy. A good opportunity to work for various clients in numerous industries. Majority of co-workers and management team members were friendly and easy to work with.
Worst place ever worked
City driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: long miserable hours
Bad place to work. Management lies and tries to bully workers. 14 hour a day in cold hostile conditions
going nowhere fast
forklift operator (Former Employee), Birch Run, MIDecember 21, 2013
Pros: few
Cons: lots of free time to job-hunt
Dead-end job, there were some nice folks working there but lousy place to work. Was told M-F 4 hrs per day, then found out you were on call daily.
Best place I have worked
Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 30, 2013
The Holland, Inc has been my place of employment for almost five years. I have had a great experience with them. I learn so much from this organization.
Production Work
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, OHOctober 8, 2013
Standard production work. Includes not only assembly but also quality control and process review.
Welder Trainee (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 4, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Holland. I enjoyed all of the people I worked with and had a good time on the job
worst company ever!!!!!
casual (Former Employee), romulus, miApril 28, 2013
Cons: dirty, dusty and just plain nasty environment
lied about pay rate (was told 14.00 an hour, was actually 11.90 and hour. when I asked about this was told " dont like it?? quit, i'll replace u tommorrow".....was threatened every day with our job....."we have a stack of applicants" you can be replaced. all the supervisors were pricks.
co workers
Crew member (Former Employee), Lexington, SCApril 8, 2013
Pros: co workers and pay
Cons: swing and rotating shifts
Here I liked my co workers I worked with on my crew. At the age I was when I started the pay was great of course. I was still single and living with my parents so I didnt have that much in bills. The hardest part of my job I felt were the swing and rotating shifts but after a while I got used to it.

About Holland

Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich., Holland has long been recognized for delivering the most next-day service lanes in its territory – Read more

Holland Photos